Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Kuzma Stabi and Kuzma tonearm experience

I won't get picky. Any thing you wish to contribute regarding Kuzma. I would particularly enjoy
    hearing what (if any) sonic signature their tables/arms have. I am looking at a Stabi S (or S-12) and
    one the their 313 gimbal arms. I have no local dealer, and their presence in the US is not strong, as
    far as dealers having full table/arm setups. I think this is less true of their tonearms.
    EMT Tsd-15 SFL/ WTL Amadeus GTA/ A23 Homage T2/ Shindo VR/Shindo D'yquem/Altec Valencia 846A w/ Werner Jagusch Crossover/ DeVore 0/96's/ Lignolab Rack

Re: Kuzma Stabi and Kuzma tonearm experience

Dealers? Anyone..., Bueller?
    EMT Tsd-15 SFL/ WTL Amadeus GTA/ A23 Homage T2/ Shindo VR/Shindo D'yquem/Altec Valencia 846A w/ Werner Jagusch Crossover/ DeVore 0/96's/ Lignolab Rack

I was a long time user of a Kuzma products including XL, 4 point, airline, and a few of their carts. IMHO, Kuzma is a stellar company. Products are fully competitive with any other manufacturer. You get good support from the company and importer. In particular, the M turntable and 4 point represent some of the best you can buy at any price.

I have less experience with the products you mention. But feel free to PM with specific questions you may have.
    Turntables: Acoustic Signature Invictus Jr. NEO, Grand Prix Monaco V3.0
    Tonearms: Acoustic Signature TA-9000 NEO, Kuzma Safir
    Cartridges: Miyabi Fuuga, Ortofon Century, Murashino Sumile Mono
    Phono Amplifiers: CH Precision P1, Channel D Lino 3.3
    Digital: CH Precision C1.2/D1.5/T1, Innuos Statement Nextgen, Luxman D-10X (Loan)
    Amplifiers: CH Precision L10/M10, Parasound JC1+, Gryphon Diablo 333 (Incoming)
    Speakers : Magnepan 30.7x, Wilson Audio XVX Chronosonic/Subsonics
    Cables: CAD Ground Controls/USB, Cardas Beyond Clear, Gobel Lacorde Statement
    Accessories: Artesania Exoteryc Racks & Damping Plates, Seismion Reactio, Degritter RC, RPG Acoustic Treatments/PSI AVAA, Torus Power/Plixir Elite BAC

the kuzma stabi s turntable with their stogi s se tonearm was recommended by a dealer as a quite high performance turntable at a somewhat entry level cost.

thought i would revive this thread to see if there are others who have had experience with this turntable or with kuzma products in general.
    viking acoustics berlin r mk2 | almarro a318b + air tight atc-5 (phono) | clearaudio concept + virtuoso v2 MM | t+a dac8 dsd + diy transport + roon rock
    alp-tone audio analog cables | core audio designs plyKraft 3L | hifi racks ltd podium t5-iii

Kuzma makes outstanding sounding products and the support is great. I've had their Ref2 table and 11" 4Point arm for 2 years. Extremely easy to setup, use, and maintain. The machining and materials quality is top notch. Don't let the utilitarian look fool you.

I was very impressed and took the plunge on a decked out Stabi S, double platter, external drive and 4point 9 arm with their 40 cartridge all resting on a HRS M3X - everything has been ordered and should be here mid-October, review and photos will follow, I’m excited!

Albeit, the S design took me a little getting used to but believe it will compliment the steam punk meters on the DD.

In listening to many systems this was in the same league as higher dollar tables, around double putting this well into the 5 figure category but options and such have me in the high 4’s.

I believe no matter the setup you can’t go wrong. Stay tuned!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R w/4point 11 arm | Kuzma 50 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum HD and M400’s | Boulder 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Leif, Norse, V2 and Odin
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

Quote Originally Posted by UltraFast69 View Post
    I was very impressed and took the plunge on a decked out Stabi S, double platter, external drive and 4point 9 arm with their 40 cartridge all resting on a HRS M3X - everything has been ordered and should be here mid-October, review and photos will follow, I’m excited!

Albeit, the S design took me a little getting used to but believe it will compliment the steam punk meters on the DD.

In listening to many systems this was in the same league as higher dollar tables, around double putting this well into the 5 figure category but options and such have me in the high 4’s.

I believe no matter the setup you can’t go wrong. Stay tuned!
    congrats!! looks like a great configuration... i will be looking forward to the photos and comments.

the aesthetics are indeed unique but have been growing on me. perhaps, the black finish will tone things down a bit for my predominately wood finished system.

as i am also considering a few other analog systems, just curious which high dollar systems were in the mix for you?
    viking acoustics berlin r mk2 | almarro a318b + air tight atc-5 (phono) | clearaudio concept + virtuoso v2 MM | t+a dac8 dsd + diy transport + roon rock
    alp-tone audio analog cables | core audio designs plyKraft 3L | hifi racks ltd podium t5-iii

Quote Originally Posted by aKnyght View Post
    congrats!! looks like a great configuration... i will be looking forward to the photos and comments.

the aesthetics are indeed unique but have been growing on me. perhaps, the black finish will tone things down a bit for my predominately wood finished system.

as i am also considering a few other analog systems, just curious which high dollar systems were in the mix for you?
    Thanks and yes, we’re still weeks away, but time will pass quick. Black just looks right.

Yes, photos and commentary.

In the running was the following brands and various price points; ClearAudio DC, Ovation and Innnovation, and Dr Feickert Volare and Woodpecker, Kuzma Stabi R - all nice, but went the route mentioned because when you start adding in everything else it adds up quick - it will be done right, and can’t wait!-

Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

the kuzma stabi r w/ one of the 4point tonearms is looking promising... any experience / thoughts on this one?

some details / spec at this link

both items you refer to are well thought out outstanding analog products that are close to SOTA in their price range.
    Source: Technics SP10mk3 - Thales Simplicity II, TW Raven AC-3 - Graham Phantom, SME 3012-R, Exclusive P3,,Linn LP12 - Naim ARO
    Cartridges: Lyra Atlas Lambda SL, Lyra Etna SL, Lyra Delos, Dynavector XV-1s,Technics EPC100mk4, Ortofon A90, GM Royal, GM Classic, Denon ESC'd 103R, DL-S1, Audio Technica AT25, OC9II, Linn ESC'd Troika
    Phono Stage: Phasemation EA-1200, Accuphase C-37,TW Acustik phono
    EQ: ​DEQX HDP-4
    Preamp: D'Agostino HD, conrad johnson GAT,
    Amps: conrad johnson teflon premier 8a's, D'Agostino Momentum S250
    Speakers: Wilson Maxx3

Quote Originally Posted by XV-1 View Post
    both items you refer to are well thought out outstanding analog products that are close to SOTA in their price range.
    thanks for the post -- only other one in the mix at this point is the amg giro w/ the 9w2 tonearm at a somewhat lower price... any thoughts here vs the kuzma r + 4point? thanks!!

SME makes a new entry table, that includes a outboard motor control and arm - I forget the model and it’s unique looking like Kuzma but was a fine table

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by UltraFast69 View Post
    Thanks and yes, we’re still weeks away, but time will pass quick. Black just looks right.

Yes, photos and commentary.

In the running was the following brands and various price points; ClearAudio DC, Ovation and Innnovation, and Dr Feickert Volare and Woodpecker, Kuzma Stabi R - all nice, but went the route mentioned because when you start adding in everything else it adds up quick - it will be done right, and can’t wait!-

Congrats! Great selection. You’ll love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

the kuzma stabi r w/ one of the 4point tonearms is looking promising... any experience / thoughts on this one?

