Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Do you use an integrated in your main system?

Quote Originally Posted by TrisHCl View Post
    I used to support the idea of separated systems consisting classically of a DAC connected to a pre-amp that in turn is connected to a power amp. I've read so many reviews that such a system is superior to integrated systems is well matched.

Well, two weeks ago I strolled through town and visited a few local HiFi dealers. At one place I saw a Devialet 120 demo model on display. A nice, shiny, attractive flat box with its stunning remote control. Out of curiosity, I asked the dealer (whom I know for a long time) if he was willing to lend me system for the weekend. It so happens that I was allowed to test the system for an entire week!

Back at my place, I plugged my speakers and my Aurender N100H into the Devialet and listened to some music. Instantaneously, I realised that this sleek pizza box left my system far behind!

An absolutely gorgeous sound emanated from my speakers, highly resolved, warm, without any glare. The amp is extremely fast, and a joy to listen to!

Imagine: forgetting about all those cables that one needs to connect a complicated system, and here I was: a fantastic all-in-one system. It is configurable via internet, and the icing on the cake is the SAM (speaker active matching). I downloaded the SAM file for my ATC SCM11s, copied it onto the SD card and then to my Devialet. My ATCs definitely profited considerably from SAMing.

The decision to keep the Devialet was done almost instantaneously. A week later I bought it from the dealer and it was the best decision I ever made in my audio life!

So, do I use an integrated in my main system? YES! I am even thinking of having my Devialet upgraded to the next level. Fantastic system it is!

I wonder how much $$ worth of separates it would take to seriously beat the Devialet Expert 1000 monos.

Quote Originally Posted by Thieliste View Post
    I wonder how much $$ worth of separates it would take to seriously beat the Devialet Expert 1000 monos.
    Probably priceless!!!

The divalet’s from experience are very good and competitive as monoblocs , not so much as stereo amps, this was confirmed by numerous A/B compares ..

regards

Quote Originally Posted by Thieliste View Post
    Depends who you ask. Like everything audio they have their proponents and detractors.

I do like the concept.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's MxV’s & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi APEX DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata
    Power Conditioner - Shunyata Everest

I have an integrated amp in my main system, nothing too expensive.
    Copland CSA-29. About 85watts into 8 ohms, speakers are 92dB efficiency so can go quite loud if I want to.
    I also use an integrated amp on my PC, a Denon PMA 250-II from the 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by still-one View Post
    Depends who you ask. Like everything audio they have their proponents and detractors.

I do like the concept.

I heard the 1000 monos when we visited an audio buddy in Washington (UK) in August last year.
    Driving Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, they produced a wonderful sound.
    We could enjoy that system for 3 days.
    Yes, they're good!
    Vivid Audio - Burmester - Hegel - Marantz - Oppo - Pioneer 60" - Wireworld

Quote Originally Posted by bart View Post
    I heard the 1000 monos when we visited an audio buddy in Washington (UK) in August last year.
    Driving Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, they produced a wonderful sound.
    We could enjoy that system for 3 days.
    Yes, they're good!
    I have heard them with Magicos, Giya G3, B&W and Focal.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's MxV’s & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi APEX DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata
    Power Conditioner - Shunyata Everest

I got into this hobby by using integrated amps for the first few years, but eventually I couldn't resist the temptation of trying separates, preamps, monoblocks etc. I have just recently gone back to a highly minimalistic integrated setup and couldn't be happier. In my perspective I decided to "scale down, while scaling up".

I think that I learned a lot along the way with my separates though, I figured out what I like and don't, what my preferences are, what direction I want to go and I simply would not want to have anything of that un-done. I don't regret anything, each and every step has been a joy and very educational for myself. Of course it would have been more cost effective to just go downhill the right integrated at once and be all set, but how fun would that have been, and how do you know what you want without trying?

Are integrated better than separates? Probably not, most manufactures top models are separates and probably so for a reason, but how much better are they? And there's also the impact by external cables and other things that are relevant when summing it all up. I also believe in evolution and technical progress, that more and better things can be achieved with smaller footprint with time. What they learn by building the separates can hopefully eventually be compressed into integrated solutions.

In the end it's all about enjoying the music though...
    Speakers: Kroma Thais. Amplifier: Ypsilon Phaethon. Digital: LampizatOr Baltic 3, Lumin U1 Mini. Analog: MoFi Ultradeck, PS Audio Stellar Phono.
    Other: Audio-Technica ART9XI, Ansuz, Vertere, Sablon Audio USB/Ethernet/DC, Paul Hynes, IsoAcoustic, UpTone EtherREGEN.

using an Yamaha AS2100.

I have a PrimaLuna Premium Dialogue HP integrated and love it! Sounds far better than my previous Pass Labs INT 150. (Richer, warmer, simply more realistic.)
    B&W803D3; McIntosh MA9000 integrated amp; Esoteric K-03 SACD/CD player; VPI Prime Signature/Ortofon Cadenza Bronze; Sennheiser HD800S and AudezeLCD-XC headphones

When I started moving toward higher-end about 9 years ago, I got an Accuphase E-202 integrated. Then moved to a Gato DIA-250 integrated, followed by separates.

Now I'm back to using an integrated, the Lyngdorf TDAI 3400.
    Antipodes EX…Schiit Yggdrasil...Coda 07x…Peachtree GaN400...Vivid V1.5
    Intona Premium USB…Cerious Graphene Extreme XLR...Double Helix Cables Chaperone XLR...Acoustic Revive SPC-PA
    Torus RM15...Shunyata Alpha HC…Mad Scientist First...HF Reveal...XLO Ref 3

I was a big fan of super integrateds, but now have kept it simple using a TVC w/ 2 channel tube amp. I think I'm getting better sound for the same $.

Still want to try a Viva Solista at some point for fun. There was a smoking good looking used one in blue that I probably should have picked up for a spin. I joke that if I ever get a headphone setup, the Egoista would be mine
    Brinkmann Bardo w/ EMT HSD-006 cart, MSB Reference DAC --> Linear Tube Audio MicroZOTL --> Ampzilla 2000, 2nd Edition --> Fyne Audio F1-12

I think most companies that make both integrateds and separates would say that they couldn't make separates with comparable specs/quality as their integrateds (e.g., Gryphon). These folks typically offer separates toward the higher end of their product lines for those who are willing to pay for greater performance and flexibility.

I’m using a Simaudio Moon Evolution 600i v2.
    Modwright KWH 225i + PH 9.0 - Rega P8 + Ania Pro - Audiolab 9000CDT - Elac AF-61/Gaia II - Luna Cable Mauve

Quote Originally Posted by PierreB View Post
    I’m using a Simaudio Moon Evolution 600i v2.
    Hi Pierre, I’d love to see some pics of your Moon (and system). I was oh so close to pulling the trigger on a Moon integrated after being impressed with one at a dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sean

Lumin T2
    Gryphon Diablo 333
    Magico A3 w/ A-Pods
    AudioQuest Hurricane HC
    Shunyata PS8 & Defender & Cabling
    HRS E1

A lot of manufacturers are producing some very high-end integrateds. CH Precision, T+A, Dag, etc....
    T+A MP3100HV, T+A PA3100HV. Custom made Furutech cables with ETP-609 distributor with NCF outlets, Harbeth 40.2 Anniversaries.

IMG_122688r.jpg

Tierra, not based on bipolar, mosfet or tube.

Yes. I just bought a McIntosh MA9000, which will replace my Primaluna Premium Dialogue HP. (It's for sale in the "Selling Audio Gear: Integrateds" thread.)
    B&W803D3; McIntosh MA9000 integrated amp; Esoteric K-03 SACD/CD player; VPI Prime Signature/Ortofon Cadenza Bronze; Sennheiser HD800S and AudezeLCD-XC headphones

3b2.jpg

3b1.jpg

Tri B Oberton based on the 6C33C tube.

Together with Tierra they're the best sounding amps I've ever heard.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard View Post

Tri B Oberton based on the 6C33C tube.

Together with Tierra they're the best sounding amps I've ever heard.
    Never heard of these. Couldn’t find them from a Google search. Can you post a link to learn more?

