Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Thread: Rmaf 2017

Audioshark

Rmaf 2017

Greetings,

We are a little more than a month out from America's most friendly and largest High-end Consumer audio show!!! As our industry emerges from the simmering glow of summer and prepares for the fall buying season, RMAF provides the perfect re-entry point to inform the press and public of trends, new products and deals in the High-end audio industry.

Come and join the over 130 active exhibit rooms and 400+ brands, national and international press, a myriad of industry vendors and the voluminous CanJam portable audio extravaganza taking place in the 12,000 sq. ft. Rocky Mountain Event Center.

Sometimes there is a natural difference in musical preference between the public and the exhibitor. We understand the care and time exhibitors take to find properly produced recordings to ensure their systems perform at their highest level. In this light, we have started a poll open to all attendees, press and industry professionals to suggest and vote on music they would like to hear at RMAF exhibits. This will give the audience a frame of reference in evaluating various equipment and will also give exhibitors an opportunity to put their best foot forward. Follow this link to participate in the RMAF music listening poll:

http://bit.ly/rmaf2017tracks

Marjorie Baumert, Director and Co-Founder of the Rocky Mountain International Audio Fest reports that, "After a challenging 2016 show, the 14th annual RMAF is again running at full speed and in new grandeur after the Marriott DTC completed its renovations earlier this year. Exhibitors, press and attendees alike will enjoy the new amenities that have come with the renovation." Baumert continues, "New this year to the show will be the Innovation Floor located on Summit Tower 2 sponsored by RMAF." The Innovation Floor will feature innovative audio technology exhibits in a hands-on environment. Time to play! We are also very excited to be presenting and growing our existing initiatives consisting of the Entry Level Room series, the 3rd Annual Rocky Mountain International HiFi Press Awards (RIHPA) and 16 industry lead seminars.

RMAF is proud to announce the 3nd year of our Entry Level Room series. RMAF donates these rooms free of charge to a host of exhibitors who offer new innovative products at a reasonable price for people looking to enter the High-end market. There will be 5 rooms again this year. Each room will feature a loudspeaker and headphone system. The price point for these are rooms: $500, $1,000; $1,500; $2,500 and $5,000.

Returning again to RMAF for the 2nd year will be Classic Album Sundays (classicalbumsundays.com) listening sessions taking place in Rm. 2030 of the "Innovation Floor" on Summit Tower 2. Classic Album Sundays (CAS) will present full vinyl album listening sessions and discussions. Each session will have an intro to the album, a full (uninterrupted - no talking or cell phones!) listening session of the album and a discussion following.

CAS listening sessions are presented by RMAF with the generous support of the following RMAF exhibitors: CAS selected albums will be played on a VPI turntable utilizing the phono module of the Jeff Rowland Design Group Daemon integrated amplifier. YG Loudspeakers will be provided by Aberdeen Audio, amplification by the Jeff Rowland Design Group Daemon and cabling by Nordost.

CAS encourages attendees to come listen to music contextually, communally, uninterrupted, and in great sonic detail. At CAS listening sessions, music fans are able to fully immerse themselves into an album that has helped shape our culture and in some cases, our lives. CAS sessions will be on a first-come-first serve basis and are approximately 1 hour long. Doors will close right at the beginning of the session, so get there early!

CAS Sessions Schedule
    Friday
    2pm: John Coltrane - A Love Supreme
    5pm: Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
    Saturday
    11am: Carole King - Tapestry
    2pm: Jeff Buckley - Grace
    3:30pm: Radiohead - Kid A
    Sunday
    9:30am: Marvin Gaye - What's Going On
    12pm: Massive Attack - Mezzanine
    2pm: Pink Floyd - The Dark Side of the Moon
    RMAF will be presenting the 3nd Annual Rocky Mountain International HiFi Press Awards (RIHPA), which is co-produced by Fidelity magazine of Munich and TheAudioBeat.com of the USA. The RIHPA are the High-end audio industry's first worldwide press awards honoring High-end audio manufacturers. Nominees and winners are selected via anonymous ballot by the world's leading High-end audio publications. Building on the success of the last two years, the RIHPA has added several new international publications. The awards will be presented at the 3rd annual Rocky Mountain International Gala. Attending the gala will be RIHPA nominees, the press and RMAF exhibitors as well as general public by lottery.

Audio Fest will also be hosting 16 seminars led by 50 industry experts on subjects such as "The Young Guns of HiFi", "Affordability: How Low Can You Go?", "Your Music, Your Story: How to Buy a HiFi System" and "DIY Loudspeaker and Room Measurement Interpretation."

In case you have forgotten to purchase your tickets, please click here to register. Check back often for updates!

Hotel Links:
    Marriott Denver Tech Center Registration Link
    Hyatt Regency Tech Center Registration Link
    Hilton Garden Inn Registration Link
    You can click here for Marriott hotel rates and then click here for all other hotels.

Looking forward to seeing you at this year's incredible show.

Marjorie Baumert, Director
    Rocky Mountain Audio Fest
    October 6, 7 and 8, 2015
    www.audiofest.net
    Facebook: ROCKY MOUNTAIN AUDIO FEST
    Twitter: @audiofest or #RMAF
    Instagram: rocky_mountain_audio_fest

Rocky Mountain Audio Fest
    363 Cook Street
    Denver CO 80206

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Re: Rmaf 2017

Mike,

RMAF looks to be a terrific show this year. I would love to be able to go. Vandersteen is showing the Model 7 Mk2 with the Sub9.

Best,
    Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps; MSB M204 Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

i will be there! Always a fun show. I learn a lot and meet a lot of great people. And of course, I get to hear some great tunes!

Sounds great. Unfortunately my schedule just doesn't work out to come this year.
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Naim ND555/2PS, Naim 552, Naim 500, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Magico M2s, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Lumina IC/SC, Shunyata Everest and Omega PCs.

Workshop: Naim ND555/2 PS, VAC Master Pre, VAC Sig 200iQ, Border Patrol pre/power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Typhon QR/Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

Missed it last year, but looking forward to a great show this year.
    Like a kid going to Disney World without parental supervision!!
    Buddy

Boulder 1160 Amp, 1110 Pre-Amp
    Audio Research Ref. 3 Phono-Pre
    Vivid Audio Giya G2S2 Speakers
    MSB Reference DAC
    Innuos Statement w/Next. Gen. PS
    B & W DB1D Subwoofer X2
    Audioquest Niagara 5000 Power Conditioner
    Kronos Pro Turntable w/Kronoscope RS tonearm + SCPS-1 PS + MSL Platinum Cart.
    VPI HW-40 Turntable w/ Lyra Etna cartridge
    Jay's Audio CDT3-MK3 CD Transport
    Schiit Mjolnir 2 HPA + Audeze LCD X headphones
    Adona Equipment Rack and Amp Stands
    Furutech Outlets and Plates + NCF Booster
    Shunyata Cables
    Synergistic Research Galileo SX Ground Block, FEQ 4, Ethernet Switch UEF, Black Box + Room Acoustic treatments

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinist View Post
    Mike,

RMAF looks to be a terrific show this year. I would love to be able to go. Vandersteen is showing the Model 7 Mk2 with the Sub9.

Best,
    Ken
    The Vandy room is USUALLY the first room on the right at the mezzanine level. Richard busts his tail setting up and getting great sound. Once you get in that sweet spot, it's hard to leave. Looking forward to hearing the SUB9's again with the system.

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Audio 1 View Post
    Missed it last year, but looking forward to a great show this year.
    Like a kid going to Disney World without parental supervision!!
    You and I are both going? Uh oh, we can get into some trouble there. Kids in the candy shop comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    You and I are both going? Uh oh, we can get into some trouble there. Kids in the candy shop comes to mind.

It is really unfair temptation for us!
    My wife said last weekend that the reasonable cost of traveling to the show is far eclipsed by the lasting effects of the temptation of the event.
    Buddy

Boulder 1160 Amp, 1110 Pre-Amp
    Audio Research Ref. 3 Phono-Pre
    Vivid Audio Giya G2S2 Speakers
    MSB Reference DAC
    Innuos Statement w/Next. Gen. PS
    B & W DB1D Subwoofer X2
    Audioquest Niagara 5000 Power Conditioner
    Kronos Pro Turntable w/Kronoscope RS tonearm + SCPS-1 PS + MSL Platinum Cart.
    VPI HW-40 Turntable w/ Lyra Etna cartridge
    Jay's Audio CDT3-MK3 CD Transport
    Schiit Mjolnir 2 HPA + Audeze LCD X headphones
    Adona Equipment Rack and Amp Stands
    Furutech Outlets and Plates + NCF Booster
    Shunyata Cables
    Synergistic Research Galileo SX Ground Block, FEQ 4, Ethernet Switch UEF, Black Box + Room Acoustic treatments

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Audio 1 View Post
    It is really unfair temptation for us!
    My wife said last weekend that the reasonable cost of traveling to the show is far eclipsed by the lasting effects of the temptation of the event.
    She's right.

Looks like I might be in Colorado Springs for a work conference a few days before, which means I'm attending RMAF
    Brinkmann Bardo w/ EMT HSD-006 cart, MSB Reference DAC --> Linear Tube Audio MicroZOTL --> Ampzilla 2000, 2nd Edition --> Fyne Audio F1-12

Not making it this year. Did Axpona in April. Have fun guys!

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

Mike,

Best,
    Ken
    Looks like I'm in!

Ken
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

Enjoy it guys and keep the nice pictures coming!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Planning to be there as well. Very much enjoyed it last year!

Travis

This will be my first time to RMAF. I'm really looking forward to it!

Ken

This will be my first time to RMAF. I'm really looking forward to it!

Ken
    +1 - I moved from the DC area and previously attended the Capital Audiofests. Looking forward to RMAF.
    Main System - Lumin U2, Modwright LS36.5 DM Preamp, VTV Purifi 1ET-7040SA with tube buffer, EMM Labs DAC 2X (ver. 2), Torus RM-20, Thiel CS 3.7s, 2 Rel S/812 subs
    Back-up 1 - Premium Audio mini Gan Amp, Oppo 103D, 2 Richard Gray cond, Selah SA-2s, Sumiko S5 sub, Teac UD-503 DAC, Carver (modded) C-9
    Back-up 2 - Onkyo TX-NR797, Panasonic DP-UB820, Vansevers cond, B&W P6s, PowerSoundAudio S1500 sub

Quote Originally Posted by Phil A View Post
    +1 - I moved from the DC area and previously attended the Capital Audiofests. Looking forward to RMAF.
    Ought to get Rabdau and BR to join you.

Won't be making it over. Hopefully someone will post some pics.
    Amp/PreAmp/Phono: Manley Labs Snapper, Jumbo Shrimp, Chinook Speakers: Joseph Audio RM25XL Analog: Rega P5, TTPSU, Tungsten CW, GT Ref Sub-Platter/Delrin Platter, DV Karat 17D3 Digital: Rega Saturn Cables/PC: Synergistic Research, Running Springs Audio Rack: Quadraspire Q4EVO, Mapleshade Platforms/Isoblocks Tubes: Winged C SED EL34, Mullard 12AX7/12AT7, Amperex 7308 LPs: 198 CDs: 247

Quote Originally Posted by metaphacts View Post
    Ought to get Rabdau and BR to join you.
    Bill - spoke to Tim probably about 3 weeks back. He gets down my way once in a bit and last time he said he might come last time (I'm just about an hour from Orlando) but never made it. I haven't talked to Bill in probably 6-7 years (it's been just over 3.5 years I've been down in FL with the rest of us old folks). I keep meaning to ask Karl (just finished extracting some SACD ISO files for him that are heading back his way tomorrow) but always forget (but will send him an email now). The last year and a half before my move down here is just a total blur. Between getting the house in VA ready for sale (and don't even ask what I went thru with the realtor) and trying to keep on top of the construction of the FL house (if you get down my way again give me a shout) and all the low voltage wiring (the builder told me they sweated it - I did not think it was all that much - they gave me the option to do it myself vs. their subcontractor but being almost 900 miles away along with my tools, still working and getting stuff done in VA and not being able to get a helper on their schedule didn't leave me a choice).
    Main System - Lumin U2, Modwright LS36.5 DM Preamp, VTV Purifi 1ET-7040SA with tube buffer, EMM Labs DAC 2X (ver. 2), Torus RM-20, Thiel CS 3.7s, 2 Rel S/812 subs
    Back-up 1 - Premium Audio mini Gan Amp, Oppo 103D, 2 Richard Gray cond, Selah SA-2s, Sumiko S5 sub, Teac UD-503 DAC, Carver (modded) C-9
    Back-up 2 - Onkyo TX-NR797, Panasonic DP-UB820, Vansevers cond, B&W P6s, PowerSoundAudio S1500 sub

I'm going this year,
    See you all there
    Caribbean Distributor of
    ARC / Sonus Faber / Wadia / Wilson / VAC / Soulution / Nordost / Shunyata / Stillpoints
    Kuzma / Focal / Resonessence Labs / ARIA / KRELL / Pro-Ject...

This will be my 6th time. Woohoo!
    Regards,
    Steve

https://www.audionirvana.org/forum/t...geezr-s-system
    I only do what the voices in my wife's head tell her to tell me to do.

I will be skipping this year as it coincides with a home football game. Man has to keep his priorities in order.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's MxV’s & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi APEX DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata
    Power Conditioner - Shunyata Everest

Quote Originally Posted by still-one View Post
    I will be skipping this year as it coincides with a home football game. Man has to keep his priorities in order.
    Excellent! Congrats on the big win in Dallas.

I have tickets for USC vs. TX this weekend - not exactly the hot ticket in town anymore
    Brinkmann Bardo w/ EMT HSD-006 cart, MSB Reference DAC --> Linear Tube Audio MicroZOTL --> Ampzilla 2000, 2nd Edition --> Fyne Audio F1-12

Quote Originally Posted by KeithR View Post
    Excellent! Congrats on the big win in Dallas.

I have tickets for USC vs. TX this weekend - not exactly the hot ticket in town anymore
    USC looked good versus Stanford while Texas not so much against Maryland. I think USC will end up as one of the four semi final teams.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's MxV’s & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi APEX DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata
    Power Conditioner - Shunyata Everest

That's my conflict also. Different team but . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by still-one View Post
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Naim ND555/2PS, Naim 552, Naim 500, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Magico M2s, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Lumina IC/SC, Shunyata Everest and Omega PCs.

Workshop: Naim ND555/2 PS, VAC Master Pre, VAC Sig 200iQ, Border Patrol pre/power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Typhon QR/Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

Would love to hear feedback of Verity's room from any sharks attending RMAF this year.
    They are bringing the Monsalvat Preamp Amp and Lohengrin 2S speakers.
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...d=104687419338

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Rmaf 2017