Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Problem with Diablo Remote

Has anyone else had problems with the Diablo remote control? Mine worked for the first week, then stopped working. I changed the batteries and it started working again. Has been on/off since, including with more battery changes. Usually a solid few shakes gets it working again but not this time. Am taking it back to my dealer tomorrow. My friend who also bought a Diablo 300 hasn’t had any problems with his.
    Digital: Innuos Zenith Mk3 Server + MSB Premier DAC with Powerbase
    Amp: Gryphon Pandora + Gryphon Antileon Evo Stereo
    Speakers: Magico S3 MkII
    Cables: MIT SL-Matrix 36 XLR interconnect cables + 70 speaker cables; AQ Diamond & Vodka ethernet cables
    Power: AQ Niagara 5000 + AQ Tornado power cables
    Headphones (travel): Sennheiser Momentum + Chord Mojo

Re: Problem with Diablo Remote

PS - I tried extending the springs but to no avail.
    Cables: MIT SL-Matrix 36 XLR interconnect cables + 70 speaker cables; AQ Diamond & Vodka ethernet cables

Super Moderator

Sorry you are having problems but hopefully it’s not a serious issue. Or at least easily rectified.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Thanks Joe. BTW - have been watching your new thread re the D’Ags. Awesome!

Super Moderator

Thank you very much. I’m so excited. I think FedEx is scheduled for Thursday barring any delivery issues or my work schedule.

I know the Diablo 300 is an amazing piece. I was looking at that and I absolutely love the looks. Everyone I know who either has one or heard one loves it. The Diablo was high on my list. I’m happy you love it.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

No problems here, AJR.

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Thank you very much. I’m so excited. I think FedEx is scheduled for Thursday barring any delivery issues or my work schedule.

I know the Diablo 300 is an amazing piece. I was looking at that and I absolutely love the looks. Everyone I know who either has one or heard one loves it. The Diablo was high on my list. I’m happy you love it.
    Thanks Joe. Actually it took me a while to get to love the aesthetic of the Diablo - I posted on this. Something about the gal whose personality improves her looks! Am now very much into the aesthetic. I appreciate the build quality and above all the sound. I was comparing it against your Dag’s (IMHO the best looking amplifiers) and the Pass Labs (right up there too).

Quote Originally Posted by AJR View Post
    Has anyone else had problems with the Diablo remote control? Mine worked for the first week, then stopped working. I changed the batteries and it started working again. Has been on/off since, including with more battery changes. Usually a solid few shakes gets it working again but not this time. Am taking it back to my dealer tomorrow. My friend who also bought a Diablo 300 hasn’t had any problems with his.
    Yes, I have. The first time it happened, changing the battery fixed the problem. Now, after a few more weeks, it happened again and changing the battery also didn’t help. I too have contacted my dealer who’s trying to resolve the issue for me.

It seems this is not an isolated issue and Gryphon should look into it as a QC or design issue.

Note: Diablo 300 itself just keeps on rocking and sounding incredible.

No problems with mine.
    I love the remotes design. Yep the Diablo rocks
    Larry

Lumin U1
    Chord Dave Dac
    Vac Master Preamp
    Vac 200IQ Amp
    Magico S3 Mk2 in Mcast Pewter
    Denali 6000S
    Ansuz and MIT cabling
    Timbernation walnut racks

Took it into my dealer who gave me a new one on the spot - grear service! Conclusion is that one or more buttons may not be depressing properly and so drains the battery.

Yep - the Diablo rocks!

Kzhtoo - hope your dealer sorts yours quickly.

I've had my Diablo 300 just over a year now and it's great, I love it. But recently the remote stopped working, and I opened it up to find that one of the batteries appeared to have leaked. I cleaned it up the best I could, inserted 2 new batteries, and it was working again, but only for 24 hours. Now it's died completely. I contacted the servicing department of the local Gryphon dealer and they said it can't be repaired, but they can order a new one for the bargain basement price of $550US!! Holy sh*&t. I mean, I wasn't expecting it to be cheap, but $550 for a remote control?

I have a Harmony 860 remote that I setup as a backup remote. And it does all of the functions as well as the Diablo 300s remote. It is actually silent when changing inputs. My only dislike of the Diablo remote is that the buttons should have been spaced farther apart. There are three sets of two buttons and if they would have spaced every two buttons about 1/2" farther apart I think the usability would be more to my liking.
    Speakers: Magico S3 (23')
    Integrated:Gryphon Diablo 300 plus DAC
    Streamer: HiFi Rose RS150b
    CD/DVD: Oppo 205
    Cables: Cardas-Shunyata-AudioQuest-Supra
    Roon Core: sonicTransporter i7 powered with HDPlex 200w linear PS, running AudioLinux for Roon--Tidal and Qobuz with iPad Pro

Time is just a tool humans created to measure movement and record events

Almost three years with the 300 - no problems with remote or the unit.

I hate Diablo remote with all my heart. Sorry. I do love the integrated. I often wonder if Essence remote work with Diablo. See pic below.

Definitely worth checking to see if that Essence remote is compatible, assuming of course the price differential makes it worthwhile. In the meantime, I discovered my Marantz AVR remote will turn the Diablo on and off, and also control the volume, the only thing it won't do is change the input.

Or perhaps the Gryphon 120 remote, six buttons, more traditional shape.

Quote Originally Posted by GSOphile View Post
    Or perhaps the Gryphon 120 remote, six buttons, more traditional shape.
    Yes. I wouldn’t mind this either. Maybe better option than essence’s. After all, Diablo 300 remote also only has 6 buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by kzhtoo View Post
    I hate Diablo remote with all my heart. Sorry. I do love the integrated. I often wonder if Essence remote work with Diablo. See pic below.

Since I have the internal Gryphon DAC this would be a great choice. I have four inputs and switching from one to the other is always a slow process. Anyone who has been around electronics has learned how a remote control can be a make or break device. It seems that remote control planning is often turned over to the least qualified members of a hardware/software team.
    Speakers: Magico S3 (23')
    Integrated:Gryphon Diablo 300 plus DAC
    Streamer: HiFi Rose RS150b
    CD/DVD: Oppo 205
    Cables: Cardas-Shunyata-AudioQuest-Supra
    Roon Core: sonicTransporter i7 powered with HDPlex 200w linear PS, running AudioLinux for Roon--Tidal and Qobuz with iPad Pro

Time is just a tool humans created to measure movement and record events

No idea why Gryphon needs different remotes for different devices. For example, Pass remote is the exact same one for XP pre-amps, INT’s and even Xs pre I think. And that one works great.

Quote Originally Posted by kzhtoo View Post
    No idea why Gryphon needs different remotes for different devices. For example, Pass remote is the exact same one for XP pre-amps, INT’s and even Xs pre I think. And that one works great.
    Hifi remotes seem to always weight about 9 pounds and do absolutely nothing you want them to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Preamp/Digital: Meitner MA3
    HT Processor: Bryston SP3
    Amps: Bryston 14b3, Bryston 4b3
    Speakers: Kef Reference 5, Kef Reference 4c
    Sub: REL Carbon Special
    Power: Shunyata Denali, Bryston BIT15
    Wires: Wireworld Silver Eclipse XLR & SC, Ethernet - WW Platinum USB
    Other: Stillpoint Ultra SS, ISO-Acoustics ISO Pucks

-Kyle

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team