Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Formula One

Re: Formula One

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsrule View Post
    Renault has to supply them if the Bulls want......will Porsche/VW step in? How about Audi/Lambo?
    I hope so! I believe, other than Honda, Porsche and Audi have the recent racing experience, as well as hybrid technologie experience to be able to be competitive from the get go!
    So does BMW by the way.
    I really would encourage such competition of European sports brands. Would be better for Mercedes and Ferrari too.
    Not so special to mention you beat a Renault.....
    Hans

Bowers & Wilkins 805 D3 /alternatively JM Lab Point Source Aria 5 (self modified)/ 2x SVS 3000 SB, Audionet AMP (2x), dCS Bartók used as streamer / DAC / preamp, Pro-Ject RPM 9 with Speedbox S and Orthofon MC Vivo Blue, KEF LS50 Nocturne / Sunfire Atmos(kitchen). Patio: Bluesound Node 2i and Focal CMS50.
    RoonServer on Nucleus.

IMO,

VW will not step into F1 and considering Bugatti is now up for sale along with other cutbacks taking place elsewhere, not to mention Weissach has no current power plant for the present or for the discussed upcoming rule changes, i doubt highly they will partake. Porsche is also hampered from their last major F1 fail and historically (so far) is only willing to invest in Lemans type projects ..

I would not be surprised if F1/FIA has a freeze on current power plants until after pending economic storm, as for Honda withdrawal official story, to focus on electric power plants, IMO they are currently receiving buckets of returns on their Indy program spear headed by Sato’s ( big deal in Japan ) success , I'm expecting this is their immediate focus and not F1..

Hard to justify the $$$ ..!

Formula One

So you must have had to stand on your toes to look your boy Sir Jackie in the eye to agree on the two of you having to think alike LMAO.....

Deleted by admin.

Guys, behave. Please. It’s freaking F1 racing.
    * An Audiophile is only as old as his latest Class D incarnation *

Hmmmm, not sure where that went wrong and not the other ..!

Deleted by admin.

Guys, behave. Please. It’s freaking F1 racing.

more like bench racing...and like the real thing, some have talent and others think they do LOL

Cold and rain in store for the German Grand Prix this weekend. That should shake up the field. Looking forward to watching.
    Gary
    Main: Lumin A1, Accuphase E-650, Tannoy Canterbury GR, Shunyata, Audience
    Secondary: Lumin M1, Linton Heritage, Shunyata, Audience

Both first and second practice were cancelled today due to inclement weather. I enjoy watching the Sky Sports F1 coverage of practice. The broadcast crew at Sky is so much better than what we used to suffer through in the US. Diffey is just irritating and Matchett was relevant 20 years ago. Hobbs was the best of that crew; funny at times.
    Gary

Attached Images Attached Images

I’m waiting to see what Cyril does about his tattoo bet with Danny Ric.
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by a.wayne View Post
    Of course..it was a forgone result, nothing unexpected. Ricciardo on the other hand got lucky with several retirements.....

I know almost nothing about F1 but I'm just starting to develop an interest in it. What engine configurations are used in F1? Any V8s? V6s? V12s? Any four cylinders? I would expect they're all super/turbo charged? Are the engine configurations pretty much all the same or are they all different from one another? What kind of horsepower are they turning these days? What are the highest straight away speeds that they're capable of? How do Indy cars differ from F1?
    Amplifier: Pass Labs INT 250 integrated.

DAC/Streamer: MSB Discrete Dual Power Supply.

Server: Roon Nucleus with lifetime subscription.

Speakers: Harbeth Super HL 5+ 40th Anniversary
    Model.

Headphones/Amp: Focal Stellia phones, NAIM Uniti Atom Headphone Edition headphone amp/music player/server/streamer.

Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 88 speaker cables,
    Mackenzie interconnects.

Speaker Stands: HiFi Man.

Quote Originally Posted by bluegrassphile View Post
    I know almost nothing about F1 but I'm just starting to develop an interest in it. What engine configurations are used in F1? Any V8s? V6s? V12s? Any four cylinders? I would expect they're all super/turbo charged? Are the engine configurations pretty much all the same or are they all different from one another? What kind of horsepower are they turning these days? What are the highest straight away speeds that they're capable of? How do Indy cars differ from F1?
    For 2020 F1: In Formula 1, there are no regulations for the amount of power a team can use in their cars. There are engine specifications thought, which needs to be complied to. The specifications are four-stroke, turbocharged 1.6 liter, 90 degree V6 turbo engines. The maximum engine power rotational speed is 15,000 revolutions per minute (rpm).

Coming to the amount of power generated, the exact numbers are highly classified in nature by the engine providers. The current F1 engine providers are Ferrari, Mercedes, Honda and Renault. Mercedes is considered to have the maximum Horse Power (HP). Ferrari comes next, with Renault and Honda have considerably gap over the two giants. The teams invest a lot of money in research to give them an extra edge in powerful engines.

The total power of a F1 engine is measured after calculating the power in the V6 engines, and Energy Recovery System (ERS). Considering the development of engine by the aforementioned engine suppliers, it is considered that the current F1 cars carry more than the magic number of 1000 HP. In spite of this, the F1 cars are extremely safe to drive, with good fuel efficiency, with major accidents rarely reported from the tracks

Indy car for 2020: 2.2-liter twin-turbo V6 engines

F1 vs IndyCar: Which is faster, horsepower, assists and more compared - F1 - Autosport
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

Of course..it was a forgone result, nothing unexpected. Ricciardo on the other hand got lucky with several retirements.....
    How many retirements did lewis get lucky with ....!

How many retirements did lewis get lucky with ....!
    How many of HIS retirements did he get unlucky with??

Be real You are very subjective......

Be real You are clueless......
    To say to someone who is making his living (very well on top) with the topic discussed (moto sport) that he's clueless is actually ..... (pick your own word)
    LS: Vienna Acoustics Klimt "The Music"
    PowerAmp: Nagra VPA
    PreAmp: Tobian Soundsystems SC12
    DAC: LampizatOr Horizon
    Server: LDMS Maximus Music Server
    CDT: CH Precison D1
    Switch: Edison Creation Silent OCXO Extreme, FiberBox
    Power: LampizatOr Kraftwerk 10
    Cabling: Signal Projects loom

Be real You are very subjective......
    Irony noted .... lol

Quote Originally Posted by CPP View Post
    For 2020 F1: In Formula 1, there are no regulations for the amount of power a team can use in their cars. There are engine specifications thought, which needs to be complied to. The specifications are four-stroke, turbocharged 1.6 liter, 90 degree V6 turbo engines. The maximum engine power rotational speed is 15,000 revolutions per minute (rpm).

Coming to the amount of power generated, the exact numbers are highly classified in nature by the engine providers. The current F1 engine providers are Ferrari, Mercedes, Honda and Renault. Mercedes is considered to have the maximum Horse Power (HP). Ferrari comes next, with Renault and Honda have considerably gap over the two giants. The teams invest a lot of money in research to give them an extra edge in powerful engines.

The total power of a F1 engine is measured after calculating the power in the V6 engines, and Energy Recovery System (ERS). Considering the development of engine by the aforementioned engine suppliers, it is considered that the current F1 cars carry more than the magic number of 1000 HP. In spite of this, the F1 cars are extremely safe to drive, with good fuel efficiency, with major accidents rarely reported from the tracks

Indy car for 2020: 2.2-liter twin-turbo V6 engines

F1 vs IndyCar: Which is faster, horsepower, assists and more compared - F1 - Autosport

Hey Chris, thank you so much for that rundown. I really appreciate it. I've always been in awe of how quick F1 cars are. Things happen extremely fast with both F1 and Indy cars. I don't know how the drivers can react so fast. I can't even begin to imagine the skill it takes to be competitive in either sport.
    Amplifier: Pass Labs INT 250 integrated.

