Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: What’s in your glass tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    Anybody tried this? I would be interested what your thoughts were.
    I haven't, then again I don't sip high-proof spirits other than in cocktails. The bourbons I drink regularly fall between 80-90 proof, above that the ethanol tends to overwhelm the base spirit.

I probably should of known that. Thank you for that information.I new there was a reason why I'm not fan of high proof.I have the regular Rare Breed on my bar and I quite like it.

I'm turning 65 in few weeks and they want to buy me a nice bottle for my birthday. Currently I'm thinking of Crown Royal XR. Do you have any suggestions?
    other options I thought of before I landed on the XR was Middletons very rare and Whistle pig.

I have yellow spot on my bar. Very good stuff. The Wild Turkey I almost bought when I was in Florida. Costco had it. I bought Russels Reserve instead.I will look into Wild Turkey again.
    Thank you.

If Costco has that Wild Turkey buy it all...Yellow Spot is one of Middletons best IMO.....
    "We all know real when we hear it"

The Wild Turkey, Costco had as a promo. I remember the markings on the bottle. It wasn't any special deal it was within a couple of dollars of ABC Liquors. Not even enough dollars to warrant walking back across the street.

The pict I sent is one of The Masters Keep...limited release....if they have it get it all!

I'm turning 65 in few weeks and they want to buy me a nice bottle for my birthday. Currently I'm thinking of Crown Royal XR. Do you have any suggestions?
    other options I thought of before I landed on the XR was Middletons very rare and Whistle pig.
    Happy 65th!! for bourbon? just about anything from the house of Buffalo Trace http://www.buffalotracedistillery.com/brands/eagle-rare
    THE source for Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, EH Taylor, et al, among many iconic bourbons. If you fancy Scotch or Irish whisk(e)y you're on your own, I pretty much only consume the American variety. I think the King has suggested a few but if you ask him what he thinks about my opinions, I'm "clueless" about such things

Thank you for the good wishes. Buffalo Trace is my go to bourbon. Eagle rare especially the older stuff if you can get it. I have a bottle of Eagle rare 17yr old in the file cabinet that is my real special occasion Burbon.

Ok this is sinking in now. I will see if there is any left. Thanks for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by puroagave View Post
    Happy 65th!! for bourbon? just about anything from the house of Buffalo Trace http://www.buffalotracedistillery.com/brands/eagle-rare
    THE source for Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, EH Taylor, et al, among many iconic bourbons. If you fancy Scotch or Irish whisk(e)y you're on your own, I pretty much only consume the American variety. I think the King has suggested a few but if you ask him what he thinks about my opinions, I'm "clueless" about such things
    Well u surely don't know dick about glassware.....

Bought this after tasting with our Wine Seller but just noticed the Vinyl Record Label

Attached Images Attached Images
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -
    Rotel RCD-1572 / Rega P3 > Luxman 505UX Mark II > Fyne Audio F502SPs > Synergistic Cables

Secondary - OPPO 93 > VAC CLA 1 MKII Pre > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables

Bought this after tasting with our Wine Seller but just noticed the Vinyl Record Label

Attached Images Attached Images
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -
    Rotel RCD-1572 / Rega P3 > Luxman 505UX Mark II > Fyne Audio F502SPs > Synergistic Cables

Secondary - OPPO 93 > VAC CLA 1 MKII Pre > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables

Three shots of espresso in my hot mocha right now. In Queenstown NZ and I understand why there are so many Cafes. It's Cold.

Last night was Cloudy Bay “Pelorus 2010” Sparkling.

Audioshark

My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post

I don’t know this one but I like Côtes du Rhône

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    That is the good stuff.

fullsizeoutput_6ee.jpeg

Don and I are enjoying a rainy afternoon listening to music

I was to lazy to walk down a take a picture of the bottle. Still have half a glass.
    Synology 1019D+ - SGC Sonictransporter I9 w Roon/HQ Player- UltraRendu- PBD Stream IF to Playback Designs MPS5 via fiber optic - ARC 40th Anniversary Pre - ARC 610 T's - Martin Logan CLX's - 4 Martin Logan Depth i Subs - Shunyata Hydra, DIY PCOCC interconnects, speaker cables and power cords with Furutech terminations. Blue Jeans CAT 6's. Acoustically treated room with one permanent chair.

Quote Originally Posted by brad225 View Post
    fullsizeoutput_6ee.jpeg

Don and I are enjoying a rainy afternoon listening to music

I was to lazy to walk down a take a picture of the bottle. Still have half a glass.
    I have this on my bar. This is the good stuff for Tequila. My favourite is
    CLASE AZUL AÑEJO.
    Repasodo works as well when Anejo is not in cards.

I live in Portland, OR neighborhood, and the Willamette Valley is just a short drive away. There are a few really well regarded Pinot producers, some contending with the best of from Burgundy. That said, I tend to shy away from Pinot as it tends to have a bit of a sweeter profile (red cherries, red raspberries, strawberries) compared dark fruit profile of Cabernet, syrah, etc. I do appreciate (as I experience more truly great Pinot) jus how expressive a grape it is.

A couple months back, before the China virus, my wife and I attended a wine dinner for a local charity. There we were introduced to a Pinot producer that absolutely blew me away. I don’t even consider it Pinot as the wine is simply stunning it its complexity and layering.

A739EC5E-C60F-4E31-9557-F20886FF1E57.jpeg9B36BE78-F493-4990-87D3-2B3B19C365C6.jpeg
    The parent vineyard has 128 acres under vine, but the “Rose & Arrow” label represents only 7.5 acres, from which they produce 7 wines from 7 different parcels. Very limited production. The wine shown is the entry to their amazing wines.

A good and dear friend who has wine knowledge of a level 2 or 3 sommelier wrote this after I sent him a bottle:

My tasting note are thus: Seductive, angelic, enchanting, heavenly, mesmerizing! Rich red raspberry, ripe blueberry on the nose and palate with a hint of rainier cherry on the front. As the wine opens after a few minutes you’re connected with the mineral foundations of the earth - bedrock - finished on the back of the palate with light cedar and dominatrix leather! Feminine and strength to be sure.

and...

My favorite Pinot Noir ever to be sure. Like sitting down with Margaret Thatcher and Winston Churchill for a lengthy discussion over dinner and an evening!

Remarkable and rare, if you love wine never pass an opportunity to taste this.

Hey neighbor,
    I think we got few bottles of the golden rose from pairing portland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have this on my bar. This is the good stuff for Tequila. My favourite is
    CLASE AZUL AÑEJO.
    Repasodo works as well when Anejo is not in cards.
    My favorite tequila also. Stores around me have been out of it for a while. My first world problem I had to buy a bottle of 1942. I am fortunate to be able to.
    Synology 1019D+ - SGC Sonictransporter I9 w Roon/HQ Player- UltraRendu- PBD Stream IF to Playback Designs MPS5 via fiber optic - ARC 40th Anniversary Pre - ARC 610 T's - Martin Logan CLX's - 4 Martin Logan Depth i Subs - Shunyata Hydra, DIY PCOCC interconnects, speaker cables and power cords with Furutech terminations. Blue Jeans CAT 6's. Acoustically treated room with one permanent chair.

Today is my work 18th anniversary, it is also the same day my dad passed away. Tonight I am enjoying some Chimay Grand Reserve

-----------------
    Brian

Main System -

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team