I moved from separates to an integrated about 4 years ago. Began with a McIntosh MA???? for a short time then the Accuphase E470 and now an E650. As I’ve gotten older I appreciate the simplicity and don’t feel like I’m sacrificing any sound quality. Although some of that might be that my hearing is not what it used to be.
    Gary
    Main: Lumin A1, Accuphase E-650, Tannoy Canterbury GR, Shunyata, Audience
    Secondary: Lumin M1, Linton Heritage, Shunyata, Audience

I'm currently using the Bel Canto Black EX integrated and it is easily the best integrated amp I've lived with long-term. The only one I have experience with that I've liked better is the Bel Canto ACI 600, but it retails for $10K USD more than the Black EX. Lots of companies producing fantastic integrated amps these days. I'm definitely seeing a growing tendency of customers leaning towards a high-end integrated vs separates.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Everest Audio
    www.everestaudio.com
    Facebook

bel canto, Hegel, Vimberg, Opera, MoFi, Acoustic Energy, JL Audio, Innuos, Vertere, Meze Audio, Origin Live, GutWire, Wireworld, Furutech, IsoAcoustics and more

Ayon Crossfire III for last 4 years, before previous Crossfire iterations.
    Imho perfect match with Duo Mezzo XD
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Aurender W20->Lampizator Pacific SE/Audio Aero La Fontaine->Ayon Crossfire III or Circle Labs A100-> Avantgarde Acoustic Trio LE 26, 4x REL Carbon Special Subwoofers
    Analog : Fat Bob S with SME 5, Shelter Harmony, Tom Evans Groove+ SRX mk2, Muarah PSC with InteliClamp
    cabling: Duelund DCA 16GA, Acrolink, Vovox, Siltech, Transparent, Audio Phase , NxLT The Flame, FTA Callisto and Sinope usb, Fadel Art , Argentum , REL Bassline Blue

HT : Sony HW 50 ES, Oppo 93 EU, Darbee DVP-5000 ,Yamaha Aventage RX-A 3010 , B&W 9.1, screen 120 inches matt white

I received my MA9000 about a month ago--love it! The clarity and details are superb, and I don't notice much of a lack of warmth compared to my former PrimaLuna (which I sold)...except when I touch the Mc--it's barely lukewarm even after hours of use!!

I love the look of the big Mac integrateds. Enjoy!

Sean

Lumin T2
    Gryphon Diablo 333
    Magico A3 w/ A-Pods
    AudioQuest Hurricane HC
    Shunyata PS8 & Defender & Cabling
    HRS E1

Quote Originally Posted by Bachtoven View Post
    I have a PrimaLuna Premium Dialogue HP integrated and love it! Sounds far better than my previous Pass Labs INT 150. (Richer, warmer, simply more realistic.)
    wow thats interesting , pass labs have such a high resolution. must get to hear one of these primaluna , one of my friends has used them for years
    1]bel canto EIX/ F5 monoblocks . BC cd2, tannoy eaton legacy 2]bel canto pre 5 ,arcam a85 , black ice modded dac
    modded dac , marantz sa8005, Verity audio Rienzi

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    wow thats interesting , pass labs have such a high resolution. must get to hear one of these primaluna , one of my friends has used them for years
    As you see from my recent post, I don't have either one! I prefer the Mc to both the Pass and the PL.

Still using a Rogue Cronus Magnum to drive Quads. I enjoy it as much as or more than my Pass XP20 preamp and Pass power amps.

I got to test drive the Hegel H590 in my system, a dynamic amp driving dynamic speakers. It's an impressive unit and has me thinking about getting one. So I'd have to sell off my separates to go integrated.

It is a bit to think about all in one box as tech improves. Looks like the 590 can receive firmware upgrades though.
    Aurender ACS10 w/Audioquest Diamond USB, Esoteric N05xd
    Mark Levinson #526, 534 & JBL 4367's
    Clearaudio Performance DC w/Maestro cart
    Clarus Concerto & their Crimson cables

HT: Marantz AV8003, Linn 5125, JBL SAM3ha, Revel s30,
    SVS PC13 Ultra
    Transparent, Analysis Plus & Tributaries. PS Audio filtering
    Sony XBR-75X940D & BDP
    Parasound P6, MBL 8006b, Artisan speakers/subwoofer

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody View Post
    I got to test drive the Hegel H590 in my system, a dynamic amp driving dynamic speakers. It's an impressive unit and has me thinking about getting one. So I'd have to sell off my separates to go integrated.

