Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Mustang GT Procharged ver. Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 with Custom Tune Drag Race

This past Saturday there was a 1/4 mile drag racing event and I had an opportunity to race a Camaro ZL1. Mustang 10.4 and Camaro 10.7.

George
    -----------------------

Aurender ACS10 Music Server > Holo Audio May KTE R2R Ladder DAC > Pass Labs XP-30 Preamp > Pass Labs XA160.5 Class A Mono Blocks > Martin Logan Renaissance ELS 15A Speakers

Powered By 2X BPT 3.5 Signature Plus Ultra Isolators | Shunyata Research Hydra Triton + Typhon | Shunyata Hydra 2 Power Conditioner

Re: Mustang GT Procharged ver. Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 with Custom Tune Drag Race

Sweet!

Looked like a strong A to B.
    Industry Disclosure: Owner Epiphanic Audio. Bespoke 2 channel resource in Virginia Beach VA. Dealer for darTZeel and other great brands.

Attached Images Attached Images

The Camaro was stock except for a custom tune?
    Howard

Pass Labs XS 300's, XS Pre | Berkeley Audio Design Alpha DAC Reference Series 3, Alpha USB Series 2 | Aurender W20SE, ACS10 | Magico S7's with MPOD's, QSub 15 x 2 | Shunyata Denali 2000T x 2 with Sigma HC | Shunyata Everest 8000 w/ Omega XC | MIT Heritage and Oracle Interconnects and speaker cables | Critical Mass Maxxum rack

Quote Originally Posted by The Sandman View Post
    The Camaro was stock except for a custom tune?
    As far as I know. They are equipped with a factory supercharger.

Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Specs
    Horsepower: 650 hp
    Torque: 650 lb-ft
    Engine: 6.2 L V8
    George
    -----------------------

Aurender ACS10 Music Server > Holo Audio May KTE R2R Ladder DAC > Pass Labs XP-30 Preamp > Pass Labs XA160.5 Class A Mono Blocks > Martin Logan Renaissance ELS 15A Speakers

Powered By 2X BPT 3.5 Signature Plus Ultra Isolators | Shunyata Research Hydra Triton + Typhon | Shunyata Hydra 2 Power Conditioner

Love the ZL1. It’s a beast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Paul

I had no ideae where to post this but in a thread about drag racing.

I just recently became friends with the Niece of Ernie Miller, Drag Racing Legend.
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -
    Rotel RCD-1572 / Rega P3 > Luxman 505UX Mark II > Fyne Audio F502SPs > Synergistic Cables

Secondary - OPPO 93 > VAC CLA 1 MKII Pre > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables

Quote Originally Posted by Audioseduction View Post

A Friend has one thinks the ZL1 is the best production car ever made , cant believe so much given at those prices , big statement he has a 65 car collection includes an F40 and a Ford GT, both!

To name a few...

He couldnt stop raving over that Camaro....

Quote Originally Posted by Audioseduction View Post

That's the newer 2018 spec'd ZL1. The older ones like mine are 580 stock. Just to add that the ZL1 is set up from the factory for road course driving. I've owned both Mustang and Camaro. Apples and Oranges, panels versus cones to me! Look at the Nurburgring times and that is where you see it shine.
    Source component-Esoteric K-01X
    Preamp-
    Audio Research Reference 10
    Amplifier- ​D'Agostino Progression monoblocks
    Speakers-
    Wilson Audio Maxx 3
    Isolation stand-HRS SXR
    Cables-Transparent Reference speaker and Super I/C's.
    Power conditioning-Transparent Power Isolator and Transparent power cords
    Room treatment-Vicoustics

This Dodge owner was certainly impressed with the Camaro ZL1. Talked to him briefly at the NHRA headquarters. He was in love with my carbon ceramic brakes. That's how we started talking that day!

Unfortunately, the Camaro is one of the more uncomfortable saloons out there. I sat in a ZL1 before I went with the M2. Its claustrophobic although I'm 6'2" and the visibility is non-existent. Great track car, terrible daily driver.

I'd rather just get a GT350, but Ford continues to live in the stone ages without dual clutch or auto trannies. I'm all for saving manuals, but please offer both.
    Brinkmann Bardo w/ EMT HSD-006 cart, MSB Reference DAC --> Linear Tube Audio MicroZOTL --> Ampzilla 2000, 2nd Edition --> Fyne Audio F1-12

Quote Originally Posted by KeithR View Post
    Unfortunately, the Camaro is one of the more uncomfortable saloons out there. I sat in a ZL1 before I went with the M2. Its claustrophobic although I'm 6'2" and the visibility is non-existent. Great track car, terrible daily driver.

I'd rather just get a GT350, but Ford continues to live in the stone ages without dual clutch or auto trannies. I'm all for saving manuals, but please offer both.
    Keith, after I bought my ZL1 a close friend bought the GT350! I have ridden in it and it has the more comfortable interior. I call the Camaro the coffin. Small passenger windows you can never crawl out of. Yes there is no good rear view, which isn't an issue for me as I always use my mirrors. I'm 6 ft and had to remove the stock seats to accommodate aftermarket seats. My helmet rubbed against the roof of the car with the stock seats! I no longer have that issue. Talk about claustrophobic, try 5 points inside the car and not being able to move except your arms and legs. It is needed when braking and slowing down from 150 mph into a turn

Quote Originally Posted by a.wayne View Post
    A Friend has one thinks the ZL1 is the best production car ever made , cant believe so much given at those prices , big statement he has a 65 car collection includes an F40 and a Ford GT, both!

To name a few...

He couldnt stop raving over that Camaro....
    tell your friend to stop drinking so early in the day !

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp 2160 View Post
    This Dodge owner was certainly impressed with the Camaro ZL1. Talked to him briefly at the NHRA headquarters. He was in love with my carbon ceramic brakes. That's how we started talking that day!
    ahhh ..... the 'Snake' a lot of memories back in my day of him and the 'Mongoose' !
    Cheers ! …. Dave

hah...none other than Don Prudomme the NHRA museum in Pomona is pretty cool, I went for the first time last summer.

... It is needed when braking and slowing down from 150 mph into a turn
    you must be referring to the end of the long front straight at Big Willow. I've done many laps there

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Mustang GT Procharged ver. Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 with Custom Tune Drag Race