Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Gryphon Diablo 300, should I pull the trigger

Hey everyone! Could use some input on another question. I'm considering the Diablo 300 and don't have a chance to demo before buying. Want to pair it with Harbeth 40.2 Anniversary speakers. Are there any other recommendations for integrated amp options for those speakers. I haven't owned any Gryphon equipment yet but the name pretty much speaks for itself.

Re: Gryphon Diablo 300, should I pull the trigger

I really enjoy mine. Very musical.

But I've never heard it with Harbeth speakers.
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Naim ND555/2PS, Naim 552, Naim 500, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Magico M2s, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Lumina IC/SC, Shunyata Everest and Omega PCs.

Workshop: Naim ND555/2 PS, VAC Master Pre, VAC Sig 200iQ, Border Patrol pre/power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Typhon QR/Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

Oh Mike...
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 air bearing table, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, HiFi Rose 150B DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, Parasound JC5 amp , JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Reviewer for Positive Feedback

Super Moderator

I believe it will be a wonderful combination. But that’s me
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Audioshark

I have paired the Harbeth’s with the Diablo 300 and it was a superb pairing. The Harbeth’s love the Diablo 300’s Power and control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Never heard Harbeths and I think my Magicos pair well with the Diablo 300, so i am biased/commenting on the synergy of my particular system. All I can say is that the Diablo and the Magicos (enhanced by the rest of my system) ‘make’ me listen to my music and give me extreme pleasure until I get to a point (many hours later) where I have to dig into the depths of my will-power and choose sleep, but that end point is always a very tough negotiation and it turns on the need to be functional the next day to do my day job.
    Digital: Innuos Zenith Mk3 Server + MSB Premier DAC with Powerbase
    Amp: Gryphon Pandora + Gryphon Antileon Evo Stereo
    Speakers: Magico S3 MkII
    Cables: MIT SL-Matrix 36 XLR interconnect cables + 70 speaker cables; AQ Diamond & Vodka ethernet cables
    Power: AQ Niagara 5000 + AQ Tornado power cables
    Headphones (travel): Sennheiser Momentum + Chord Mojo

Tend to agree that Harbeths are typically a relatively easy load, but also love power.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

why can't you demo the pairing living in NY?

I certainly wouldn't buy a system unheard, but that's me. I'd rather go to Axpona, LAAS, or RMAF and start that way.
    Brinkmann Bardo w/ EMT HSD-006 cart, MSB Reference DAC --> Linear Tube Audio MicroZOTL --> Ampzilla 2000, 2nd Edition --> Fyne Audio F1-12

Morgan, the Gryphon web site now shows a New York dealer.

I just order my diablo 300 without dac/module, i want to know it will be a good match with wilson audio sabrina?i have denafrips terminator top of the line dac in denafrips im not sure it will be better than diablo dac module?and im using aurender n10 player

Im using audioquest hurricane power cord it will be good with the300?

I hope i can git some answers or somebody allready try somthing i have it will be great to know !!

Last thing if somthing will be better than wilson sabrina (with diablo 300)wich speaker is that and how big will the differance??!! ...thanks..

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum!
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

I'm not an owner, I've heard Wilson's quite a bit with D'agostino, Doshi and Audio Research. Only one Audition of the Diablo. My opinion the Wilson and Diablo would be a good match. The only thing I've never heard your brand of DAC which could have a big influence on your overall result.

When asking what speakers are better than what, keep in mind we all have our own taste. My best advice would be to drop the Diablo in your system and enjoy it for a good period of time, then ask yourself if there is anything you'd personally change.

I hesitate to even guess on the power cord, the cords really depend on your area's power and other things using the power in your home. I'd expect the AQ to do a good job.

I'd really love to hear a Diablo driving my JBL.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbeird View Post
    I just order my diablo 300 without dac/module, i want to know it will be a good match with wilson audio sabrina?i have denafrips terminator top of the line dac in denafrips im not sure it will be better than diablo dac module?and im using aurender n10 player

Im using audioquest hurricane power cord it will be good with the300?

I hope i can git some answers or somebody allready try somthing i have it will be great to know !!

Last thing if somthing will be better than wilson sabrina (with diablo 300)wich speaker is that and how big will the differance??!! ...thanks..
    Aurender ACS10 w/Audioquest Diamond USB, Esoteric N05xd
    Mark Levinson #526, 534 & JBL 4367's
    Clearaudio Performance DC w/Maestro cart
    Clarus Concerto & their Crimson cables

HT: Marantz AV8003, Linn 5125, JBL SAM3ha, Revel s30,
    SVS PC13 Ultra
    Transparent, Analysis Plus & Tributaries. PS Audio filtering
    Sony XBR-75X940D & BDP
    Parasound P6, MBL 8006b, Artisan speakers/subwoofer

Thanks for that disscation i think it will be a good match too, but i didnt saw any one talk about wilson with gryphon and i did found any one write about that 2 combos.

But about AQ power cord hurricane its somthing from the sky the best thing i put on my system ever i have vitus ri_100 recently it was a magical match with wilson and that power cord.

So now after buying diablo 300 i feel i will be in heaven soon..lool.^__^

Justcurious what made you switch from Vitus?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbeird View Post
    Thanks for that disscation i think it will be a good match too, but i didnt saw any one talk about wilson with gryphon and i did found any one write about that 2 combos.

But about AQ power cord hurricane its somthing from the sky the best thing i put on my system ever i have vitus ri_100 recently it was a magical match with wilson and that power cord.

So now after buying diablo 300 i feel i will be in heaven soon..lool.^__^
    Aurender ACS10 w/Audioquest Diamond USB, Esoteric N05xd
    Mark Levinson #526, 534 & JBL 4367's
    Clearaudio Performance DC w/Maestro cart
    Clarus Concerto & their Crimson cables

HT: Marantz AV8003, Linn 5125, JBL SAM3ha, Revel s30,
    SVS PC13 Ultra
    Transparent, Analysis Plus & Tributaries. PS Audio filtering
    Sony XBR-75X940D & BDP
    Parasound P6, MBL 8006b, Artisan speakers/subwoofer

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody View Post
    Justcurious what made you switch from Vitus?
    What made me switch from vitus one of my friend boght the diablo 300 and once he bring it first days it was a decint sound and i thougth my vitus is better but after 200 houers that beast show us what that small devil capable to do it is insaine really crezy damen powerfull amp!! Its far away better than vitus ri_100 u cannot even compare it is in a differant leage.

that what made me buy diablo 300 and imagin its still not break inn properly just 200 hours..

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Gryphon Diablo 300, should I pull the trigger