It is a bit to think about all in one box as tech improves. Looks like the 590 can receive firmware upgrades though.

I've read only good things about the H590.
    The DAC it has also receives the highest praise.

How did you find the DAC in the H590 compared to the HD30?
    PRIMARY 2 CH SYSTEM: Backert Labs Rhythm 1.3; Parasound JC3+ Phono pre; Luxman M900u; Pure Fidelity Harmony with Origin Live Illustrious tonearm and PF Stratos cart; Naim NDX 2; Naim 555PS; Innuos Zen MK III (Roon Core); EtherRegen; Volti Audio Rivals; JL Audio e112 (2); Transparent Super Speaker Cables; Transparent Super interconnects; Transparent Premium & High Performance power cables; Naim Fraim; Stillpoints Ultra SS; Symposium Ultra platforms; IsoTek EVO3 Sigmas conditioner; GIK Acoustics absorption and diffusion panels

The 590 DAC is much better than the 360, as is everything else with the 590. The 590 has great resolution, it's more open than the 360 and not quite as dark, high end is more extended, incredibly powerful bass. The soundstage is extremely taut and controlled which provides an exciting presentation of any type of music from Classical to Rock. It is not forgiving of a bad recording. If some of the traits of the 590 trickle down Hegel will become even more of a force to be dealt with.

With all that said, the 590 is neutral and honest, not the amp for those wanting warm and fuzzy. The type of amp for delivering top notch dynamics and transients, with the bass you can feel. Vocals are highly intelligible and have an in the room feel but due to transparency, lack a bit of that warmth for flesh, as can be said for a lot of more neutral solid state. Still easy enough for me personally to listen to.

In short, the only thing in common between the 360 and 590 is name and looks. I probably shouldn't say this, but, in same price range and configuration the 590 is in another league from the Levinson 585. I haven't been this impressed with a hi fi product since the ARC 160M's nearly jolted me out of my chair at Axpona.

Consider as well this is with my JBL which I consider to be flat and dynamic speakers. Even with my friend's Revel 228B where he first had a 360 I could tell the 590 was a big step up and cut from different cloth.

Quote Originally Posted by JSQT View Post
    How did you find the DAC in the H590 compared to the HD30?

SVS PC13 Ultra
    Sony XBR-75X940D & BDP

Thanks - that's definitely a glowing review... I have not heard/read much real-world feedback about the 590. I do know that Hegel themselves have told me that the DAC in the HD30 is superior to the DAC in the 360, but I was curious about the HD30 (standalone DAC) versus the DAC in the 590 integrated.

I own a Luxman 509X integrated and I'm curious about how the performance of the 509X paired with the Hegel HD30 DAC would stack up against the standalone Hegel 590. I'm very happy with the Luxman integrated. I also have a Luxman DA-06 DAC and I'm still on the fence about whether or not I prefer it to my HD30.
    PRIMARY 2 CH SYSTEM: Backert Labs Rhythm 1.3; Parasound JC3+ Phono pre; Luxman M900u; Pure Fidelity Harmony with Origin Live Illustrious tonearm and PF Stratos cart; Naim NDX 2; Naim 555PS; Innuos Zen MK III (Roon Core); EtherRegen; Volti Audio Rivals; JL Audio e112 (2); Transparent Super Speaker Cables; Transparent Super interconnects; Transparent Premium & High Performance power cables; Naim Fraim; Stillpoints Ultra SS; Symposium Ultra platforms; IsoTek EVO3 Sigmas conditioner; GIK Acoustics absorption and diffusion panels

I have a HD30, the DAC in the 590 is better. The 590 DAC is more open, Highs are more extended and forward in the mix, more importantly the 590 DAC is more resolving. I also feel the 590 DAC is slightly more smooth.

I haven't heard a Luxman. The HD30 is amazingly quiet, it's a good DAC, the 590 DAC is just a step forward for Hegel and adds more value to the 590. I was exploring what I might get if I sold some of my gear to get a 590.

