Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Tom's Colorado System

I've been visiting here pretty infrequently but plan to change that. So to start, here is some info on my current system.

In 2016 we moved from Minnesota to Colorado as part of a major lifestyle change. We moved into a smaller home, so I consolidated separate 2 channel and HT systems into a single system that works great for both.

In the process I sold three MC 601's, bought anther two MC 2301's, sold a C500, bought a C1100, and bought an Amati Homage VOX center channel speaker, and sold an MC 2301. <whew!>

This is what it looks like in 'Theater Mode' ready to watch a movie. Here, the MX 151 runs the show, putting the C1100 in passthru mode.

For two channel listening, the C1100 is the star of the show. Pure analog tube magic from input to output. The MX 151 is out of the picture, the center channel MC 2301 and MC 602 surround amp remain off.

Most of the gear is housed in a Salamander Synergy cabinet that lives to the right of the screen. You can see the mighty Gotham F213V1 next to the equipment cabinet. Tucks in there quite nicely.

Here is a closer look at some of the gear. The turntable is a Nottingham Analogue Dais with a Sumiko Palo Santos Presentation cartridge. The Benchmark DAC3 HGC is setup to handle digital sources, and the MCD 1100 is my trusty disc spinner for SACD's. The Surface Pro 3 runs JRiver and Tidal.

The MX 151, OppO BDP 95, Dish Joey, Roku, and miscellaneous hubs are all just to the left. They have a separate filtered power feed to isolate them from the rest of the system.

Finally, here is a wide angle shot showing the projector, surrounds, and the Ekornes chairs. The room sounds pretty good - the only parallel surfaces are the floor and ceiling. The house is shaped like the prow of a ship, with a 45 degree angle at the front. When we have guests, we can easily reconfigure the room, moving the sofa and occasional tables around and adding wooden folding chairs for more seating. This way, we can seat 6-8 people comfortably.

I took this pic before I had the Gotham, so that's my old DIY sub where the Gotham lives today. I'd love to ditch the post, but the structural engineer said NO! Something about holding up the rest of the house.

Finally, for personal listing in the early mornings and late evenings, I use the C1100 to drive some Audeze headphones.

The whole system is controlled by a Logitech Harmony Elite / Hub which runs all the Lutron Caseta lights and Hunter Douglas motorized blinds in addition to the equipment. Custom Mogami XLR cables and control cables for the MC 2301 amps are routed in a wiring raceway under the floor, as are the HDMI cables and control cables for the Projector.

The room is a work in progress - I'll be adding acoustic and visual treatments around the screen area to limit light and sound reflecting off the ceiling and back wall. Lots of other opportunities to tweak the system!

Thanks for reading!!

Tom
    Tom

Audio:
    Amati Futura Mains
    Amati Homage VOX Center,
    Proac Response 1sc Rears,
    Three MC2301's for L,C,R
    MC 602 for the rears
    C 1100, MX 151, MCD 1100, MR 77
    Nottingham Dais with Sumiko Palo Santos Presentation
    SurfacePro 3, JRiver, WW Starlight Platinum USB, Schiit Yggdrasil, Benchmark DAC3 HGC

Video:
    MX 151, OppO BDP-95, JVC RS-500 DILA projector, 106" diagonal Stewart Luxus Screenwall Deluxe with Studiotek 130 G3 material.

Lake House:
    Ohm F, MC 275V, C2300, MR 80, Rega P3

OnDeck:
    McIntosh MAC 4300v

DSkip

Re: Tom's Colorado System

Nice space Tom! It looks like a very relaxing room to listen in.

Tom.......You have created a wonderful home theater and two channel system. I can imagine there are many hours of pleasurable listening and movie watching going on there. Thanks for letting us peek in.
    Dan

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital coax,
    Sonos Connect, Stillpoints Ultra SS & Ultra Mini, PurePower 2000, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario

LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205 Signal Sleuth, Sonos Connect, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable,
    Sony DAT 60ES, Nakamichi BX-300, Micro Seiki DD40 w/m505A tonearm, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Stillpoints Ultra Mini, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113

VINTAGE - McIntosh 4300V, McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, JBL 4312A

Audioshark

Beautiful setup! 2301’s = YES YES YES!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Skip, Dan;
    This has turned out to be our most comfortable theater / listening room. Kelly and I spend a lot kid time watching movies and I spend a lot of time listening. It’s been a lot of fun.

Mike,
    I’m loving the MC 2301’s. The C 1100 isn’t half bad either!
    Tom

Audio:
    Amati Futura Mains
    Amati Homage VOX Center,
    Three MC2301's for L,C,R
    MC 602 for the rears
    SurfacePro 3, JRiver, WW Starlight Platinum USB, Schiit Yggdrasil, Benchmark DAC3 HGC

Video:
    MX 151, OppO BDP-95, JVC RS-500 DILA projector, 106" diagonal Stewart Luxus Screenwall Deluxe with Studiotek 130 G3 material.

Lake House:

OnDeck:
    McIntosh MAC 4300v

Super Moderator

Tom,

Oh my. Damn, what an awesome setup. I absolutely love that space. And gear!!!
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

That is so tight!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Amplification: DartZeel 468 (2) // DartZeel NHB18NS Mk. II
    Tuner: MagnumDynalab 108T/SE
    Table/Cart: J.Sikora Reference // Integrity HiFi Tru-Glider - DSAudio GrandMaster EX // Integrity HiFI Tru-Glider - Ortofon A Mono
    Equalizer/Phono Pre: DSAudio Master3
    Speakers: TAD R-1 MkII, REL Six Pack of REL Carbon Specials
    Power: Nordost QBase8 Mk3, QX4, Qkore1, 3 and 6 (chassis), QK1 (2), QV2 (2), Chord GroundAray (signal), Chord Line Aray (3), Chord Professional, AddPOWR EAU2 (2)
    DAC/Serv-stream: LampiZator Horizon/ Taiko Extreme
    Elrod Master Statement Diamond SE Speaker Cables
    Elrod Master Statement Diamond PCs (7), Evolution Acoustics 50 ohm (Zeel Connection), Nordost Odin2 IC (2), Nordost Valhalla II USB, CH Acoustic X20 IC, Final Touch Audio Elara PCs (6)
    AudioDesk Systeme RCM
    CMS Ultra 2.0 Footers TT (2) and TD (2), Revopods (2) and SortKones and EVPs where they work
    Critical Mass Systems Ultra-Q Rack > Silence Focus Amp Stands

Sweet setup!
    Sean

Lumin T2
    Gryphon Diablo 333
    Magico A3 w/ A-Pods
    AudioQuest Hurricane HC
    Shunyata PS8 & Defender & Cabling
    HRS E1

Awesome setup!

Joe, HoundDog, Sean, RDS,
    Morning gents, Thanks for your kind words!
    I'm glad you enjoyed viewing my system.
    Tom

Audio:
    Amati Futura Mains
    Amati Homage VOX Center,
    Three MC2301's for L,C,R
    MC 602 for the rears

Video:

Lake House:

OnDeck:
    McIntosh MAC 4300v

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Tom's Colorado System