heeelllloooooo....???? - Page 3
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: heeelllloooooo....????

There are s

Post Thanks / Like

I have been enjoying my Shindo gear for 5 years now and never had any urge to switch to anything else. First time in my life I am still as enamoured with the sound as I was when I first discovered Shindo. More so in fact!! I haven’ been on this forum for years and was reminded of it as someone sent me a question about my amps. Without a doubt the most musical high end gear I have ever owned (and I have owned a lot of good gear). To the ‘HATERS’ out there, get a life!! Us Shindo owners are music lovers first, gear traders and forum junkies last.
    Shindo D'Yquem's
    Shindo Vosne Romanee
    Devore 0/96
    Luxman PD-171
    Dynavector xx2 MkII
    Mac Mini
    Luxman DA-06
    Magnum Dynalab MD107t
    Shindo and A23 Cables

J.J.

3. Thanks joeinid thanked for this post
    Likes Dth31, joeinid liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

So happy for you J.J., thank you for the update. I’d love to hear Shindo on my Duos. Mike and Paul still talk about Shindo gear they have owned or heard. Still at the top of their all time favorite systems. Maybe I’ll finally look into a demo.
    Joe

Avantgarde Duo XD, JBL L100 (orange), Luxman MQ-300, JBL 4312SE 70th Anniversary,
    Pass XA25, McIntosh MCLK12, Job INTegrated, Cary 300B SE, JBL 4367, Revel Studio 2, JBL 4312D, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber Kables, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables, Burmester 948, Linear Tube Audio MZ2, Bricasti M1SE, Naim Supernait 2, Lumin U1 mini.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    So happy for you J.J., thank you for the update. Iíd love to hear Shindo on my Duos. Mike and Paul still talk about Shindo gear they have owned or heard. Still at the top of their all time favorite systems. Maybe Iíll finally look into a demo.
    Joe....
    I just sold my Shindo Corton Charlemagne Q monoblocks. The buyer is in Netherlands and must make the trip to Paris to pick them up.
    My guess is that I probably made my biggest mistake by selling those amps.
    The reason why I sold them ?
    In my main system I can use 2 very different amplifiers. Like Shane.
    -300B WE SET monoblocks : a bit faster and transparent and refined than the CCQs.
    -Accuphase A65 amp : can stay on all the time, for cats, ambiance music, movies and for music very difficult and needing lots of power and grip. Not as good as the CCQs but more polyvalent and no tubes.
    If I had to have only one amp, the CCQs would stay here. They are actually the good compromise between my SS amp and the little 300B SETs.
    If you're looking for natural and sweet sound, there are not many brands able to come next to Shindo's level. Their performance is just stellar.

Envoyť de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
    Shindo, Nagra, Electrocompaniet, Harbeth, AMR, Mc Intosh, Auditorium 23, Rega, DeVore, JC Verdier, WireWorld, Kimber

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Jerome. My friend Paul talks so highly about Shindo. He and Mike loved them on his Tannoy Westies. Now with his Duo Mezzo, he’s demoing a lot of different gear. I know he misses his Shindo immensely. I’m looking for musical and sweet, not necessarily transparent. I think my Luxman MQ300 is probably the one, especially with the standard Takatsuki 300b tubes.

Now with my super efficient Duos, I’m excited to experience different SET tube amps. This is all exciting to me.

Congratulations on your Shindo sale.
    Joe

Avantgarde Duo XD, JBL L100 (orange), Luxman MQ-300, JBL 4312SE 70th Anniversary,
    Pass XA25, McIntosh MCLK12, Job INTegrated, Cary 300B SE, JBL 4367, Revel Studio 2, JBL 4312D, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber Kables, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables, Burmester 948, Linear Tube Audio MZ2, Bricasti M1SE, Naim Supernait 2, Lumin U1 mini.

7. Thanks Jerome W thanked for this post
    Likes Jerome W liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll chime in on this one. Haven't been here for a while. As a long time Shindo owner I really have no interest in learning about other gear any longer. It was a bit of a revolving door for me until I took the Shindo plunge. Always looking to change the sound in my system in some way to please my ears. My life is busy and when I do have time to listen the Shindo gives me the opportunity to just listen to music with out feeling the need to want to change the sound. I take exception to Walters comment that Shindo owners are wealthy professionals with their noses up in the air. I am a blue collar worker that is fortunate enough to be able to enjoy quality audio gear in my free time. Not all Shindo systems are worth hundreds of thousands. I've met quite a few Shindo owners in person and they are as warm and welcoming a group of people as any. Jonathan and Matt are cut from the same cloth. They both have a life long passion for audio that shows in their comittment to their products and their customers. To say they are in it for the money is ridiculous. I will never sell my Shindo. It will some day belong to my children.
    By the way, Audioshark is a wonderful forum.
    DALE

Main system: Shindo Masseto, Shindo Cortese, Devore Orangutan O/96, Thorens TD125 MkII by Artisan Fidelity, Ortofon RS-309D, Ortofon SPU Classic, W4S modded Sonos, Metrum dac, Shindo
    and Auditorium A23 cables.
    Second system: Leben CS300XS, Devore Super 8's, W4S modded Sonos,Metrum dac, A23 cables

9. Thanks Mike thanked for this post
    Likes Jerome W liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

heeelllloooooo....????

The Cortese 300B and newer Monbrison. Anyone actually heard this combo yet ? Iím very interesting in these particular combo since canít afford the WE300B monoís
    Paul

Post Thanks / Like

Paul

Are your speakers JH approved?
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon Dl-301 Mk II, Vista Audio Phono 2, Nuprime CDT-8, Lumin D1 w/Sbooster, PS Audio DirectStream DAC w/Bridge II, BHK Preamp with BHK 250 amp or Kinki EX-M1, Nola KO's, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Dueland IC's and SC, Triode Wire Labs PC's, Equi=Core 1800, PI Audio Uberbuss, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, W4S Recovery with iPower, Nuprime DAC-10, Nuprime ST-10, Spatial Audio Triode Master, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Audio Sensibility SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Paul

Are your speakers JH approved?
    That’s a great question.
    Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Who said this? A four-year-old child could understand this! Run out and find me a four-year-old child.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast