Pass amp's power cable - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pass amp's power cable

Quote Originally Posted by Mechnutt View Post
    Nelson Pass states in my X250 manual that aftermarket cords will not make a difference in this amp. Probably just his opinion though.
    yeah, what does he know..........just more than the majority of audiofools wondering about I suppose !
    Cheers ! …. Dave

2. Likes Rob181 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought so. thanks

I think sometimes the designers are funny about their creation, they don't want it altered. Similar to CJ saying basically not to roll tubes, they picked the ones they feel sounded and performed the best for the job. Odd that if Pass really thought that why make the cord detach.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechnutt View Post
    Nelson Pass states in my X250 manual that aftermarket cords will not make a difference in this amp. Probably just his opinion though.
    Mark Levinson #512 & 532h, Pass Labs XP10, Hegel HD30, JBL 4367's
    Coda CSX. Clearaudio Performance DC w/Maestro, AcousTech PH-1P
    All Clarus Crimson cabling, AC to binding post. Surgex
    HT: Marantz AV8003, Linn 5125, JBL SAM3ha, Revel s30,
    SVS PC13 Ultra
    Transparent & Tributaries. PS Audio filtering
    Sony XBR-75X940D & BDP

Post Thanks / Like

I lived with my new X250.5 for a year before I plugged it into my power conditioner or replaced the stock Ching-Chow cables. The stock cable was 14ga. I first experimented with power cables I had on hand. At first I did not like any of them. But once I calmed down and gave them some serious listening time, the Tice Signature power cable came out on top. Similarly the amp did better via my power conditioner. Although Pass does not recommend either they don’t forbid it either. I like that about them. They keep an open mind.
    == Joe ==

5. Likes joeinid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Running my X250.8 with a Shunyata Alpha HD.

Never even tried the inbox licorice .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: AMG V12 with Benz Micro Gullwing SLR MC/ Stillpoints LPI/ Grandinote Celio/ Aurender N100H with Curious USB/ Synology NAS with Roon with AQ Vodka RJ45/ Brinkmann Nyquist/ Ayre KX-5 Twenty/ Pass Labs X250.8/ WyWires Platinum IC + speaker + power cables/ Magico S3 mk2/ REL S5 SHO/ REL Blue/ Shunyata Triton+AlphaHC+Alpha Analogue+Alpha Digital/ Finite Elemente Pagode/ Stillpoints Ultra SS.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Ayre Codex/ Auralic Aries Mini/ Sbooster PSU/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 3PSR2/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Audirvana/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ HD Plex linear PSU/ Charleston Cable Company Cardas Custom/ Sennheiser HD800/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ AudioTekne Blue.

Post Thanks / Like

I've had the Pass XA30.5, XA60.5's and current XA100.5's.

For the 30.5 I went to a Pangea AC9SE and was happy with the results vs the stock cord. When I upgraded to the XA60.5's I used a pair of them for some time.

Next came a pair of Kubala Emotion's which I used with the XA100.5's till I got my Magico S3's. I found the Emotions were a bit too warm sounding and swapped to Elation power cords. I've tried some older Shunyata cords on the XA100.5's and preferred the Kubala Elations.

I may be upgrading to XA160.8's in the near future and will have to start the "fun" all over .
    Main System:
    Speakers: Magico S3 | Amp: Pass XA100.5 | Pre-Amp: Pass XP-20 | Digital: DCS Vivaldi 3/4 stack | Phono-Pre: ARC Ref 2se | Phono: AMG Viella w\ 12JT & Benz LPS cart.

Living Room:
    Speakers: KEF LS50 | Amp: Primaluna Prologue Premium | Head Amp: Moon 230HAD | Digital: Auralic Aries Mini

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think I have ever used the stock Pass power cable.
    Bud

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2