Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Vienna Acoustics Imperial Liszt - inbound

After months of considerations and listening to different speakers and wet dreaming of some others, I've probably done the stupidest thing possible and ordered from my dealer VA Imperial Liszt solely based on the guts feeling (OK I've read all about them what I could find on the web and spoke with several guys I trust).
    Guts feeling served me well on many occasions and I hope this will also be the case this time .
    I also had an option for VA Klimt The Music but they are just to big for my room and also require more potent amp so I decided to go one step below them.
    Anyhow will keep you posted when they arrive...wish me luck
    LS: Vienna Acoustics Klimt "The Music"
    PowerAmp: Nagra VPA
    PreAmp: Tobian Soundsystems SC12
    DAC: LampizatOr Horizon
    Server: LDMS Maximus Music Server
    CDT: CH Precison D1
    Switch: Edison Creation Silent OCXO Extreme, FiberBox
    Power: LampizatOr Kraftwerk 10
    Cabling: Signal Projects loom

Super Moderator

Re: Vienna Acoustics Imperial Liszt - inbound

Wow!

Congratulations! Keep us updated.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Liszt arrived kind of two weeks ago and with the help of family members replaced previous LS. What I can say after these two weeks is that I'm more than happy with the choice I made, as they really beautifully sing. Sound is just kind of noble - everything is where it should be and you can enjoy the music for hours with a smile on the face. Match with ARC is great!
    What I need to do next is to change speaker cables and I'm contemplating about Kimber 12TC for which I have a very warm recommendation. Would you advise anything else in this price bucket?

Thanks in advance!
    Cheers

Audioshark

Golum - congrats! do you have pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Not really the nicest pictures but still...I still did not play with the position of "music box" but when they fully burn in I will also play with them for sure.
    Mike any thoughts on LS cables?

Cheers;
    G
    Attached Images Attached Images

Golum Congratulations with your new speakers and i am sure will enjoy them.
    Your setup looks great.

Congrats! I love how the Swiss do it. Everything so clean and tidy!!

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Golum View Post

Not really the nicest pictures but still...I still did not play with the position of "music box" but when they fully burn in I will also play with them for sure.
    Mike any thoughts on LS cables?

Cheers;
    G
    Looking good! What's the rest of your cable makeup?

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

Mike here is the list: Shunyata power cables, Absolue Creations XLR 1, Accoustic Arts XLR 2, WireWorld Platinum Starlight USB, Chord Odyssey LS (this one I would like to change).

Thanks for the help and I hope you guys make it fine over the weekend!

Audioshark

You know I'm a big MIT fan and if you can demo them, definitely do it, but I would suggest you also try the new Shunyata speaker cables.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BUMP; I have been trying to upgrade my beethovens and it's been challenging to say the least. have you ever heard them and would you consider your current speakers (congratulations btw)to be a good match?rep
    KEF Blade, Mc-611's, C49 rega jupiter, roon nucleus, revox tuner. Meridian dsp8000 se upgrade, meridian 218 zone controller VA Beethoven's, Hegel h360.

Quote Originally Posted by steve59 View Post
    BUMP; I have been trying to upgrade my beethovens and it's been challenging to say the least. have you ever heard them and would you consider your current speakers (congratulations btw)to be a good match?rep
    I have heard Goran's speakers several time, as he lives 30mins away from me. I know the Baby Beethovens and the Lizt are better. Bigger sound.
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

Thanks for replying, My I'm generally surprised how well the beethovens hold up against speakers costing much more so it is good to hear the upgrade is more than incremental.
    KEF Blade, Mc-611's, C49 rega jupiter, roon nucleus, revox tuner. Meridian dsp8000 se upgrade, meridian 218 zone controller VA Beethoven's, Hegel h360.

I recently changed my speakers from The Vienna Acoustics Beethoven Concert Grand floor standing speakers I had been using, to a more expensive speaker.
    The comparison between them gave me quite a bit more respect for the Beethovens because they had more in common with the more expensive speaker than I would have initially imagined.
    In fact, I haven't sold them, yet, and I'm wondering if I can set them up elsewhere. For what I'd sell them for, I don't know if I'd like anything better should I want another pair of speakers for a 2nd system or elsewhere. The only reason to sell them would be to free up space around my home.
    Christian

south: Mark Levinson No. 52 pre, Bricasti M28 amps, Lumin A1, Oppo BDP-205, Pioneer CT-43, Sony SS-AR1 Speakers, Audioquest PCs, Audioquest speaker cables, Audioquest & Iconoclast interconnects, HB Power Design Powerslave Star Galaxy power distributor

north: Vitus SIA-030, Luxman D-10X, Sony TC-KA3ES, Harbeth 40.2, Siltech cables

I sold my mk3v2 circa 2000 and replaced them with another highly regarded speaker and as soon as I hooked them up I was bummed. I found another pair last week and bought them because what they do well they really do well and tbh I didn't really think I was going to have to go as far up the food chain as I did to get better sound. So many dismiss VA's because they measure poorly, but they're clearly doing something right.

Hi Steve;

Sorry for late reply but Norman already wrote the summary. I can say that I genuinely love these speakers. Now I've heard quite a few more expensive ones than mine, but whenever I come home I don't have that urge to change them - quite contrary - they are really singing and are extremely musical. So from my perspective one big reccomendation.

Cheers;
    G.

Thanks for reaffirming what I expected. I found a pair of Imperial Liszt locally and didn't jump and they were gone in a week! Enjoy. There's a pair of 'The Music' used I would swing if I could get them shipped from Utah to Chicago safely and reasonably.

There's a pair of 'The Music' used I would swing if I could get them shipped from Utah to Chicago safely and reasonably.
    If you could get The Music I guess your quest for speakers will be finished for a looooooooong time...

I picked up a pair of Strauss this weekend and they seem to be just the right size for my room so The Music with 3 9" spider cones would probably over power the area. My Salon2's i've been working with since march are going up for sale this weekend because I can't get them to play nice in my room and I don't think The Music are any smaller, still it would be fun to try!

Glad to hear you’re back to VA Steve! I’m sure you will enjoy them and please share your experiance once sattled.

Cheers,
    G

The Strauss are gone and beethovens back in. Both musical but hard to call one better than the other. ultimately I preferred the tweeter in the Beethoven to the bass extension of the strauss and it did cross my mind to swap tweeters but having no electrical background I wouldn't have known what to do with the xover. These Beethovens have survived the revel f 51 salon1, salon2, VA Strauss and Usher be-20 dmd! No dice on 'The Music' but I think I found a suitable upgrade that maintains VA's natural musicality.

Is there a reason you did not go for the VA The Music? There are a couple for sale on audiogon and US audiomart.
    Anshul

The Strauss are gone and beethovens back in. Both musical but hard to call one better than the other. ultimately I preferred the tweeter in the Beethoven to the bass extension of the strauss and it did cross my mind to swap tweeters but having no electrical background I wouldn't have known what to do with the xover. These Beethovens have survived the revel f 51 salon1, salon2, VA Strauss and Usher be-20 dmd! No dice on 'The Music' but I think I found a suitable upgrade that maintains VA's natural musicality.

there was a pair for sale for $10k that was a couple thousand miles away I was interested in but they sold b4 I could make a decision. I made offers to the other owners for what I was told the pair in Utah sold for and was politely ignored so the dsp8000 was also a speaker that impressed and when a pair came up locally and my offer was accepted I went for it. Currently waiting on the 'SE' upgrade and expect great things.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Vienna Acoustics Imperial Liszt - inbound