Luxman 509x Review - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Luxman 509x Review

Sure you can if you can get your hands on one that has the ability to control the gain like the plate amps used on subwoofers. Look on the GR Research site or talk to Danny Ritchie. Also look at the new Hypex Fusion amps that Clayton is using to do just that on his new Spatial models.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon Dl-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Nuprime CDT-8, Teac Reference NT-505, PS Audio DirectStream DAC w/Bridge II, BHK Preamp with BHK 250 amp or Kinki EX-M1, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Dueland IC's, Triode Wire Labs SC & PC's, Equi=Core 1800, PI Audio Uberbuss, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, W4S Recovery with iPower, Nuprime DAC-10, Mivera Purepower, Nola KO's, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Audio Sensibility SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jack. I knew gain was going to be an issue. I know of some Channel Islands Audio D-200 MkII. They have a gain setting of 32 or 26db. I have no idea how to tell if that works with the Luxman or the VSAs.

I will call Channel Islands tomorrow and see what they have to say. I am pretty confused as to what has to work with what.

I am going to speak to VSA tomorrow as well.
    "Audiophiles are the homeopathic healers of the electrical engineering world..."

2 Channel System - Lumin X1 > Luxman L-509X Integrated > Martin Logan 13a + Von Schweikert Audio VR 5 SE
    5.1 System - A-Tech 7000 Case HTPC > Intel i7-8700 > (JCAT USB & Net Card) > Roon Core + HD Plex 400W ATX > Pioneer Elite UDP-LX-500 > Emotiva XMC-1 > ATI 1505 Amp > Evolution Acoustic Micro One (L,C,R) + Lyngdorf MH-2 (rear) > REL S3 SHO Sub
    Vintage - Modified Yamaha CR-1020 > Modified ADS L710
    Audience & Verastarr cabling

Post Thanks / Like

I would call Danny as well as powered bass modules with high efficiency mid and tweeter drivers is the basis for all of his larger tower speaker designs. Though most of designs are eventually sold as flat pack kits he does assemble multiple copies for testing before selling them and takes the assembled and finished versions to shows. His amps also have gain and crossover controls.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon Dl-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Nuprime CDT-8, Teac Reference NT-505, PS Audio DirectStream DAC w/Bridge II, BHK Preamp with BHK 250 amp or Kinki EX-M1, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Dueland IC's, Triode Wire Labs SC & PC's, Equi=Core 1800, PI Audio Uberbuss, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, W4S Recovery with iPower, Nuprime DAC-10, Mivera Purepower, Nola KO's, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Audio Sensibility SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2