Berning ZOTL Pre One vs Linear tube audio MZ2 - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berning ZOTL Pre One vs Linear tube audio MZ2

Hi Joe,

I just had a loan Thrax Dyonisos, It's wonderful match with the Sit3, certainly the budget it's high but all the qualities of the Sit3 are multiplied with an energy like a muscle car !

Attached Images Attached Images
    PTP+ Schick arm+ Phasemation PP300, Aurorasound Vida, Zardoz -Meitner MA1-First-Watt Sit 3/ JobPre2-Marten

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! What do you think? Looks great.
    Joe

Valvet E2, Avantgarde Duo XD, MC303, First Watt SIT-3, Luxman MQ-300, Pass XA25, Job INTegrated, Cary 300B SE, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber Kables, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables, Burmester 948, Linear Tube Audio MZ2, Bricasti M1SE, Naim Supernait 2, Lumin U1 mini, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2,
    McIntosh MCLK12

Post Thanks / Like

I will try to listen also The Coincident Statement MKII line stage, but for now the Thrax will be my next préamp.
    PTP+ Schick arm+ Phasemation PP300, Aurorasound Vida, Zardoz -Meitner MA1-First-Watt Sit 3/ JobPre2-Marten

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent. I know people love the Coincident gear. I think there may have been a few updates recently. I don’t know how the sound is affected but reports are about improvements across the both amps and preamp.
    Joe

Valvet E2, Avantgarde Duo XD, MC303, First Watt SIT-3, Luxman MQ-300, Pass XA25, Job INTegrated, Cary 300B SE, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber Kables, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables, Burmester 948, Linear Tube Audio MZ2, Bricasti M1SE, Naim Supernait 2, Lumin U1 mini, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2,
    McIntosh MCLK12

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Yami, for your analog and Thrax, is it Anamighty in Paris you interact with? It's a great shop for analog.

Post Thanks / Like

[DEVIS = bonzo; 259136] Bonjour Yami, pour ton analogue et Thrax, est-ce que tu interagis avec Anamighty à Paris? C'est un bon magasin pour l'analogique. [/ QUOTE]

Yes , they are very competent in the field of analog , and their choices are excellent. I listened recently a Thrax Orphéus (Phono), WOW... it's a phenomenon of resolution and naturalness !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yami View Post
    [DEVIS = bonzo; 259136] Bonjour Yami, pour ton analogue et Thrax, est-ce que tu interagis avec Anamighty à Paris? C'est un bon magasin pour l'analogique. [/ QUOTE]

Yes , they are very competent in the field of analog , and their choices are excellent. I listened recently a Thrax Orphéus (Phono), WOW... it's a phenomenon of resolution and naturalness !
    Here is my write up on the visit to Anamighty. On my blog you will also find another Thrax vs FM 123 phono compare, where we preferred the Thrax

http://zero-distortion.org/analog-sh...amighty-sound/

Post Thanks / Like

[DEVIS = bonzo; 259140] Voici mon article sur la visite à Anamighty. Sur mon blog, vous trouverez également une autre comparaison phono Thrax vs FM 123, où nous avons préféré le Thrax

http://zero-distortion.org/analog-sh...amighty-sound/ [/ QUOTE]

Beautiful report ! It's really a nice place and Anamightysound Team is friendly.

Post Thanks / Like

Joinid, As we have some of the same gear, (Avantgarde Duo XD, Luxman MQ-300), and I'm thinking about trying the new LTA pre-amp with the Luxman. I've listened to the LTA MZ2 and 3 as an amp and really like it, but not quite as dramatic as the Luxman.

So, I was wondering if you've listened to your LTA before the Luxman and what you think of their synergy? Thanks
    Source: Roon Nucleus, Cisco 2960 Switch, Gigafoil, Lampizator Pacific Dac. Amp: Luxman 300q power amp, Linear Tube Audio MZ3 pre amp Speakers: AvantGarde Duo Mezzo XD, JL Audio e112 subs. Cables: Alan Maher Designs Power, Duelund Speaker and Interconnects, Audioquest Diamond ethernet. Room Treatment from Vicoustic.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

I have the MZ2 and like it but feel, for my taste, it's a little "too neutral" even with 300B type amps on my Duo XD. Even with Brimar or similar NOS tubes, I'd like a little "more". I need some warmth or a little sweetness.

I don't know about the new LTA preamp but think the house sound might carry through the same way.

I think there's a matching MQ-300 preamp coming which has me intrigued. Even my C900u was awesome and prefer it to the MZ2 oddly enough but the C900u is very special and a little more expensive though.

I don't know when the Luxman pre is coming. Mike may be able to find out.

ps. I don't like to use any dac direct to my amp, no matter which dac. I always like a preamp in the chain.
    Last edited by joeinid; March 15, 2019 at 08:12 PM.
    Joe

McIntosh MCLK12

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast