Luxman D-08u - Page 10
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Luxman D-08u

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Luxman D-08u

Quote Originally Posted by GSOphile View Post
    I don't have a link that shows both brands. Separately I see following U.S. list prices: D-08u $15K, K-03Xs $13K, K-01Xs $22K. The D-08u was introduced 2014. As you know, the Xs models are recent but IMO somewhat modest steps above prior X models introduced in 2014.
    I have K-03X and K-03XS at home...
    The differencies are impercebtible.
    Perhaps a little more bass and better medium...But I'm not sure...
    Marantz SA7S1/GRIMM AUDIO CC1/MARK LEVINSON 360S+TECHNICS SL1210 MKII/ORTOFON X1-MC/VPI CLASSIC 3 in rosewood/Audio-Technica ART-9/ESOTERIC E03+TAG MC LAREN T32R+JEFF ROWLAND CORUS+JEFF ROWLAND MODEL 625+INFINTY KAPPA 100+Cables line: all Furutech lineflux+power cord DIY

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    From Luxman:

“It’s well documented that we build our own transports called LXDTM transport.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The problem is not the transport but the CD player lens. All dealer in France has received a letter in this direction.
    There is no lens for this CD player in the future.
    Marantz SA7S1/GRIMM AUDIO CC1/MARK LEVINSON 360S+TECHNICS SL1210 MKII/ORTOFON X1-MC/VPI CLASSIC 3 in rosewood/Audio-Technica ART-9/ESOTERIC E03+TAG MC LAREN T32R+JEFF ROWLAND CORUS+JEFF ROWLAND MODEL 625+INFINTY KAPPA 100+Cables line: all Furutech lineflux+power cord DIY

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hongkong View Post
    The problem is not the transport but the CD player lens. All dealer in France has received a letter in this direction.
    There is no lens for this CD player in the future.
    'Lens'? What is it actually? Part of laser assembly? Does it fail often? If they already know there are/will be no replacement parts available, they should probably withdraw the product from marketing. What does the letter say exactly? This sounds like it might be a hoax?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSOphile View Post
    'Lens'? What is it actually? Part of laser assembly? Does it fail often? If they already know there are/will be no replacement parts available, they should probably withdraw the product from marketing. What does the letter say exactly? This sounds like it might be a hoax?
    The letter is for the dealers.
    I don't think it is a hoax.
    Let see in the future.

Envoyé de mon HTC 10 en utilisant Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Have you seen and read this letter?

Post Thanks / Like

The D-08U is DISCONTINUED as per Luxman (Jeff). Their new CD/SACD Models should be announced in the fall. Stay Tuned!!
    Amps: D'agostino M400 Mono's, ARC REF 160M, Audio Note Jinro, First Watt SIT-3 Mono's, Pass XA25, Valvet E2 SE, ARC 150M.

Pre-Amps: ARC REF 10, Ayre KXR Twenty, Luxman 900U, ARC MP-1 Multi-Channel, Conrad Johnson Met-1 Multi-Channel

Disc Spinners: Luxman D-08U, Esoteric K-01X 30th Anniversary/Black, Ayre DX5, Marantz SA-10

Speakers: Joseph Audio Pearl 3, Audio Note E-SPX Al Nico, Monitor Audio Gold 200

Check out my Facebook Page RIAA AWARD COLLECTORS to see over 3200 authentic Music Industry Awards (Gold and Platinum Records) from my personal collection. New awards added every month. https://www.facebook.com/riaaawards

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Glad I just dropped them. Financial woes tied to their parent Gibson guitars and crazy constant upgraditis for obvious cash grab reasons, which they tried to force on dealers too, was enough for me to part ways.

T+A, Luxman, among others, make fine CD/SACD players thank you very much.
    Very interesting. Thanks for the honest assessment Mike.
    Serge

8. Thanks Mike thanked for this post
    Likes Mike liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Billion$Baby View Post
    The D-08U is DISCONTINUED as per Luxman (Jeff). Their new CD/SACD Models should be announced in the fall. Stay Tuned!!
    Glad to hear that they aren’t abandoning physical media and compact discs.

Look forward to reading about these new players.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10