Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Lampizator Golden Gate 2

I posted the below on the “What’s Best Forum” yesterday.

In April of this year I had my GG upgraded to include the R2R, superclocks, 512 DSD, Etc.. Subsequently a relay failed on my volume control that required me to send the GG back to Poland for warranty work. While it was there I heard about the new Pacific and the Golden Gate 2. As I am now retired I knew the Pacific would be more than I would want to spend so I reached out to my favorite US distributor Fred, aka Gopher, regarding the upgrade to the GG2. Below is his description of the upgrade.

“A few of the things the Golden Gate 2 will get are:

- Lukasz' own new design super clocks (better than the Crystek and very close to the Pulsars the Pacific will get)
    - auto-switching between DSD and PCM (this gives best sq between two formats)
    - updated firmware to allow native DSD up to 512 in linux
    - a new psu scheme and main analog pcb
    - power supply capacitors
    - a new tube heating scheme which contributes to the lowest noise floor possible
    - a much improved volume control (relays and a metal remote)
    - new custom footers by STACORE
    - a new AC filter built in
    - new grounding scheme with grounding lug

It will also get a new birth certificate and spec sheet and five year warranty as a new DAC.”

Everything was as described except the firmware. It is still limited to DOP 256 for DSD and is being worked on.

So how does it sound? In my system it sounds stunning, simply stunning. In my opinion this upgrade totally redefines the GG. It is much more than a few tweaks. The foundational level of the music has increased dramatically. Bass, mid bass and lower mids are all much fuller. It adds a gravitas to the music that the previous version was lacking. Resolution and transparency are also improved, but I tend not to notice them as the music is so engaging. The new grounding scheme makes for a blacker background. The music just flows.

A few other comments as follows:

The R2R and DSD 512 now auto switch.

With the digital volume control you get a slight clicking when you change the volume remotely. I had the same clicking in a preamp I previously owned with digital volume control.

When you go to the standby mode by either pressing the button on the front of the unit or by pushing “off” on the remote the rectifier is totally deenergized, but now some current is still applied to the power tubes so they remain very warm to the touch. You may want to inquire about having all the tubes deenergized if you live in a warm climate.

The new metal remote is much, much nicer than the old plastic one.

There are now 2 separate switches on the back to designate tube selection.

You will definitely want to add a grounding cable. There was a noticeable decrease in background noise when I added the cable.

I like the solid/stable base the Stacore footers provide versus the rollerblocks that were used previously.

For those of you not moving to the Pacific, you definitely need to consider the upgrade to GG2. It offers a large step change in performance. I do not think you will be disappointed.

(Usual disclaimer. I have no affiliation with Lampizator, just a very happy customer.)

Re: Lampizator Golden Gate 2

Glad you like our work, Mr. P.
    Thank you
    Jarek Korbicz
    STACORE
    Manufacturer of Advanced Pneumatic
    Anti-vibration Platforms

Re: Lampizator Golden Gate 2

So glad you are happy, Mr. P!

From what I understand there are more improvements to come as it continues to settle in.
    Purpose Built Listening Room: Intuitive Audio Design Gamma Summit Speakers, Gallo CLS-10 subwoofers (2), LampizatOr Pacific, LampizatOr Super Komputer, Musical Concepts Haffler DH-500 (Ultra Elite package), Theorem Acoustics Wave bridge power conditioner, Cables by Theorem Acoustics, Dynamic Deisgn & cables, Verastarr. Room design by Dale Pitcher.

Family Room Rig: Vapor Audio Stiff Breeze, LampizatOr Golden Atlantic, LampizatOr Super Komputer, Musical Design D-75B (with John Hillig's PA-6 upgrades), Pi Audio Uberbuss, Dynamic Design reference cables, Danacable USB.

Industry Affiliation............North American Distributor of LampizatOr Audio.

www.lampizatorna.com

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Lampizator Golden Gate 2