Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Which DAC are you using?

I am DAC shopping at the moment and was curious to know which DACs are popular among Shindo users.

Super Moderator

Re: Which DAC are you using?

I’m not a Shindo user at the moment, but I have to put a plug in for what I’m using now. A Boder Patrol SE. It has single ended RCA outputs and is outstanding. It will only do 24/96, no mqa and no dsd.

It’s very natural and I don’t really want to say it but it’s smooth and analog like. At its price point, I feel nothing beats it.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

I recently got an used MSB platinum DAC VI plus at sgd6k plus (less than 5K USD).

Extremely amazed as it is resolving and musical. Pinpoint imaging and expansive sound stage

One of my recent impressive upgrade. The other one is artesania prestige rack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Sony Playstation is a good start.

I have Shindo Palmer and Lampizator dac Golden Gate.

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum, thank you for joining.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by tommypear View Post
    I have Shindo Palmer and Lampizator dac Golden Gate.
    My Lampi Golden Gate (bought used a couple of weeks ago) has been something special.

Lampizator is also a special company. They will check out any used Lampi for free to make sure everything is working and then ship it to the buyer. So I took no risk when I bought mine on ebay. I am in California, the seller is in the UK and Lampi is in Poland. The seller sent his GG to Poland (before I bought it) and it was completely checked out and remained with Lampizator. After I won the ebay bid, the seller told Lampi that I was the winner (part of the sales price included shipping to me). So then Lampi shipped the GG to me in California after the seller had received payment. Lampi both checked out the unit, giving me a detailed two page report, confirming it was in excellent working and cosmetic condition, and then shipped it in the extremely sturdy road case to me in California. They have a very happy customer, even though I bought the unit used. They also have a very generous trade-in policy in case I want to upgrade.

Larry
    Analog-VPIClassic3-3DArm,Lyra Skala+MiyajimaZeroMono,2xAmpex ATR-102,Otari MX5050B2, Merrill Trident Tape Preamp, Herron VTPH-2A&BottleheadPhonoPre,
    Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,MykerinosCard,PacificMicroso nicsModel2 AD
    Dig Play-Lampi Horizon, mch NADAC Roon/HQPlayer,Oppo105
    Electronics-DoshiPre,CJ MET1mchPre,Cary2A3monoamps
    Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR
    Other-512 Engineering Tim Marutani Symmetrical Power IsoTrans and cables,AudioDiskVinylCleaner,
    Music-2.3KR2Rtapes,1.5KCD's,500SACDs,60TBripped files

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by astrotoy View Post
    My Lampi Golden Gate (bought used a couple of weeks ago) has been something special.

Lampizator is also a special company. They will check out any used Lampi for free to make sure everything is working and then ship it to the buyer. So I took no risk when I bought mine on ebay. I am in California, the seller is in the UK and Lampi is in Poland. The seller sent his GG to Poland (before I bought it) and it was completely checked out and remained with Lampizator. After I won the ebay bid, the seller told Lampi that I was the winner (part of the sales price included shipping to me). So then Lampi shipped the GG to me in California after the seller had received payment. Lampi both checked out the unit, giving me a detailed two page report, confirming it was in excellent working and cosmetic condition, and then shipped it in the extremely sturdy road case to me in California. They have a very happy customer, even though I bought the unit used. They also have a very generous trade-in policy in case I want to upgrade.

Larry
    Congrats Larry. The Lampi guys are great to deal with.

I have a totally pimped out GG balanced with VC if anyone is interested. I may keep it and upgrade to Pacific. Don’t know.

My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Which DAC are you using?

I have a Lampi GA now, had a great sound with Shindo with Big 7 I had. However a lot of Shindo users use the Wavelength DAC

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    I have a Lampi GA now, had a great sound with Shindo with Big 7 I had. However a lot of Shindo users use the Wavelength DAC

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I had a Wavelength Cosecant V3 DAC some years ago but I did not have my current system (Shindo Masseto preamp and Tannoy 15" reds) at the time. I've tried Pavane and LaScala II in my system recently and I really see the importance of trying before buying. I would love to try the GA before I decide.

I am using a DAC from the Italian company AQUA HiFi, the La Voce S2. It's an R2R DAC that I very much like. They now have an upgrade to the S3 version available that I for sure will have installed. See also

https://www.audiostream.com/content/...screte-arrival

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Congrats Larry. The Lampi guys are great to deal with.

I have a totally pimped out GG balanced with VC if anyone is interested. I may keep it and upgrade to Pacific. Don’t know.

May???? LoL

I have a demo Pac here and its da bomb! I love my GG, but this is a step up. Waaaay better than the demo we heard in Florida. All the GG goodness taken a step further with more details with no loss of naturalness. A big part of this may be the 5 tube selector in the back where tube specs are more tightly matched. The driver tube also allows the DHT to shine more too.

What an achievement!
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by kkibrisli View Post
    I had a Wavelength Cosecant V3 DAC some years ago but I did not have my current system (Shindo Masseto preamp and Tannoy 15" reds) at the time. I've tried Pavane and LaScala II in my system recently and I really see the importance of trying before buying. I would love to try the GA before I decide.
    Welcome to the forum, thank you for joining.

NAD C 658 streamer.

I'm holding off on updating mine hoping that the US distributor can find a service center here to do the board swap outs that Aqua will accept. Last I heard Mark hadn't had any luck so for us a large part of the $2k upgrade cost is shipping both ways to Italy.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I'm holding off on updating mine hoping that the US distributor can find a service center here to do the board swap outs that Aqua will accept. Last I heard Mark hadn't had any luck so for us a large part of the $2k upgrade cost is shipping both ways to Italy.
    i am a long time Shindo owner and have had the Teddy Pardo dac in my system for years. It is a bargain for the sound quality it offers and is the one piece of equipment that i have never felt the desire to change out.
    its sound is totally complementary to both the aurieges-l and now the masseto that i have it paired with.

I have a gg head dac and has the pacific in my room for weeks what a dac.
    Saving up for the pacific it’s a must have upgrade.

My DAC has been build DIY.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Which DAC are you using?