Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Magico M6 Review

I’ve heard a lot of people sayMagico M6 is the best speaker ever made, and obviously, that is some high praise! However, at upwards of $170,000 this is going to be quite the investment. So I would like to find out what the experts think of this speaker before I even consider looking into it. Worth it or not?

Super Moderator

Re: Magico M6 Review

Welcome to the forum, thank you for joining.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Super Moderator

What do you have now, system-wise and have you heard any Magico?
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeb-loves-hifi View Post
    I’ve heard a lot of people sayMagico M6 is the best speaker ever made, and obviously, that is some high praise! However, at upwards of $170,000 this is going to be quite the investment. So I would like to find out what the experts think of this speaker before I even consider looking into it. Worth it or not?
    Hi Jeb,

Welcome to AudioShark! Most of us have not had the opportunity to hear the M6’s yet. I would say your best course of action would be to go to Magico headquarters in Hayward, CA and listen to them in an optimal setup.

Best of luck,
    Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps; MSB M204 Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

You can find many reviews on the cheaper M3. M6 is meant for bigger rooms and uses an advanced carbon fibre monocoque vs carbon fibre sides only - I can imagine it sounds even better than the M3.
    Adam

Speakers: Magico M3
    Amp: Dagostino Momentum Stereo
    Digital: Lampi Horizon + Lampi DSD Komputer

With all that said Elberoth's M6s arrive next week
    burmester 088/911, rega rp6, sumiko blackbird, magio S3, rel g1's, rogers pa1a, nos telefunkens, wireworld plat. ic, sc
    chord dave, microrendu, uptone lps 1

Quote Originally Posted by Elberoth View Post
    You can find many reviews on the cheaper M3. M6 is meant for bigger rooms and uses an advanced carbon fibre monocoque vs carbon fibre sides only - I can imagine it sounds even better than the M3.
    This is a clueless statement........what do M3 reviews have anything to do with the M6?

Quote Originally Posted by drabbish View Post
    With all that said Elberoth's M6s arrive next week
    Damn - that was a secret!
    Adam

Cat’s out of the bag now! When do you expect to take delivery? How exciting! Can’t wait to hear your thoughts. How big is your listening room?
    Digital: Innuos Zenith Mk3 Server + MSB Premier DAC with Powerbase
    Amp: Gryphon Pandora + Gryphon Antileon Evo Stereo
    Speakers: Magico S3 MkII
    Cables: MIT SL-Matrix 36 XLR interconnect cables + 70 speaker cables; AQ Diamond & Vodka ethernet cables
    Power: AQ Niagara 5000 + AQ Tornado power cables
    Headphones (travel): Sennheiser Momentum + Chord Mojo

wow!!!

now that is a big deal. congrats Adam, i'm very happy for you.

can't wait to see pictures of those bad boys in your elegant listening room.

Congrats Adam, you should have waited for the M8's thou ......

Hi Adam,

You’re joking, right? If not, a hearty congratulations!

Ken
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

Guys, I wish but drabbish was only kidding. My family name is not Gates (unfortunately).
    Adam

Damn. I was about to live vicariously thru you. Drabbish has a lot to answer for. Cruel and unusual punishment.
    Digital: Innuos Zenith Mk3 Server + MSB Premier DAC with Powerbase
    Amp: Gryphon Pandora + Gryphon Antileon Evo Stereo
    Speakers: Magico S3 MkII
    Cables: MIT SL-Matrix 36 XLR interconnect cables + 70 speaker cables; AQ Diamond & Vodka ethernet cables
    Power: AQ Niagara 5000 + AQ Tornado power cables
    Headphones (travel): Sennheiser Momentum + Chord Mojo

Hahaha fake news my friends.

April 1’st not here yet… Not fair!!!

Hey everyone! I have listened to other Magico speakers and I started by looking for something smaller but with an awesome sound. Eventually, my search moved into larger speakers and now I'm leaning towards the Magico M6. A visit to Magico headquarters is the next step I just wanted more input before I make the trip.

I've also heard good thing about Wilson Audio Alexx. Does anyone have experience with those? The Magico M6 cost more and I'm curious if the price jump is worth it.

Those speakers arenot cheap so make sure you are madly in love before you commit. It seems likethe Magico M6 are gentlegiants... massive power combined with finesse and rich detail. I could imagine it's likewatching a sumo wrestler figure skate perfectly... you can't do much except sit there, mouth hanging open while trying not to weepwith joy. Let us know how everything works out what you thought about speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeb-loves-hifi View Post
    Hey everyone! I have listened to other Magico speakers and I started by looking for something smaller but with an awesome sound. Eventually, my search moved into larger speakers and now I'm leaning towards the Magico M6. A visit to Magico headquarters is the next step I just wanted more input before I make the trip.

I've also heard good thing about Wilson Audio Alexx. Does anyone have experience with those? The Magico M6 cost more and I'm curious if the price jump is worth it.
    I listened to both the Wilson Alexx last year and Alexandria XLF this year at Axpona with DCS sources and D’Agostino preamp and amps. I have not heard the Magico M6’s but I would think the Alexandria XLF would be more on a par with them.

I thought the Alexandria XLF sounded significantly better than the Alexx. I was disappointed with the sound of the Alexx last year and thought they lacked refinement. The Alexandria XLF this year delivered on all aspects of performance and sounded impressive. YMMV.

Best,
    Ken

Yep. Many of us haven't had the pleasure of listening to M6s (we don't have a dealer in Seattle so I either need to fly to find a friend who owns Magico speakers) and of course all of the reviews are spectacular. Words that come to mind from said reviews are:
    "M6 represents the culmination of such efforts and a major advance in loudspeaker design"
    "massive yet meticulously machined"
    AND... transparent, sexy, the best loudspeakers Magico has ever made... I could go on.
    Definitely should make that trip to Magico headquarters. You might also want to consider what you're currently using in your system. Do you have enough power to drive the M6 or will you need to make upgrades? The group can probably offer solid recommendations too. I'm not sure what your budget is but those are things to think about when you make this next purchase.

A chance to review the Magico M6 is whatdreams are made of. I'm looking at buying smaller Magico speakers and Ican only imagine how the M6s will sound. I'm assuming with the price tag, theywon't be producing these in large quantities, so it might be hard to find a comparisonoutside of reading reviews or visiting headquarters. From what I've read, the Mseries is almost a completely different universe from Magico's other speakers.It sounds like an exciting future purchase so good luck.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Magico M6 Review