Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
    Audioshark

Verity Audio Otello Speakers

Otello

The Otello exemplifies Verity Audio’s philosophy. This commanding loudspeaker boasts impressive dynamics and true musicality, qualities for which all Verity Audio loudspeakers are recognized. Like all of Verity Audio’s fine products, Otello offers an outstanding performance for its price point and a remarkable intelligibility level for a speaker its size. Its smooth impedance curve, high-efficiency characteristics and proficiency in listening rooms of all sizes and conditions make it an exceptionally adaptable and versatile product. With an input sensitivity of 93 dB and even, nominal 4-ohm impedance, Otello excels alongside a strikingly wide array of power amplifiers, including single-ended triode designs.

Efficiency: 93 dB 1W/1m;
    Sublime balance of dynamics, transparency and tonal beauty;
    Refined appearance and industrial design;
    Stable 4-ohm impedance compatible with any amplifier;
    Two isolated cabinets, allowing for superior sound coherence;
    Superb custom-made proprietary midrange and woofer drivers using state-of-the-art technologies;
    Verity’s unique rear woofer configuration provides extreme definition down to the lowest octaves;
    Small size at no loss of performance;
    Gorgeously crafted and finished with exquisite Italian lacquer;
    New MASIS isolation support with adjustable feets.

MSRP: $17k-$18,645k depending on finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Re: Verity Audio Otello Speakers

Big fan of Verity Audio.
    Congrats Mike on a great line of speakers. Verity’s new amp and preamp are also very very nice. I had seen them before but got to hear them at the recent Montreal show. Gorgeous!

Super Moderator

Those are beautiful.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Gorgeous! ..... Verity makes some very nice sounding speakers.
    Buddy

Boulder 1160 Amp, 1110 Pre-Amp
    Audio Research Ref. 3 Phono-Pre
    Vivid Audio Giya G2S2 Speakers
    MSB Reference DAC
    Innuos Statement w/Next. Gen. PS
    B & W DB1D Subwoofer X2
    Audioquest Niagara 5000 Power Conditioner
    Kronos Pro Turntable w/Kronoscope RS tonearm + SCPS-1 PS + MSL Platinum Cart.
    VPI HW-40 Turntable w/ Lyra Etna cartridge
    Jay's Audio CDT3-MK3 CD Transport
    Schiit Mjolnir 2 HPA + Audeze LCD X headphones
    Adona Equipment Rack and Amp Stands
    Furutech Outlets and Plates + NCF Booster
    Shunyata Cables
    Synergistic Research Galileo SX Ground Block, FEQ 4, Ethernet Switch UEF, Black Box + Room Acoustic treatments

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by tunes View Post
    Big fan of Verity Audio.
    Congrats Mike on a great line of speakers. Verity’s new amp and preamp are also very very nice. I had seen them before but got to hear them at the recent Montreal show. Gorgeous!

Thanks Chris, Joe and Buddy. The Verity's easy load presents some nice options. I really feel excited about my speaker options (and I'm done with speakers):

In the store:
    Magico - best SOTA modern box speakers. Best speaker under $10K.
    Harbeth - best BBC monitor/stand mount speaker
    Verity - efficient floor standers which fill a ~$10k (Finn, Otello) to ~$25k+ (Parsifal Anniversary) gap in my offerings.
    Gryphon - system play with Gryphon electronics

Out of the box:
    Avantgarde - best horn speakers, high efficiency, dynamic champs
    ?????? coming soon - crazy, wild, fun speaker I've always loved....stay tuned....

P.S. yes, I'm constantly thinking of this stuff!

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

Very nice Mike! Nice job in looking for the best components at various price points. Also, I know you are always thinking about assembling musical systems, not just selling components.

Can’t wait to hear the Othellos!

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

It's so nice to see you carry Verity. How do they match with Gryphon? Do you plan on getting the larger speakers they make? The Sarastro's are amazing.

Mike, congrats on picking-up Verity. They are truly beautiful speakers in terms sound and finish. I had Parsifals for 15+ years, and they worked really well in various room configurations and with a variety of equipment.

Best,
    Duke
    Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2 / Ayre MXR-20 / MSB Ref DAC+Transport / Nordost SC+IC / Audioquest PC /

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Thanks Chris, Joe and Buddy. The Verity's easy load presents some nice options. I really feel excited about my speaker options (and I'm done with speakers):

In the store:
    Verity - efficient floor standers which fill a ~$10k (Finn, Otello) to ~$25k+ (Parsifal Anniversary) gap in my offerings.

Out of the box:
    ?????? coming soon - crazy, wild, fun speaker I've always loved....stay tuned....

Congrats Mike! You’ve done a brilliant job of bringing in a diverse selection of terrific sounding speakers at various price points. Your next addition, which I’ve been after you to pick up for awhile, will really round out your speaker line beautifully. I don’t know of another dealer that has such an amazing selection of speakers to audition.

Best,
    Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps; MSB M204 Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

Always enjoyed the Parsifal back in the day. Beautiful speakers, would like to hear them again.
    Brinkmann Bardo w/ EMT HSD-006 cart, MSB Reference DAC --> Linear Tube Audio MicroZOTL --> Ampzilla 2000, 2nd Edition --> Fyne Audio F1-12

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinist View Post
    Congrats Mike! You’ve done a brilliant job of bringing in a diverse selection of terrific sounding speakers at various price points. Your next addition, which I’ve been after you to pick up for awhile, will really round out your speaker line beautifully. I don’t know of another dealer that has such an amazing selection of speakers to audition.

Best,
    Ken
    Thanks Ken. It’s something I really obsess about - the best - products across a broad spectrum, shown in a proper environment, rather than just the ones that everyone has heard of - B&W, Martin Logan, etc.

I go to all the shows I can as you know, request demos to hear in my store and ultimately make the decisions around the best products across a broad spectrum of designs.

I would like one more electronics brand, must be US made, I have enough Euro and Japanese made gear! Considering constellation. Their new stuff is terrific, especially their 1.0 stuff and the series above (Revelation I think it’s called). But I just had a big outlay of cash with all the new MSB Dac’s, MSB transport, new Chord DAC’s, Gryphon Pantheons, Magico A3’s, ARC REF 160M’s, Verity speakers, MBL speakers (oops...guess it’s out of the bag now), T+A gear, VAC 170iQ integrated, etc. I want some MBL amps (looking at the N15’s), so the other stuff may have to wait.

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by matt_zak View Post
    It's so nice to see you carry Verity. How do they match with Gryphon? Do you plan on getting the larger speakers they make? The Sarastro's are amazing.
    Thanks Matt. No plans at this time, but I do want the Parsifal Anniversaries to show at some point. I did already sell a pair of Amadis S to a local client (the fellow I sold all the VIVA gear too). He’s going to have a killer setup, especially when his new MSB Premier DAC arrives. Wow. Glad he lives in my neighborhood. Can’t wait to hear those babies.

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Duke97 View Post
    Mike, congrats on picking-up Verity. They are truly beautiful speakers in terms sound and finish. I had Parsifals for 15+ years, and they worked really well in various room configurations and with a variety of equipment.

Best,
    Duke
    Thanks Duke!

Thanks Matt. No plans at this time, but I do want the Parsifal Anniversaries to show at some point. I did already sell a pair of Amadis S to a local client (the fellow I sold all the VIVA gear too). He’s going to have a killer setup, especially when his new MSB Premier DAC arrives. Wow. Glad he lives in my neighborhood. Can’t wait to hear those babies.
    Looking forward to your impressions of the Amadis S. Should be a very fine sounding set of speakers with his gear.
    Buddy

Boulder 1160 Amp, 1110 Pre-Amp
    Audio Research Ref. 3 Phono-Pre
    Vivid Audio Giya G2S2 Speakers
    MSB Reference DAC
    Innuos Statement w/Next. Gen. PS
    B & W DB1D Subwoofer X2
    Audioquest Niagara 5000 Power Conditioner
    Kronos Pro Turntable w/Kronoscope RS tonearm + SCPS-1 PS + MSL Platinum Cart.
    VPI HW-40 Turntable w/ Lyra Etna cartridge
    Jay's Audio CDT3-MK3 CD Transport
    Schiit Mjolnir 2 HPA + Audeze LCD X headphones
    Adona Equipment Rack and Amp Stands
    Furutech Outlets and Plates + NCF Booster
    Shunyata Cables
    Synergistic Research Galileo SX Ground Block, FEQ 4, Ethernet Switch UEF, Black Box + Room Acoustic treatments

I owned the Leonore. Always liked these in cone speakers. Also easy to set up in smaller rooms

Mike : Congrats !
    VA makes stunning speakers.

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk
    Shindo, Nagra, Electrocompaniet, Harbeth, AMR, Mc Intosh, Auditorium 23, Rega, DeVore, JC Verdier, WireWorld, Kimber

Verity had a superb sound in Munich. When one takes the price point into consideration, they are punching well above their weight.
    Congrstulations Mike, your selection is inspiring and superbly judged.
    All the best!

so pleased to hear this , i miss my verity rienzi and the otello definately on list to try sometime
    1]bel canto EIX/ F5 monoblocks . BC cd2, tannoy eaton legacy 2]bel canto pre 5 ,arcam a85 , black ice modded dac
    modded dac , marantz sa8005, Verity audio Rienzi

Congrats Mike! Our demo pair arrived today in Stockholm, Sweden. Can't wait to break the box and break them in

/ Marcus
    PERFECT SENSE
    www.perfect-sense.se

Showroom in Stockholm, Sweden | info@perfect-sense.se | 08 518 368 00 | Follow us on Facebook

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Sense View Post
    Congrats Mike! Our demo pair arrived today in Stockholm, Sweden. Can't wait to break the box and break them in

/ Marcus
    Congrats! They’re fantastic. Love their musicality.

