Luxman D-08u - Page 7
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Luxman D-08u

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Luxman D-08u

Quote Originally Posted by Billion$Baby View Post
    Im in Audio Hibernation until the Stock Market is back to All Time Highs. Wake me up when that happens OK?
    With the majority of investments in various retirement accounts market fluctuations are just paper losses and largely unrealized. True audiophiles can't let such swings impact their system upgrades!

2. Likes Mike, joeinid, UltraFast69 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For those of us who have already retired, the recent market fluctuations are not simply “paper losses”.
    Gary
    Accuphase E-650; Lumin A1; BlueSound Node 2i; Accuphase DAC-50; Roon; Shunyata Delta NR; Wireworld SC; JLA F112v2; Tannoy Canterbury GR

4. Thanks audio.bill thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

+1 Got out of the "Rat Race" over a decade ago at 45. 200K out the door in a few months hurts!! LOL Hope for a rapid recovery so I can buy some new toys from Mike like a D-08U and be on my way to becoming a "true audiophile".
    D'agostino M400 Mono's, Audio Research REF 160M, Audio Research 150M, Audio Research MP-1, Audio Research REF 10, Audio Note JINRO, Ayre KXR Twenty, Luxman 900U, Conrad Johnson Met-1, Esoteric K-01X 30th Anniversary/Black, Ayre DX5, Marantz SA-10, Joseph Audio Pearl 3, Audio Note E-SPX Al Nico, Devore O'96, Salk Soundscape 8.

Check out my Facebook Page RIAA AWARD COLLECTORS to see over 3000 authentic Music Industry Awards (Gold and Platinum Records) from my personal collection. New awards added every month. https://www.facebook.com/riaaawards

6. Likes joeinid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

ooops, can't delete a post, so disregard!

Post Thanks / Like

For those who missed it....."Yeah, you'd think a flagship level Luxman would trump a 5th level Esoteric."

So let me get this straight....My K-01X at the time of purchase was a 5th Level Esoteric disc spinner?? Can you enlighten me on the 4 players above it. I can only think of 2 at the time.
    D'agostino M400 Mono's, Audio Research REF 160M, Audio Research 150M, Audio Research MP-1, Audio Research REF 10, Audio Note JINRO, Ayre KXR Twenty, Luxman 900U, Conrad Johnson Met-1, Esoteric K-01X 30th Anniversary/Black, Ayre DX5, Marantz SA-10, Joseph Audio Pearl 3, Audio Note E-SPX Al Nico, Devore O'96, Salk Soundscape 8.

Check out my Facebook Page RIAA AWARD COLLECTORS to see over 3000 authentic Music Industry Awards (Gold and Platinum Records) from my personal collection. New awards added every month. https://www.facebook.com/riaaawards

Post Thanks / Like

No, the post said K-03X....
    1st: K1
    2nd: K-01Xs
    3rd:K-01X
    4th: K-03Xs
    5th: K-03X
    Hence, what I said, you'd think a flagship Luxman (of today) would trump a 5th level Esoteric.

Post Thanks / Like

The difference between The XS and X is a $29 Dac Chip. Not sure I would classify that as another level of performance but that's just me.

Post Thanks / Like

AK4497EQ vs AK4495S is clearly a different level of performance, whatever the minimal price difference between the chips.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep its such an upgrade that they already stopped using it!! LOL

Post Thanks / Like

They've stopped using it in the new model flagship units, but there has been no announcement that they will stop using it in the lower level models.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast