Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Lampizator Pacific DAC

What is it? Where does it rank on the Lampizator "perceived value" chart? How much does it cost? Our Man Mike is hosting its debut at his Suncoast Audio showroom. Hey Mike, can we get the inside dope?
    Magico M2
    AMG V12 (Teatro cart)
    Lampizator Atlantic Plus DSD512
    Aesthetix Calypso Signature Preamp
    Luxman C-900u Preamp
    Auorasound VIDA (phono-stage)
    Parasound JC 1+ monos
    Aurender N100h
    Nordost Frey 2
    HRS, Rix Rax

Audioshark

Re: Lampizator Pacific DAC

I BELIEVE it's above the GG. Fred, can you confirm?

The Pacific represents new SOTA performance from Lampizator. Price TBD.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Its the new Top dog...above the GG and even the GG2.

7 tubes, 4 Inside, is what I heard.
    Active triode loading...whatever that means...will give much increased dynamics.
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

The Pacific will indeed fall at the top of our food chain and become our top performing product. I have heard a working prototype of this unit and I can tell you it will be a solid step above the Golden Gate presently available.

The Gen 6 Golden Gate (GG2), which I have not yet heard, will incorporate many of the improvements of the Pacific and be a solid improvement over the original Golden Gate. We will soon be announcing a *very* fair upgrade path to people with existing GGs of any vintage to upgrade to GG2/Gen 6 specification.
    Purpose Built Listening Room: Intuitive Audio Design Gamma Summit Speakers, Gallo CLS-10 subwoofers (2), LampizatOr Pacific, LampizatOr Super Komputer, Musical Concepts Haffler DH-500 (Ultra Elite package), Theorem Acoustics Wave bridge power conditioner, Cables by Theorem Acoustics, Dynamic Deisgn & cables, Verastarr. Room design by Dale Pitcher.

Family Room Rig: Vapor Audio Stiff Breeze, LampizatOr Golden Atlantic, LampizatOr Super Komputer, Musical Design D-75B (with John Hillig's PA-6 upgrades), Pi Audio Uberbuss, Dynamic Design reference cables, Danacable USB.

Industry Affiliation............North American Distributor of LampizatOr Audio.

www.lampizatorna.com

Dang, this fedback is astounding. If the GG2 is this good, what will the Pac sound like???? So glad I boked for SunCoast in October. Very anxious now...

seatrope

MemberJoin DateMar 2017Posts23

WHAT...THE.... F&*@K...

what the hell happened to my system?!?! I just could NOT believe my ears. With the firmware 2003 on board, it was VERY CLEAR that there the beta firmware that my GG came with was holding it back. WAYYYYY BACK.

I have only heard this magnitude of improvement in my system maybe 2-3 times in my audiophile career. Most of them involved MAJOR changes like completely different speaker types, a vastly different room. The Big 7 did not do this when it first arrived. With the new firmware on board, I was in disbelief at what was coming out of my system. I thought I knew what it could do, but I was completely mistaken. My mouth just hung open with EVERY. SINGLE. TRACK.

To be clear, I do not think that this improvement was because of the 2003 firmware. It was because the 2001/beta firmware was just broken, and this was how this GG should be.

I basically sat there listening to track after track after track, not being able to drag myself away even to use the restroom or to eat. After 7 hours I realized I hadn't had lunch or dinner and was ravenous.

Remember when I said I thought the unit was 20-30% better than the Big 7? WRONG. Try 200% better. Of course, these things are hard to really quantify - but the best way to describe it is that the REALISM took a HUGE step forward. Tracks I knew well were suddenly scary. To borrow someone's words who was very close to the building of the unit, it was like I took a @*()! hallucinogenic mushroom, in the best way possible.

In the past when I've had an "improved" piece of equipment in my system, I'd find dramatic improvements with some pieces, less so with others and almost none with some. The magnitude of the improvement over my Big 7 (which is NO slouch) was so vast that every track I played sounded so different that I was afraid my head would drop off from shaking it in disbelief.

I have no idea what pixie dust or Polish black magic crazy Lukasz has put into this design, but the results are certainly mind-blowing. I just turned off the system 20 minutes ago and am still in awe of his creation.

Ked, does that answer your question about how it sounds?

NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of the Pacific. Gopher, why not make it happen here on Shark?
    Magico M2
    AMG V12 (Teatro cart)
    Lampizator Atlantic Plus DSD512
    Aesthetix Calypso Signature Preamp
    Luxman C-900u Preamp
    Auorasound VIDA (phono-stage)
    Parasound JC 1+ monos
    Aurender N100h
    Nordost Frey 2
    HRS, Rix Rax

I'd love to get some pictures finalized, but right now we're using a modified copper chassis for a Golden Gate as the new case work isn't done. The circuit and sound is 100% (I've only heard the prototype which was mind blowing, but Lukasz says things have improved another level for this final configuration) but the new case work isn't in just yet.

I can tell you there will be more exposed tubes, a new improved display for the vc, new footers we're very excited about, a metal remote and some other nice aesthetic improvements which will make it stand out in a very tasteful and attractive way.
    Purpose Built Listening Room: Intuitive Audio Design Gamma Summit Speakers, Gallo CLS-10 subwoofers (2), LampizatOr Pacific, LampizatOr Super Komputer, Musical Concepts Haffler DH-500 (Ultra Elite package), Theorem Acoustics Wave bridge power conditioner, Cables by Theorem Acoustics, Dynamic Deisgn & cables, Verastarr. Room design by Dale Pitcher.

Family Room Rig: Vapor Audio Stiff Breeze, LampizatOr Golden Atlantic, LampizatOr Super Komputer, Musical Design D-75B (with John Hillig's PA-6 upgrades), Pi Audio Uberbuss, Dynamic Design reference cables, Danacable USB.

www.lampizatorna.com

Will the Pacific have both XLR as well as RCA out ?

In true LampizatOr spirit I would be very surprised if you cannot get any combination of inputs and outputs you want...

I'm very excited to see how the Pacific ends up as it seems to be a real killer, but I'm personally not going to go down this road for the same reason as the GG, due to physical size reasons. It's simply too big and I don't have the space for it, this will never change for me, Atlantic sized boxes for the win!
    Speakers: Kroma Thais. Amplifier: Ypsilon Phaethon. Digital: LampizatOr Baltic 3, Lumin U1 Mini. Analog: MoFi Ultradeck, PS Audio Stellar Phono.
    Other: Audio-Technica ART9XI, Ansuz, Vertere, Sablon Audio USB/Ethernet/DC, Paul Hynes, IsoAcoustic, UpTone EtherREGEN.

Voices...I hear that the Pac will be even bigger than the GG and that the SQ step up will be unreal. Based on the indirect feedback I have received, I WANNA hear one ASAP.

If its HALF as good as what I heard.... gamechanger territory. How can this be?? Nah...I believe it when I hear it.
    LoL
    NORMAN

Hype and rumours spread faster than speed of sound... but of course it's going to be amazing, what else is there to expect?! I'm just a bit disappointed for my own personal reason that I cannot even dream about upgrading. I understand though, at this level, physical constraints cannot be a limiting factor, and the target consumers are the ones who have large dedicated rooms for this purpose. I would also really want to hear one though. I'm "quite" satisfied with my GA though, so absolutely no need to feel sorry for me....
    Speakers: Kroma Thais. Amplifier: Ypsilon Phaethon. Digital: LampizatOr Baltic 3, Lumin U1 Mini. Analog: MoFi Ultradeck, PS Audio Stellar Phono.
    Other: Audio-Technica ART9XI, Ansuz, Vertere, Sablon Audio USB/Ethernet/DC, Paul Hynes, IsoAcoustic, UpTone EtherREGEN.

It's getting time for a little preview peek picture though.... just a liiiiittle bit....

Rick,
    I totally agree with your logic. Its not for everyone and I may be in your camp too...as in being too much of a stretch. That does not douse my extreme curiousity. I want to hear it badly.

