Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Thread: Purepower

Purepower

Is Purepower still legit? I've read so many posts from dissatisfied customers on various forums.

They seem to be the only company that makes audiophile AC-DC-AC regenerator. The fact that it uses battery to generate AC solves many issues. For example, DC offset can be completely corrected solving transformer hum problem (if the hum is due to DC). Battery can supply more juice than is available from the wall eliminating dynamic compression.

Super Moderator

Re: Purepower

I had a PP2000 and did not like it as time went on. It did give me peace of mind during brown outs but it didn’t seem to correct my dc problem nor did it quiet any line noise. I had a device turned the ac line noise audible so you knew if it was there or not. The PP2000 was nowhere near quiet, certainly not what I was even led to believe. I eventually got rid of it.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

I had the PP+ 3000. At the time I really liked it as where I was living had some ridiculously dirty power. Later after trying different conditioners etc I came to the conclusion that perhaps the ceiling of my sound as in peak power supply may have been compromised. I do know the new stuff they are coming out with now comes with claims that previous shortfalls are well & truly a thing of the past. Huh??? If you are lucky enough to bend the ear of an intelligent builder of amps etc & ask them about battery power, they will tell you it does in fact bring to the party it's "own" problems as a power supply. Who's right. I don't know! What I do know is I've been there & have no desire to hurry back anytime soon now that I've moved on.....

Interesting. I've been searching for the right power products for years. All have their advantages and disadvantages. In theory, well designed power supplies in amps should more than do the job well. I'm hesitant to plug in my Swiss amps into some substandard power conditioners/regenerators/distributor. But all the reference systems I see online uses some kind of power products.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyC View Post
    Is Purepower still legit? I've read so many posts from dissatisfied customers on various forums.

They seem to be the only company that makes audiophile AC-DC-AC regenerator. The fact that it uses battery to generate AC solves many issues. For example, DC offset can be completely corrected solving transformer hum problem (if the hum is due to DC). Battery can supply more juice than is available from the wall eliminating dynamic compression.
    I was a prior PP2000 owner and tried the 3000+ and 2000+. The 2000 was a fine unit but over time the batteries lost their resilence. My reactions to the topic and the saga of my interactions with the owner and his son from that point on are published elsewhere on the 'gon'.

I would not personally go back ever to using their products and am not alone in my experiences or opinion....'nough said.
    Legacy Audio Valor+Wavelet v2, Esoteric S-02 Amps HDPlex 300W, RevAudio Labs DC Umbilical, Esoteric Grandioso P1, P1PSU & dual D1 DACs, Cybershaft Prem Ltd OP21A 10 MHz Clock, Esoteric C-02X, Shunyata Everest 8000 & Altaira SG-NR hubs, Sigma SGC/CGC ground cables, VTX-Ag ground tails, AfterBurner8 duplexes, CSP Inc Q4B, S2B IEC plates, Shunyata Omega CLOCK-50 cables, Tubulus Concentus HDMI, Elrod Master Series Diamond SE & Masters Series Gold Power cords and Statement Gold XLRs, Diamond XLRs & Master Series Diamond XLRs, Shunyata OMEGA QR-s power cable, Anaconda Z-tron XLR, Elrod Statement Gold speaker cables, Adona Zero GX3, GX2, GX racks, Composite Audio CF-2010, Townshend Audio Podiums, HRS DPX Damping Plates, Stillpoints Ultra SS w/Ultra Bases, pArtScience 64-well, 2D QRD 3-inch SpaceArray Diffusors

Travel/Rip: Apple MacBook Pro 16” 2023 M2 Max, 12-core CPU, 38-core GPU, 32 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD for Audirvana+ v3, iTunes, REW Audio Analyzer, dbPowerAmp, DVD Audio Extractor

I had a PP 1500 and had no problems. But after 3 years I traded it in for Ansuz MainzD8. The PP worked great during brown outs a power failures. One time I had a power failure during the day and didn't know it until the batteries ran out LOL. I will say working with the owner was a joke. Lots of delays and promises. They eventually came through but based on my e-mails with the owner I wouldn't do business with them again. That said I bought mine direct since I had no dealer for hundreds of miles. If I had a local dealer and Didn't have to work with the owner I most likely would have upgraded to the PP 2000+.
    George

