AudioQuest Niagra and Storm Power Cable Review - Page 7
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7
    Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AudioQuest Niagra and Storm Power Cable Review

All depends on the system. AQ silver seems smoooooth to my ears, unlike some silver cables.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones & Loudspeakers, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, Keces Power Supplies, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, SRA, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

2. Likes johndoe21ro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike, you are dead on. There are a lot of reasons for Silver getting a bad rap. When silver is slowly drawn and properly produced, it will be smooth, highly detailed and have a much lower noise floor. I think it may be due to the larger grain size, but am not 100% on that. It makes sense though.

Mike have you ever heard Silver Cloud vs Tornado or Hurricane? Just curious. I have Quatro's as you know, so I'll be wanting either Blizzard or possibly Thunder or Tornado most probably. I know that silver would be lose on the bass only amp. Even Richard V said as much.
    System:
    Vandersteen Quatro CT
    Ayre AX5/20
    Ayre QX5/20 (The Memory Player with built in DAC and headphone amp built in on order)
    Steve Nugent rebuilt Mac mini (2009) with Paul Hynes LPS and custom silver cable server
    AQ Niagara 1000 power device
    Audioquest Castlerock speaker cables
    Wire world optical cable into the Empirical Audio Synchro Mesh from the TV and Blueray to reclock
    Wireworld Platnium 8 ethernet cables into the EMO 70e ethernet filter into the QX5/20 from Eero mesh router
    All routers, cable box and synchro mesh powered by the Wyred4sound LPS box with separate supplies for each
    Audioquest power outlets and two dedicated power lines in the room
    ZMF Ori headphones with the Audioarts 15' Pono balanced cable for the QX5/20
    Empire Ears Phantom CIEM's
    A&K 380cu with matching cu amp (copper which is much warmer than their normal cases)
    Rhapsodio 2.98 mk2 gold plated silver cable for Phantom

4. Thanks johndoe21ro thanked for this post
    Likes johndoe21ro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

From my experience, particularly with interconnects, AQ silver is smooth, crisp, and transparent. The higher up you go in the line the more neutral they are, meaning if your system is bright it will show just that. I was actually surprised comparing the Fire interconnect cables vs. WEL, the Fires were actually on the warmer side. I can imagine you get the same with the power cables.
    -----------------------------------------
    2ch: Luxman 509X, Martin Logan Impression 11A, Lumin T2, AQ WEL, AQ Thunderbird Zero
    HT: 509X+11A L/R, McIntosh MC7106, Marantz 8805, Martin Logan Stage, AQ Fire, AQ Thunderbird Zero

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eziggy View Post
    From my experience, particularly with interconnects, AQ silver is smooth, crisp, and transparent. The higher up you go in the line the more neutral they are, meaning if your system is bright it will show just that. I was actually surprised comparing the Fire interconnect cables vs. WEL, the Fires were actually on the warmer side. I can imagine you get the same with the power cables.
    From what I hear, you are correct in that everything gets better and better the higher up you go. Neutral as heck compared to all the other cables folks have brought to the house to hear. I own the WEL balanced from The memory Player server/DAC into my Ayre AX5/20 and it was a system revelation. I was blessed to be able to get the cable (used from a friend who really helped me out). It's one reason I am hesitant to go with mono blocks (that plus space concerned, lol). The more you have invested in cable, the more difficult it is to change configuration or move the system around the room, lol..
    System:
    Vandersteen Quatro CT
    Ayre AX5/20
    Ayre QX5/20 (The Memory Player with built in DAC and headphone amp built in on order)
    Steve Nugent rebuilt Mac mini (2009) with Paul Hynes LPS and custom silver cable server
    AQ Niagara 1000 power device
    Audioquest Castlerock speaker cables
    Wire world optical cable into the Empirical Audio Synchro Mesh from the TV and Blueray to reclock
    Wireworld Platnium 8 ethernet cables into the EMO 70e ethernet filter into the QX5/20 from Eero mesh router
    All routers, cable box and synchro mesh powered by the Wyred4sound LPS box with separate supplies for each
    Audioquest power outlets and two dedicated power lines in the room
    ZMF Ori headphones with the Audioarts 15' Pono balanced cable for the QX5/20
    Empire Ears Phantom CIEM's
    A&K 380cu with matching cu amp (copper which is much warmer than their normal cases)
    Rhapsodio 2.98 mk2 gold plated silver cable for Phantom

7. Likes johndoe21ro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the WEL XLRs too and I couldn't be more happy. But I'd say that WELs are more balanced sounding than the Fires! Just my 2 cents.
    Triangle Magellan Cello II < AudioQuest Everest < Vitus Audio SS-010 Mk2 < AudioQuest NRG-1000 < AudioQuest WEL Signature XLR < exaSound e32 DAC w UpTone JS-2 LPS < SOtM tX-USBultra w UpTone UltraCap LPS1.2 < AudioQuest Diamond USB < Apple MacMini i5 w UpTone DC Conversion Kit & Squeezelite w Logitech Media Server < AudioQuest NRG-WEL < Solid Tech Hybrid Platforms < Stillpoints Ultra SS < Omicron Harmonic Stabilizer & Gold SE < Furutech FT-SWS < Synergistic Research Blue Quantum Fuse

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7