Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Maze Audio Power Cords

Has anyone ever owned or listened to any of the Maze Audio products? The power cords look interesting.

http://www.mazeaudio.com/power-cables.html

Thanks
    Paul

Speakers: Von Schweikert VR-5 Anniversary MK II Front L/R, LCR-35 Center, VR-1 Rear L/R Sub: JL Audio F113
    Amps: PS Audio BHK Signature 300 Mono, McIntosh MC207 Pre-Amp PS Audio BHK Signature and Gold Note PH-10 Phono Stage/PSU-10 Power Supply
    Turntable: VPI HR-X 12.7 TONEARM (2) and SDS, Stillpoints LPI
    Tape Deck Otari 5050B II2
    Music Server: Aurender N100H
    Cartridges: Ortofon Cadenza Black, Lyra Helikon Mono Digital Source: Oppo UDP-205 DAC: Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE
    SSP: Marantz AV8801 Cables: Wireworld Electra 7 (P) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7, Shunyata Delta NR (I) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 (S)
    Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 (USB)
    AC Power Regeneration: PS Audio DirectStream P15 Power Plant and Shunyata Denali 6000s V2.

Re: Maze Audio Power Cords

Except for the 'Reference 4' model, they look interesting. It would be nice if the Hot & Neutral were a twisted pair. Wonder if they have a UL sticker?

I am waiting for an Eden that I just ordered yesterday. If you purchase directly from Kent on the website, you save $10 over the eBay storefront.

I was going to buy another Pangea cord, but in that thread a.Wayne pointed out the Maze Cables.

Will post back what I get.
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -
    Rotel RCD-1572 / Rega P3 > Luxman 505UX Mark II > Fyne Audio F502SPs > Synergistic Cables

Secondary - OPPO 93 > VAC CLA 1 MKII Pre > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables

Quote Originally Posted by Speedskater View Post
    Except for the 'Reference 4' model, they look interesting. It would be nice if the Hot & Neutral were a twisted pair. Wonder if they have a UL sticker?

I was just searching on Audio Asylum and found a thread discussing the safety of that cord. The connectors are Replicas but look to be better than the molded integral connectors on the Pangea cords.
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -
    Rotel RCD-1572 / Rega P3 > Luxman 505UX Mark II > Fyne Audio F502SPs > Synergistic Cables

Secondary - OPPO 93 > VAC CLA 1 MKII Pre > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
    I am waiting for an Eden that I just ordered yesterday. If you purchase directly from Kent on the website, you save $10 over the eBay storefront.

I was going to buy another Pangea cord, but in that thread a.Wayne pointed out the Maze Cables.

Will post back what I get.
    Thanks Brian....looking forward to your reply.
    Paul

Speakers: Von Schweikert VR-5 Anniversary MK II Front L/R, LCR-35 Center, VR-1 Rear L/R Sub: JL Audio F113
    Amps: PS Audio BHK Signature 300 Mono, McIntosh MC207 Pre-Amp PS Audio BHK Signature and Gold Note PH-10 Phono Stage/PSU-10 Power Supply
    Cartridges: Ortofon Cadenza Black, Lyra Helikon Mono Digital Source: Oppo UDP-205 DAC: Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE
    SSP: Marantz AV8801 Cables: Wireworld Electra 7 (P) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7, Shunyata Delta NR (I) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 (S)
    AC Power Regeneration: PS Audio DirectStream P15 Power Plant and Shunyata Denali 6000s V2.

Wow, I am floored right about now. I am not so sure anyone should be dealing with Kent Maze, he appears a bit touchy and irritable if you ask him any questions.

He cancelled my order and refunded my payment seconds after I emailed and asked him if I got the right tracking number because it kept telling me there was nothing to track.

You tell me, was I way off base asking about the tracking?

--------------

Hi,
    Wednesday morning I got an email with a tracking number for the shipment.
    xxxxxxxxx
    Still today when I try to track from the included link or directly on the USPS tracking page, all I get is the below message so I am trying to figure out if the package actually shipped or not.
    Tracking Number: xxxxx
    Status
    Label Created, not yet in system
    A status update is not yet available on your Priority Mail® package. It will be available when the shipper provides an update or the package is delivered to USPS. Check back soon.

Kent Maze
    7:36 AM (14 minutes ago)
    to me
    Let me explain something to you. My sons and I run Maze Audio for pleasure. It’s not a business. We are each audiophiles and very much enjoy building quality cables and components to further the hobby. We make these products available to other hobbyists to further their enjoyment. When we get overly demanding customers acting like their small purchase is somehow supposed to be a priority for us and should be pushed to the top of our list it very much takes the enjoyment out of our endeavor.

On Monday you asked about shipping I said "Assuming quick payment, the cord will probably ship Wednesday.” The PayPal invoice that you paid on Tuesday stated shipment within seven days. Today is day number two. The cord is done, packaged, and was to be dropped at the Post Office this AM. However, I have learned that demanding “customers” generally are very difficult to make happy under any circumstance. I believe you will be better served obtaining your cables elsewhere.

I have canceled your order and refunded your money in full.

to Kent
    Kent,

I was just confused about getting a tracking number that was not tracking anything. I had no idea about the size of your business. I read many reviews of your cables and decided to try one instead of another Pangea. I don't think I was a "Demanding Customer" but rather one that asks questions and becomes informed. I never demanded anything, I merely asked for information.

If this is how you are going to treat customers just making sure they didn't get a correct tracking number, I will relay this to others that are also interested in your cables. Some of who are waiting for my review of this cable.

Cheers,
    Brian

Kent Maze
    7:45 AM (5 minutes ago)

to me
    Sounds good to me. Enjoy your day
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -

Brian

IMO the guy was pretty clear in his communication it should ship by Wednesday. That would mean the tracking would probably be updated later that day/evening after the goods were picked up.
    Yet, you asked first thing in the morning if it has shipped yet when only the label had been created.

He decided life is too short and refunded your money.

Why could you not wait til Thursday to check the tracking status?
    Source: Technics SP10mk3 - Thales Simplicity II, TW Raven AC-3 - Graham Phantom, SME 3012-R, Exclusive P3,,Linn LP12 - Naim ARO
    Cartridges: Lyra Atlas Lambda SL, Lyra Etna SL, Lyra Delos, Dynavector XV-1s,Technics EPC100mk4, Ortofon A90, GM Royal, GM Classic, Denon ESC'd 103R, DL-S1, Audio Technica AT25, OC9II, Linn ESC'd Troika
    Phono Stage: Phasemation EA-1200, Accuphase C-37,TW Acustik phono
    EQ: ​DEQX HDP-4
    Preamp: D'Agostino HD, conrad johnson GAT,
    Amps: conrad johnson teflon premier 8a's, D'Agostino Momentum S250
    Speakers: Wilson Maxx3

Quote Originally Posted by XV-1 View Post
    Brian

IMO the guy was pretty clear in his communication it should ship by Wednesday. That would mean the tracking would probably later that day/evening. Yet, you asked first thing in the morning if it has shipped yet when only the label had been created.

He decided life is too short and refunded your money.

Why could you not wait til Thursday to check the tracking status?
    I got the tracking email and number early Wednesday Morning. I was unaware you could have a tracking number days before a package actually ships.

And really, is asking for verification that the tracking number was good grounds to cancel my order and treat me like that?
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -

I got the tracking email and number early Wednesday Morning. I was unaware you could have a tracking number days before a package actually ships.

And really, is asking for verification that the tracking number was good grounds to cancel my order and treat me like that?
    Brian. You asked the question on whether you were way off base on asking about the tracking number - imo yes you were.

Label Created, not yet in system
    A status update is not yet available on your Priority Mail® package. It will be available when the shipper provides an update or the package is delivered to USPS. Check back soon.
    It can be frustrating when people do not read what you have told them - and then you failed to read what USPS advised you.

Perhaps he has a point, as here you are complaining about it on the internet about a $100 cable. All he did was cancel your order and immediately refund your money - seems to be a pretty up front guy if you ask me.

regards
    Source: Technics SP10mk3 - Thales Simplicity II, TW Raven AC-3 - Graham Phantom, SME 3012-R, Exclusive P3,,Linn LP12 - Naim ARO
    Cartridges: Lyra Atlas Lambda SL, Lyra Etna SL, Lyra Delos, Dynavector XV-1s,Technics EPC100mk4, Ortofon A90, GM Royal, GM Classic, Denon ESC'd 103R, DL-S1, Audio Technica AT25, OC9II, Linn ESC'd Troika

The price of the cable is unimportant. (are you implying that if my order was for $1000 he would have treated me differently? my guess is yes) As well as complaining, I am also giving a heads up to anyone else that plans to order something from a company that's not really a company and can't just answer a simple question without getting all huffy.

I still don't see how asking to confirm a tracking number equates to Demanding Customer and a cancellation of my order.

I guess I just like to be over informed and know when to expect a delivery.
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -

No mater what it's still very poor customer service. I would take my business elsewhere and never give Maze Audio a second look.
    Paul

Looks like you are not even reading what I am writing. You might be better off dealing with a bricks n mortar company.

I would have no problems dealing with Maze audio.

This is more of a proper response....and he gave me a New Customer Discount!

"I will build it today and it will ship tomorrow. You should receive it on Monday or Tuesday. I will send you a tracking number when the cable ships.

Thank you for the business!

Patrick Cullen"
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -

This is more of a proper response....and he gave me a New Customer Discount!

"I will build it today and it will ship tomorrow. You should receive it on Monday or Tuesday. I will send you a tracking number when the cable ships.

Thank you for the business!

Patrick Cullen"
    Now that's the way to do business. Congratulations on the cables Brian!
    Paul

Brian asked a reasonable question. Those of us that ship items on a regular basis understand how a shipping label can be created yet the package not shipped or not updated in a timely manner by the shipper. However a lay person would not know this.
    For Maze audio to respond in such a manner shows poor customer relations. Perhaps they were having a bad day but that does not excuse their actions. I know from experience that some customers can be very demanding. This certainly does not appear to be one of those times.
    It's never too late for an apology. It quite often results in a lifelong customer and sometimes even a friend.
    Maze audio should review the way they treat their (customers?), before they don't have any left.
    My System
    Acoustic Revive RTP-4
    Innuos Pulsar
    Lampizator BALTIC4
    Cary SLP-05
    Pass XA30.5 or
    Line Magnetic 845ia
    Reference 3A Reflector's
    Pr SVS SB3000 Subs
    Cables & Tubes "subject to change without notification".
    Complete system on battery power/solar
    Core Audio Design Rack
    DIY bass traps and custom curved diffusors.

The original question never was answered. Has anyone heard the power cord. I have used Cullen in the past. They are good for the money. I actually have 24 feet of Cullen cable from my panel to my distribution strip and have never achieved such fine results with power distribution. Far better than Romex.

Brian, I'm on your side. All Maze needed to say was:
    "That was an automatic USPS response. We will let you know when the cables ship"

Quote Originally Posted by Speedskater View Post
    Brian, I'm on your side. All Maze needed to say was:
    "That was an automatic USPS response. We will let you know when the cables ship"
    That's exactly what I thought. It's a shame, the cords are probably decent but now we won't know.

With Cullen, the response was "I will build it today and ship it tomorrow" along with "Will send tracking when it ships"

Since I don't sell and ship a whole lot, I would never have thought that you could have a tracking number days before something ships. A tracking Number is for Tracking a Shipment, not for waiting for them to fulfill an order.
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -

Maze audio's response was totally uncalled for. I can only imagine how difficult the guy would be if there was a problem with the cable.
    My Gear- Mains System-Pass X250 amp, BAT VK-51se preamp, Luxman DA-06 DAC, Magnepan 1.6's, Thorens TD-145 TT, Dual Martin Logan Subs, Vintage Luxman T-110 Tuner, Cables-WW Platinum 7 USB, Cardas Parsec XLR, AQ Columbia DBS 72v XLR, Belden 8402 XLR.

To be honest, I turn down work by many people based upon my perception of how they will be as a client. I don't have the energy for conflict. I put all my effort into doing good work. The hard learned lessons of the past say the money is not worth it.

Also, my assumption is the Maze power cord is going to better the Cullen with the more expensive Maze options. Better plug ends make a difference. Doubling the ground and braiding also help. I would not discount trying this product based upon one sour grape story. The Cullen wire in my system works for its purpose. I did however sell the 3 sets I had feeding my equipment from my power strip and used another manufacturer. I ended up spending $250 per cord and have a little cleaner, more air, higher resolution response.

The guy from Maze was an ass. If you can't take the heat then get out of the Kitchen. Dealing with people can be difficult (And Brian was not being difficult) but you must keep your cool. I am an Emergency Medicine Physician and I deal with rude, difficult people several times per day, all the while I have to treat them with the utmost respect and a smile on my face even though I am screaming inside. I once had a patient that had some minor complaint such as a cold and I had been in the room about 30 seconds when a cardiac arrest rolled in. I apologized to the patient and told them that I had to attend to the cardiac arrest and that I would be back as soon as possible. After about 20 minutes I had resuscitated the arrest victim and went back to the patient and told them that I would be back in another 20 minutes. They told me that they were just as important as the arrest victim and that they should not have to wait. I wanted shoot the patient but I had to apologize. Shit like that happens almost daily in medicine. My point is, that if I can keep my cool in that situation the guy from Maze should be able keep his cool when a simple question was asked even if it annoyed him.

Several years ago, I ordered a CD directly from a musician's web site. 5 days went by and I did not get a confirmation so I sent an email asking if he received my order. I got a very nasty email back from one of the musicians in the group berating me and never received my CD despite payment. I eventually contacted another guy in the group and he apologized for his partner and sent me 2 CD's.
    Last edited by Mechnutt; January 28, 2018 at 12:56 PM. Reason: corrected grammar
    My Gear- Mains System-Pass X250 amp, BAT VK-51se preamp, Luxman DA-06 DAC, Magnepan 1.6's, Thorens TD-145 TT, Dual Martin Logan Subs, Vintage Luxman T-110 Tuner, Cables-WW Platinum 7 USB, Cardas Parsec XLR, AQ Columbia DBS 72v XLR, Belden 8402 XLR.

When I hear people responding as agressivly and passionatly as you are, over a salesman who for all intents politely canceled and order? ???

...and in the reverse, the OP was polite with a question, regardless of how much you read into it. I think with mechnutt post, some serious perspective is needed for many individuals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Main:
    Room: Dedicated 25 x 14 x 8 treated room | Computers (headless in utility room): Wkst #1 Ubuntu running lifetime ROON server. High end wkst #2 High end wkst running HQE image | Network rack (in utility room): Managed Fiber Switch, QNAP NAS | Endpoint: Fiber to SONORE OpticalRendu w/ LPS, Sbooster USB vbus2 |DAC: Lampi Lite7, Holo Audio S3 KTE, Aqua La Scala MKII Optologic | Pre: Atma-Sphere MP-3 Mk3.3 Pre | Amps: Pass XA100.5 Mono's | Speakers: Revel Ultima Studio2 (Townshend seismic posiums) with Dual PSA X15 sealed subs | Isolation: Components on custom roller bearings + compression springs | Cables: Wireworld Platinum USB / Analysis Plus PC / Gotham 4/4 XLR / AQ spkr / Revelation audiolabs I2s | Server Streamer: Aqua LinQ using HQP modules > I2s to Aqua La Scala

Office: Win10 wkst with Spotify or ROON controller > VDAC-II > VLINK 192 > Yamaha RX integrated > Polk audio signature Monitors >12" sub

Now for Good Business, I emailed back and forth 12 times last Thursday with Patrick Cullen, placed my order before noon. Patrick built the cable Thursday and shipped it Friday as discussed. He told me Monday or Tuesday and it was on my step at 3pm yesterday. In the mean time, he had to go out of town before updating the tracking and he sent me an email letting me know it was in the mail already. When I opened the package, I emailed Patrick to let him know I got it and for the 3rd time, he thanked me for my business. That is how it's done!
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -

I know I'm poking for no good reason, but 12 times? ??? Why would you need to pull a guy away from his workbench 12 times for a single cable order. Do you see how that could be considered a lot of paperwork and time consuming for $30 or so of profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingrex View Post
    I know I'm poking for no good reason, but 12 times? ??? Why would you need to pull a guy away from his workbench 12 times for a single cable order. Do you see how that could be considered a lot of paperwork and time consuming for $30 or so of profit.
    Well it was 6 emails from me and 6 back from him. They were very short and a few were after I placed my order.

So what you are claiming is that my money was not good enough for a Salesman to just do his job. If I walked into an Appliance Store and asked more than 3 questions, I am a demanding customer and he should just tell me he doesn't want to sell me the Washer.

Should I have been treated any differently if I was spending more money? That's what it sounds like you are suggesting.

The fact is, the one cable was a Trial and if I liked it, I was prepared to order more so the guy was an ass for screwing up potential orders. Patrick Cullen gets that part.

I will be ordering more Cullen Cables.
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -

I am really only defending my original point. Maze, for all intents as politely as he could backed out of a project with you. Some people are not fit to work together. He made that determination. That is not a reason for other people to miss out on a quality low cost item that may benefit their system. It's not like he's Paul Haynes taking thousands of $ from people to make linear power supplies, then not shipping for over 8 months and refusing to return their money. Its not like Paul saying there is a money back guarantee, but wait, not for you, your order was custom. That is bull and should be shouted to the world to protect other audio members. Maze did nothing of the sort.

Shadow, a friend of mine just ordered some Cullen Cables and Patrick called him to discuss what would be best for his system. That is excellent customer service.

Larry, that was what a few of my emails back and forth with Patrick were about. I wonder what would have happened if I asked Maze the same questions.

@Kingrex - I still don not see your logic as to how he "Politely" cancelled my order....After calling me a Demanding Customer because I was confused to have received a tracking number that didn't track anything. He did nothing politely but rather tried to insult me with his response.

Oh, and something I never mentioned, but in my thread about Pangea cables, A.Wayne supplied a link to the Maze cables asking if anyone tried them. Take a look at their Deceptive Practices where they add the Word Pangea to their own Product Description so when anyone searches for Pangea Cables, guess what shows up

Maze Audio Black Eden Series Audiophile 4ft AC Power Cord 10 Ga Gauge Pangea

from - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Maze-Audio-...8AAOSweuxWR6VS
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -

Feel the same way about their deceptive ad on Ebay , anyway i looked at David Salz offerings from Wire World and he has a cable in the same price range as cullen , interesting comparison ...

https://store.wireworldcable.com/col...iant=957352163

To be or not to be , that is the question ...

The original question never was answered. Has anyone heard the power cord. I have used Cullen in the past. They are good for the money. I actually have 24 feet of Cullen cable from my panel to my distribution strip and have never achieved such fine results with power distribution. Far better than Romex.
    Hello - Can you post a picture, I am curious how this is connected and ran.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R w/4point 11 arm | Kuzma 50 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum HD and M400’s | Boulder 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Leif, Norse, V2 and Odin
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

Leaving aside the bedside manner and advertising practices of Maze, there is something that needs to be mentioned in general in the context of cottage-industry cable sellers, specifically with regard to power cables and any high-voltage products: You want to be one million percent certain that they are using cables with insulation rated to handle the applicable voltage. I have seen some of these guys take speaker cable of a suitable AWG and wire it up as power cords; this may be OK, or it may not. There are also some cables that are rated for 150v but not 220-240. So if I were dealing with any of these guys, the first question I'd be asking is which cable they are using. My own personal practice though is that if it's carrying 120v or more, either I don't buy it if it's not UL or CE listed, or I make it myself. At least that way I know that the cables are suitable and the connections are done right both re polarity and low resistance. Again, I am not specifically applying this to Maze, just making a general observation.
    Main system: PS Audio P5, CAPS server w/HDPlex power supply, Hegel H160, AQ Colorado and Rocket 44, Vandersteen Treos, PS Audio DS DAC. NAD M4 tuner, Mcintosh MR74. Analog: Bryston BLP1, Ortofon Quintet Black, customized Tavish Adagio phono pre. AudioSensibility Statement interconnects. Rythmik Audio 15-inch sub. Other stuff: Sequerra Met 7's (original) Met 7 MK. II, REL Q108, Berning ea-230's, Micro Seiki BL51 with Grace and Rega arms. Too much else to list, I am gonna leave a heck of a pile of stuff when I die.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechnutt View Post
    The guy from Maze was an ass. If you can't take the heat then get out of the Kitchen. Dealing with people can be difficult (And Brian was not being difficult) but you must keep your cool. I am an Emergency Medicine Physician and I deal with rude, difficult people several times per day, all the while I have to treat them with the utmost respect and a smile on my face even though I am screaming inside. I once had a patient that had some minor complaint such as a cold and I had been in the room about 30 seconds when a cardiac arrest rolled in. I apologized to the patient and told them that I had to attend to the cardiac arrest and that I would be back as soon as possible. After about 20 minutes I had resuscitated the arrest victim and went back to the patient and told them that I would be back in another 20 minutes. They told me that they were just as important as the arrest victim and that they should not have to wait. I wanted shoot the patient but I had to apologize. Shit like that happens almost daily in medicine. My point is, that if I can keep my cool in that situation the guy from Maze should be able keep his cool when a simple question was asked even if it annoyed him.

