Pass XA25 - Page 7
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Pass XA25

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pass XA25

This again proves how important it is to demo gear and especially demo it in your own system.
    Joe

Avantgarde Duo XD, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M, JBL 590.

Accuphase E-650 w/ Dac, Job INTegrated, Naim Supernait 2 w/ HiCap-DR.

Conrad Johnson GAT2, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2, Misho Myronov Wooden pre, Linear Tube Audio MZ2.

First Watt SIT-1 monos, Misho Myronov Wooden amp, First Watt SIT-3, Luxman MQ-300, Job 250 Monos, Valvet E2se, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, Cary 300B SE monos, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos.

Lumin U1 mini, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, Audio Mirror Tubadour III NOS R2R Tube Dac w/ upgrades.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

2. Likes aRui, Paul, mulveling liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    This again proves how important it is to demo gear and especially demo it in your own system.
    ... or ask for a pic of the setup in the room. The reason I mention this is if it was a room of harsh reflections, it could make anything sound like shite....

4. Likes joeinid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

jeff day is in the process of writing up the XA25 for PF -- his usual prologue here with a nice historical account of nelson pass and his amps...

https://jeffsplace.positive-feedback...tive-feedback/

btw: would anyone advise against using the XA25 without a preamp in the signal chain -- ie: direct input from a DAC with preamp such as t+a dac8 dsd, etc ?
    kanjiroba yak + roon rock > t+a dac 8 dsd > almarro a318b > viking acoustics berlin r mk-ii | alp-tone audio alp.wE cables

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the link.

You can certainly use the XA25 direct. It’s a personal preference if you like what you hear or not. You will not hurt the amp but the sound will be a little sharper, cleaner and more detailed dac direct. Some prefer it that way, most don’t and want a preamp in the chain. A preamp will soften the sound a little but mainly add musicality. No right or wrong.
    Joe

Avantgarde Duo XD, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M, JBL 590.

Accuphase E-650 w/ Dac, Job INTegrated, Naim Supernait 2 w/ HiCap-DR.

Conrad Johnson GAT2, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2, Misho Myronov Wooden pre, Linear Tube Audio MZ2.

First Watt SIT-1 monos, Misho Myronov Wooden amp, First Watt SIT-3, Luxman MQ-300, Job 250 Monos, Valvet E2se, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, Cary 300B SE monos, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos.

Lumin U1 mini, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, Audio Mirror Tubadour III NOS R2R Tube Dac w/ upgrades.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

7. Thanks aKnyght thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Exactly we both owned the amp with several others .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Paul

Post Thanks / Like

I have placed order on the NAD M22 V2. I want to ask if anyone has problem with the XA25 so far? 'Cause I'm going to place order on the XA25 soon. The only thing make me hesitate is my friend who was the technician told me that he fixed 2 XA25s for his customers and they got the same problem.
    EDIT: I HAVE PULLED THE TRIGGER AND PLACED ORDER ON THE XA25

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7