AudioQuest Niagra and Storm Power Cable Review - Page 6
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AudioQuest Niagra and Storm Power Cable Review

Quote Originally Posted by johndoe21ro View Post
    Mike, you're covering it up! This is not ok... While 'the other day' Dragon was all PSS now we find out that is partially PSS, partially PSC+. What if your BMW dealer would tell you that the brand new car you've just bought is a V8 and you reach home and discover that it's a V6.. What the hell?! Those cables cost money and AQ should inform its clients regarding the specifications of their cables! That's a serious priority!

I agree. Not a grand conspiracy caused this mess but changed cables description on AQ own website and pricebook. Few days ago i read on this forum that there is no copper in Dragons. Now it is confirmed that Dragons are hybrid cables and only audiophiles curiosity lead to this.

2. Thanks johndoe21ro thanked for this post
    Likes johndoe21ro liked this post
    Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by johndoe21ro View Post
    Mike, you're covering it up! This is not ok... While 'the other day' Dragon was all PSS now we find out that is partially PSS, partially PSC+. What if your BMW dealer would tell you that the brand new car you've just bought is a V8 and you reach home and discover that it's a V6.. What the hell?! Those cables cost money and AQ should inform its clients regarding the specifications of their cables! That's a serious priority!
    Bullshit. I am going by the information I was given from AudioQuest after repeated questions (prompted by you guys). I don’t build the cables. Unlike ANY other dealer out there, I took this inquiry seriously and took it to the top. The answers I received was communicated here. Milimetr will confirm this as he was involved in the communications as well. The final conclusion on the question was written to Milimetr by Bill Low himself.

The fact remains however that the cable has NOT changed from day one and if I understand correctly (Milimetr can confirm), there are subtle differences even between HC Dragon and Source Dragon.

What I would like to know, is how is the copper used? Just for grounding? In the signal path? How much copper vs silver?
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Furutech, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, Keces Power Supplies, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SRA, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

4. Likes Kingsrule liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Mike contributed to clear the things up.
    I am glad that at the moment everything is clear.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6