Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Formula One

Re: Formula One

Once again stiff is demonstrating his great knowledge regarding cars....

He can't keep straight the difference between F1 motors and NASCAR motors....

F1 1.6L V6 15,000rpm

IndyCar 2.2L V6 12,000rpm

NASCAR 5+/- L V8 9000rpm

Re: Formula 1

I believe current F1 displacement is 1.6L. Rev limit is 15,000, but because of fuel flow regulations (100 kg/hr), I think most cars don’t go much higher than 13K.

Talks suggest the 2021 rules will raise both of those, though. Revs to 18,000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sean

Lumin T2
    Gryphon Diablo 333
    Magico A3 w/ A-Pods
    AudioQuest Hurricane HC
    Shunyata PS8 & Defender & Cabling
    HRS E1

Yep 1.6

The pistons in a NASCAR motor are like coffee cans compared to a can of fruit in the other motors....

I'd love to see the top of the F1 motors be 20,000.....

I couldn’t agree more. It would have to help the sound of the turbo’d V6’s. I’ve conceded the dream of revisiting V8/10/12’s but a high revving version of what we have now could be cool in its own way (reliability issues aside).

Sean

Lumin T2
    Gryphon Diablo 333
    Magico A3 w/ A-Pods
    AudioQuest Hurricane HC
    HRS E1

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    I believe current F1 displacement is 1.6L. Rev limit is 15,000, but because of fuel flow regulations (100 kg/hr), I think most cars don’t go much higher than 13K.

Talks suggest the 2021 rules will raise both of those, though. Revs to 18,000.
    Lets hope the fuel flow limit will get rised (THE limiting factor right now). Nothing will bring back the screaming sound of the NA F1 engines reving up close to 20.000 RPM though :/
    Adam

Speakers: Magico M3
    Amp: Dagostino Momentum Stereo
    Digital: Lampi Horizon + Lampi DSD Komputer

It would be interesting to see how they deal with Turbo back Pressure at 20K ..

Someone finally had the balls (Ralph Schumacher) to call it like it is..Claire Williams has got to adapt or step down if Williams is to survive.

Her "deputy team principle" title is stupid and tells it like it is...she hides in the shadow of her father's past instead of forging her own present.

I fear Williams will close or be sold and that would be sad........

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsrule View Post
    Someone finally had the balls (Ralph Schumacher) to call it like it is..Claire Williams has got to adapt or step down if Williams is to survive.

Her "deputy team principle" title is stupid and tells it like it is...she hides in the shadow of her father's past instead of forging her own present.

I fear Williams will close or be sold and that would be sad........
    I agree. Running a historic F1 team that spends $200 million + each year means your last name can only take you so far before people demand a return. Especially a prestigious team like Williams.

Sean

Lumin T2
    Gryphon Diablo 333
    Magico A3 w/ A-Pods
    AudioQuest Hurricane HC
    HRS E1

Firstly to save Williams , you gotta boot out whomever was involved in pulling Robert out of retirement ..

��

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    I agree. Running a historic F1 team that spends $200 million + each year means your last name can only take you so far before people demand a return. Especially a prestigious team like Williams.

Plenty was done to save Williams after Senna’s death, kinda hard to get by that fail ...

Frank Williams and Patrick head is Williams , Ron for all of his negative arseole tidbits is McClaren, same as Lotus without Chapman , the companies are driven by these personalities , difficult without ..!

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by a.wayne View Post
    Plenty was done to save Williams after Senna’s death, kinda hard to get by that fail ...

Frank Williams and Patrick head is Williams , Ron for all of his negative arseole tidbits is McClaren, same as Lotus without Chapman , the companies are driven by these personalities , difficult without ..!

Regards
    I’m not sure I understand. Are you saying Claire Williams is doing a sufficient job?

Sean

Lumin T2
    Gryphon Diablo 333
    Magico A3 w/ A-Pods
    AudioQuest Hurricane HC
    HRS E1

No ,

Im saying she cant be Patrick Head and Frank Williams , Im saying she Is not the driving force behind Williams, very difficult shoes for Claire to fill ..

Speaking of Fail , Robert K is back , enuff said ...

Quote Originally Posted by a.wayne View Post
    No ,

Im saying she cant be Patrick Head and Frank Williams , Im saying she Is not the driving force behind Williams, very difficult shoes for Claire to fill ..

Speaking of Fail , Robert K is back , enuff said ...
    I didn’t say she had to be her dad or anyone else; just that she isn’t getting it done. I agree that there are big shoes to fill, but she just isn’t cutting it. And for that, I think she should step aside.

Sean

Lumin T2
    Gryphon Diablo 333
    Magico A3 w/ A-Pods
    AudioQuest Hurricane HC
    HRS E1

I dont know how much of the blame is Claire’s , Paddy lowe was the Messiah from AMG to make things happen , both cars under his tenure are outright disasters, they took money for Kubicka seat which is not a good situation in itself , so , hard for me to say or agree if she should or shouldn't step down ..

Are Paddy Lowe fails Claires fault? did she fire him too late ? ... This is bigger than just Claire IMO ..

Edit Post

You can have one bad car. But two horrid cars in a row ... that is beyound bad for such a respected team (that was considered 3rd fastest after Ferrari / Merc just 4 years ago!).

We do not know what is happening inside Wiliams. But from the rate engineers are leaving the team the situation inside the company must be as bad. And here I think Claire as a CEO is at fault.

They need new management to turn things around, show some promise and stop people quitting.
    Adam

Two bad cars have nothing to do with Claire, Paddy lowe can attest to that , Lowe’s exit was mostly due to illegal parts on the car as per FIA , so not only a dud but an illegal dud ..

Lowe did not leave , he was sent packing ....

Easy to see the 19 car being a dud after 2018 model, due to the follow thru process . This year will most likely be a wash, as Williams will need a completly new chassis for 2020..

Totally expect the 2019 car to be a rolling test bed ..

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Elberoth View Post
    You can have one bad car. But two horrid cars in a row ... that is beyound bad for such a respected team (that was considered 3rd fastest after Ferrari / Merc just 4 years ago!).

We do not know what is happening inside Wiliams. But from the rate engineers are leaving the team the situation inside the company must be as bad. And here I think Claire as a CEO is at fault.

They need new management to turn things around, show some promise and stop people quitting.
    stiff

CW is not the CEO, she's the Deputy Chief Administrator.....ie she's the face that carries out other's orders

I expect Williams to have difficulty getting sponsors for 2020 if this year continues like last year. Without adequate funding, the team will either be sold or cease to exist. Smedley’s departure at the end of last season was a no-confidence vote for this year.
    Gary
    Main: Lumin A1, Accuphase E-650, Tannoy Canterbury GR, Shunyata, Audience
    Secondary: Lumin M1, Linton Heritage, Shunyata, Audience

Add Wood and De Beer names to that list , under Paddy lowe , the engineering and design team has been decimated ..

Lowe is coming from AMG, Williams run AMG power plants, the deal to run mercedes gearboxes was nixed in favor of their ally box where mercedes own box is carbon fibre ...

I can see Williams not wanting to close their gearbox dept and layoff those workers , once lost you cant regain ...

we will see ...

Regards

IMO if they want to stay competive, they have to switch to Mercedes gearboxes. There is just no other way at this point.
    Adam

An F1 legend passed today. RIP Niki

"A lot of people criticize Formula 1 as an unnecessary risk. But what would life be if we only did what was necessary?" -- Niki Lauda

Vettle's Lauda tribute helmet looks awesome......

Quote Originally Posted by puroagave View Post
    the only interest I have in watching the horsey cars from fiat is Leclerc. I predict he's going to show vettel a clean set of heels more often than not. Im also looking forward to the wheel banging between Max and Charles--one could hope. I'll keep my championship prediction to myself until the Chinese or azerbaijan gp.
    Its been slow around here so here goes...I don't often quote myself but how can I resist (gloating?) who can ignore the fact LeClerc out qualified Vettel TEN TIMES in a row. Clearly, Leclerc is the faster driver (at least over a single lap).

The horsey cars have found speed the later part of this season which is a pleasant surprise, maybe we'll have some real on-track drama before the season is up. Ham will be WC this year, no doubt about that.

the ONLY voice that matters in F1 re post race debriefs: Peter Windsor. If you don't know who he is look him up...

It has been slow.

And the races are boring. The top 3 or 4 after 5-10 laps are still at the top at the finish line.

LeClerc & Verstappen could bring it back - at least make it interesting.
    DPT4ME - Dynamics, Presence & Tone for Musical Engagement; MBP (3) - stripped down for music only; Shunyata Omega & Sigma USBs; ISO REGEN w/short Curious USB links; Berkeley Alpha USB; Aqua La Scala II Optologic DAC; Schiit Yggdrasil - fully updated; Ayre Codex dac - updated; Pass Labs INT-60 integrated amp; Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE-2 preamp, Quicksilver Mono 120 amps w/Tung-Sol KT150s; Quicksilver Mid Mono amps w/Gold Lion KT77s; Fyne Audio 703s; Symposium Svelte Plus & Ultra Platforms; REL S-812 subwoofers; Duelund DCA12GA speaker cables; AV Room Service EVPs, Stein Music Harmonizers, Duelund DCA16GA & 20GA ICs; Shunyata Denali 6000S/V2; Tripp Lite PCs; Wyred 4 Sound power cords; AudioDharma cable cooker; dedicated custom room; various GIK & ASC room treatments; etc.

www.getbettersound.com

The races are almost predictable. Boring,
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

No love for Ham? the year is effectively over with a few races left, both drivers and constructors championships have been decided...and please don't post to this thread if you're one of the F1 is "boring" or "predictable" crowd. We heard you. Sheesh

Nico did a great job of extracting the awesome atmosphere of an F1 weekend...the production quality of his channel keeps improving, like, exponentially:

I always enjoy the COTA track; onboard video is always fun but especially here, for me.

The finish with Bottas and Ham was exciting this year. I was pleasantly surprised Max’s Red Bull put up as much of a fight up front as he did.

In a general note, I’m really hopeful the 2021 regs increase the competitiveness both in the standings and within each race. It’s disappointing the car weight went up again. Small, and light cars that can be wheel-to-wheel is a solid recipe formula for fun racing. Will Ham claim his 7th before the regulation overhaul? It certainly looks plausible, barring any reliability issues next year. Bottas can’t consistently hang with him, as it stands now.

Sean

Lumin T2
    Gryphon Diablo 333
    Magico A3 w/ A-Pods
    AudioQuest Hurricane HC
    HRS E1

Nico vids very nice

Can't help but have the feeling Hamilton could have won the race but it was contrived for Botas to win but who really knows......

Lewis is a special talent driving the best car on the grid for a team that has proven to be superior at innovation, reliability and strategy.

I thought Michael Schumacher records would last for a long time. Lewis is quickly moving to surpass 7 world titles and 91 GP wins.

Lastly, for the last 25 years, I have been watching F1 and attending some races. My favorite team has been Ferrari. I had high expectations for this year and, while this year’s car has been better, Vettel is not extracting the best out of the car, reliability has not been perfect and team strategy has been lacking. The one pleasing surprise, LeClerc.

And, yes, nice video by Nico.

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

OK lets really get to it:

Nico is a douche and lucked out into his title. He knew it and didn't return. A lucky opportunist.....

Schumacher was a dirty driver with no elan at all. An arrogant prick. Fuck him....

Ferrari...they constantly make dumb decisions. Drivers, managers, principles... If they didn't have the veto vote they would be nowhere. They do have an opportunity with LeClerc. But I say he's screwed by all the red baggage

Hamilton..a true sportsman. If he wasn't on top right now F1 would be like Indy Cars. Like who cares........

Well I guess my post above was spot on regarding Ferrari....

It's great to see Ferrari in the state they are in. They are so arrogant... And goodbye as well as Vettel. He deserved to get the shaft. I sure hope he's done and doesn't take someone else's drive. Spoiled, and lost what little edge he had at the Bulls. Will go down as the most overrated multi champion ever....

And Lewis...possibly the best driver ever. Total class guy. Merc could sweep this season. They are smarter than the rest by a magnitude and deserving of their position. Gotta love how Horner and others are trying to get rules changed to reel them in. I guess everything changes when the shoe is on the other foot.

Go Mercedes!!!

Hamilton..a true sportsman. If he wasn't on top right now F1 would be like Indy Cars. Like who cares........
    easy there King boy, I bet AJ could still kick your butt !! and for the record Indy cars has one of 'the' classiest drivers in all of motor sports... Scott Dixon !
    Cheers ! …. Dave

Oh please, Scott Dixon?? What has he done for anyone but himself? U obviously are myopic and clueless regarding motorsport....

And, just to help u out, this is a F1 thread....

Formula one is returning to Portugal.
    23 e 25 October. Portimao / Algarve

Probably in October there will still be a lot of sun and good weather in the Algarve!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikado463 View Post
    easy there King boy, I bet AJ could still kick your butt !! and for the record Indy cars has one of 'the' classiest drivers in all of motor sports... Scott Dixon !
    Who can forget AJ's "classy" move when he bitch slapped Arie Luyendyk

Quote Originally Posted by Spock View Post
    Formula one is returning to Portugal.
    23 e 25 October. Portimao / Algarve

Probably in October there will still be a lot of sun and good weather in the Algarve!
    We love the Algarve...I wish I could be there this year....Portimao looks like an amazing circuit.......

Oh please, Scott Dixon?? What has he done for anyone but himself? U obviously are myopic and clueless regarding motorsport....
    awe, you're my hero !

And, just to help u out, this is a F1 thread....
    I'm well aware of that genius and if your brain engaged properly you would have seen that my response was to the 'Indy Car' remark you made.

as for Hamilton being the best, F1 perhaps and in the modern era. Are you even old enough to know who AJ Foyt is ? My last F1 race I attended was Oct of '72, Watkins Glen (Jackie Stewart), didn't make it back for the infamous 'Bog' burning of the bus in '74
    Cheers ! …. Dave

awe, you're my hero !

I'm well aware of that genius and if your brain engaged properly you would have seen that my response was to the 'Indy Car' remark you made.

as for Hamilton being the best, F1 perhaps and in the modern era. Are you even old enough to know who AJ Foyt is ? My last F1 race I attended was Oct of '72, Watkins Glen (Jackie Stewart), didn't make it back for the infamous 'Bog' burning of the bus in '74
    I take it you weren't at WG in '73 when Cevert lost his life? Jackie Stewart had already decided to retire before qualifying, Francois' death was the final straw. it would have been Jackie's 100th GP had he raced that weekend.

I take it you weren't at WG in '73 when Cevert lost his life? Jackie Stewart had already decided to retire before qualifying, Francois' death was the final straw. it would have been Jackie's 100th GP had he raced that weekend.
    That is correct, I was lucky in '72 to attend (sophomore in College) but unable in '73 and '74, although my spirit was there in the 'Bog' !

Attend the IMSA race regularly , well not his year, along with Vintage weekend in Sept. Got to drive my '70 T/A Challenger around the track in '72, $20, signed a waiver and away you went !
    Cheers ! …. Dave

That is correct, I was lucky in '72 to attend (sophomore in College) but unable in '73 and '74, although my spirit was there in the 'Bog' !

Attend the IMSA race regularly , well not his year, along with Vintage weekend in Sept. Got to drive my '70 T/A Challenger around the track in '72, $20, signed a waiver and away you went !
    now you're making me jealous. Watching a sports car or vintage CAN-AM race at the Glenn is on my bucket list, so is a '70 T/A 'Cuda like this one:

now you're making me jealous. Watching a sports car or vintage CAN-AM race at the Glenn is on my bucket list, so is a '70 T/A 'Cuda like this one:

Great vid, thanks for sharing ! As for the T/A that would have been a Challenger, the Plymouth 'Cuda had the AAR designation. Same drive train although the Challenger was a slightly bigger car.
    Cheers ! …. Dave

awe, you're my hero !

OK"genius" (LMAO) ..the Indy Car comment was regarding the series, not the drivers...really, read and comprehend correctly or go away....

Paraphrasing here:

A racer dies and is in heaven.
    He's in the grandstand at the track with another driver next to him
    He looks down and sees a car go by. The driver's helmet is red-orange, just like AJ has always worn.
    "Oh my god" he says to the guy next to him. "Not AJ too"....
    No the guy says. That's God trying to believe he can drive like AJ........!!

..the Indy Car comment was regarding the series, not the drivers...
    Ok, what wrong with the Indy Car series ?
    Cheers ! …. Dave

I’ve been a huge F1 fan for a long time, actually most motor sports, but F1 now is so f’ng boring nowadays. Watch the first opening lap, turn it off, watch the last couple laps it’s the same.

Lewis is fantastic and I’ll admit i haven’t watched a lot lately and I’m sure there have been some good races, but compared to yrs ago, it’s a BIG yawn IMHO.

Moto GP, Isle of Man, superbike and the like - holy crap I’m on the edge of my seat the entire time. The first race a couple weeks ago with Marc Marquez leading, then crashing twice, starting from the rear and almost taking 2nd place, never seen anything like it.

Sport car GT, LMP1+2, touring car, Indy etc. all seem to have way more excitement.

Dunno and sorry to go a bit OT, but F1 has lost its mystique and allure, to me anyway. Def not like it used be (as most things) but seems to be less about racing
    Main:
    Room: Dedicated 25 x 14 x 8 treated room | Computers (headless in utility room): Wkst #1 Ubuntu running lifetime ROON server. High end wkst #2 High end wkst running HQE image | Network rack (in utility room): Managed Fiber Switch, QNAP NAS | Endpoint: Fiber to SONORE OpticalRendu w/ LPS, Sbooster USB vbus2 |DAC: Lampi Lite7, Holo Audio S3 KTE, Aqua La Scala MKII Optologic | Pre: Atma-Sphere MP-3 Mk3.3 Pre | Amps: Pass XA100.5 Mono's | Speakers: Revel Ultima Studio2 (Townshend seismic posiums) with Dual PSA X15 sealed subs | Isolation: Components on custom roller bearings + compression springs | Cables: Wireworld Platinum USB / Analysis Plus PC / Gotham 4/4 XLR / AQ spkr / Revelation audiolabs I2s | Server Streamer: Aqua LinQ using HQP modules > I2s to Aqua La Scala

Office: Win10 wkst with Spotify or ROON controller > VDAC-II > VLINK 192 > Yamaha RX integrated > Polk audio signature Monitors >12" sub

Ok, what wrong with the Indy Car series ?
    U can start with Tony George era

U can start with Tony George era
    agreed, thankfully we're past that now.
    Cheers ! …. Dave

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Formula One