Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Devialet Expert Pro 440 v 220

All,

I have an Expert Pro 220 and I am considering an upgrade to either one of several different amps or by buying a slave 220 (see separate thread in the Amplifier forum) to turn my 220 into a 440.

I will test at home the slave 220. I would be interested in thoughts from anyone who has heard both the 220 and 440.

Thanks.

AJR

Re: Devialet Expert Pro 440 v 220

More airy, better soundstage, more details in the mids, deeper and stronger bass and over all better resolution at low volumes, You will be satisfiedDevialet Expert Pro 440 v 220

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Wow. Sounds good. That much better?! Have you compared to my other options - ie Gryphon Diablo 300, T+A, Vitus SIA-025 etc?

Diabolo is a bit smoother with less details, SIA 025 also smoother with less bass performance but better resolution by lower levels, T + A 3000 combine all the sound of them. Prob is service time. 2 – 4 weeks are normal for T+A in Germany!

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

I used to have D200 for half year, and add another 200 slave.

I would say it’s an upgrade to all lines, & The difference is not subtle. If you really like devialet sound signature, better u add another slave.
    Jesse

Thales Slim II ( EMT 75G) , Audio Technica ART-9
    Lumin X1 - Melco N1A/2
    Accuphase 2420, A48, C37
    Tannoy Kenn. GR

Cables: Ansuz Mainz (Dtc,diamond) PC - Shunyata Alpha Digital PC - Western Electric IC - Western Electric 1960 SC - Audioquest Vodka Ethernet
    Power Cond: Sound Application SA-240TZ

I am a Devialet dealer. I have the 220, 440 and Expert Pro 1000 in our listening studio. The 220 is "ok" and is good value (dac, phono stage, pre and amp) for the $$$, but sonically it does not WOW compared to it's bigger siblings!

The 440 on the other hand takes the sonic experience to the level as described above. When you hear the 440 you would think that this takes it "all the way" and it sort of does as well described above. That is until you listen to the EP 1000, which really is something special in imho.

AFter being used to the EP 1000 I could still live with a EP 440, as it gets a lot of the full Dev sonic experience, which compared to the Expert Pro 1000 the 220 does not.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Devialet Expert Pro 440 v 220