Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
    DSkip

Lone Star Audio Fest - May 4,5,6 2018, Dallas, TX

Hey guys!

I'm not sure how many here are familiar with this show, but its a very unique show and one that many attendees and exhibitors alike hold dear. Why is it unique? Because it is more about the people and the music than the gear. Many of the guys who come here will forego the big shows and make LSAF their one event of the year. When you do find a system you like, you can sit in front of it for hours and even play with it until the wee hours of the night with a beer in hand. This isn't really an 'audio show'. It's an 'audio-themed vacation' with guys everywhere handing you a fresh beer.

I've been an ambassador for this event for the last few years on a few forums and every year is unique. You will see high end. You will see mid-fi. You will see DIY. You will see random vendors with unique ideas. You will see unique systems that you won't find elsewhere.

I'll have several rooms set up and would invite anyone and everyone to come. There is no fee if you want to exhibit something (even as a consumer). All you have to do is pay for the suite - the same price as an attendee. Prices are a little over $100 per night.

I hope to see some of you there!

http://lonestaraudiofest.com/

Re: Lone Star Audio Fest - May 4,5,6 2018, Dallas, TX

Quote Originally Posted by DSkip View Post
    Hey guys!

I'm not sure how many here are familiar with this show, but its a very unique show and one that many attendees and exhibitors alike hold dear. Why is it unique? Because it is more about the people and the music than the gear. Many of the guys who come here will forego the big shows and make LSAF their one event of the year. When you do find a system you like, you can sit in front of it for hours and even play with it until the wee hours of the night with a beer in hand. This isn't really an 'audio show'. It's an 'audio-themed vacation' with guys everywhere handing you a fresh beer.

I've been an ambassador for this event for the last few years on a few forums and every year is unique. You will see high end. You will see mid-fi. You will see DIY. You will see random vendors with unique ideas. You will see unique systems that you won't find elsewhere.

I'll have several rooms set up and would invite anyone and everyone to come. There is no fee if you want to exhibit something (even as a consumer). All you have to do is pay for the suite - the same price as an attendee. Prices are a little over $100 per night.

I hope to see some of you there!

http://lonestaraudiofest.com/
    Love that show, still one of my favorites. Totally laid back, lots of cool equipment and the ever present craft brews!! Yummy ;-)
    Wish I could make, had to skip the last few years due to family circumstances. Maybe one day...

Show is this weekend. Unfortunately, I can't make it this year.
    Surprised we don't have more TX and surrounding region folks here on the site chiming in. Its a fun event and well worth the trip.

Hell from a fellow Texan. My wife and I are moving up to Dallas in the next few days and I’ll be looking to attend this event going-forward. That said, it’s not currently looking like I’ll be able to make it this weekend, unfortunately.

I hope the weekend is a smashing success, especially for our own DSkip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sean

Lumin T2
    Gryphon Diablo 333
    Magico A3 w/ A-Pods
    AudioQuest Hurricane HC
    Shunyata PS8 & Defender & Cabling
    HRS E1

Ok DSkip, you know the routine, pics or it didn't happen!

We were there and had a blast

Attached Images Attached Images
    Our fine product lines; Audionet, Dartzeel, Constellation Audio, Mola Mola, The Gryphon, Parasound(+Halo), Moonriver Audio, Sonner Audio, JWM Acoustics, YG Acoustic Speakers, Vivid Audio Speakers, Evolution Acoustic Speakers and cables, Graham Audio Speakers, Kef, Music Hall, Denon, JL Audio, Monitor Audio, Earthquake, LG, JVC, RPG Room Acoustic Treatments, Cinematech, Final Audio Headphones and Earphones, Kimber, Kimber Select, MIT, Analysis Plus, Pranawire, Elrod Cables, Oyaide, fo.Q, Audio Replas, Harmonic Resolution Systems(HRS), Artesania Racks, Wave Kinetics, Furutech, Acoustic Revive, Richard Gray, Sound Application and Jeff Hedback Acoustical Design Service and more…

Skips system sounded damn good too.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Our fine product lines; Audionet, Dartzeel, Constellation Audio, Mola Mola, The Gryphon, Parasound(+Halo), Moonriver Audio, Sonner Audio, JWM Acoustics, YG Acoustic Speakers, Vivid Audio Speakers, Evolution Acoustic Speakers and cables, Graham Audio Speakers, Kef, Music Hall, Denon, JL Audio, Monitor Audio, Earthquake, LG, JVC, RPG Room Acoustic Treatments, Cinematech, Final Audio Headphones and Earphones, Kimber, Kimber Select, MIT, Analysis Plus, Pranawire, Elrod Cables, Oyaide, fo.Q, Audio Replas, Harmonic Resolution Systems(HRS), Artesania Racks, Wave Kinetics, Furutech, Acoustic Revive, Richard Gray, Sound Application and Jeff Hedback Acoustical Design Service and more…

DSkip

Thanks Scott! I was happy I actually got to make it to your room this year - that's been a tough task the past couple of years. I enjoyed your system and really like the direction YG is heading down. That Gryphon amp is the real deal too. Great system!

Thanks Skip. I think it was a great time had by all.

Thanks guys. DSkip, have to admit I've never seen traps(?) placed like that! Both nice looking setups.

DSkip

I don't recall ever seeing it before either. There were also two larger ones outside of the speakers and a few feet in front. These positions seemed so have the biggest impact on both soundstage and bass absorption. I thought it looked darn cool too!

Finally some more pics!

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Lone Star Audio Fest - May 4,5,6 2018, Dallas, TX