Conrad-Johnson GAT Series 2 Preamplifier with D'Agostino M400? - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Conrad-Johnson GAT Series 2 Preamplifier with D'Agostino M400?

Thank you Jerome. I have one of those Jensen transformers but it’s the wrong configuration for me now. It did not seem to have any effect on the sound. I am not ready to do anything right now but thinking ahead. The more I listen to my system right now, the more I realize that it’s the best I’ve had.
    Joe

Avantgarde Duo XD, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M, JBL 590.

Job INTegrated, Naim Supernait 2 w/ HiCap-DR.

Conrad Johnson GAT2, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2, Misho Myronov Wooden pre, Linear Tube Audio MZ2.

Misho Myronov Wooden amp, First Watt SIT-3 (X2), Luxman MQ-300, Job 250 Monos, Valvet E2se, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos.

Lumin U1 mini, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, Audio Mirror Tubadour III NOS R2R Tube Dac w/ upgrades.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

2. Likes Alpinist liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Thank you Jerome. I have one of those Jensen transformers but it’s the wrong configuration for me now. It did not seem to have any effect on the sound. I am not ready to do anything right now but thinking ahead. The more I listen to my system right now, the more I realize that it’s the best I’ve had.
    Joe, You can use the balanced cables into the amps and use the se adaptors at the pre amp side.

Compare the GAT2 with some of the balanced pre amps and hear for yourself which one sounds most musically enjoyable .
    Source: TW Raven AC-3 - Thales Simplicity II, Graham Phantom, SME 3012-R, Exclusive P3,Technics SL-1000MK3D,Linn LP12 - Naim ARO
    Cartridges: Lyra Atlas SL Etna SL, Delos, Dynavector XV-1s,Technics EPC100mk4, Ortofon A90, GM Royal, GM Classic, Denon ESC'd 103R, DL-S1, Audio Technica AT25, OC9II, Linn ESC'd Troika
    Phono Stage: TW Acustik phono, Accuphase C-37
    EQ: ​DEQX HDP-4
    Preamp: conrad johnson GAT,
    Amps: conrad johnson teflon premier 8a's, D'Agostino Momentum S250
    Speakers: Wilson Maxx3

4. Thanks joeinid thanked for this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m sure the GAT2 is stellar. I may end up with it someday. Maybe throw in an ART 150 for fun
    Joe

Avantgarde Duo XD, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M, JBL 590.

Job INTegrated, Naim Supernait 2 w/ HiCap-DR.

Conrad Johnson GAT2, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2, Misho Myronov Wooden pre, Linear Tube Audio MZ2.

Misho Myronov Wooden amp, First Watt SIT-3 (X2), Luxman MQ-300, Job 250 Monos, Valvet E2se, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos.

Lumin U1 mini, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, Audio Mirror Tubadour III NOS R2R Tube Dac w/ upgrades.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2