Several years ago, I ordered a CD directly from a musician's web site. 5 days went by and I did not get a confirmation so I sent an email asking if he received my order. I got a very nasty email back from one of the musicians in the group berating me and never received my CD despite payment. I eventually contacted another guy in the group and he apologized for his partner and sent me 2 CD's.
    You were more gracious than I would have been by apologizing the second time. If that patient couldn't understand that a patient going into cardiac arrest was a more immediate priority then I sincerely doubt that your second apology was well received.

As for the transaction at hand, the business owner seemed to have been having a rough day. No need to take it out on a customer.
    Anthony
    Analog: VPI Clearaudio Innovation Wood/Kuzma 4Point/Ortofon A95> ASR Basis Exclusive HV---->

Digital: Antipodes CX (Oladra Upgrade)> Cary DMS-600 DAC/Streamer---->
    ...........Cary 306 SACD Professional Disc Player---->

===> Cary SLP-05 (Ultimate Upgrade edition)----> Clayton M-300----> MARTIN LOGAN SPIRES/REL 212SX x2

[Synergistic Research/Nordost/Wireworld/Furutech/SRA/Adona/Stillpoints/Track Audio/GIK Acoustics]

Quote Originally Posted by UltraFast69 View Post
    Hello - Can you post a picture, I am curious how this is connected and ran.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I am still working on this design. In short I replaces in wall nmb with Cullen 10 awg ofc wire. I don't put it in the wall. Technically cord is not intended for permanant use. It emanates from my panel through a compression connector, so glen hole straps hold it to the surface of the basement wall, then it pokes through the floor and goes into a heavy acrylic and corian distribution strip I built. I am not using in wall receptacles. I believe in damping vibrations. This has been a far step above nmb terminated into plastic or steel boxes in the wall.20180602_123855.jpg

Regarding the good stories I keep hearing about Cullen Cables. My experience is different. Maybe I am one of those difficult customers....
    I received a quote for 6 items and paid for the order within minutes. Patrick immediately replied that he had a lot of orders ahead of mine and that the lead time would be 1.5 weeks and I'd get a tracking number when he ships.
    So I guess I was difficult when 2 weeks and 2 days passed and I inquired about the order. Reply was I am working on it right now and it should ship Monday.
    Well as of tomorrow another Monday beyond that should be Monday will have come and I haven't heard a peep.

Outside of to say I see he has a regular job outside Cullen Cable....making me think his cable business is a hobby that he works on when he AND his family allows him the time.
    I also see there are youth baseball games and the like.

If his business is just a "as I eventually get around to it" proposition he should just say so.

So I did nothing to be unreasonable so far....but sure am not getting the response that others have...based on all the praise I have been hearing.
    I loathe to contact him again or maybe I too will be deemed difficult.

It is a thousand dollar plus order.

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum, thank you for joining.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

As a followup I heard from a member on AK who is a frequent customer of Cullen that this is a normal occurrence. So it seems he operates much the same way as Maze in that regard (is a hobby and not operated in a strict business sense).

I will be patient as I am certain the cables will be great!

Quote Originally Posted by petek View Post
    Regarding the good stories I keep hearing about Cullen Cables. ........

