Do you use an integrated in your main system? - Page 15
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do you use an integrated in your main system?

I understand the desire to have a more simplified system by using an integrated in place of separates.
    Avoiding the mix and match of trying to get individual pieces to play well together. Along with all of the additional cable combinations.
    I however question having the DAC as an integral part of it.
    While Pre and power amps continue to improve, it is the digital side that makes the larger steps in quality at a quicker pace.
    Even with the ability to download digital upgrades it seems that this section is still the choke point of this all inclusive design.
    I like the approach from Vinnie Rossi where he uses plug-in modules for DAC, tube buffer etc.
    With this approach, as chips,OS,clocks etc change, the unit can be upgraded with a new replacement plug-in.
    My System:
    A trusty old Pioneer PD-65 as a Transport, A MicroRendui, a Merrill Heirloom T.T. as sources. A Lampizator DAC to PAD Cables to a SP-14 Tubed PreAmp, Coincident Frankenstein 300B monoblocks, & or Valvet E-2, Fusion speaker cables, AudioKinesis Zephryn 46 Speakers. pair Rythmik F-12 subs, EP2050, DCCA Furutech and Kaplan Power cables, APC power conditioner, Two dedicated 20Amp power lines. DIY corner traps and Acoustic Geometry Curves for room treatment.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you use an integrated in your main system?

Quote Originally Posted by jadedavid View Post
    I understand the desire to have a more simplified system by using an integrated in place of separates.
    Avoiding the mix and match of trying to get individual pieces to play well together. Along with all of the additional cable combinations.
    I however question having the DAC as an integral part of it.
    While Pre and power amps continue to improve, it is the digital side that makes the larger steps in quality at a quicker pace.
    Even with the ability to download digital upgrades it seems that this section is still the choke point of this all inclusive design.
    I like the approach from Vinnie Rossi where he uses plug-in modules for DAC, tube buffer etc.
    With this approach, as chips,OS,clocks etc change, the unit can be upgraded with a new replacement plug-in.
    I also do not prefer DAC to be an integral part of it, mainly because I feel analog part should be separated from digital from purely sonic point of view. And to some degree due to the pace digital is improving and it just makes it less hassle from upgradability point of view. And also because how significant digital conversion can impact the entire system with different implementation/design philosophy.

Iím not too keen on plug-in DAC modules to the INT as well, unless digital side of power supply can be completely separated and can be assured of high quality, which usually translated to real estate. Itís just hard packing everything in one box.

But do think streaming/rendering part could be part of digital to analog conversion. MSB implementation of this improves the transparency by a couple of folds in my system. Canít say about others as I have no experience with it.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15