Same here... once a fan, always a fan... Although, nothing beats hearing it with your own gear, in your own home... listening at shows or demo rooms can be interesting, but in the end I always wonder what I'm listening to. The amp, the speakers, the streamer, the room acoustic, the cables... there's too many parameters involved. I was at a dealer's place today and listened to two wonderful and very interesting, but different speakers. It gave me a rough idea about which one will probably work best in my own environment, but still hard to say without actually trying it. But when it comes to the Pacific.... I'm excited to just SEE it now... hehe... and I've never seen or heard any Lampi at any shows in Sweden, so I guess I'll need to go to Poland or Germany at some point....

It's coming.... and here's a glimpse of it...

https://www.facebook.com/FikusLampi/...0561267175801/

Will the Pacific and GG updates enable any upgrade options for Golden Atlantics?
    Tannoy Westminster GR and ST-200 Supertweeter, Finale Audio 300B Mono's, Thoress Full Function Preamp, Thoress 845 Mono's, Found Music 2A3 Mono's, , Line Magnetic 219IA, Lumin A1, Lumin U1, EMM Labs DAC-2X, Lampizator Golden Atlantic DAC, Sansui TU-717, Kenwood KT-7500, Belden 8402 IC's, Duelund 16GA speaker wire

Quote Originally Posted by arthurs View Post
    Will the Pacific and GG updates enable any upgrade options for Golden Atlantics?
    It's fine as is. No upgrades required for that unit
    Turntable: VPI Prime Signature Cart: Benz Micro LP-S
    DACs: Lampizator Golden Atlantic, Lampizator Euforia DSD
    Preamps: Mac C500T, MX121, Amps: Mac MC75 (*2), MC205
    Headphone Amps: Glenn 300B, Woo WA22
    Speakers: Dynaudio C1 Platinum, B&W 804S, Phones: LCD-3F, LCD-4

Initial GG2 talk from PF mag here:
    https://positive-feedback.com/audio-...es-rca-cables/
    NORMAN

There is nothing in that article about the Lampi except a pic

"The LampizatOr Golden Gate 2, a truly superb 8x DSD DAC, used during the evaluation of tracks for the new Positive Feedback DSD Sampler, Volume 2. The UIT PMP's were the output cables during the completion of this project."

NORMAN

Hello All,

I just wanted to let everyone know that I will have the new LampizatOr Pacific DAC and Super Komputer in my room at RMAF.

Please visit us in room 5030 for a listen where we will debut our new statement pieces alongside room partners Salk Audio and Wywires.

Look forward to seeing you there!

Fred

www.lampizatorna.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gopher View Post
    Hello All,

I just wanted to let everyone know that I will have the new LampizatOr Pacific DAC and Super Komputer in my room at RMAF.

Please visit us in room 5030 for a listen where we will debut our new statement pieces alongside room partners Salk Audio and Wywires.

Fred
    Best Luck with the Pacific launch guys !

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum Greg, thank you for joining.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Gopher View Post
    Hello All,

Fred
    Thank you Fred.

We will try to disseminate information about the new Pacific DAC as it becomes available.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Thank you for warm welcome Joe

I am reading here lot , but not post.

The first sounds I heard from the Pacific DAC was a guitar lick from Mark Knopfler - and I knew I was in Lampizator heaven once again!

Today I has the pleasure of getting to RMAF in Denver for a few hours. Twice I visited the Lampizator room where they had the Pacific running with the newest SuperKomputer, a pair of Lampizator amps running to Salk Song 3 speakers. My system has included a Big 7 into Lejonklou amps to Vaughn speakers, so I'm somewhat familiar with the Lampizator sound.

The Pacific is just sublime and incredible. There's a full presence of sound and well balanced from the bass to the mid range to the highs. The sound is just clean and pure - you can hear everything in the music. Of course the source files make a difference as well.

I listened for about 45 minutes total. There were a few Dire Straits tracks, Great Gig in the Sky by Pink Floyd, at least one Patricia Barber, and I don't know the rest. The Patricia Barber piece was unbelievable - her voice just came through with a beautiful surround of drums, bass, etc. Really amazing.

At times I felt like a spontaneous standing ovation would be appropriate or perhaps a bow respect for the beautiful sound coming forth.

Having said all that I wasn't the best set up for Lampizator, especially with the power and presence of the Pacific. Two years ago at RMAF, Lampizator was paired with PerfectStorm speakers by Vapor Audio, in a much large room with plenty of sound baffling. That setup seemed to hit a sweet spot and the speakers matched the Lampizator well. This year Lampizator was in much smaller room - and while the Pacific really put on a show, as much as I like Salk speaker, I don't think the Salks were a good match. So as good as the sound was, it sure seems like there is big headroom with a more suitable speaker and a better audio tailored room.

Some other details - it's very shiny and definitely a statement piece - a very different and very refined look for Lampizator. I think I heard Fred say it would start at 22,000 Euros and go up from there; also 16 Pacifics are already sold!

I would certainly love having a Pacific in my system, and still my Big 7 is a winner for me - and I'll be envious of those who jump up to this amazing DAC.

You can't go wrong with the Big7. It is a great DAC. It actually made me sell my Trinity DAC (and Scarlatti and MSB before that). I could happily live with one.
    Adam

Speakers: Magico M3
    Amp: Dagostino Momentum Stereo
    Digital: Lampi Horizon + Lampi DSD Komputer

@Jakez,
    I have Big 7 too, with Duelunds and KR tubes and even did not think to replace it until now.
    I bought this year a new unpowered usb cable- Apricity, this is " no brainer " upgrade IMHO.
    Now I am very keen to try the new Pacific DAc but to be honest - the design is not my cup of tea.
    Aurender W20->Lampizator Pacific SE/Audio Aero La Fontaine->Ayon Crossfire III or Circle Labs A100-> Avantgarde Acoustic Trio LE 26, 4x REL Carbon Special Subwoofers
    Analog : Fat Bob S with SME 5, Shelter Harmony, Tom Evans Groove+ SRX mk2, Muarah PSC with InteliClamp
    cabling: Duelund DCA 16GA, Acrolink, Vovox, Siltech, Transparent, Audio Phase , NxLT The Flame, FTA Callisto and Sinope usb, Fadel Art , Argentum , REL Bassline Blue

HT : Sony HW 50 ES, Oppo 93 EU, Darbee DVP-5000 ,Yamaha Aventage RX-A 3010 , B&W 9.1, screen 120 inches matt white

Hard not too agree with that

Quote Originally Posted by Marslo View Post
    @Jakez,
    I have Big 7 too, with Duelunds and KR tubes and even did not think to replace it until now.
    I bought this year a new unpowered usb cable- Apricity, this is " no brainer " upgrade IMHO.
    Now I am very keen to try the new Pacific DAc but to be honest - the design is not my cup of tea.
    When you refer to the design, are you speaking of cosmetics, or functional/concept?

Quote Originally Posted by MPWRZME View Post
    When you refer to the design, are you speaking of cosmetics, or functional/concept?
    I think about the form , color and shape.
    When I think about best examples of good design then immediately comes to my mind Vitus, Esoteric or my La Fontaine for example.
    My preference goes to black color but Pacific casing is made of brass so it would be waste of time and money to paint it or galvanize .
    I am sure that sonically it will be a real gem, I am ready to listen my eyes closed
    Aurender W20->Lampizator Pacific SE/Audio Aero La Fontaine->Ayon Crossfire III or Circle Labs A100-> Avantgarde Acoustic Trio LE 26, 4x REL Carbon Special Subwoofers
    Analog : Fat Bob S with SME 5, Shelter Harmony, Tom Evans Groove+ SRX mk2, Muarah PSC with InteliClamp
    cabling: Duelund DCA 16GA, Acrolink, Vovox, Siltech, Transparent, Audio Phase , NxLT The Flame, FTA Callisto and Sinope usb, Fadel Art , Argentum , REL Bassline Blue

HT : Sony HW 50 ES, Oppo 93 EU, Darbee DVP-5000 ,Yamaha Aventage RX-A 3010 , B&W 9.1, screen 120 inches matt white

I think if you press Łukasz hard enough, he will make you one painted in a black, high gloss automotive paint. It is doable on the Pacific.
    Adam

Speakers: Magico M3
    Amp: Dagostino Momentum Stereo
    Digital: Lampi Horizon + Lampi DSD Komputer

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Lampizator Pacific DAC