some details /
    Hello
    Although this is my first post, I’m an old “silent reader”
    As a new owner of the mentioned combo (stabi r + 4p) I can highly recommend it !!!
    I was the owner for the last 3 years of another kuzma turntable/ arm combination, Stabi S and Ref 313 VTA arm.
    The cartridge was and still is a Zyx ultimate omega.
    The R + 4P is a very huge improvement. It’s not easy to point out what is responsible of what, but I guess the turntable contribute to the more bass extension and “solid sound” that I can easily hear on my room and the 4P creates a more three dimensional soundstage and better and more crystal highs...
    The R is build like a tank, as every Kuzma gear I saw. Feels and looks awesome
    I choose the Stabi R because his versatility to manage multiple arms (maybe a dream, but better be ready) and the DC motor and belt coming from the M model and the better platter and bearing.
    About the 4P arm I don’t need to explain...
    I must admit that until now I underestimate a little the importance of the turntable influence on the final result.... I was wrong.

The rest of my gear is an Andros 1.2 Zesto phonostage , Lumin T2, Luxman C 900, Karan KAS 400 driving Magico S3 mkII. The cables are all Nordost heimdall II

Best regards
    Gabriel

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum Gabriel, thank you for joining.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by gabweb View Post
    Hello
    Although this is my first post, I’m an old “silent reader”
    As a new owner of the mentioned combo (stabi r + 4p) I can highly recommend it !!!
    I was the owner for the last 3 years of another kuzma turntable/ arm combination, Stabi S and Ref 313 VTA arm.
    The cartridge was and still is a Zyx ultimate omega.
    The R + 4P is a very huge improvement. It’s not easy to point out what is responsible of what, but I guess the turntable contribute to the more bass extension and “solid sound” that I can easily hear on my room and the 4P creates a more three dimensional soundstage and better and more crystal highs...
    The R is build like a tank, as every Kuzma gear I saw. Feels and looks awesome
    I choose the Stabi R because his versatility to manage multiple arms (maybe a dream, but better be ready) and the DC motor and belt coming from the M model and the better platter and bearing.
    About the 4P arm I don’t need to explain...
    I must admit that until now I underestimate a little the importance of the turntable influence on the final result.... I was wrong.

The rest of my gear is an Andros 1.2 Zesto phonostage , Lumin T2, Luxman C 900, Karan KAS 400 driving Magico S3 mkII. The cables are all Nordost heimdall II

Best regards
    Gabriel
    Thanks for posting!

Audioshark

Welcome to the forum Gabriel. Nice system you have there.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

...Although this is my first post, I’m an old “silent reader”
    As a new owner of the mentioned combo (stabi r + 4p) I can highly recommend it !!! ...
    welcome to the forum... you chose a great topic for your first post :-)

thanks for sharing your experience. great to hear you are happy with the stabi r + 4point combination... perhaps, the only thing left for me is decide upon a configuration for the stabi r and to choose between the 4point-11 or the 4point-9 !!

welcome to the forum... you chose a great topic for your first post :-)

thanks for sharing your experience. great to hear you are happy with the stabi r + 4point combination... perhaps, the only thing left for me is decide upon a configuration for the stabi r and to choose between the 4point-11 or the 4point-9 !!
    First world problems Kuzma Stabi and Kuzma tonearm experience

Thank you all for the welcome

aKnight, I was at the same crossroads, you will go right in every direction you’ll choose with Kuzma.
    I went “solid and conservative” with the arm and picked the 11”...
    About the plinth configuration, took the all black one-wing to let the option to add a second one in the future.
    And then go for a 9”

A while back I was at a "show" where we compared tonearms. A Dr Feickert Firebird was used. There were 3 brands, Kuzma, Reed and another brand I forgot. The general consensus that the Reed arm was the best. The Kuzma compared to the Reed was a bit darker and more coloured in sound.

I would like to compare my Dynavector arm to a Reed, Kuzma and Thales arm.
    Pre amp: Ocatve Phono Module Power amps: Octave MRE130 Turntable: SAC Girati Grande. Tonearm: Dynavector 507mkII Cartridge: Dynavector Ikeda 9TT Streamer: Aurender A10 Power Distributor: Anzus Mains D8 Speakers: Raidho X-3 Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 88 XLR Interlink: Ansuz A2, [B]XLR Interlink: [B]Phono interlink: Cammino Serie 1.0 - PH 1.0s Power cables: Anzus Mains Ceramic, two Pom, Aluminium, X series Audio Rack: Rack of Silence 4 and 2.

...aKnight, I was at the same crossroads, you will go right in every direction you’ll choose with Kuzma.
    I went “solid and conservative” with the arm and picked the 11”...
    gabweb, curious what considerations led you to choose the 4point-11 over the 4point-9 to go with the stabi r?

thanks!!!

Coming from the ref 313 VTA it was hard to leave the VTA tower I was use to and go down to 9”...
    Also the 9 got very good reviews, but I think the 4p 11 was in my mind since I bought the 313 (then I didn’t get the $$)

i see the bespoke color option is now available for the stabi r

...now that i can get one to match my lambo, that pretty much settles things

Attached Images Attached Images

Kind of makes sense, why not?

My buddy rented a Black Gallardo this weekend, and it solidified my thoughts of I’m well past fast cars - too much trouble when one can’t control himself

Hi All,

Running a Kuzma setup and having heard many of their TT's and arms. I would say the 4P 9" is one of the best bang for the buck arms out there when looking for top arms.

I recently got my 4P 11" upgraded with the latest gemstone bearings and if you are playing on the non upgraded 11" and 14" arms the difference will be huge if upgraded! It is a no brainer upgrade IMHO!

Mike
    Main system: Aavik Acoustics U-300 (upgraded internals), Accuphase C47 + TechDAS AF V Premium + Kuzma 4P11" Gemstone/Kondo silver + Ortofon Diamond, Naim streamer SSD + TAD DA-1000 DAC, Sonus Faber Stradivari 35 Anniversary, mostly full cable loom Ansuz Acoustics, D and own silver constructions on signal side, Mainz DTC/D2 + Mainz8 D-TC power distributor. All individual equipment and cables rest on Ansuz Acoustics Darkz DTC (Tungsten balls). Dedicated mains supply (Audience Conductor) with Klangmodule fuse system and Furutech receptacles. Other systems: Collection of Sonus Faber classics (Franco S design), tube gear and transistor designs, CD-transports and players, turntables and collection of cables

Kinda like this one in my driveway, my buddy wants me to get this and the Hurrican is much better designed than the Gallardo

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeoo View Post
    Hi All,

Running a Kuzma setup and having heard many of their TT's and arms. I would say the 4P 9" is one of the best bang for the buck arms out there when looking for top arms.

I recently got my 4P 11" upgraded with the latest gemstone bearings and if you are playing on the non upgraded 11" and 14" arms the difference will be huge if upgraded! It is a no brainer upgrade IMHO!

Mike
    Thanks for the update!

Enjoy your sound!

My analog setup is a Kuzma Stabi M with a 4 Point 11" arm, a ZYX UNIverse Premium into a Lamm LP2.1 Deluxe Phono Stage w/ Ypsilon step up.

kuzma.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by BruceLet View Post
    My analog setup is a Kuzma Stabi M with a 4 Point 9" arm, a ZYX UNIverse Premium into a Lamm LP2.1 Deluxe Phono Stage w/ Ypsilon step up.

kuzma.jpeg
    Sweet!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Great analogue set
    The 4P is 9”? Looks like the 11”...
    4P with the VTA tower are the 11” and 14”, Am I correct?

Great analogue set
    The 4P is 9”? Looks like the 11”...
    4P with the VTA tower are the 11” and 14”, Am I correct?
    You are right. Not thinking clearly these days. My 4P is the 11". Thanks.

The main thing is that is a 4P...
    Can’t post pictures of mine until reaching 10 posts...
    I will when allowed

Nice!

I may head that way as well but waiting for a shootout demo between Stabi M and Techdas AF V/III.