Quote Originally Posted by JSQT View Post
    Thanks - that's definitely a glowing review... I have not heard/read much real-world feedback about the 590. I do know that Hegel themselves have told me that the DAC in the HD30 is superior to the DAC in the 360, but I was curious about the HD30 (standalone DAC) versus the DAC in the 590 integrated.

I own a Luxman 509X integrated and I'm curious about how the performance of the 509X paired with the Hegel HD30 DAC would stack up against the standalone Hegel 590. I'm very happy with the Luxman integrated. I also have a Luxman DA-06 DAC and I'm still on the fence about whether or not I prefer it to my HD30.

SVS PC13 Ultra
    Sony XBR-75X940D & BDP

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody View Post
    I have a HD30, the DAC in the 590 is better. The 590 DAC is more open, Highs are more extended and forward in the mix, more importantly the 590 DAC is more resolving. I also feel the 590 DAC is slightly more smooth.

I haven't heard a Luxman. The HD30 is amazingly quiet, it's a good DAC, the 590 DAC is just a step forward for Hegel and adds more value to the 590. I was exploring what I might get if I sold some of my gear to get a 590.

This is what I read also: the H590 DAC is better than the HD30.
    For 9,999€ here, I find the Hegel an attractive offer: top DAC, pre and power in one cable-saving device!

I am at a crossroads with my system. I have been contemplating selling my separates and going with an integrated for the past year. I am intrigued by this thread and have been looking at a Mac MA8000. I have seen a few used that are in my wheel house as far as cost. Anyone have any thoughts on this Mac?

Alternatively, I am considering buying a Don Sachs SP-14 tube preamp to see how it compares to my BAT VK-51se. And then I would probably sell my Pass X250 and buy a used X250.5. Or upgrade my DAC.

Call me confused!
    My Gear- Mains System-Pass X250 amp, BAT VK-51se preamp, Luxman DA-06 DAC, Magnepan 1.6's, Thorens TD-145 TT, Dual Martin Logan Subs, Vintage Luxman T-110 Tuner, Cables-WW Platinum 7 USB, Cardas Parsec XLR, AQ Columbia DBS 72v XLR, Belden 8402 XLR.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Hi Pierre, I’d love to see some pics of your Moon (and system). I was oh so close to pulling the trigger on a Moon integrated after being impressed with one at a dealer.

Hi Sean, sorry for my late reply. As you can see, I don’t come here very often. I can’t post photos of my system but I have a Moon Evolution 600i v2, a Moon Néo 260D cd player, a Moon 310LP and 320 S phono, a Rega Planar 8 with Apheta2 and a pair of Elac Adante AF-61(in white). All the cables are from Bis Audio.
    Have a nice week.
    Modwright KWH 225i + PH 9.0 - Rega P8 + Ania Pro - Audiolab 9000CDT - Elac AF-61/Gaia II - Luna Cable Mauve

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post

Or, could you be content with “just” an integrated?

my audio journey began over forty years ago with an integrated and as the speculation of downsizing draws near I see myself returning. Having listened to this unit I too am optimistic as to what is available out there .........

http://www.rogueaudio.com/Products_Pharaoh.htm
    Cheers ! …. Dave

Do you use an integrated in your main system?

After years with separates with mono blocks. Now I’m only interested in Integrated amp it just makes life easier without losing anything. Currently on a Kondo and Accuphase int amp.
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    After years with separates with mono blocks. Now I’m only interested in Intergrade amp it just makes life easier without losing anything. Currently on a Kondo and Accuphase int amp.
    Agree. After Pass, Ayre, Bryston and Electrocompanient separates over the years, I now use Gryphon Diablo 300 and have no desire to go back.

