Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lumin D2

Super Moderator

Re: Lumin D2

Welcome to the forum.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Audioshark

Lumin app does not have EQ, but it has a plethora of upsampling options and with a Lumin, you can also use Roon which does have EQ options. Lumin has QoBuz and Tidal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by Audio4me View Post
    I have an older I pad mini. What is the oldest version of IOS that will work with the Lumin app?
    iOS 8.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Hi Peter

Few days ago I saw a notice for new firmware (vers. 11.6) for my D2. After the update my Lumin always stops playing music after several songs then continues the song again after few minutes. This has never happened before with the older firmware. Could you see the possibility if the new firmware somehow create this issue. Btw, there is no change to the network where Lumin is connected to. Appreciate your suggestion.

thanks

Harry

In a pretty high end system what sound quality difference would I hear going from a Bluesound Node2 to the Lumin D2?

Quote Originally Posted by klipschman70 View Post
    Few days ago I saw a notice for new firmware (vers. 11.6) for my D2. After the update my Lumin always stops playing music after several songs then continues the song again after few minutes. This has never happened before with the older firmware. Could you see the possibility if the new firmware somehow create this issue. Btw, there is no change to the network where Lumin is connected to.
    Please power cycle the D2. Save your current playlist, clear the current playlist, then add a few albums from MinimServer and try playing them again.

I'll also test it in my setup at work. However, it's been almost 2 weeks since the release of the firmware, and we have not received any other firmware 11.6 issue report.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

In a pretty high end system what sound quality difference would I hear going from a Bluesound Node2 to the Lumin D2?
    Hello Audio4me, I heard the Blusound 2i (from my son-in-law) and I had the Lumin D2, for my ears there is a lot of difference between these 2 streamers. Lumin D2 is a wonderful team, it has a very natural and great sound, the musicality of Lumin D2 is exceptional. If you can give yourself the pleasure to buy the D2 do not hesitate. Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by wklie View Post
    Please power cycle the D2. Save your current playlist, clear the current playlist, then add a few albums from MinimServer and try playing them again.

I'll also test it in my setup at work. However, it's been almost 2 weeks since the release of the firmware, and we have not received any other firmware 11.6 issue report.
    Hi Peter

Thanks for your quick response. I did cycle the power to my Lumin and it still stops playing music after few songs and then continues playing again. Next I will try to clear current playlist.

Harry

Peter

I had it happen also multiple times using the NT-505 with the Lumin app. Switched to the HR Streamer app and the problem went away. Seems to have started after the IOS 13.1.1 bug fix earlier in the week. Just noticed there is now another bug fix 13.1.2 so no telling what it will do.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

I did cycle the power to my Lumin and it still stops playing music after few songs and then continues playing again. Next I will try to clear current playlist.
    When it "stops playing", is the track completely played or is it in the middle?

When it "continues playing again", does it repeat the last played track, from the point where it stopped (if wasn't completely played), or does it play from the next track in the playlist?

From the Lumin to your network switch/router, is it all wired without going through any WiFi conversion?

Is your iOS device running iOS 13.x?

Due to what Jack said, could you try: start playback in repeat mode, then power down your iOS device. See if the Lumin still stops playback unexpectedly.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I had it happen also multiple times using the NT-505 with the Lumin app. Switched to the HR Streamer app and the problem went away. Seems to have started after the IOS 13.1.1 bug fix earlier in the week.
    Both Lumin and NT-505 (current firmware: Dec 2018), because of OpenHome standard, are supposed to keep playing the playlist even if the iPad is powered down. While we are taking care of cosmetic issues in Lumin app bring by iOS 13, music playback problem is currently unexpected at this point.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Peter

When the music stops the timer and the circle keep moving. Sometimes it will come back in the same song and sometimes at the start of the next one.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

When it "stops playing", is the track completely played or is it in the middle?

When it "continues playing again", does it repeat the last played track, from the point where it stopped (if wasn't completely played), or does it play from the next track in the playlist?

From the Lumin to your network switch/router, is it all wired without going through any WiFi conversion?

Is your iOS device running iOS 13.x?

Due to what Jack said, could you try: start playback in repeat mode, then power down your iOS device. See if the Lumin still stops playback unexpectedly.
    Peter

My Lumin stops playing in the middle of the song (incomplete) then after a while it continues playing from where it stops. Exactly the same effect if you would press pause button.

There is no wifi conversion between my Lumin to router and NAS. And I use android device not iOS.

Harry

I tested Firmware 11.6 with iOS 13.1.2 and did not experience this issue.

Harry,

Please power down the Lumin, Android device and NAS. Power cycle the wifi router and all network switches. Wait for 5 minutes then power them up.

Then use Lumin app to factory reset the D2, in settings, options under D2, About.

If it still has problem please try playing an album from usb drive plugged into D2 instead of NAS, and use a different network cable connected to a different network port.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

I tested Firmware 11.6 with iOS 13.1.2 and did not experience this issue.

Harry,

Please power down the Lumin, Android device and NAS. Power cycle the wifi router and all network switches. Wait for 5 minutes then power them up.

Then use Lumin app to factory reset the D2, in settings, options under D2, About.

If it still has problem please try playing an album from usb drive plugged into D2 instead of NAS, and use a different network cable connected to a different network port.
    Peter

Ok, I will cycle power etc, once i get a chance, but I wonder why. It has been fine for a year until the last update. And I use wireworld cat8 cable between my Lumin and router. Is there any possibility for you to test with Android device instead of iOS?

Thanks again

Harry

Yes, I can test that next week after our holiday. By design the control point cannot cause the player to stop playback though. You can shutdown your Android device and the Lumin D2 will still play.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Yes, I can test that next week after our holiday. By design the control point cannot cause the player to stop playback though. You can shutdown your Android device and the Lumin D2 will still play.
    Thanks for your continuous support Peter.

Harry

Peter, what do you think sounds better, the T1 or the D2? Primarily for streaming Tidal and Qubuz.

Does D2 streaming of Tidal and Quobuz sound better than a cd?

Audioshark

Does D2 streaming of Tidal and Quobuz sound better than a cd?
    No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Is there any possibility for you to test with Android device instead of iOS?
    Done and have not experienced the problem you described.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Done and have not experienced the problem you described.
    Hi Peter

I finally managed to cycle power to all my network devices as you recommended (router, switch, NAS and even my android device). After booting up, my Lumin plays music without stopping any longer! Thanks for your help!

Can anybody comment on the sound quality of the D2 compared to the Bluesound Node2?

Can anybody comment on the sound quality of the D2 compared to the Bluesound Node2?
    Look at message #107, if you have more questions I am at your disposal

Hello, I’ve currently been using the D2 the past couple years plugged into my mc5200 integrated amps balanced xlr inputs with great results.

I’m curious if I can have the D2 xlr balanced outs plugged into the McIntosh, and also use the unbalanced rca outputs on the Lumin to a separate headphone amp?

Not playing at the same time, but plugged in at the same time so I can switch back and forth between my Regular McIntosh living room set up, or when I want to listen to headphones through a separate amp without having to unplug cables every time?

Yes, as long as it does not cause a ground loop.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Excellent! Thank you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Lumin D2