Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Thread: Gobel Cables

Gobel Cables

My buddy Elliot in Ft. Lauderdale has become the distributor of Gobel in the USA. While he hasn't yet taken delivery of speakers, supposedly coming in November, he did get his demo cables which includes a 2 meter power cord, 3 meter speaker cable, 1.2 meter USB and 1.2 meter Ethernet cables.

He dropped them off at my house last week for me to burn them in until his demo speakers come in, all but the ethernet cable, and the XLR cable due to come any day.

My system is MSB Select II direct to GS150 and Nola Concert Grands using all Valhalla 2.

First, the build of cables are second to none. I have never seen a cable as well machined and put together as these. Works of art to use an over the top vernacular. And they look awesome.

My initial impressions of the speaker cables have been extremely positive. I have been experimenting with some SS amps in my system, all having better low end control and a little more dimensionality to the upper octaves than my GS150. All I can say is I can't believe the difference in the low end control these cables are giving me. After about 50 hours spatial cues are beyond anything I have heard so far on my system. I was listening to Leonard Cohen and his vocal cords were literally in my head. Surreal experience. These speaker cables are bringing me, on my tube amp, the best I have heard on SS and improving on what my tubes do so well in midrange detail. I really didn't think it would be this big of difference from my V2. And they are still breaking in. I will be doing some more experimenting with D'Ag S250 and CH Precision M1, the former I have tried with my V2 and the latter I have yet to try.

Just put the USB into the system and can't comment yet.

Also no XLR as yet.

Not looking forward to letting them out of my grasp, but right now the price is somewhat out of my range. Since these are predominately European I am not sure how many have had the pleasure to try them but if you can afford them my preliminary impressions are they are awesome.

More to come.

Banned

Re: Gobel Cables

Thank you for your efforts and kind words. We should have the balanced cables and 20 amp IEC power cords next week.

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum, thank you for joining.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Welcome to the forum, thank you for joining.
    Hi Joe,

Once Elliot gets up and running these cables are a must try. They are remarkable and really have taken my system to new levels. I am lucky that it is going to take Elliot some time to get his distributorship demo room up and running and I get to play with these (and some other toys still to come) for a few months. Needless to say I have been more than impressed.

Also, his USB cable just broke in and another level of performance I was not expecting. This week he should be getting the XLR as well as a 20 amp power cord for my GS150 so I will have a full Gobel cable system for trial.

If I can raise the bucks, my first purchase would probably be replacing my Valhalla 2 with these speaker cables. Not cheap, but they are doing things in my system I really never imagined possible. With the MSB Select II everything really reveals itself.

Howie

Super Moderator

Hi Howie,

Thant's great. It could be fun to try new cables. Let us know how your system settles in and please keep us updated on Elliot's progress.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by Priaptor View Post
    My buddy Elliot in Ft. Lauderdale has become the distributor of Gobel in the USA. While he hasn't yet taken delivery of speakers, supposedly coming in November, he did get his demo cables which includes a 2 meter power cord, 3 meter speaker cable, 1.2 meter USB and 1.2 meter Ethernet cables.

He dropped them off at my house last week for me to burn them in until his demo speakers come in, all but the ethernet cable, and the XLR cable due to come any day.

My system is MSB Select II direct to GS150 and Nola Concert Grands using all Valhalla 2.

More to come.
    Pri

Di you move to Fla?
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

Banned

Hi Joe,

Once Elliot gets up and running these cables are a must try. They are remarkable and really have taken my system to new levels. I am lucky that it is going to take Elliot some time to get his distributorship demo room up and running and I get to play with these (and some other toys still to come) for a few months. Needless to say I have been more than impressed.

Also, his USB cable just broke in and another level of performance I was not expecting. This week he should be getting the XLR as well as a 20 amp power cord for my GS150 so I will have a full Gobel cable system for trial.

If I can raise the bucks, my first purchase would probably be replacing my Valhalla 2 with these speaker cables. Not cheap, but they are doing things in my system I really never imagined possible. With the MSB Select II everything really reveals itself.

Howie
    I believe the Balanced cables are due to ship Friday with the 20 amp IEC power cords. I will get them to you as soon as I can so you will be able to experience your whole system wired with Lacorde Statement cables.

Quote Originally Posted by wisnon View Post
    Pri

Di you move to Fla?
    Hi Norman

I have a place in FL and my second home in Montana. I have been in FL since 87 and Montana since 2002. While FL is my main location I like to refer to myself as a Montanan with Brooklyn roots.

Howie

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Hi Howie,

Thant's great. It could be fun to try new cables. Let us know how your system settles in and please keep us updated on Elliot's progress.
    Will do.