Mike
    Main system: Aavik Acoustics U-300 (upgraded internals), Accuphase C47 + TechDAS AF V Premium + Kuzma 4P11" Gemstone/Kondo silver + Ortofon Diamond, Naim streamer SSD + TAD DA-1000 DAC, Sonus Faber Stradivari 35 Anniversary, mostly full cable loom Ansuz Acoustics, D and own silver constructions on signal side, Mainz DTC/D2 + Mainz8 D-TC power distributor. All individual equipment and cables rest on Ansuz Acoustics Darkz DTC (Tungsten balls). Dedicated mains supply (Audience Conductor) with Klangmodule fuse system and Furutech receptacles. Other systems: Collection of Sonus Faber classics (Franco S design), tube gear and transistor designs, CD-transports and players, turntables and collection of cables

I went from the Stabi Ref2 with 4Point to the TechDAS AF5 with various arms. The Kuzma setup was superb. It’s got an extremely high SQ to $ ratio when purchased on the used market. Build quality, machining tolerances, materials are all top notch. However, after using the TechDAS I can’t ever see going back to not having vacuum hold down. I would say the TechDAS is also noticeably quieter. Difficult to compare actual SQ since I’m using different arms and cables.

Quote Originally Posted by vortrex View Post
    I went from the Stabi Ref2 with 4Point to the TechDAS AF5 with various arms. The Kuzma setup was superb. It’s got an extremely high SQ to $ ratio when purchased on the used market. Build quality, machining tolerances, materials are all top notch. However, after using the TechDAS I can’t ever see going back to not having vacuum hold down. I would say the TechDAS is also noticeably quieter. Difficult to compare actual SQ since I’m using different arms and cables.
    Hi, did you hear/try the 4Point on the TechDAS? Anyone else out there that heard or run Kuzma 4Point on TechDAS?

Mike

No, I did not hear the 4Point on the TechDAS.

So here its is,
    After several occasions having substantial demos of lower range TechDAS models I am now waiting for the TechDAS AF5 premium to replace my Stabi R. Had the Stabi M in sights for a comparison with TechDAS but after hearing what air bearing and hold down does it was a no brainer to move for TechDAS. My 4P 11" will move on to the TechDAS and I am thinking of adding a 4P 9". Anyway one of the best vinyl replay I ever heard was a TechDAS AF3P with a SAT arm. Until SAT arm funds are here I stick to Kuzma 4P.

Mike

Once you go air bearing and vacuum hold down there’s no going back. I moved to the AF5 from a Kuzma Ref2.

Choice is already made, V Premium on its way! Specially 1st and 2nd track issues are gone with vacuum hold down.

Will report back when in August hopefully it lands here!

Mike

Thank you for your update
    Regardless of your post I was wondering that if I would upgrade my Stabi R, the TechDas V premium will be the candidate...
    Love the minimal foot print and versatility of adding tonearms of both
    but the air bearing and vacuum on TechaDas is a winner
    Did you ear or see the premium version?
    It’s suppose to be a big improvement on the basic one
    Analogue source: Kuzma R, 4 Point 11’, ZYX Ultimate Omega GH
    Digital source: Lumin T2, NUC8 i5, Roon Rock, network connected.
    Amplification:Zesto Andros 1.2, Luxman C-900u, Karan KAS 400.
    Speakers: Magico S3 MKII
    Cables: interconect: Neotech RCA NEI 3001 (phono to preamp) all other Nordost Heimdall II XLR speakers: Nordost Heimdall II
    Power:
    ISOL 8 Minisub Wave, main Neotech NEP 3001, all other DH labs.

Hi, I think I heard about this in April when my dealer had some inside info from Japan. I've recently seen it on the web but not in the flesh. Strangely TechDAS didn't update their page with this info but I found some here: Mono and Stereo: New TechDAS AirForce V Premium turntable, TechDAS Announces Air Force V Premium Edition | - StereoNET Australia - Hi Fi & Home Cinema News
    I have one on order. M Fremer said he rather take a V than a III and then use the money saved on a top arm, I kind of follow that advice…

Mike

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team