Mike, have you tried the Verity speakers with all your different electronics? I'd love to hear your thoughts on which ones match the best.

Audioshark

Mike, have you tried the Verity speakers with all your different electronics? I'd love to hear your thoughts on which ones match the best.
    Not all, but most. VAC is superb. The little 170i. Luxman is also great. The Gryphon 120 was probably my fave solid state (haven’t tried the Diablo 300 yet nor the T+A).

The new and very reasonable Ayre EX-8 has really impressed me over here with the new Otellos recently.

/ Marcus, www.perfect-sense.se

Attached Images Attached Images
    PERFECT SENSE
    www.perfect-sense.se

Showroom in Stockholm, Sweden | info@perfect-sense.se | 08 518 368 00 | Follow us on Facebook

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Sense View Post
    The new and very reasonable Ayre EX-8 has really impressed me over here with the new Otellos recently.

/ Marcus, www.perfect-sense.se

Nice! Another great option.

Thanks guys! When we do get back to the states some day I plan on going with a nice solid state integrated. I love the Gryphon sound and it's nice to hear it's a good match. The T+A is also I'm sure.

Audioshark

Thanks guys! When we do get back to the states some day I plan on going with a nice solid state integrated. I love the Gryphon sound and it's nice to hear it's a good match. The T+A is also I'm sure.
    Matt - come on down for a listen. We can try a variety of amps!

Trust me, if we're ever in Florida even for vacation I want to stop by your store. One of the best in the world from what I've seen. I was bummed that the high end store in Dubai has closed. We were there last week and wanted to go there but found out they closed a couple years back.

In the store:

Out of the box:

Plenty ported speakers turning up lately Mike ...

Where are the jumpers located between the monitor and woofer cabinet. On my Reinze's you could have the woofers front or rear facing. The Verity plate is removable. Can you do this with the Otello's and Parsifal's?

It doesn’t appear to be a substantial speaker until you see the back photo. Listened to the Otello at Axpona and was mightily impressed. Huge lifelike soundstage, they transport you to the recorded venue.

Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps; MSB M204 Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinist View Post
    It doesn’t appear to be a substantial speaker until you see the back photo.

Ken
    Yes, they're very deceptive.

Great speaker company. Remember auditioning the Parsifal Ovations and they were top notch. Also Verity mates well with tube amps because they typically have linear impedance curve and generally present a benign load to the partnering amp.

Good stuff Verity Audio Otello Speakers
    Cyril
    Speakers/Amp/Preamp: Thiel CS2.4 / ARC Ref 110 / ARC Ref 3
    Sources: Basis 2001/Graham2.2/Nagra BPS/Benz Micro Glider SL, Dynavector 20X2-L, ARC CD7, Oppo BDP-83 SE
    Cables/Power/Other: Nordost Heimdall ICs, SCs / Shunyata Hydra 8, Shunyata Python Helix PC / VPI 16.5, HRS Nimbus isolation system

Audioshark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YOIxWOU7Vk

Not all, but most. VAC is superb. The little 170i. Luxman is also great. The Gryphon 120 was probably my fave solid state (haven’t tried the Diablo 300 yet nor the T+A).

Agree VAC is superb, should work well with Verity .....

Audioshark

https://www.monoandstereo.com/2018/0...m=facebook&m=1

been over a year since this last comment , anyone been using the otello or any other new verity speaker like the new lakme

http://verityaudio.com/en/loudspeakers/main-line/lakme
    1]bel canto EIX/ F5 monoblocks . BC cd2, tannoy eaton legacy 2]bel canto pre 5 ,arcam a85 , black ice modded dac
    modded dac , marantz sa8005, Verity audio Rienzi

I love my Otello's. Setup was tricky and took a while to get just right but finally got them dialed in.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

We (as importers of Verity in Scandinavia) are naturally big supporters of Verity in general and the new Lakmé specifically being a genuine breath of fresh air. This speaker points out a new direction for the brand aiming towards both former followers as well as a new generation that wants a modern look in a reasonably sized package with a lot of flexibility when it comes to placement and positioning.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any specific questions.

/ Marcus, https://perfect-sense.se/varumarken/verity

Attached Images Attached Images
    PERFECT SENSE
    www.perfect-sense.se

Audioshark

I enjoyed the speakers while I had them. I made some sales, but they left my client hanging for nearly 6 months and really jerked him around and never delivered. After that, I determined they or their distributor (take your pick) wasn’t serious and moved on. As for the customer, he ended up with Avantgarde Duo XD’s. He’s very happy now.

I enjoyed the speakers while I had them. I made some sales, but they left my client hanging for nearly 6 months and really jerked him around and never delivered. After that, I determined they or their distributor (take your pick) wasn’t serious and moved on. As for the customer, he ended up with Avantgarde Duo XD’s. He’s very happy now.
    That's too bad Mike. I do know that Verity had challenges to deliver the new and most popular models. Avantgarde is something very different though (needless to say).

/ Marcus
    PERFECT SENSE
    www.perfect-sense.se

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Verity Audio Otello Speakers