Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
    Audioshark

Site Changes/Fixes

Thanks for everyone's patience while we continue to make some changes and fixes (and hopefully improvements!) to the site.

The brakes aren't working and we are full steam ahead, with nothing but open road in front of us!

Thank you everyone!!

Mike
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Thanks for everyone's patience while we continue to make some changes and fixes (and hopefully improvements!) to the site.

The brakes aren't working and we are full steam ahead, with nothing but open road in front of us!

Thank you everyone!!

Mike
    johnforcecar.jpg
    Dealer / Manufacture Disclosure:

Jeff Whitlock
    A/V Solutions / Unity Audio Design
    www.avsolutionsca.com

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Mike
    That open road is long, with no end in sight.
    Bob

Heroes don't wear capes, they wear dogtags.

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
    Hi Mike,

Just a very simple/small thing that I remarked recently: When you are in any forum's section, it shows all the threads from that section, and each thread has a number of Replies, and Views.
    1. When you click on that number of Replies, it opens a new screen.
    2. In that 'new screen' (top left corner), it shows Who Posted? (at the left), and also Total Posts (at the right) from each member (for that particular thread).
    3. But! ...You have to expand that 'new screen' horizontally in order to see Total Posts by each of them members (at extreme right).
    4. And then it's a long way from Who Posted? (member's names at left) to their Total Posts count (at the right).

This new screen, normally, should be smaller, and contain both Who Posted? and Total Posts.
    You don't usually have to expand that screen; the space in the center is too wide and wasted.

The trick: reduce that unused widening center space.
    How? I just don't know; ask your site programmer expert.

Like I said; it is of minimal importance for 99% of us. ...And it still does give you the info.
    But it could be improved, that's all.
    * It's a feature that myself I use quite often, as it gives you a quick glimpse on each member's activity in each particular thread of all the forum's section.
    It's like an audio graph, a set of measurements on the real performance of the frequency response from each loudspeaker.
    ...But still just a graph, the real substance is in the listening (reading).
    Last edited by NorthStar; April 10, 2013 at 04:22 PM.
    ~ Bob ~
    "And it Stoned me to my Soul" Van Morrison
    ClickAudiophile Audition
    Snoopy as the Red Baron attack
    Avatar = The Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky (1982 - orbiting)

About ten/fifteen minutes ago or so I encountered my very first small issue; no more access to AudioShark.

But it lasted only few minutes; things are fine now.

* Just reporting the facts.
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

Audioshark
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthStar View Post
    About ten/fifteen minutes ago or so I encountered my very first small issue; no more access to AudioShark.

But it lasted only few minutes; things are fine now.

* Just reporting the facts.
    Yes. We are working on the site. Sorry for the disruption.

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

I already figured that one out Mike.
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

No more member's list Mike? ...This is something I always make good use of myself.
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

Just a simple remark: When you click on [Quick Links], the new small screen appearing is partially obstructed by the advertisement.

That's all.
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

Audioshark
    I've passed this on and will bring back the member list for members.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I've passed this on and will bring back the member list for members.
    Cool, I appreciate that Mike, and I'm sure others do too.
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

I cant seem to go to page 2 in the introductions section, it links to mission statement.

Audioshark
    Quote Originally Posted by AudioSalon View Post
    I cant seem to go to page 2 in the introductions section, it links to mission statement.
    Thanks. Working on it. And there shouldn't be ads in the middle of posts. Looks like another day of bug fixes!

Mike... It keeps getting better every day!!!
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

Jeff

AMP: McIntosh MC402 PRE: McIntosh C2300 Digital: Gold Note DS-10 & PSU-10 EVO TURNTABLE: Dr. Feickert Blackbird PHONO STAGE: Gold Note PH-10 & PSU-10 SPEAKERS: Aerial Acoustics Model 8B’s

“The more you tighten your grip Tarkin the more star systems will slip through your fingers”

Audioshark
    Thanks Jeff! Lots more coming. We are knee deep into the mobile apps right now. I've been working on the description for the app for the Apple App Store all morning. Here's what I've come up with:

Welcome to THE High-End Audio Forum!

We have passionate Audiophiles from all over the world participating in discussions and sharing their vast knowledge.

The AudioShark community is a friendly environment for everybody from novices to well-learned experts who enjoy the hobby of being an Audiophile.

Ask your questions and discuss any kind of Audio & Video electronics, from Amps to Speakers, Headphones to Cables, Digital Audio to Racks, Power Conditioners to Turntables, and everything in between, from every manufacturer out there.

Browse our exciting Marketplace and find great buys on used gear, ways to save when buying new gear, as well as speak with the dealers directly for suggestions on your gear buying needs!

AudioShark is run by Audiophiles for Audiophiles. We're what you've been looking for, so come by and join!

Download our App today and access the forums anywhere you go, quickly and easily!

AudioShark.org
    The Friendliest Audio Forum

Mike... Sounds Good!!!
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

Jeff

AMP: McIntosh MC402 PRE: McIntosh C2300 Digital: Gold Note DS-10 & PSU-10 EVO TURNTABLE: Dr. Feickert Blackbird PHONO STAGE: Gold Note PH-10 & PSU-10 SPEAKERS: Aerial Acoustics Model 8B’s

“The more you tighten your grip Tarkin the more star systems will slip through your fingers”

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite613 View Post
    Mike... It keeps getting better every day!!!
    +1 and members are growing!
    working progress

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite613 View Post
    Mike... Sounds Good!!!
    +1
    Josh.

Cary 308T cd player, Squeezbox Touch, Sonus Faber Cremona M, REL T3 subwoofer, Conrad Johnson ET3SE preamp, Conrad Johnson Clayssic 60 SE, Fosgate Signature Phono Stage, VPI Scoutmaster II + Ortofon Cadenza Blue cartridge, PS AUDIO Dectet Power Center, VPI 16.5.

"I'll play it and tell you what it is later".
    Miles Davis

Quote Originally Posted by NorthStar View Post
    Just a simple remark: When you click on [Quick Links], the new small screen appearing is partially obstructed by the advertisement.

That's all.
    This one is now fixed, great!
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

Curious: What's the trick to enlarge the size of the regular viewing posts?
    ...You know, to extend it like it was before (full screen width), to the right of where now resides Sponsors and Newest Posts section, at the top, but blank below, all the way down (space is unused).
    Last edited by NorthStar; April 23, 2013 at 04:00 PM.
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

Re: Site Changes/Fixes

Mike, thank you to have brought back the Member List. Right on!
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Site Changes/Fixes