Aavik U300 - Borresen 03 with optional Supreme D-TC feet - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz Supreme D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

Joe mine was very quiet. The only noise was from the internal fans and you had to 'squint' to hear it. The Octave V110 I had at the time was also dead quiet.
    George

Aavik U300 - Borresen 03 with optional Supreme D-TC feet - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz Supreme D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

Super Moderator

I'm sorry, I meant electrical noise through the outlets. It was supposed to be quiet electrically but was anything but electrically quiet. The fans were dead silent though.

Quote Originally Posted by octadyndude View Post
    Joe mine was very quiet. The only noise was from the internal fans and you had to 'squint' to hear it. The Octave V110 I had at the time was also dead quiet.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Joe you should check ot the Ansuz Mainz D-TC. Far from inexpensive but a game changer for dropping the noise floor. Dynamics like I've never heard.
    George

Super Moderator

I definitely think I need to experiment with another power conditioner but I do love my Burmester 948.

Quote Originally Posted by octadyndude View Post
    Joe you should check ot the Ansuz Mainz D-TC. Far from inexpensive but a game changer for dropping the noise floor. Dynamics like I've never heard.

NAD C 658 streamer.

I have owned the PurePower 2000 for years with absolutely no issues. I use infrared controlled dimming in the studio and had some noise issues until I installed the PurePower 2000. Since then my sound system is dead silent at any volume level. I power the entire studio two-channel system with the PurePower 2000 and find no issues with dynamic compression or any other unsavory issues. The battery back-up feature is fantastic for keeping the system energized during momentary power glitches, a common occurrence on my rural power grid. The battery back-up was never intended to operate a sound system in place of utility, only to keep electronics energized during power outages of short duration, particularly short interruptions. Otherwise, if an outage is lengthy, the battery back-up allows an owner to efficiently shut down the sound system rather than have the utility power abruptly dropped, then surged back on. Most important to me is to keep my Aurender N10, and other music servers I have owned, energized so that I do not have files corrupted with unintended power losses.

Beyond the peace of mind that back-up power offers me, the PurePower 2000 AC Regenerator does an excellent job of delivering clean AC to my sound system. I have directly compared the PurePower 2000 with a PS Audio Power Plant Premier using many different McIntosh amplifiers (MC275 MC352, MC452, MC601, and MC2301) in my studio system. In the case of the MC452 and MC601's in the system I felt the dynamic range was hindered slightly with the Power Plant Premier, where no such dynamic restrictions were present with the PurePower 2000. I feed it directly from a 20 amp dedicated outlet, so there is sufficient available voltage and current. The PurePower 2000 outperformed the PS Audio Power Plant Premier with the two high power McIntosh power amplifiers.

I have read the testimonies from people who had issues dealing with the principles of the company. It is a shame that the various incidents transpired in such an unsatisfactory manner. I had one email exchange with Damian Janzen to verify that my PurePower 2000 was authentic and not one of the counterfeit ones from Taiwan. His response was timely and reassured me that my unit was manufactured in their Canadian factory.

I have two other friends who own and power their sound systems with a PurePower 2000 AC Regenerator/Back-Up. We are all happy to own and use this power conditioner. Two of us recently installed fresh batteries in our power conditioners and the results brought the PurePower 2000 back to like new status. I have no plans to part with mine.

Dan

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital coax,
    Sonos Connect, Stillpoints Ultra SS & Ultra Mini, PurePower 2000, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario

LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205 Signal Sleuth, Sonos Connect, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable,
    Sony DAT 60ES, Nakamichi BX-300, Micro Seiki DD40 w/m505A tonearm, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Stillpoints Ultra Mini, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113

VINTAGE - McIntosh 4300V, McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, JBL 4312A

I have the PurePower 2000 in my main system with everything but the amplifiers plugged into it. We have quite a few power interruptions in Florida and this has been flawless for almost 8 years. The system sounds better with the PurePower than without it.

