Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Re: Furutech NCF Booster

Actually a pretty good idea. Funny that Furutech lists some awards it has won for "2018." Audio people have no shame!

Banned

i don't know about awards but i think these little devices may be very handy with some of the heavy cables in the market including my own power cords. I ordered a bunch to try them and if they actually improve the sound as well as hold them in the correct position it will be a bonus.

English review is ready - link

Marcin

Furutech NCF Booster

While I’m guilty of some silly (high priced) tweaks in my system. But this is just ridiculous. There is no possible way that lifting a cable off the ground will do anything accept take money from your bank account and put it in theirs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Preamp/Digital: Meitner MA3
    HT Processor: Bryston SP3
    Amps: Bryston 14b3, Bryston 4b3
    Speakers: Kef Reference 5, Kef Reference 4c
    Sub: REL Carbon Special
    Power: Shunyata Denali, Bryston BIT15
    Wires: Wireworld Silver Eclipse XLR & SC, Ethernet - WW Platinum USB
    Other: Stillpoint Ultra SS, ISO-Acoustics ISO Pucks

-Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by Phishphan View Post
    While I’m guilty of some silly (high priced) tweaks in my system. But this is just ridiculous. There is no possible way that lifting a cable off the ground will do anything accept take money from your bank account and put it in theirs.

Just try & hear the difference ;-)
    Marcin

Your assumption is absurd. We spend 99% of our time discussing why this sounds better, that sounds better, people professing Shunyata cables vs. that cable, amp stands, why the best "isolation stands makes so much difference", power isolation, etc BUT when it comes to ensuring that our plug connectors on some of these HUGE powercord have a tight fit with the component, it is "ridiculous".

Now that is ridiculous. I am using a thick power cord (Gobel, not even close to as thick or heavy as competitors) on a very expensive DAC (MSB Select) and the one problem I am having, is ensuring a good tight fit between plug and DAC power supply as the torque of the plug angles the fitting in a precarious way. This device, ingenious in my mind, ensures that torque is eliminated the fit perfect ensuring a perfect connection.

This is definitely one of the more appropriate tweaks in audio compared to some of the real snake oil.

Yep, on the floor would be a better plan. Theoretically in the floor wall corner might be better yet.

There is no possible way that lifting a cable off the ground will do anything...
    Whether or not lifting a cable off the ground does anything is debatable, and probably depends on what is covering the floor and the relative humidity of the room. But that's not the question here, as the purpose of the NCF Booster isn't to lift the plug off the floor per se... it's to support the weight of the plug that's already elevated off the floor (or shelf if it's at the component end). IMO, this is a worthy concept whether it results in better sound or not, as heavy, drooping cables can mean poor connections and/or stress on cables and components.
    Howard

Pass Labs XS 300's, XS Pre | Berkeley Audio Design Alpha DAC Reference Series 3, Alpha USB | Aurender W20SE, ACS10 | Magico S7's with MPOD's, QSub 15 x 2 | Shunyata Denali 2000T x 2 with Sigma HC | Audience aR6-TS Incoming... Shunyata Everest 8000 w/ Omega XC | MIT Heritage and Oracle Interconnects and speaker cables | Critical Mass Maxxum rack | Resolution Acoustics custom room treatments

I added two yesterday supporting the power cables that go into my pass labs amps sitting on SRA ohio platforms. I don't know if its the better cable connection/alignment or perhaps the materials reacting with the furutech FI-50 NCF plugs in my sablon audio power cables but there was a change similar to what was described in the review above. It's only been one day so a lot more listening to come.
    Kronos Sparta / Miyajima Madake / New Audio Frontiers Stradivari Phono / Taiko Extreme / Aqua Acoustics Formula XHD / Townshend Allegri Reference / New Audio Frontiers Reference 845 Mono SE / Marten Coltrane Soprano / Artesania Audio Exoteryc rack / Daiza Isolation

Banned

We have sold over 100 of these devices in the last few months and every single person that bought them , bought more.
    I wont say anymore since that tells the tale.
    I personally am using them in my system on all the power cords and on my speaker cables as well

Cable bras.
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 air bearing table, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, HiFi Rose 150B DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, Parasound JC5 amp , JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Reviewer for Positive Feedback

....and it's a proven fact that can be measured, that carpet carried zero static electricity!!! Yes, I need some for the power cords as the AQ Hurricane are HEAVY beasts, lol. It's worth not having the strain. I just cut some wooden carpet lifters for all cables and have heard a difference. What many don't realize is that sound differences are not usually night and day in this league, but subtle ones. Lowering the noise floor WILL allow yo to hear details that you would miss otherwise. Making bold statements about products that you have obviously NOT had in your system and most probably have never evne heard in a store shows major ignorance. Nothing to see here, just move on...
    System:
    Vandersteen Quatro CT
    Ayre AX5/20
    The Memory Player with built in DAC and headphone amp built in on order
    AQ Niagara 1000 power device
    Audioquest William Tell bi wire speaker cable
    Wireworld 8 optical cable into the Empirical Audio Synchro Mesh from the TV and Blueray to reclock
    Wireworld Platnium 8 ethernet cables into the EMO 70e ethernet filter into The Memory Player from Eero mesh router
    All routers, cable box and synchro mesh powered by the Wyred4sound LPS box with separate supplies for each
    Audioquest power outlets and four dedicated power lines in the room
    ZMF Ori headphones with the Audioarts 15' Pono balanced cable for the QX5/20
    Empire Ears Phantom CIEM's
    Rhapsodio 2.98 mk2 gold plated silver cable for Phantom

Quote Originally Posted by Ctsooner View Post
    ....and it's a proven fact that can be measured, that carpet carried zero static electricity!!! ...................
    Static electricity is just a difference in potential between two things. At least one of those things needs a very high insulation resistance. Can't call it DC (Direct Current) because no current is involved until it discharges or arcs and then it's gone (for the moment). It's of no concern to the low impedance AC power system, but it is of concern to sensitive signal inputs, when connecting cables. Once the cables are connected it's no concern to them either.

If you have fire hose sized powe cables with 5 lb connectors on each end, you need a cable bra to keep one end of the connector in the wall and the other end plugged into your components. I have seen lots of pictures of people’s systems with fire hose cables and you can clearly see the cables trying to pull themselves out of the wall and out of the components. They are barely making a connection.
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 air bearing table, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, HiFi Rose 150B DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, Parasound JC5 amp , JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and Definitive Technology Ref subs.

A fire hose size AC power cord is like adding a few heavy links to a chain and thinking that somehow it will be stronger. Georg Ohm and Gustav Kirchhoff would not understand and neither does the electricity.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Speedskater View Post
    A fire hose size AC power cord is like adding a few heavy links to a chain and thinking that somehow it will be stronger. Georg Ohm and Gustav Kirchhoff would not understand and neither does the electricity.
    I can't speak about static electricity since I am not a scientist however a heavy end on the end of a cable acts a lever from physics and to pervent that lever pulling down on the cable and forcing the connector to come loose or only have a partial connection to the wall is what the cable boosters do as well as what the material itself does . This can you read about in the literature since again I am not a scientist and won't make claims about what I don't truly understand.
    One thing I do appreciate however is how everyone agrees that isolating their components on spikes/racks/stands etc/ improves the sound of the system particularly the focus and clarity of images and then think that laying the wire on the ground where it is then affected by vibration isn't affected by the same vibrations. Mechanical vibration effects all components and that includes wire and cables.

Speed, they do that to sell them. I'm not, nor do I want to be an engineer. I just listen to things and if I like them and I can afford, I purchase. I finally got power cords for the first time once I heard the Dragon and Hurricane. They made such a positive difference, that my wife asked what I had purchased. She didn't see any new boxes, so she wasn't able to figure it out (I use plants to hide cables and outlets along with defusing the sound on the sides of the TV and a few other places). Cheap and helps the room.

I also was with Garth Powell when he the top three cables in prototype form. We all played with them, including various connectors. I promise you that we all heard the same differences. Subtle for sure, but they were very real. He has measurements for everything he does. I'm sure you and others may try and poke holes, which is your prerogative, but I trust my ears. As for the topic at hand, I was thinking about getting a set for the component end as I plug them all into a Niagara and don't need it for that. Also the cable running from the Niagara into the wall is fully supported by the wood blocks I made and it took the stress off both plugs.
    System:
    Vandersteen Quatro CT
    Ayre AX5/20
    Wireworld 8 optical cable into the Empirical Audio Synchro Mesh from the TV and Blueray to reclock
    Wireworld Platnium 8 ethernet cables into the EMO 70e ethernet filter into The Memory Player from Eero mesh router
    All routers, cable box and synchro mesh powered by the Wyred4sound LPS box with separate supplies for each

Quote Originally Posted by Ctsooner View Post
    Speed, do all cables sound the same too?
    Of course not. There are lot's of bad audiophile cables out there.

Quote Originally Posted by BendingWave View Post
    .................................................. ..
    One thing I do appreciate however is how everyone agrees that isolating their components on spikes/racks/stands etc/ improves the sound of the system particularly the focus and clarity of images and then think that laying the wire on the ground where it is then affected by vibration isn't affected by the same vibrations. Mechanical vibration effects all components and that includes wire and cables.
    Well NO.
    Only some audiophiles think that.
    It's just turntables, loudspeakers, vacuum tubes and components with moving parts (fans, hard-drives & CD players) that need to be concerned with vibrations.

Of course not. There are lot's of bad audiophile cables out there.
    Thanks Speed. I actually changed my post as I read it adn it didn't sound nice. Sorry if you took it the wrong way. the problem when we discuss digital is that there are too many variables and right now, I bet we can't even understand fully what they all may be. As I've posted in this thread or another one, I've heard the same DAC sound different in two different outlets in my room. I had the Electrican pull two separated dedicated outlets that have individual earth grounds when they built my townhouse. He didn't charge me anything extra, so I thought it would be fun to have. The same DAC sounded a bit different on the dedicated one, the circuit that the lights and other things are on. Using the Niagara conditioner (or whatever Garth calls, it, lol) made a huge difference adn was best on all set ups. It really shined when I put it on one of the dedicated outlets and then put the power amps on the other one without any conditioner.

Again, I don't understand any of it. I also use an EMO medical grade isolator in-between two Wireworld Platinum cat8 ethernet cords for my servers connection to the net (I can also go fully stealth and not have it on the net at all). I noticed a substantial difference doing this compared to no isolation.
    System:
    Vandersteen Quatro CT
    Ayre AX5/20

Banned

Well NO.
    Only some audiophiles think that.
    It's just turntables, loudspeakers, vacuum tubes and components with moving parts (fans, hard-drives & CD players) that need to be concerned with vibrations.
    No that is not a fact. YOU MAY NOT BE CONCERNED that does not make everyone not concerned. The internet is full of ONE man surveys . Please don't make generalizations that are not fact based. You have your opinion but you do not speak for the majority. Every show I do and go to I see EVERY single room addressing these issues.
    . Every High end manufacturer I am aware of is very concerned with mechanical vibration. CH Precision for example goes to great pains to make sure their products and structural sound and mechanical isolated from vibration.
    If a tube product needs isolation why doesn't a solid state Speed? All circuit boards are subject to it.

No that is not a fact. YOU MAY NOT BE CONCERNED that does not make everyone not concerned. The internet is full of ONE man surveys . Please don't make generalizations that are not fact based. You have your opinion but you do not speak for the majority. Every show I do and go to I see EVERY single room addressing these issues...................................
    OK, show me the facts!
    Now that some high-tech cell-phones have accelerometers. You can add that into the audio measurements and O-scope traces.

Banned

OK, show me the facts!
    Now that some high-tech cell-phones have accelerometers. You can add that into the audio measurements and O-scope traces.
    Wow I just did Skater.
    There isn't one manufacturer of high end audio products that doesn't address mechanical vibration in their products.
    It is evident in amps, pre- amps, transports, speakers, cables etc.
    You are just like many on the internet that when you don't agree everyone else is wrong.
    What cell phones have to do with this is beyond me. I don't know of any manufacturer that does NOT address this.
    I speak from experience not from opinion. I guess these companies are all incorrect and you are right.
    I am not trying to argue with you just make a point that it is important and does effect the result. If you don't agree that is your prerogative however not everything can be effectively measured or understood through measurements at least at this time.

Actually I asked two well known designers about this topic and they said OF COURSE they address it. They address it in every aspect of their designs. The boards are as mechanically isolated as they are able to get them and they also chose their feed specifically for the cabinet they are using. Different materials etc for their CNC cabinets and different ones for their folded metal/steel plate cabinets. Different resonance I assume. I know that when I change out footers on my amps, DAC and server, there are sound differences.

You just need good ears and a high Rez system to hear things.
    System:
    Vandersteen Quatro CT
    Ayre AX5/20

Something new from NCF Booster family - Brace Power Connector Damping Support
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Marcin

How much for the power connector dampening supports?

Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    How much for the power connector dampening supports?
    I found double for 205$ - link
    Marcin

Precisely
    And it costs nothing to make such a simple experience as this

Attached Images Attached Images

I'm going to start selling audiophile worry beads and there will be a bead for every audiophile angst. The worry beads will be a very long string due to all the different audiophile angst that looms out there. Of course the beads will be cryo treated and damped in order to prevent any sort of resonance and to ensure their clarity of thought.

Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    I'm going to start selling audiophile worry beads and there will be a bead for every audiophile angst. The worry beads will be a very long string due to all the different audiophile angst that looms out there. Of course the beads will be cryo treated and damped in order to prevent any sort of resonance and to ensure their clarity of thought.

