Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: heeelllloooooo....????

Quote Originally Posted by fjn04 View Post
    Got it... I doubt that too, considering the high price of these. I'm sure the WE's would take me closer. More detailed, holographic, natural.... In the mean time, I think the Parallel SET, as it has been used in the Dy'quem, is quite special. Serves up Nick Drake, to Joni, and then from Led Zeppelin to Sabbath in a very even handed way, and allows me to enjoy just about everything I throw at it. Carlos, hope all is well with you my friend. (-:
    If you're after that, you should use other tubes! WE is not famous for making the highest resolution and biggest soundstage tubes. They have their special flavor of sound and thats what they are famous for!
    To parallel tubes doesn't even improve on resolution. It improves on other fields of sound.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithR View Post
    Yes, I'm not sure why people complain about dealers/importers doing their job. It actually saves the audiophile $ over the long-term but whatever...
    I love the all the brands he carries. So much musical stuff rather than hi-fi stuff. I admit that he has a wonderful taste of gear.

However, if he doesn’t sell the speakers, Shindo isn’t a fit for it except some Altec speakers. I went through this with Tannoy Westminster GR’s. He told me and Mike Tannoy Westministers weren’t a fit for Shindo amps. So we emailed Shindo Japan and they said their amps would be fine with Tannoy Westministers and told us to enjoy what we have. So seriously whatever.... ( nothing against with you Keith I truly believe you have a wonderful taste of gear as well)
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    If you're after that, you should use other tubes! WE is not famous for making the highest resolution and biggest soundstage tubes. They have their special flavor of sound and thats what they are famous for!
    To parallel tubes doesn't even improve on resolution. It improves on other fields of sound.
    Lol !

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
    Shindo, Nagra, Electrocompaniet, Harbeth, AMR, Mc Intosh, Auditorium 23, Rega, DeVore, JC Verdier, WireWorld, Kimber

Muhahahahaha
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bumping!

ive been gone a few years. Still have my exact same system.

Latours, we300b amps, Giscours preamp, 301 Shindo tt system, Shindo we861 step up (only one other made also have a a23 homage but don’t use it) and Shindo misco stuff like cables and mr T. (Where did that name come from?)

no desire to change ever. I’m not that type once things get locked down and I don’t have to consider other options.

I live in Sf and nyc if anyone ever has a get together. Miss the old crowd especially from AA where I had been banned (freestone)

Shindo has gone.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Thanks Don. It’s so sad they discounted the D’Yquem. It would be my first choice. Being said that since I never heard the Cortese 300B wondering if they still keeping the Shindo house sound.

How would you compare with your D’Yquem ? Thanks again

P.S : One of my friend selling his D’Yquem so very tempting if you say it’s better than Cortese300b
    Paul, you know someone in Canada selling the D’Yquem? Id like to compare them with Cortese 300b. My speakers are Avantgarde Duo, preamp is Allnic L3000

Veah, that Shindo rocks!

Hey,

This is my first post and I'm sorry. English is not my native language.

I have a Monbrison and am thinking of upgrading to Vosne Romanee.

In October/2010 Art Dudley (I was very sad when he passed away... I shared his love for Shindo gear) posted an extremely enthusiastic review of the Vosne Romanee.

On that date, he justified the high price of the VR on the basis of some very good quality NOS components.

Furthermore, in the unit under review, the tubes were: C3m, EF800, 6072, 6189 and 6X4 (rectifier).

I found some Vosne manuals online dating back to 2015, and it looks like it has been "updated". According to this manual, we have new tubes: C3m, 6EJ7, 12AU7, 12AX7 without rectifier tube.

Someone could compare that version (tested by Art) with this new version (2015)? Would the new version also make AD so excited?

Someone knows if the 2022 version still same from the 2015?

And about NOS components? Can still be found in the new VR?

Best.

Audioshark

Paging Walter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Hi Mike,

Are you suggesting I contact Mr. Walter?

Best.

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Dinho View Post
    Hi Mike,

Are you suggesting I contact Mr. Walter?

Best.
    Yes, he’s our resident Shindo expert.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Thanks.

A few days ago I sent him a personal message but so far no response.

His last activity on the forum was almost a year ago.

I'll wait a little longer.

Best regards.

Did send you a PM, Dinho.
    Sorry for not checking more often this forum.

Dear Mr. Walter,

Thanks for the kind reply. I will read it now.

PS: answered with a new message.

Best regards.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

heeelllloooooo....????