Quote Originally Posted by petek View Post
    Regarding the good stories I keep hearing about Cullen Cables. My experience is different. Maybe I am one of those difficult customers....
    I received a quote for 6 items and paid for the order within minutes. Patrick immediately replied that he had a lot of orders ahead of mine and that the lead time would be 1.5 weeks and I'd get a tracking number when he ships.
    So I guess I was difficult when 2 weeks and 2 days passed and I inquired about the order. Reply was I am working on it right now and it should ship Monday.
    Well as of tomorrow another Monday beyond that should be Monday will have come and I haven't heard a peep.

Outside of to say I see he has a regular job outside Cullen Cable....making me think his cable business is a hobby that he works on when he AND his family allows him the time.
    I also see there are youth baseball games and the like.

If his business is just a "as I eventually get around to it" proposition he should just say so.

So I did nothing to be unreasonable so far....but sure am not getting the response that others have...based on all the praise I have been hearing.
    I loathe to contact him again or maybe I too will be deemed difficult.

It is a thousand dollar plus order.

I ordered a power cable from Cullen and he replied the next day and said he was 2 weeks behind. A little over 3 weeks went by and no cable. I emailed him and he replied immediately and apologized. He said he though the cable order was built and sent out. He sent it out the next day and I received it 3 days later.

His cables are made to order so I gave him some slack. He was gracious and apologetic about it. I will purchase more cables from him.

Larry

Happy to say the Cullen cables were on the table when I got up this morning having come in yesterday's mail. So he didn't send a tracking number but all's well.
    Between now and the weekend I will get them installed..looking forward to it!
    McInotsh MC75 (2) amps
    Audiophonics LPA-S400ET Class D amp
    Marchand XB44 crossover
    McIntosh C2500 pre
    Luxman 505Ux integrated to drive "B" Speakers
    EAT C Sharp with Ortofon Cadenza Blue
    TEAC SD1000/Yamaha SACD Blu Ray player
    Sonus Faber Olympica I
    dual Rythmik sealed subs
    AKG and Sennheiser phones, Feliks headphone amp
    Vintage Pioneer table and Kenwood 3 head tape deck
    Nitty Gritty RCM, and DeGritter
    McIntosh, AQ, Nordost, and Cullen Cables
    Mytek Brooklyn DAC+/Sonare Ultra Rendu, SGC I transporter 5
    Tidal and Roon

Looking forward to your thoughts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sean

Lumin T2
    Gryphon Diablo 333
    Magico A3 w/ A-Pods
    AudioQuest Hurricane HC
    Shunyata PS8 & Defender & Cabling
    HRS E1

Petek, which cables did your order? I bought a gold series power cord for my amp and I am going to buy a crossover series for my preamp and dac.

1 pair 8 ft crossover speaker cables all spades

3 - 6ft Crossover Series Power Cables --- for the 2 amps and the Dectet

1 - 6 foot Red Copper Power Cable --- for the preamp

1 - 3ft Gold Series Power Cable--- to modify the turntable power adaptor---I also had to buy a cheap adaptor part from Amazon...this is mainly for aesthetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechnutt View Post
    Petek, which cables did your order? I bought a gold series power cord for my amp and I am going to buy a crossover series for my preamp and dac.
    McInotsh MC75 (2) amps
    Marchand XB44 crossover
    McIntosh C2500 pre
    Sonus Faber Olympica I
    dual Rythmik sealed subs
    Tidal and Roon

All cables installed. No detriments for sure. As I had been tweaking my listening and speaker position recently as well it is hard to tell what improvements are attributable to what.
    Satisfied though. Looks great. I perceive an improvement. Deeper bass, and a deeper sound-stage too.
    McInotsh MC75 (2) amps
    Marchand XB44 crossover
    McIntosh C2500 pre
    Sonus Faber Olympica I
    dual Rythmik sealed subs
    Tidal and Roon

Take a look at Kosmic audio. Joe is a friend. He is making some cables. More than Maze and Cullen but a better design. Better parts.