How much Mark?

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

Quote Originally Posted by Ritmo View Post

How much Mark?
    $100 per bead and a bargain at that Mike!

Marcin

It's amazing that someone can write such a long review about an audio product that doesn't do anything.

Furutech NCF Booster

I’m looking to obtain one and have it on my someday list, I am not interested if it would do anything to sound, but more so for helping support the power cable coming out the preamp that sits up I’m guessing 4”.

Furutech is a top shelf maker in my book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R w/4point 11 arm | Kuzma 50 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum HD and M400’s | Boulder 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Leif, Norse, V2 and Odin
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

It's amazing that someone can write such a long review about an audio product that doesn't do anything.
    Are you sure ?
    Do you have test one ?
    Marantz SA7S1/GRIMM AUDIO CC1/MARK LEVINSON 360S+TECHNICS SL1210 MKII/ORTOFON X1-MC/VPI CLASSIC 3 in rosewood/Audio-Technica ART-9/ESOTERIC E03+TAG MC LAREN T32R+JEFF ROWLAND CORUS+JEFF ROWLAND MODEL 625+Magnepan 3.7i+Cables line: all Furutech lineflux+power cord DIY

Yon don't know what you lose...
    Marantz SA7S1/GRIMM AUDIO CC1/MARK LEVINSON 360S+TECHNICS SL1210 MKII/ORTOFON X1-MC/VPI CLASSIC 3 in rosewood/Audio-Technica ART-9/ESOTERIC E03+TAG MC LAREN T32R+JEFF ROWLAND CORUS+JEFF ROWLAND MODEL 625+Magnepan 3.7i+Cables line: all Furutech lineflux+power cord DIY

I have bought 3 Furutech NCF Booster and 6 Furutech NCF Booster signal.
    NCF Booster are with preamplifier, amplifier and DAC.
    NCF Booster signal are with speaker cables : 3 by cable.

This is a great improvement in my system.
    Sound is more accuracy, more warm, more 3D...

I don't believe it.

I will buy more Furutech NCF Booster.

Difficult to believe me, I know...
    I hesitate two years to buy them...Big mistake because big sound with this Furutech Booster...

Now, I have them one month ago.
    3 per speaker cable, 1 for the preamplifier, 1 for the amplifier and 1 for the home theater preamplifier.

first test :
    1 per speaker cable : sound was improved, more accuracy...

second test :
    2 per speaker cable : second NCF Booster signal is in the middle of the speaker cable
    No change ????
    So second NCF Booster signal is just under loudspeaker connectors : sound was improved too..a little more 3D

third test :
    1 NCF Booster on the preamplifier : big improvement, sound are clearer and warmer, a little more bass
    2 NCF Booster signal per speaker cable

4th test :
    1 NCF Booster on the preamplifier
    2 NCF Booster signal per speaker cable

+ 1 NCF Booster on the amplifier : vocals are better in place, I can say that with Gospel CD...
    The backing vocals are well behind the lead singer and the lead singer is well in the center of the two speakers, which was not the case before.

+ 2 NCF Booster signal per speaker cable just under the amplifie connector

5th test :
    3 per speaker cable, 1 for the preamplifier, 1 for the amplifier and 1 for the home theater preamplifier.

For the Hifi, differences are present, we can listen some improvements in all domain, voices seem more naturel, but the big big difference is with the home theater.
    On the 4K Bohemian Rhapsody, at the final of the movie, clearly, my friend and me are very surprised. It's not a litte improvement, but a big improvement ! Queen is in the room, voice are very very naturel.

Feels like at the concert, a feeling that I hadn't had before.

Do you believe I am crazy ?
    Test them...You don't believe you will listen with this little accessories...

Hope this help !

This time Furutech went deeper - NCF Clear Line
    Marcin

Did anyone try the NCF Clear Line?
    Triangle Magellan Concerto 2 < AQ Everest < Vitus Audio SS-010 Mk2 < AQ Dragon HC < AQ WEL Signature XLR < Chord Qutest w UpTone JS-2 & AQ Dragon Source < SOtM tX-USBultra w 75Ohm Master Clock Input, Paul Hynes SR5-12 Turbo XL & AQ Dragon Source < AQ Diamond USB < Aurender N-100H w AQ Dragon Source < Gryphon PowerZone w AQ NRG-Wild < Solid Tech Hybrid < Ansuz Darkz D-TC, Darkz D2, Stillpoints Ultra SS, Omicron Harmonic Stabilizer & Gold SE < Furutech FT-SWS < Synergistic Research Blue Quantum Fuse

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Furutech NCF Booster