AudioQuest Niagra and Storm Power Cable Review - Page 6
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AudioQuest Niagra and Storm Power Cable Review

Quote Originally Posted by johndoe21ro View Post
    Mike, you're covering it up! This is not ok... While 'the other day' Dragon was all PSS now we find out that is partially PSS, partially PSC+. What if your BMW dealer would tell you that the brand new car you've just bought is a V8 and you reach home and discover that it's a V6.. What the hell?! Those cables cost money and AQ should inform its clients regarding the specifications of their cables! That's a serious priority!

I agree. Not a grand conspiracy caused this mess but changed cables description on AQ own website and pricebook. Few days ago i read on this forum that there is no copper in Dragons. Now it is confirmed that Dragons are hybrid cables and only audiophiles curiosity lead to this.

2. Thanks johndoe21ro thanked for this post
    Likes johndoe21ro liked this post
    Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike, you're covering it up! This is not ok... While 'the other day' Dragon was all PSS now we find out that is partially PSS, partially PSC+. What if your BMW dealer would tell you that the brand new car you've just bought is a V8 and you reach home and discover that it's a V6.. What the hell?! Those cables cost money and AQ should inform its clients regarding the specifications of their cables! That's a serious priority!
    Bullshit. I am going by the information I was given from AudioQuest after repeated questions (prompted by you guys). I don’t build the cables. Unlike ANY other dealer out there, I took this inquiry seriously and took it to the top. The answers I received was communicated here. Milimetr will confirm this as he was involved in the communications as well. The final conclusion on the question was written to Milimetr by Bill Low himself.

The fact remains however that the cable has NOT changed from day one and if I understand correctly (Milimetr can confirm), there are subtle differences even between HC Dragon and Source Dragon.

What I would like to know, is how is the copper used? Just for grounding? In the signal path? How much copper vs silver?
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones & Loudspeakers, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, Keces Power Supplies, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, SRA, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

4. Likes Kingsrule liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Mike contributed to clear the things up.
    I am glad that at the moment everything is clear.

Post Thanks / Like

AudioQuest Niagra and Storm Power Cable Review

just ordered two 3 mtr AQ Thunder HCs for the Lansches. Quite interested to hear the difference.

There’s at this point nothing I particularly would like to change in the sound. But I simply think the speakers with the active bass units and the Plasma tweeters deserve better power.

And after the great experience with the Niagara I am quite sold on Audioquest in the power department.
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: AMG V12 + AMG 12j2 arm + Benz Micro Gullwing SLR MC/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono cable/ Stillpoints LPI/ Soulution 520 preamp with phono section/ Synology NAS with Roon and HD Plex linear PSU with Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE/ AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist MK II/ Soulution 511/ WyWires Platinum ICs + power cables/ Magico S3 mk2/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ REL S5 SHO/ REL Blue/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata AlphaHC (x2)+ Alpha+Alpha Analogue+Alpha Digital/ Finite Elemente Pagode/ Stillpoints Ultra SS.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Ayre Codex/ Auralic Aries Mini/ Sbooster LPSU/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

7. Likes johndoe21ro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Double post.

Big rig: AMG V12 + AMG 12j2 arm + Benz Micro Gullwing SLR MC/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono cable/ Stillpoints LPI/ Soulution 520 preamp with phono section/ Synology NAS with Roon and HD Plex linear PSU with Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE/ AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist MK II/ Soulution 511/ WyWires Platinum ICs + power cables/ Magico S3 mk2/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ REL S5 SHO/ REL Blue/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata AlphaHC (x2)+ Alpha+Alpha Analogue+Alpha Digital/ Finite Elemente Pagode/ Stillpoints Ultra SS.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Ayre Codex/ Auralic Aries Mini/ Sbooster LPSU/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kuoppis View Post
    just ordered two 3 mtr AQ Thunder HCs for the Lansches. Quite interested to hear the difference.

