Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Shunyata Denali and HD TV

I was lucky enough to purchase a Shunyata Denali for my 2nd audio system from Mike. Thanks for the great service Mike!

That system is currently source-less as I await a new dac. HOWEVER, while getting everything hooked up to the Denali, there were a couple of extra plugs and I decided to go ahead and plug the HD TV in. My wife (who is not an audio- or videophile) and I sat down on the couch and I turned on the TV. Within 15 seconds we turned to each other at the same time with looks of shock on our faces--Are we really seeing that? Deeper and more vibrant colors, better blacks, altogether WAY better. NOT subtle.

Just hope it's that good once I turn on the audio system!

Dave
    Analog source: AMG Viella 12; Ortofon Anna cartridge, van den Hul Crimson Stradivarius XGW
    Digital source: Totaldac d1-twelve Mk2 DAC, Totaldac d1-player, Totaldac d1-streamer, Totaldac Live Power supply
    Pre amp: VAC Master with phono
    Phonostage: ​Constellation Andromeda
    Amps: VAC 200iQ monoblocks
    Speakers: Magico M3 with MPods
    Cables: Synergistic Research Galileo SX speaker, phono, analog and digital interconnects
    Power products: Synergistic Research Galileo PowerCell SX and Transporter Ultra. Galileo SX and SRX power cords. Keces P3 LPS for cable modem and router.

Re: Shunyata Denali and HD TV

LOL. On my previous 57" Hitachi RPTV I removed the hard wired stock power cord, and added an IEC connector. Then I used a spare Shunyata Zitron Cobra power cable on the TV, with the same results you experienced, such as brighter, more vivid colors, and details.

My 75" Sony Z9D is too new to cut up to replace the stock power cord, but I do use a Shunyata Cyclop v2 on it. I am debating whether I should get a dedicated AC circuit for it, but I do turn off everything else on the line when I watch a movie.
    Bud

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson four shelf maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

I have also benefited by using extra cords on a TV, and my sons gaming computer, both seeing increased differences in visual and performance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R w/4point 11 arm | Kuzma 50 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum HD and M400’s | Boulder 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Leif, Norse, V2 and Odin
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

I can't say power cords help video cause I have tried
    I can say the Denali does work on tv and audio. The principle in theres is simple but effective even the outlet it's plugged into of it has spares is better then before. The ps audio power plants work wonders on video and good for the front end
    I feel no power regen or power cond , I iso are good for amps if they are large
    in my place I made a 20 kw balanced iso
    ground isolated from my home. This was good until I bought my ML NO 33 amps. Between them and 2 2000 watt woofer tower amps I felt it was holding things back.
    One caviate is an iso that useses a 230 volt input to 120 volt output has an advantage st lower dc on the mains.
    TUBEZATOR

preamp ML26
    amps ML No.33
    Infinity IRS-V speakers with Xover redone by Arie Nudell.

Quote Originally Posted by Alrainbow View Post
    I can't say power cords help video cause I have tried
    I can say the Denali does work on tv and audio. The principle in theres is simple but effective even the outlet it's plugged into of it has spares is better then before. The ps audio power plants work wonders on video and good for the front end
    I feel no power regen or power cond , I iso are good for amps if they are large
    in my place I made a 20 kw balanced iso
    ground isolated from my home. This was good until I bought my ML NO 33 amps. Between them and 2 2000 watt woofer tower amps I felt it was holding things back.
    One caviate is an iso that useses a 230 volt input to 120 volt output has an advantage st lower dc on the mains.
    Okay. Good to know.
    Bud

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson four shelf maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

An isolated ground connection to Planet Earth is:
    a] bad news
    b] not permitted by code
    c] dangerious
    All connections to Planet Earth need to be interconnected.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedskater View Post
    An isolated ground connection to Planet Earth is:
    a] bad news
    b] not permitted by code
    c] dangerious
    All connections to Planet Earth need to be interconnected.
    not to push back on code enforcement , but this method is used in data centers and hospitals.
    Having said this it's my intention to provide a safe path to better sound.
    Isolating the ground path from all else non audio provides a clear improvement.
    The system is still grounded and in fact of you followed my plan and used a DVM to your house ground plain it would still show as being grounded.
    Due to the fact it's center tap is bonded to ground to make it a neutral.
    This methods is what nuetrek does except they continue the input
    ground and carry it over after the iso power side.

Balance power is big in countries that don't have a true neutral or Starr grounding methods
    some use methods that kill sound in audio
    lastly some high end makers have a balanced iso as part of there internal psu. So please explain where I went wrong ??
    Thank you in advance
    al
    TUBEZATOR

preamp ML26
    amps ML No.33
    Infinity IRS-V speakers with Xover redone by Arie Nudell.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Shunyata Denali and HD TV