I understand the desire to have a more simplified system by using an integrated in place of separates.
    Avoiding the mix and match of trying to get individual pieces to play well together. Along with all of the additional cable combinations.
    I however question having the DAC as an integral part of it.
    While Pre and power amps continue to improve, it is the digital side that makes the larger steps in quality at a quicker pace.
    Even with the ability to download digital upgrades it seems that this section is still the choke point of this all inclusive design.
    I like the approach from Vinnie Rossi where he uses plug-in modules for DAC, tube buffer etc.
    With this approach, as chips,OS,clocks etc change, the unit can be upgraded with a new replacement plug-in.
    My System
    Acoustic Revive RTP-4
    Innuos Pulsar
    Lampizator BALTIC4
    Cary SLP-05
    Pass XA30.5 or
    Line Magnetic 845ia
    Reference 3A Reflector's
    Pr SVS SB3000 Subs
    Cables & Tubes "subject to change without notification".
    Complete system on battery power/solar
    Core Audio Design Rack
    DIY bass traps and custom curved diffusors.

Quote Originally Posted by jadedavid View Post
    I understand the desire to have a more simplified system by using an integrated in place of separates.
    Avoiding the mix and match of trying to get individual pieces to play well together. Along with all of the additional cable combinations.
    I however question having the DAC as an integral part of it.
    While Pre and power amps continue to improve, it is the digital side that makes the larger steps in quality at a quicker pace.
    Even with the ability to download digital upgrades it seems that this section is still the choke point of this all inclusive design.
    I like the approach from Vinnie Rossi where he uses plug-in modules for DAC, tube buffer etc.
    With this approach, as chips,OS,clocks etc change, the unit can be upgraded with a new replacement plug-in.
    I also do not prefer DAC to be an integral part of it, mainly because I feel analog part should be separated from digital from purely sonic point of view. And to some degree due to the pace digital is improving and it just makes it less hassle from upgradability point of view. And also because how significant digital conversion can impact the entire system with different implementation/design philosophy.

I’m not too keen on plug-in DAC modules to the INT as well, unless digital side of power supply can be completely separated and can be assured of high quality, which usually translated to real estate. It’s just hard packing everything in one box.

But do think streaming/rendering part could be part of digital to analog conversion. MSB implementation of this improves the transparency by a couple of folds in my system. Can’t say about others as I have no experience with it.

In my Man Cave I have 3 integrated amps I use on and off- all HH Scotts - a 272, 296 and 299C. My son has a 299D. Gotta love those HUGE transformers!!!

Any love for the Audio Research VS75i?

For over 30 years I had been using a Counterpoint SA 3.1 tube preamp and an Adcom GFA555 power amp. Last year I switched to a McIntosh MA252 integrated and haven't looked back. It couples so well with my Harbeth speakers.

Super Moderator

Excellent!

My brother has the MA252 and loves it. I'm sure it great with your Compact 7ES-3

Quote Originally Posted by Tubes View Post
    For over 30 years I had been using a Counterpoint SA 3.1 tube preamp and an Adcom GFA555 power amp. Last year I switched to a McIntosh MA252 integrated and haven't looked back. It couples so well with my Harbeth speakers.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Excellent!

My brother has the MA252 and loves it. I'm sure it great with your Compact 7ES-3
    To me Joe, it's a match made in heaven.

The Anthem 225 I was pretty good for the price, but the Hegel H360 is so musical. If I hadn't brought it home to try I wouldn't have thought any of my other amps or int's were lacking. Now considering going all in on the dsp8000 i'll have no need for it and there's some inner conflict going on.
    KEF Blade, Mc-611's, C49 rega jupiter, roon nucleus, revox tuner. Meridian dsp8000 se upgrade, meridian 218 zone controller VA Beethoven's, Hegel h360.

I use an Integrated in main system.
    It’s DussunS8, very powerfull amp.
    Works with Infinity Re90. As a source play another chinese - cd player Esound CD-E5se. I’m really satisfied.

had 3 integrated amps in the system in past 6 weeks . oldie amp arcam a85 which was ok ish . arcam a75 which has a warm textured sound and is rather delightful . it may not have the slam and blast of some amps but its very very engaging . then a sugden a21se pure class a in system . very muscular , bit warmer than the naim sn2 . we shall see how we get on with different speakers . i anticipate it sounding good with the tannoy eaton
    1]bel canto EIX/ F5 monoblocks . BC cd2, tannoy eaton legacy 2]bel canto pre 5 ,arcam a85 , black ice modded dac
    modded dac , marantz sa8005, Verity audio Rienzi

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team