I just received a load of OFC wire to start building my setup. It is UL listed wire for use in conduit. I am going to offer accessing your panel, making some changes in their, possible grounding improvements and a custom power feed from the panel to the gear. No receptacle or plugs between. Bolted connections in a distribution box behind the rack. There will be a female connector at the equipment. It won't be inexpensive.
    First Sound Mark3SI preamp. Audion Black Shadow 845 SET Monoblocks. Mojo Audio Deja Vu Server. Mojo Audio Mystic 3 DAC. Linear Solution Ethernet Switch. Gigafoil with LPS. STST Motus II TT with Vertere SG1 arm, Hana ML Cartridge, Allnic H1201 phono pre. Pure Audio Project Trio 15 Horn speakers with Mundord Supreme oil caps. Power via 10 awg Oyaide cable from panel to custom distribution strip feeding front end. Oyaide dedicated10 AWG branch circuits from panel to each amp. Inakustik speaker and interconnect cables, Genesis Interconnect.
    Kingrexelectric.com Lyncole certified grounding specialist.

I know this is a 2+ year old thread, but just wanted to touch on the whole Maze Audio thing here...

Two of my brothers have been dealing with Maze Audio for a couple years now, speaker cables, binding post jumpers/straps, interconnects and power cables. They have both requested custom lengths, colors and terminations. Going back and forth several times via email to confirm various lengths and ends with no issues from Kent. Not even a hint of attitude.

One of my brothers orders from Kent got lost in the mail. He was given the tracking number and the cables were to arrive on whatever day. I think it was four or five days had past and he contacted Kent. Kent said he'd look into it and get back with him ASAP. Later that same day, he emailed my brother confirming that the package got lost as well as apologized for the inconvenience like it was his fault (which it obviously wasn't). In a couple of days, he had another set of cables made up and shipped out 2-day priority and no extra cost to my brother. My brother didn't ask for a rush or faster shipping. It was just something Kent felt like doing to keep a happy customer. And that was about a year ago.

If Kent reacted to Brian the way he did, maybe Brian rubbed him the wrong way somehow or he was having a bad day or something. Who knows for sure. I've never dealt with Kent or his products, but my brothers have, and from what they have told me, I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from him.

With that being said, as of last night, I have a pair of Kent's bi-wire speaker cables from one of my brothers along with his pair of JBL Studio 530 bookshelf speakers, just to change things up a little bit and try something new in my system. I can't say one way or another what the cables sound like since the speakers were changed at the same time. What I can say though, is that the cables feel really good and are very well built. I have zero complaints, nor do my brothers and their multiple dealings with Kent.
    Pass Labs XP-20 | Auralic Altair G1 | Odyssey Audio Stratos Monoblocks | JVC XL-Z411 | Nakamichi DR-1 | Technics SL-1700MK2 | Magnepan 1.7i | SVS PB-1000 Pro x 2

As I am also in the sales sector, I tell you that people are going crazy and dragging others into madness. Each one considers himself not the most important but the only customer on earth.
    They demand absolute priority and perfection in treatment.
    It makes me want to ask certain customers what they do in life and how they manage to be so perfect!

Too many rights and demands these days!

Ah if I were not an employee but a business owner, the pleasure that I would have to say to certain customers: no, to you i don´t sell anything.

Go wear out the competition!

Has anyone tried one yet? Reference 4 series??? Feedback compared to?

Has anyone tried one yet? Reference 4 series??? Feedback compared to?
    All three of my brothers are coming over today for a cookout and a movie (or two). I've been looking at Kent's site for a little bit now and I'm pretty sure one of my brothers has those Ref 4 power cables in his system. I'm 99% certain of it. I'll ask them today and let you know. I know one was using all Pangea power cables (one the size of a freaking garden hose), and the other brother was using older PS Audio cables. They also replaced their speaker cables with Maze cables. One had some Monster Cable M2.2's, the other with Kimber 8TC.
    Pass Labs XP-20 | Auralic Altair G1 | Odyssey Audio Stratos Monoblocks | JVC XL-Z411 | Nakamichi DR-1 | Technics SL-1700MK2 | Magnepan 1.7i | SVS PB-1000 Pro x 2

Brian I agree, audiophile hobbyist, whatever he calls himself, I call him a douchebag.
    Cheers ! …. Dave

Wow, I never expected to see this thread again. I got over it. But, I do high level customer support and if I ever gave that kind of attitude to a customer, I would bet reprimanded at the least.

Patrick liked my money just fine.
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Maze Audio Power Cords