There’s at this point nothing I particularly would like to change in the sound. But I simply think the speakers with the active bass units and the Plasma tweeters deserve better power.

And after the great experience with the Niagara I am quite sold on Audioquest in the power department.
    You won’t regret it. I love my Tornado’s and dream of upgrading to the Hurricanes.
    Digital: Innuos Zenith Mk3 Server + MSB Premier DAC with Powerbase
    Amp: Gryphon Pandora + Gryphon Antileon Evo Stereo
    Speakers: Magico S3 MkII
    Cables: MIT SL-Matrix 36 XLR interconnect cables + 70 speaker cables; AQ Diamond & Vodka ethernet cables
    Power: AQ Niagara 5000 + AQ Tornado power cables
    Headphones (travel): Sennheiser Momentum + Chord Mojo

10. Likes Kuoppis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just noticed you have AQ Niagra 5000. When did that happen? Thought you liked Shunyata.
    Digital: Innuos Zenith Mk3 Server + MSB Premier DAC with Powerbase
    Amp: Gryphon Pandora + Gryphon Antileon Evo Stereo
    Speakers: Magico S3 MkII
    Cables: MIT SL-Matrix 36 XLR interconnect cables + 70 speaker cables; AQ Diamond & Vodka ethernet cables
    Power: AQ Niagara 5000 + AQ Tornado power cables
    Headphones (travel): Sennheiser Momentum + Chord Mojo

12. Likes Kuoppis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I used to have all Shunyata on the power side, but switched to AQ maybe 1 1/2 years ago.

I’m very happy with the move, find them better value for money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone hear the Silver Cloud?
    Triangle Magellan Cello II < AudioQuest Everest < Vitus Audio SS-010 Mk2 < AudioQuest NRG-1000 < AudioQuest WEL Signature XLR < exaSound e32 DAC w UpTone JS-2 LPS < SOtM tX-USBultra w UpTone UltraCap LPS1.2 < AudioQuest Diamond USB < Apple MacMini i5 w UpTone DC Conversion Kit & Squeezelite w Logitech Media Server < AudioQuest NRG-WEL < Solid Tech Hybrid Platforms < Stillpoints Ultra SS < Omicron Harmonic Stabilizer & Gold SE < Furutech FT-SWS < Synergistic Research Blue Quantum Fuse

Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone hear the Silver Cloud?
    Haven't heard it, but it's confusing between the series and the pricing. I was told that the Robin Hood Silver is better than the William Tell regular. Silver is used to lower the noise floor as well as a few other things. I have wondered how the Silver Cloud sounds vs the Tornado or possibly Hurricane. I've had plenty of friends asking me about the Wind series cables.

I know the connectors on the Wind series are molded adn fit the Develiet, Linn and Vandersteen speakers as the larger connectors won't fit these devices (I"m sure there are others too).

Mike will probably know as he seems to get all the cables in and listens a lot.
    System:
    Vandersteen Quatro CT
    Ayre AX5/20
    Ayre QX5/20 (The Memory Player with built in DAC and headphone amp built in on order)
    Steve Nugent rebuilt Mac mini (2009) with Paul Hynes LPS and custom silver cable server
    AQ Niagara 1000 power device
    Audioquest Castlerock speaker cables
    Wire world optical cable into the Empirical Audio Synchro Mesh from the TV and Blueray to reclock
    Wireworld Platnium 8 ethernet cables into the EMO 70e ethernet filter into the QX5/20 from Eero mesh router
    All routers, cable box and synchro mesh powered by the Wyred4sound LPS box with separate supplies for each
    Audioquest power outlets and two dedicated power lines in the room
    ZMF Ori headphones with the Audioarts 15' Pono balanced cable for the QX5/20
    Empire Ears Phantom CIEM's
    A&K 380cu with matching cu amp (copper which is much warmer than their normal cases)
    Rhapsodio 2.98 mk2 gold plated silver cable for Phantom

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast