Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Magenpan 3.7i - What amplifier ?

I just acquired the 3.7i Magnepan speakers and trying to find the amps to go with, Will pair with my AirTight ATC2 tube preamp.

Here are my 3 amplifiers on the short list.

1. Bryston 4B3 ( goes up to 500 watts with 4ohms ) - $6000 MSRP

2. Bryston 7B3 ( Mono with 900 watts)-$12,000 MSRP

3. PassLabs X260.8 ( mono ) - MSRP $13,500 MSRP

Any one using the amps above ? In terms of power I don't listen too loud so 4B3 really makes sense and $$$

But i'm open to your opinion.

Thanks
    Paul

Super Moderator

Re: Magenpan 3.7i - What amplifier ?

I vote for the Pass X250.8
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

You should try SS and also a push pull like AR 250 or VAC

I've heard those speakers driven by ModWright Instruments KWA 150 Signature Edition amplifier , sounded effortless and awesome.
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

Finland, that´s somewhere in Northern Europe

I did own 3.7s, and really liked the Devialet 400 with them. I´ve heard the 3.7i:s with Bel Canto 600 monoblocks/2.7 DAC, and they were a very good match, too. None of those were in your shortlist, so apologies for the OT.

Audioshark

Any of those choices are good!

Agree with the ARC 250SE as well.

I've owned 5 pairs of Maggie's in my life. I really liked them with McIntosh too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Hi Paul,

I owned the Magnepan 3.7's and they have terrific synergy with Pass Labs amps. Virtually a can't miss combination but you should audition anyway before purchasing.

Best,
    Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps; MSB M204 Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

Joel of 6 moons and dpod4 on this forum preferred the 20.7 best with Luxman. Joel went through many SS amps including Karan 2000.

Another consideration is a Sanders Magtech...

http://www.sanderssoundsystems.com/p...rs/magtech-amp

These are fabulous with electrostatic and planar magnetic speakers and don't break the bank ($5500). The 30 day in-home trial is also a bonus.
    Kevin

Main: VPI Aries 3/Grado Reference3, and Aurender N200 > PS Audio DS DAC. Luxman L-509Z integrated amp. Sonus Faber Elipsa SE speakers. PS Audio P10 power. Transparent Audio, Cardas and Audioquest cables.

Bar: EAT C-sharp/Hana MH, and exaSound s82 > Luxman L-595SE amp. GolderEar One.R speakers. Shunyata power, Audioquest cables.

I owned 3.7s (not the i version), ran them with JC-1s for ages and used them initially with my 20.7s.
    Lots of great options already mentioned as well.

I've since turned to the hot side and become a tube guy.
    Magnepan 20.7 - CJ ART 300s - CJ GATV2 - Meitner MA-1 V2 -Dedicated JRMC + Synology NAS

Thanks so much guys. I forgot to mention that I do have two more speakers ( Tannoy Canterbury GR and Harbeth M40.1) meaning I need amp that can go well with all 3 pairs of speakers. Also like to mention I do have two sets another amplifiers in my room which is AirTight ATM3 Monos and NAF set amp as well. I'm leaning more toward to either Bryston 4B3 or PassLabs again possibly 260.8 Monos but do curious about the 350.8 stereo amp as well. I only have experienced with 600.5 and wasn't really my liking and we only have one dealer for PassLabs so hearing them or home demo is very much not possible. Hmmm

Paul

Paul

Didn't you have the Bryston 28's a few months back and the 2301's?
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Jack. They are all gone I'm like Joe Jr .

Paul

Paul

In Mark's lineup you have Bryston, CH Precision, Rogue and PS Audio BHK, one of them would surely work. I'm partial to the BHK, but that's me. The BHK 250 or 300's should be plenty and you have tubes in the front end of the amps.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Super Moderator

Worse, definitely worse. And that makes me feel a lot better

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Jack. They are all gone I'm like Joe Jr .

Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Pass X260.8 will drive them ease. There is just something 'right' about Nelson Pass and Magnepan .........
    Cheers ! …. Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Mikado463 View Post
    Pass X260.8 will drive them ease. There is just something 'right' about Nelson Pass and Magnepan .........
    I think I saw somewhere you owned the 260.8. What speakers do you have ? Also , are they sounds warm ? Do they have enough slam on bass ?
    Paul

Paul, when I had the 20.7's I always found that the better the transformers in the amp/s the happier you are going to be. The age old argument of who is right over less power compared to massive watts means nothing unless you have amps that can slew down to 2ohms & then not run out of boogy on the rebound. I would love to hear your opinion on these speakers with a pair of "very" decent subs. My vote would be who ever has the best transformers!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Paul

In Mark's lineup you have Bryston, CH Precision, Rogue and PS Audio BHK, one of them would surely work. I'm partial to the BHK, but that's me. The BHK 250 or 300's should be plenty and you have tubes in the front end of the amps.
    Currently I have a loan Bryston 4B3 in the house and sounds amazing with 3.7i. Not sure about the BHK. I think they are hard to re sell.... and PSAudio price in Canada is crazy.

Paul

Paul

I didn't know what the PS Audio situation was in Canada I was just going on my experience with the one I bought from Mike almost a year ago. Bryston is the long time go to amp with Maggie's so with a good tube preamp in front of it should be a winner.

I know that the folks at Magnepan really like the Pass Labs amps.

Seems like the 260.8 would be a great match
    DPT4ME - Dynamics, Presence & Tone for Musical Engagement; MBP (3) - stripped down for music only; Shunyata Omega & Sigma USBs; ISO REGEN w/short Curious USB links; Berkeley Alpha USB; Aqua La Scala II Optologic DAC; Schiit Yggdrasil - fully updated; Ayre Codex dac - updated; Pass Labs INT-60 integrated amp; Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE-2 preamp, Quicksilver Mono 120 amps w/Tung-Sol KT150s; Quicksilver Mid Mono amps w/Gold Lion KT77s; Fyne Audio 703s; Symposium Svelte Plus & Ultra Platforms; REL S-812 subwoofers; Duelund DCA12GA speaker cables; AV Room Service EVPs, Stein Music Harmonizers, Duelund DCA16GA & 20GA ICs; Shunyata Denali 6000S/V2; Tripp Lite PCs; Wyred 4 Sound power cords; AudioDharma cable cooker; dedicated custom room; various GIK & ASC room treatments; etc.

www.getbettersound.com

How about something a little different than the BHKs? A pair of 600watt (4ohm) hybrid amps, the Aesthetix Atlas monoblocks would fill the bill. I heard these amps recently and can see why they received an Absolute Sound Editor's Choice award for 2017. I have a pair of stereo hybrid amps on my Magnepans and they sound terrific. Done right, IMHO, hybrids really are the best of both worlds. Too much? Get the Atlas stereo version.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Smith View Post
    I know that the folks at Magnepan really like the Pass Labs amps.

Seems like the 260.8 would be a great match
    Hi Jim. What about with our Tannoy plus Pass Labs X260.8 ? Then I can kill two birds with one stone
    Paul

I have heard MC601s sound quite good on the 3.7s. That said, ARC has always been associated with Magnepan so prob would get Ref250s.
    Brinkmann Bardo w/ EMT HSD-006 cart, MSB Reference DAC --> Linear Tube Audio MicroZOTL --> Ampzilla 2000, 2nd Edition --> Fyne Audio F1-12

Quote Originally Posted by KeithR View Post
    I have heard MC601s sound quite good on the 3.7s. That said, ARC has always been associated with Magnepan so prob would get Ref250s.
    Thanks for chime in Keith, I'm sure the Ref250s would be great match however I do have enough tube amps already so only looking for a SS amp to go with
    Paul

Hi Jim. What about with our Tannoy plus Pass Labs X260.8 ? Then I can kill two birds with one stone
    Unfortunately, I have never heard a Pass Labs amp with Tannoys. I tend to think it'd be great, but that's only from working with Pass amps on RoomPlay clients' systems.

