Headphones, got any favorites? - Page 9
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Headphones, got any favorites?

Thanks Mike. He was a good man and had a good long life. Hard worker and taught us how to be men and take care of our family's through his actions. We will miss him but also celebrate his life.

Was not meaning to be a downer.

I got an opportunity to put the iSine 20 through their paces on the trip. Very nice. Sort of like these planar magnet ear phones hanging off the side of your head that you forget are even there. Quite impressive in every way. The LCD-i4 take all the design elements of the iSine's and bring it to the LCD-4 level. Rather amazing.

I am thinking that I will probably sell the Focal Clear (hardly used) and the iSine 20 since the LCD-i4 are so good. They also sent me the optional Cipher cable with the LCD-i4. I am going to check and see if it will fit the iSine 20 (I think it might) and if so I will include it with the iSine 20 since I will never use a iApple product. I guess it is suppose to really up the game on these IEMs when used with Apple products. I use the Audeze with my Astell&Kern so I definitely do not need this cable.

PS... I just checked. The Cipher cable does fit the iSine 20 perfectly. This is the cable that Audeze sells for $120 for their IEM planar magnets to use with Apple products. It actually includes a built in DAC and all reviewers claim that it makes iApple products sound pretty good as portable music players with the iSine ear phones. It also works with specialized software designed for these Apple products.
    Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2 | T+A AMP 8 | T+A DAC 8 DSD | Falcon Northwest PC | Roon & HQPlayer | W4S Recovery | U-Turn Orbit Special w/ Ortofon 2M Blue | SimAudio 110LP v2 | Record Doctor V | McIntosh MR7083 | Oppo BDP-105 | KEF R700 | ELAC Debut 2.0 SUB3010 | AudioQuest Niagara 1000 | Furman Elite 15i | Burmester Auto System | Astell&Kern AK240 | Audeze LCD-i4

Post Thanks / Like

A quick follow up. I had the Audeze LCD-i4 on most of the day yesterday. Besides sounding amazing they were comfortable. They did not bother me what so ever wearing them for hours. Other then the cord hanging down I believe I would have forgotten that I had ear phones on even. Yes, to get this level of comfort you need to use the provided ear hooks. The current hooks have been redesigned to go around your ear somewhat and are called curvy ear hooks.

I have never been able to use any of my previous headphones for hours on end without discomfort. Even the MrSpeakers Ether which I considered the most comfortable headphone that I had previously owned.

Sound wise, these are breaking in a bit and I have to say they are better then any that I have previously owned; the MrSpeakers Ether, the Sennheiser HD800S, Audeze EL8, Focal Clear, McIntosh MHP1000, KEF M500, Audeze iSine 10, Audeze iSine 20; or heard at our audio club can jam, HiFi Man HE1000, Audeze LCD3, etc. The bottom line these little planar magnet ear phones are amazing and the best personal listening speaker that I have ever heard.

Besides being insanely light and comfortable they are very open sounding with great imaging. They have fantastic highs and vocal range but what surprises me the most is how solid and deep the base is. They do not have the "boxy" sound that most headphones have, especially IEMs. I do not know how else to describe it but I feel like I am surrounded by music. Very impressed and I will be putting my Focal Clear and Audeze iSine 20 (their closes baby brothers) up for sale. (Both are now listed on The Fish Market)

https://www.audioshark.org/showthread.php?t=16887
    https://www.audioshark.org/showthread.php?t=16888
    Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2 | T+A AMP 8 | T+A DAC 8 DSD | Falcon Northwest PC | Roon & HQPlayer | W4S Recovery | U-Turn Orbit Special w/ Ortofon 2M Blue | SimAudio 110LP v2 | Record Doctor V | McIntosh MR7083 | Oppo BDP-105 | KEF R700 | ELAC Debut 2.0 SUB3010 | AudioQuest Niagara 1000 | Furman Elite 15i | Burmester Auto System | Astell&Kern AK240 | Audeze LCD-i4

3. Likes Mike liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wanted to try Balanced on the AK player. They claim balanced is a huge difference. Since I just sold the Focal headphones and had a little funds available, I figure lets give it a try. Not a ton of choices out there.

Moon-Audio makes a "Silver Dragon" cable that appears to be quite good, so I decided to give it a try. Audeze LCD-i4 connectors on the headphone side and 2.5" balanced connector on the DAP side, for "For AK Players". I am looking forward to listening to this cable.

So far I am loving the AK DAP with the LCD-i4 planar magnet earphones! Hoping the new cable takes the combo to an even higher level!

Since I am currently very satisfied with my 2-channel system, concentrating on the DAP and earphones seems to make a lot of sense to me!

Been very busy at work and listening to some great tunes makes the day go much faster for sure!!!

5. Likes Mike liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My favorite ones are the Kennerton Odin V2 that i own and the Hifiman HE-1000SE that i will purchase next month.
    Paired with Chord Hugo 2 great combos.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9