I am excited for him as based on my experience with the cables I think he has a winner to bring to the North America market. I haven't heard the speakers yet. I believe he gets his first pairs, the Epoque Fine and Epoque Reference end of November or December and the tentative plan is to set up the Fine in my home till he gets his studio setup. It will be fun to compare them to my Nola Concert Grands, although the Reference might be the better comparison based on price and size. The technology of the "bending wave" is intriguing but we will see. The other interesting thing is that Elliot has also become a CH Precision dealer and will be getting his first M1 amp hopefully next week which we are also going to "burn in" at my house till he gets his studio setup. That is the amp Gobels uses in Germany but I will be driving it direct with my MSB Select II so some interesting trial in the next couple of months.

As for now I am really enjoying my system. The cables he gave me so far are awesome and getting better with time. Oliver (Gobel) claims 200-300 hours are needed for full break in. Truly a noticeable difference after 100 hours.

Howie

Hi Norman

I have a place in FL and my second home in Montana. I have been in FL since 87 and Montana since 2002. While FL is my main location I like to refer to myself as a Montanan with Brooklyn roots.

Howie
    OK,

Understood Howie. I think A.Wayne is in FTL too.
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

Will do.

I am excited for him as based on my experience with the cables I think he has a winner to bring to the North America market. I haven't heard the speakers yet. I believe he gets his first pairs, the Epoque Fine and Epoque Reference end of November or December and the tentative plan is to set up the Fine in my home till he gets his studio setup. It will be fun to compare them to my Nola Concert Grands, although the Reference might be the better comparison based on price and size. The technology of the "bending wave" is intriguing but we will see. The other interesting thing is that Elliot has also become a CH Precision dealer and will be getting his first M1 amp hopefully next week which we are also going to "burn in" at my house till he gets his studio setup. That is the amp Gobels uses in Germany but I will be driving it direct with my MSB Select II so some interesting trial in the next couple of months.

As for now I am really enjoying my system. The cables he gave me so far are awesome and getting better with time. Oliver (Gobel) claims 200-300 hours are needed for full break in. Truly a noticeable difference after 100 hours.

Howie
    Anyone who would like to setup shop close to my place? Happy to host some Goebel gear in my system for a while...Gobel Cables.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

I am just amazed at how many cable vendors there are. I keep reading how the high end audio market is dying, but the explosion of cable vendors seems to contradict that.
    Bud

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson four shelf maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

Bud

Since getting in the cable business takes the least initial investment compared to other "audio components" like speakers, amps, digital gear those guys can keep popping in and out of view and re-invent themselves over and over. Take the guys from Virtual Dynamics now High Fidelity cables as an example.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Jack, good point. I guess like for anything else we should do our homework and research before buying. Still, just the fact there are so many cable vendors helps validate the idea of “cables matter”.
    Bud

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson four shelf maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

Banned

Hello Guys,
    Like most things in the world different points of view along with varied experiences and training produce different paths and results. The technology behind the Gobel products are specified on the website along with some of the journey. Cables absolutely matter. The mating of cables with the system is as important as any other factors in producing a superior musical result. I am thrilled with the level of performance that Gobel High End products offer and to be honest the cables totally exceeded my expectations in Howie's system which is very different than where we had heard and tested them before.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
    I am just amazed at how many cable vendors there are. I keep reading how the high end audio market is dying, but the explosion of cable vendors seems to contradict that.
    To be honest, I am not sure what % of Gobel's business is based on cables versus his speakers but I assuming (possibly/likely wrong) he likely went the cable route to compliment his speakers. He is not just a "cable vendor" and as a result, to be honest, when I put them in my system, I wasn't expecting what I heard. Also it is not like I was replacing lousy cables with his as I have been using Nordost Valhalla 2 almost since they came to market.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuoppis View Post
    Anyone who would like to setup shop close to my place? Happy to host some Goebel gear in my system for a while...Gobel Cables.

It's a mixed blessing, trust me. While I am enjoying the ride it is also a curse. When you hear something so good, you don't want to let go of it. At this point by no means can I afford what Elliot has given me to "burn in" but boy do I want it. My "plan" was to get a second power supply for my MSB Select II. Well Hurricane Irma put a damper in those "plans" as a result of the money having to go into noncovered roof repairs. If and when I get back on my feet however, I now want to find a way to start funding some of these amazing cables if I can. The cables I have, the Nordost Valhalla2 are wonderful, but these are a different league IMHO.

So it's a love hate relationship. Love it when you have it and I am sure will hate it when Elliot takes them back for his studio. So I guess I can just enjoy the moment and relay my experiences as few have heard these.

Best
    Howie

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kuoppis View Post

Sorry I can't accommodate you. LOL

Banned

It's a mixed blessing, trust me. While I am enjoying the ride it is also a curse. When you hear something so good, you don't want to let go of it. At this point by no means can I afford what Elliot has given me to "burn in" but boy do I want it. My "plan" was to get a second power supply for my MSB Select II. Well Hurricane Irma put a damper in those "plans" as a result of the money having to go into noncovered roof repairs. If and when I get back on my feet however, I now want to find a way to start funding some of these amazing cables if I can. The cables I have, the Nordost Valhalla2 are wonderful, but these are a different league IMHO.

