Do you use an integrated in your main system? - Page 12
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do you use an integrated in your main system?

When I started moving toward higher-end about 9 years ago, I got an Accuphase E-202 integrated. Then moved to a Gato DIA-250 integrated, followed by separates.

Now I'm back to using an integrated, the Lyngdorf TDAI 3400.
    Bryston BDP-2…Schiit Yggdrasil...Lyngdorf TDAI 3400…Vivid V1.5
    HF Reveal AES/EBU…Cerious Graphene Extreme XLR...Omega Mikro Planar I
    Torus RM15...Shunyata Alpha HC…Furutech Flow-28...Mad Scientist First...Voodoo Vector...HF Reveal
    Mad Scientist Blackpod footers

Post Thanks / Like

I was a big fan of super integrateds, but now have kept it simple using a TVC w/ 2 channel tube amp. I think I'm getting better sound for the same $.

Still want to try a Viva Solista at some point for fun. There was a smoking good looking used one in blue that I probably should have picked up for a spin. I joke that if I ever get a headphone setup, the Egoista would be mine
    Brinkmann Bardo w/ 47 Labs MC Bee cart, MSB Premier DAC --> Music First Baby Reference v2 --> Audio Research Ref 75SE --> DeVore Fidelity Gibbon X

3. Likes joeinid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think most companies that make both integrateds and separates would say that they couldn't make separates with comparable specs/quality as their integrateds (e.g., Gryphon). These folks typically offer separates toward the higher end of their product lines for those who are willing to pay for greater performance and flexibility.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12