Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

McIntosh MC611 Review

I believe this is the 1st review.

http://enjoythemusic.com/superioraud...ew_Preview.htm
    Paul

Speakers: Von Schweikert VR-5 Anniversary MK II Front L/R, LCR-35 Center, VR-1 Rear L/R Sub: JL Audio F113
    Amps: PS Audio BHK Signature 300 Mono, McIntosh MC207 Pre-Amp PS Audio BHK Signature and Gold Note PH-10 Phono Stage/PSU-10 Power Supply
    Turntable: VPI HR-X 12.7 TONEARM (2) and SDS, Stillpoints LPI
    Tape Deck Otari 5050B II2
    Music Server: Aurender N100H
    Cartridges: Ortofon Cadenza Black, Lyra Helikon Mono Digital Source: Oppo UDP-205 DAC: Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE
    SSP: Marantz AV8801 Cables: Wireworld Electra 7 (P) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7, Shunyata Delta NR (I) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 (S)
    Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 (USB)
    AC Power Regeneration: PS Audio DirectStream P15 Power Plant and Shunyata Denali 6000s V2.

Audioshark

Re: McIntosh MC611 Review

Steve is local to me. I should try and go have a listen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Super Moderator

Great review. Thank you for posting.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

I wonder if they have the same sonic signature as the MC1.25KW’s?

I know you weren’t a big fan of the upper frequencies of them Joe!
    Paul

Speakers: Von Schweikert VR-5 Anniversary MK II Front L/R, LCR-35 Center, VR-1 Rear L/R Sub: JL Audio F113
    Amps: PS Audio BHK Signature 300 Mono, McIntosh MC207 Pre-Amp PS Audio BHK Signature and Gold Note PH-10 Phono Stage/PSU-10 Power Supply
    Cartridges: Ortofon Cadenza Black, Lyra Helikon Mono Digital Source: Oppo UDP-205 DAC: Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE
    SSP: Marantz AV8801 Cables: Wireworld Electra 7 (P) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7, Shunyata Delta NR (I) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 (S)
    AC Power Regeneration: PS Audio DirectStream P15 Power Plant and Shunyata Denali 6000s V2.

Super Moderator

I wonder as well. I’d have to hear them. It would be interesting if they didn’t.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Thanks everyone for the kind comments. Pretty please note that was a quick 'review preview' as more time, and another 100-ish hours of use, has been good to the unit. So far she is sounding a small touch better than last week. The big change happened within the first three days or so (first week for sure).

Now about 11 days AFTER the preview things are subtly improving. These include more micro-dynamics, bass extension a touch tiny bit more (hard to believe because, well, OMG!!!, yet true), finer resolution of inner details, and highs a bit more open.

If there was only one thing, yup, the highs above around 7k are something i'm toying with now. It sounds like a small reduction on a very slight curve downward. Don't take this 'wrong' as extreme highs are there with glorious harmonics, yet just maybe a tiny bit sloped downward in output level (we're talking reeeeeeeeally small, yet i hear it). Of course the overall sound is smooth, clean, and.... just wow!

So.... Going to change speaker cables to something all silver from the current $15/ft copper speaker cable we're using now. Because i tend to be, ummmm, retentive, and so will eliminate all extraneous connectors (read: no spades, no bananas, etc), will see if a manufacturer will custom fabricate an all-silver set (more revealed in full review if we can get this done). If it was me, would have output tranny leadouts direct to the speakers (yeah, that type of crazy against connectors).

Overall, very impressed. Incredibly quiet both in physical operation (silent) and noise through speakers (complete lack of). Tons of output power! One thing i will say, it is the 'most fun' amplifier that's been here in years. Problem is, how does a scientist / analysis specifically quantitate fun factor?

Wife taps her foot to music more without realizing it.

Family dances in room more.

Dog barks at things in movies more often. (hmm, that's something for another time)

NOTE: The above comments are still preliminary, but just a heads up to the progress. Soon off to AXPONA.....

Thanks again guys, and as always.... enjoy the music!

Thanks for the reply Steve! Keep us posted with any changes. I’ll be watching closely as I’m thinking about upgrading from my MC452 to either the MC601 or MC611 mono’s.
    Paul

Always glad to help. Just a note as have never heard the MC601 within my system so am not sure how 'good' my data will be vis-a-vis MC601 versus MC611. For me, attractions to this amp was the usual great Mc stuff plus quad balanced and they enhanced the power supply / 2.8dB dynamic headroom.

Plus, yeah, ok, it was time to finally have a McIntosh amp in the house. (Smile, and bit of a giggle) A pair of 600W beasts solved that And yes, the wife loves loves loves them. So even if i didn't commit to them originally, there's no way they're leaving the house now that she's heard them. Happy wife, happy life.

Quote Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
    Always glad to help. Just a note as have never heard the MC601 within my system so am not sure how 'good' my data will be vis-a-vis MC601 versus MC611. For me, attractions to this amp was the usual great Mc stuff plus quad balanced and they enhanced the power supply / 2.8dB dynamic headroom.

Plus, yeah, ok, it was time to finally have a McIntosh amp in the house. (Smile, and bit of a giggle) A pair of 600W beasts solved that And yes, the wife loves loves loves them. So even if i didn't commit to them originally, there's no way they're leaving the house now that she's heard them. Happy wife, happy life.
    I am expecting next month my new towers the Focal maestro utopia evo and hesitating between the mc611 and the classe ca-m600. I will use for both home cinema (in Atmos setup) and music

Many reviews states that the classe ca-m600 beats the mc601 and I find a review on the Focal maestro paired with the classe m600 resulting in amazing performance but wondering if you have the chance to compare with the new mc611.

Cheers,
    Anas

Quote Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post

I am expecting next month my new towers the Focal maestro utopia evo and hesitating between the mc611 and the classe ca-m600. I will use for both home cinema (in Atmos setup) and music

Many reviews states that the classe ca-m600 beats the mc601 and I find a review on the Focal maestro paired with the classe m600 resulting in amazing performance but wondering if you have the chance to compare with the new mc611.

Cheers,
    Anas

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum Anas, thank you so much for joining.

NAD C 658 streamer.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

McIntosh MC611 Review