The only ss amp I have liked on my Tannoys is the ASR Emitter II. Pricey and way too big for most installations, with three big power supplies plus the large amp itself.
    DPT4ME - Dynamics, Presence & Tone for Musical Engagement; MBP (3) - stripped down for music only; Shunyata Omega & Sigma USBs; ISO REGEN w/short Curious USB links; Berkeley Alpha USB; Aqua La Scala II Optologic DAC; Schiit Yggdrasil - fully updated; Ayre Codex dac - updated; Pass Labs INT-60 integrated amp; Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE-2 preamp, Quicksilver Mono 120 amps w/Tung-Sol KT150s; Quicksilver Mid Mono amps w/Gold Lion KT77s; Fyne Audio 703s; Symposium Svelte Plus & Ultra Platforms; REL S-812 subwoofers; Duelund DCA12GA speaker cables; AV Room Service EVPs, Stein Music Harmonizers, Duelund DCA16GA & 20GA ICs; Shunyata Denali 6000S/V2; Tripp Lite PCs; Wyred 4 Sound power cords; AudioDharma cable cooker; dedicated custom room; various GIK & ASC room treatments; etc.

www.getbettersound.com

Quote Originally Posted by KeithR View Post
    ARC has always been associated with Magnepan so prob would get Ref250s.
    Having worked at ARC when it was still the Tympani distributor (and when I wrote the T-1D owner's manual), and then at Magnepan when we took the Tympanis under our own wing, most of the continuing relationship between the two companies was based on enduring friendships rather than continued use or endorsement of one another's products.

www.getbettersound.com

Unfortunately, I have never heard a Pass Labs amp with Tannoys. I tend to think it'd be great, but that's only from working with Pass amps on RoomPlay clients' systems.

The only ss amp I have liked on my Tannoys is the ASR Emitter II. Pricey and way too big for most installations, with three big power supplies plus the large amp itself.
    Thanks Jim. I had the ASR Emitter few years ago and it was great ! At this moment I'm leaning toward to try the Pass Labs X260.8 to go with all my three speakers. I think its safe bet
    Paul

I think I saw somewhere you owned the 260.8. What speakers do you have ? Also , are they sounds warm ? Do they have enough slam on bass ?
    yes, love my 260.8's, they are driving a pair of Revel Studio II's. As for the sound.........accurate to my ears, plenty of gusto for the bottom end. Also they DO NOT run hot ! at most ......warm !
    Cheers ! …. Dave

Bryston cubed model. The 7b3s are really nice, the 28b3s will put a smile on your face that won’t go away

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Preamp/Digital: Meitner MA3
    HT Processor: Bryston SP3
    Amps: Bryston 14b3, Bryston 4b3
    Speakers: Kef Reference 5, Kef Reference 4c
    Sub: REL Carbon Special
    Power: Shunyata Denali, Bryston BIT15
    Wires: Wireworld Silver Eclipse XLR & SC, Ethernet - WW Platinum USB
    Other: Stillpoint Ultra SS, ISO-Acoustics ISO Pucks

-Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by Mikado463 View Post
    yes, love my 260.8's, they are driving a pair of Revel Studio II's. As for the sound.........accurate to my ears, plenty of gusto for the bottom end. Also they DO NOT run hot ! at most ......warm !
    Thanks good to know

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Phishphan View Post
    Bryston cubed model. The 7b3s are really nice, the 28b3s will put a smile on your face that won’t go away

Well, I had the 28B3 for 3 months and just sold them before Maggie comes .

I preferred the sounds of 4B3 better on my other speakers though.

Paul

Well, I had the 28B3 for 3 months and just sold them before Maggie comes .

I preferred the sounds of 4B3 better on my other speakers though.

I can't imagine anyone preferring Bryston over Pass Labs. And yes you can hear the extra power reserves even when it is not used; it yields a more relaxed sound.
    Tidal/Roon>exaSound Playpoint>exaSound e22>Marchand XM44>Nord OneUp NC500 x2>Magneplaner 3.6r: Wireworld digital, Audio Zen Silver reference II XLR, Audio Zen Satori speaker cables, Transparent Plus & Audio Sensibility Statement XLR's, Transparent Plus speaker cables, Audio Sensibility Testament power cords, Solid Tech reference rack, Feet of silence, Mye Stands, Plixir BDC linear power supply, RCPC Pro 400, Audio Magic Stealth power conditioner, Hubbell outlets & dedicated lines, DIY RPG and N11 Quadratic diffusors and Primacoustic absorption panels

Quote Originally Posted by watts View Post
    I can't imagine anyone preferring Bryston over Pass Labs. And yes you can hear the extra power reserves even when it is not used; it yields a more relaxed sound.
    Thanks, How you enjoying your Magnepan ?
    Paul

Paul, I demoed the 28b2 in my system when I had Sonus Faber Stradivari & Mc 2301's. I was absolutely amazed at the very similar sound from the two different pairs of mono amps.

Behavior Moderator (be nice police!)

Paul, I vote for Pass. I absolutely love my X350.8!!!!
    Mark

Kharma DB9 Signature
    Pass Labs XP32......incoming
    Pass Labs X350.8
    Esoteric N-05XD
    VPI Avenger with Magnetic Drive
    Manley Chinook Phono Pre
    Ortofon Cadenza Black cartridge
    Kharma Elegance speaker cables
    Kharma Elegance interconnects
    REL Subs

Quote Originally Posted by sharkmouth View Post
    Paul, I demoed the 28b2 in my system when I had Sonus Faber Stradivari & Mc 2301's. I was absolutely amazed at the very similar sound from the two different pairs of mono amps.
    Hi Kev , funny you mention that. That's how I exactly feel the same way. The 28B3 was great but pair them with my AirTight pre sounded was too close to tube amp sound. I was expecting bit more extension on hi and better bass but the result was very warm and didn't noticed much different than my tube amp sound.

The 4B3 is actually has better extension and bottom end for my liking. Coz the reason I'm buying SS amp is for high and bass.

Paul

I just acquired the 3.7i Magnepan speakers and trying to find the amps to go with, Will pair with my AirTight ATC2 tube preamp.

Here are my 3 amplifiers on the short list.

1. Bryston 4B3 ( goes up to 500 watts with 4ohms ) - $6000 MSRP

2. Bryston 7B3 ( Mono with 900 watts)-$12,000 MSRP

3. PassLabs X260.8 ( mono ) - MSRP $13,500 MSRP

Any one using the amps above ? In terms of power I don't listen too loud so 4B3 really makes sense and $$$

But i'm open to your opinion.

Thanks
    I would add Magtech mono's to your list ....... http://sanderssoundsystems.com/produ...-monoblock-amp

Thanks, How you enjoying your Magnepan ?
    The last pair of "nice" speakers I listened to were Focal Utopias. They were impressive. As I adjusted my seat that the salesperson put me in so that I got a central image he then confessed that they didn't really setup the system properly, and the room wasn't that great etc. Well then why have them there at all if they are not placed adequately? I suppose many people just buy them because they have a budget of $40,000 for speakers, or just to tell everyone else they own $40 k speakers??

All I know is I wouldn't trade my 3.6's for them.
    Tidal/Roon>exaSound Playpoint>exaSound e22>Marchand XM44>Nord OneUp NC500 x2>Magneplaner 3.6r: Wireworld digital, Audio Zen Silver reference II XLR, Audio Zen Satori speaker cables, Transparent Plus & Audio Sensibility Statement XLR's, Transparent Plus speaker cables, Audio Sensibility Testament power cords, Solid Tech reference rack, Feet of silence, Mye Stands, Plixir BDC linear power supply, RCPC Pro 400, Audio Magic Stealth power conditioner, Hubbell outlets & dedicated lines, DIY RPG and N11 Quadratic diffusors and Primacoustic absorption panels

Quote Originally Posted by a.wayne View Post
    I would add Magtech mono's to your list ....... http://sanderssoundsystems.com/produ...-monoblock-amp
    Thanks I heard good things about them but being in Canada its not easy to purchase without hearing them. Even they offering 30 days trial over the border can be little complicated.
    Paul

The last pair of "nice" speakers I listened to were Focal Utopias. They were impressive. As I adjusted my seat that the salesperson put me in so that I got a central image he then confessed that they didn't really setup the system properly, and the room wasn't that great etc. Well then why have them there at all if they are not placed adequately? I suppose many people just buy them because they have a budget of $40,000 for speakers, or just to tell everyone else they own $40 k speakers??

All I know is I wouldn't trade my 3.6's for them.
    Glad you like them Thanks for reply
    Paul

Paul,

A couple more insights re Pass 260.8:

1 - You will probably stay in Class A most of the time with the Westies.

2 - Having worked at Magnepan, I still have some friends there. I know for a fact that some folks at Magnepan think that this X series - including the 260.8 & 350.8 - may be the best sounding amps that they have heard with their speakers. Of course, ymmv - but I doubt it.

Best,

Jim

www.getbettersound.com

Paul,

A couple more insights re Pass 260.8:

1 - You will probably stay in Class A most of the time with the Westies.

2 - Having worked at Magnepan, I still have some friends there. I know for a fact that some folks at Magnepan think that this X series - including the 260.8 & 350.8 - may be the best sounding amps that they have heard with their speakers. Of course, ymmv - but I doubt it.

Best,

Jim
    Oh my.... you are killing me. I don't really need another amps to be honest. But what the heck ! It's your recommendation so let's do it ! Hahaha

Paul

Your system could look and sound like this. This setup impressed many at the Taves 2016 show which happened right in your city!

https://www.exasound.com/Blog/tabid/...AVES-2016.aspx

Oh, and the Axpona Chicago show in 2015:
    http://www.theabsolutesound.com/arti...nalog-sources/

Your system could look and sound like this. This setup impressed many at the Taves 2016 show which happened right in your city!

https://www.exasound.com/Blog/tabid/...AVES-2016.aspx

Oh, and the Axpona Chicago show in 2015:
    http://www.theabsolutesound.com/arti...nalog-sources/
    Yup. I was there and got me curious about the Magnepan and actually I even really liked the exasound digital system too. Thanks you for the post !
    Paul

I have personal experience with the 2100wpc 30a current D-sonic m3a3000s and the Sanders Magtech. I have also listened to maggie with Rogue audio apollo dark(Tube), Krell 700cx(Big ss class A, and JE audio s400 (hybrid).

1 With the higher wpc, the more bass and dynamic you get.(bass, dynamic)
    2 With the higher current, the better the maggie sing. (density, control)
    Assuming you have a good pair of speaker cables to do the transmission.

Because maggie is super fast and transparent, I find SS amp is always better than the tube amp. You may get a bit tube sound from the tube amp, but you will comprise in speed and dynamic of those SS amp. And SS amp are in general cheaper and easier to maintain. For tube sound, you can get them elsewhere from the dac or preamp.
    Source: Apodidae Switch&Router- Synology 918+ -SonicTransporter i7, ultrarendu, iso regen
    DAC and Preamp: Lampizator Golden Gate - KR242/Psvane WE300B + TAK 274B
    Amp: Sanders Magtech
    Speaker: Magnepan 3.7i
    Power: Isol-8 LC SE, Uptone
    Analog Cables: Cerious Technolgoies Matrix
    Digital Cables: Intona Reference USB, Cat-8 Lan with Telegartner.

d-sonic.com amps have been happily used to drive Maggies.
    See AVSForum

My d-sonic is for sales. Anyone interested can msg me.

Quote Originally Posted by Conanb1 View Post
    d-sonic.com amps have been happily used to drive Maggies.
    See AVSForum
    Source: Apodidae Switch&Router- Synology 918+ -SonicTransporter i7, ultrarendu, iso regen
    DAC and Preamp: Lampizator Golden Gate - KR242/Psvane WE300B + TAK 274B
    Amp: Sanders Magtech
    Speaker: Magnepan 3.7i
    Power: Isol-8 LC SE, Uptone
    Analog Cables: Cerious Technolgoies Matrix
    Digital Cables: Intona Reference USB, Cat-8 Lan with Telegartner.

So you have forget Jeff Rowland Model 625 S2...
    Marantz SA7S1/GRIMM AUDIO CC1/MARK LEVINSON 360S+TECHNICS SL1210 MKII/ORTOFON X1-MC/VPI CLASSIC 3 in rosewood/Audio-Technica ART-9/ESOTERIC E03+TAG MC LAREN T32R+JEFF ROWLAND CORUS+JEFF ROWLAND MODEL 625+Magnepan 3.7i+Cables line: all Furutech lineflux+power cord DIY

The Tympani 1D was fabulous speaker Bought a pair in the 70's and powered them with a Van Alstine Dyna 400. Long time ago....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team