DAC/Streamer: MSB Discrete Dual Power Supply.

Server: Roon Nucleus with lifetime subscription.

Speakers: Harbeth Super HL 5+ 40th Anniversary
    Model.

Headphones/Amp: Focal Stellia phones, NAIM Uniti Atom Headphone Edition headphone amp/music player/server/streamer.

Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 88 speaker cables,
    Mackenzie interconnects.

Speaker Stands: HiFi Man.

At a track where both series compete, Circuit of the Americas, the F1 lap times were about 14 seconds quicker than Indy cars.
    Gary

To add to my previous post, the biggest factor in the speed differential between F1 and Indy cars is aerodynamics rather than engine power. Engine power plays a role too, just not the biggest one.
    Gary

Any one know what watch the 7 time World Champion has on today?

Any one know what watch the 7 time World Champion has on today?
    I'm sure someone will chime in that its a "faux watch" on a "7 time faux champion."

my guess is Ham will wear a special ed. IWC Big Pilot in ceramic.

Lewis clearly the class of the field. The Turkish GP today was a very difficult race in which we saw a non traditional race. Starting from 6th place, Lewis did a great job managing his race to come finish first and match Michael Schumacher 7 WCs.

I traditionally have not been a big fan of Lewis. But there is not question that he outraced everyone in the race and did outshine the future champions of F1 - Max and Charles.

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

Quote Originally Posted by puroagave View Post
    I'm sure someone will chime in that its a "faux watch" on a "7 time faux champion."

my guess is Ham will wear a special ed. IWC Big Pilot in ceramic.

I figure it's an IWC, looks ceramic but nothing like it on IWC website....

OK guys, the 2021 F1 season start is only a few days away. I think it might be a season of surprises.

Overall I'm routing for Checo to rock & roll and keep Marko up at night wondering about his boy Max....

Is Mercedes really in trouble? McLaren really fast and reliable? What about Alonso? (bummer he can't run Indy for next 2 years).

Can't wait for Saturday....
    "We all know real when we hear it"

Maybe I am biased as a "Dutchy", but I think Max will be faster then Perez, I rate Ricciardo as a better driver then Perez and he could not beat Max over their last season together at Red Bull.

I do hope the title race will be more exciting this year, if it comes from Red Bull, Mclaren or Aston Martin, that does not really matter to me.
    Moon 700i V2, YG Acoustics Hailey, Aurender N10, dCS Rossini, Oppo BDP103D (audiopraise board), Ansuz Mainz 8 D2

We can hope this year is more competitive. Pre-season testing not always a good indication of performance; however, there appears to be a general consensus that Red Bull has great pace. We’ll find out this weekend.

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

Easy task ...!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well... to summarize today's race:
    Horner: "Ha, you fell for it. You have lead Hamilton right into my gravel trap card."
    Wolff: "Well, Christian, that's no big of a deal. When I sacrifice my Bottas and Russell cards, I can activate my driver reborn card to bring Hamilton back!"
    Horner: "Well, but that won't help you much. Hamilton is still badly injured."
    Wolff: "That's true, but if I fusion my Medium Tyre card, DRS card and my Absolute Pace card, I am able to summon my ultimate monster. Come forth, Blue Eyes White Dragon!
    Blue Eyes White Dragon, White Lightning attack!"
    *explosion
    Wolff: "Hamilton is second."
    Horner: "... Understandable."
    Adam

Speakers: Magico M3
    Amp: Dagostino Momentum Stereo
    Digital: Lampi Horizon + Lampi DSD Komputer

One race
    20 to go
    Don't get cocky

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

I don't know if it's going to happen or not, ...feels more like not.
    Canadian Grand Prix remains on F1 schedule for time being, despite report
    ~ Bob ~
    "And it Stoned me to my Soul" Van Morrison
    ClickAudiophile Audition
    Snoopy as the Red Baron attack
    Avatar = The Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky (1982 - orbiting)

Re: Formula 1

Wet weather races on fast circuits are always entertaining Formula One.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

This year's season is really looking good so far. Love the new tracks (Imola, Portimao) that the drivers are not familiar with.
    Adam

I think very few F1 drivers show up at a race not having driven the track in one series or another
    Imola has been on and off the schedule for years and Portimao was a F1 race last year

Hamilton did well , Driving the fastest car x2, being schooled by the faster youngsters , he overcame being lapped and sheltered a second ..

Not bad for a Faux WDC ...!

Epic , Senna type drive by Max ...!

Quote Originally Posted by Elberoth View Post
    This year's season is really looking good so far. Love the new tracks (Imola, Portimao) that the drivers are not familiar with.
    Sims and tons of data take care of any lack of familiarity by the Driver , testing on Friday is to confirm sims data , by Sat morning most teams would have settled in on where they are strategy and speed wise , only driver errors and or an unpredictable event changes much ..

Far cry from many years ago where one would have to walk the track or make a basturd run in a rental car to seek out lines and track anomalies ...

Regards

Sims and tons of data take care of any lack of familiarity by the Driver , testing on Friday is to confirm sims data , by Sat morning most teams would have settled in on where they are strategy and speed wise , only driver errors and or an unpredictable event changes much ..

Far cry from many years ago where one would have to walk the track or make a basturd run in a rental car to seek out lines and track anomalies ...
    It certainly helps, but is still not the same as real experience on the track. And it shows.
    Adam

Hamilton did well , Driving the fastest car x2, being schooled by the faster youngsters , he overcame being lapped and sheltered a second ..

Not bad for a Faux WDC ...!
    HAM is litteraly the luckiest driver on the grid. That said - the 2nd place was not handed to him - he had to fight from the 8th. Just look what BOT managed to do who I believe was 10th or therabouts after the restart. BOT really is a dead man walking now.
    Adam

Wow, an F1 race with more green flag, on track passes than an IndyCar race on rather similar tracks.

That Indycar race at Barber was fantastic ...!

Quote Originally Posted by Elberoth View Post
    HAM is litteraly the luckiest driver on the grid. That said - the 2nd place was not handed to him - he had to fight from the 8th. Just look what BOT managed to do who I believe was 10th or therabouts after the restart. BOT really is a dead man walking now.
    Red and yellows flag laps made the big difference , Bottas is a disgrace , he literally pushed his replacement off

That Indycar race at Barber was fantastic ...!
    Back when I was driving various tracks & autocrossing in SCCA events (a l-o-o-o-n-g time ago), Barber was my favorite track to drive, with Sears Point (now Sonoma) second, Road Atlanta 3rd....
    DPT4ME - Dynamics, Presence & Tone for Musical Engagement; MBP (3) - stripped down for music only; Shunyata Omega & Sigma USBs; ISO REGEN w/short Curious USB links; Berkeley Alpha USB; Aqua La Scala II Optologic DAC; Schiit Yggdrasil - fully updated; Ayre Codex dac - updated; Pass Labs INT-60 integrated amp; Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE-2 preamp, Quicksilver Mono 120 amps w/Tung-Sol KT150s; Quicksilver Mid Mono amps w/Gold Lion KT77s; Fyne Audio 703s; Symposium Svelte Plus & Ultra Platforms; REL S-812 subwoofers; Duelund DCA12GA speaker cables; AV Room Service EVPs, Stein Music Harmonizers, Duelund DCA16GA & 20GA ICs; Shunyata Denali 6000S/V2; Tripp Lite PCs; Wyred 4 Sound power cords; AudioDharma cable cooker; dedicated custom room; various GIK & ASC room treatments; etc.

www.getbettersound.com

Red and yellows flag laps made the big difference , Bottas is a disgrace , he literally pushed his replacement off
    Are u joking? Botas didn't move his steering wheel a millimeter to the right...watch the in-car camera video.......he might be having difficulty with the current car but one thing Botas is not is a dirty driver

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Formula One