So it's a love hate relationship. Love it when you have it and I am sure will hate it when Elliot takes them back for his studio. So I guess I can just enjoy the moment and relay my experiences as few have heard these.

Best
    Howie
    Psst Howie, are we alone? I hope no one can hear me. I don't want them to ask to borrow my newest addition that just today.....
    Eat your Wheaties its really heavy

Best
    Howie
    Hi Priaptor.
    I think we both have something in common, the luck (or misfortune) of being friends with the Göbel importer for our country.
    When a month ago he came from Seville to Malaga (they are only 200 Km) to bring me the Ethernet Göbel that I had bought him. He also brought a Göbel XLR, he said just to play for a while, nothing important ......... Well the short continuation of the story is that my new Göbel XLR came to me.
    Next Saturday he comes to my house to dismantle the Turntable that I sold him, he "threatens" me to bring another XLR to complete the loom. He also says that he has received and tasted the Göbel speakers and he says they are really fantastic ......... oh my God, the problem is that none of my three children is already living with me to be able to sell at least one .. ...
    Francisco

Aries Cerat Kassandra Ref. MKII / Taiko Extreme Server / Gryphon Essence Preamplifier and Stereo Amplifier / Rockport Atria I / REL S-812 (2) / Göbel XLR (2), Göbel Ethernet and USB Cables / MIT Magnum MA Speakers Cables / Shunyata Everest 8000 / Shunyata Omega XC (1), Sigma NR V2 (4) and Alfa NR V1 (2) / Taiko Switch / Paul Hynes SR7T Double Rail / Farad Super3 / Doepke DFS-2 40A / GigaWatt G-C16A 2P / Fuse module AHP 4Gi / Center Stage2 0.8, 1.0 and 1.5

No Góbel speake, but Góbel speaker cable.
    Francisco

Aries Cerat Kassandra Ref. MKII / Taiko Extreme Server / Gryphon Essence Preamplifier and Stereo Amplifier / Rockport Atria I / REL S-812 (2) / Göbel XLR (2), Göbel Ethernet and USB Cables / MIT Magnum MA Speakers Cables / Shunyata Everest 8000 / Shunyata Omega XC (1), Sigma NR V2 (4) and Alfa NR V1 (2) / Taiko Switch / Paul Hynes SR7T Double Rail / Farad Super3 / Doepke DFS-2 40A / GigaWatt G-C16A 2P / Fuse module AHP 4Gi / Center Stage2 0.8, 1.0 and 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by nonesup View Post
    No Góbel speake, but Góbel speaker cable.
    Addicting they are.

Hi Priator,
    i am trying a whole set of Gobel Lacorde cable on my CH system and i am really shocked
    I have RCA from Vyger to phono
    Xlr from P1 to L1
    Xlr from L1 to M1
    speaker cable
    8 power cord
    tomorrow will do a report

Attached Images Attached Images

They do for sure look impressive and also very well build.
    Flemming

Lumin X1
    Rotel Michi S5
    Focus Audio FS788

Inter connect : Nordost Tyr 2 ( 2 Meter )
    LS cable : Yter
    Power Cables : Nordost Frey 2 ( 2 Meter )
    Nordost QB8
    Fibercable for feeding the Lumin X1
    Rack : Finite Elemente Pagode

A friend just brought over a pair of Gobel Lacorde Statement Speaker cables. I swapped out my Nordost Valhalla cables, which admittedly i don’t really like but were bought in order to go under a rug, being supremely flat. Oh my god! The difference is absolutely mind blowing. Any brightness or harshness previously present with the Valhalla has completely disappeared. It is almost as if the entire system has been upgraded, i Shxt you not. Will try and summarize more later but for now i have never ever heard such a transformation. I have no idea what the MSRP is, which is good because i am less biased but i presume they aren’t cheap...

I tried near all top cable,except Odin and Siltech,and found this absolutely the best and no comparison with others.
    Sound very natural,dense and organic,bass perfect and don't dirty the mid bass,full of details and some i never listen,speaker disappear,and scene and depth incredible
    Other 3 friends tried in this days and will buy and one shop friend tried one xlr and was shocked and would like to became distributor in italy

Absolutly to try

Quote Originally Posted by gian60 View Post
    I tried near all top cable,except Odin and Siltech,and found this absolutely the best and no comparison with others.
    Sound very natural,dense and organic,bass perfect and don't dirty the mid bass,full of details and some i never listen,speaker disappear,and scene and depth incredible
    Other 3 friends tried in this days and will buy and one shop friend tried one xlr and was shocked and would like to became distributor in italy

Absolutly to try
    I have to say i am really surprised. I don’t have much interest in cable rolling so it is a pleasant surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by gian60 View Post

Absolutly to try
    That’s a lot of Goebel. I have not seen or heard them other then the forums, but they have a nice look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R w/4point 11 arm | Kuzma 50 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum HD and M400’s | Boulder 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Leif, Norse, V2 and Odin
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Gobel Cables