I have the PurePower 1500 in my Den System with everything plugged into it. The difference here is remarkable, which I partially attribute to the den not having a dedicated line. I could not believe the overall improvement when I first put it into the system.

The entire Janzen family are a pleasure to deal with and help you every step of the way.
    HK
    Magico S5 MK II's, McIntosh MC 1.25KW's, McIntosh C12000 Solid and Tube Pre , MSB Discrete Dac, Aurender N20, Moon 260D CD Transport, SVS subs(2) SB 1000 Pros, MIT Magnum M1.3 Speaker Cable, Silenzio Music Server, Shunyata Everest, Shunyata Power Cords

Den System: Sonus Faber Maxima Amator, Luxman 509X Integrated Amp, MSB Discrete Dac, Aurender N10, SVS subs(2) SB 1000 Pros, Audio Lab CD transport, Silenzio Music Server, , PurePower 1500.

Theater System: Dynaudio Elite for L&R, Dyn Contour for Center, SCX, Paradigm in-ceiling(2), SVS Subs(2) SB 1000 Pros, Marantz AV8801 Processor, Parasound A31 Amp, Marantz Amp, LG 65""

I as owner of two PP2000+ units, I concur with Dan and HK above--I've used one exclusively for 8 years without a single hiccup--it has performed to spec throughout that time. My conversations with the Janzens

has always been cordial and extremely helpful--I sense they have overcome the problems that the company faced with the Split /etc--and are forging ahead like "gangbusters".

The product and Company gets my full Recommendation-- it does the job it was bought to do with aplomb.

Bruce
    Last edited by Bruce; April 3, 2018 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Spellcheck!

They have recently released the PurePower Gold regenerators.

Super Moderator

Do you have a website link?

NAD C 658 streamer.

The official website hasn't been updated yet. Purepower said they will update it once production reaches full strength. But you can find some information online.

https://www.eliteaudiouk.com/single-...dard-PurePower

A brochure is in the link.

Im going to edit this post until my situation has played out..
    fingers crossed..

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum Pura, thank you for joining.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Thanks Joe,
    You have some amazing equipment in your system..
    Im sure your in musical bliss

Super Moderator

Thank you. I am extremely happy and very lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Pura View Post
    Thanks Joe,
    You have some amazing equipment in your system..
    I'm sure your in musical bliss

NAD C 658 streamer.

So I have a PurePower Gold 3000 coming to me and should be here next week.
    I have some terrible power and am really looking forward to what the unit can do.
    Ill keep you all posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Pura View Post
    So I have a PurePower Gold 3000 coming to me and should be here next week.
    I have some terrible power and am really looking forward to what the unit can do.
    Ill keep you all posted.

Hi Pura,

Any update on the PPG 3000?

Thanks!
    Paul

Speakers: Von Schweikert VR-5 Anniversary MK II Front L/R, LCR-35 Center, VR-1 Rear L/R Sub: JL Audio F113
    Amps: PS Audio BHK Signature 300 Mono, McIntosh MC207 Pre-Amp PS Audio BHK Signature and Gold Note PH-10 Phono Stage/PSU-10 Power Supply
    Turntable: VPI HR-X 12.7 TONEARM (2) and SDS, Stillpoints LPI
    Tape Deck Otari 5050B II2
    Music Server: Aurender N100H
    Cartridges: Ortofon Cadenza Black, Lyra Helikon Mono Digital Source: Oppo UDP-205 DAC: Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE
    SSP: Marantz AV8801 Cables: Wireworld Electra 7 (P) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7, Shunyata Delta NR (I) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 (S)
    Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 (USB)
    AC Power Regeneration: PS Audio DirectStream P15 Power Plant and Shunyata Denali 6000s V2.

Quote Originally Posted by Audiophilehi View Post
    Hi Pura,

Any update on the PPG 3000?

Thanks!
    He sold it!!

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Purepower