Bryston Launches BP-17³ Cubed Preamplifier

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Bryston Launches BP-17³ Cubed Preamplifier

New preamp is the first to employ patented Salomie input circuit and new feature set with highly flexible input/output array

Peterborough, Ontario August, 2017

Bryston has announced the introduction of the new BP-17³ (Cubed Series) preamplifier, utilizing patented technology that debuted on the much heralded Cubed Series amplifiers. The BP-17³ also features a new expanded input/output configuration for enhanced system flexibility. Like all analog components from Bryston, the BP-17³ is covered by an industry best 20 year warranty.

Bryston’s patented super-linear, low noise input buffer jointly developed by Bryston and the late Ph.D. engineer Dr. Ioan Alexandru Salomie significantly reduces noise and distortion. The BP-17³ also has improved RF and audio frequency noise filtering to prevent unwanted anomalies on the power line from interfering even minutely with the audio signal.

The BP-17³ offers expanded input/output options, including two pairs of XLR outputs and two pairs of RCA outputs, making it possible to connect a wide variety of equipment and accommodate numerous system configurations. An RCA tape loop lets users connect a line-level processor or recording device and one of the XLR output pairs can be internally selected to have either variable (default) or fixed output enabling users to easily connect a Bryston BHA-1 or other balanced input headphone amplifier.

The BP-17³ also includes two pairs of balanced inputs and five pair RCA inputs, and can be ordered with a high-resolution internal DAC, a premium moving magnet phono stage, both DAC and phono modules or without either module installed. Users can select sources, adjust volume and more all from the optional BR-2 remote control or via RS232 connection to virtually any control ecosystem. The BP-173 is available in either black or silver, 17-inch or 19-inch (wide) faceplates.

The BP-17³ will begin shipping to authorized dealers in September, 2017 with a US MSRP of $3995.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xcmwzp8fuj3q1gb/AABiKJbuijglWLE7YBUtTCAsa?dl=0

L_1.jpg

Good looking product!

attachment.php

Attachments

• BP-17 Cubed Rear Panel.jpg
    BP-17 Cubed Rear Panel.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 198
Last edited by a moderator:
James.......The new Bryston BP-17³ looks to be an excellent preamplifier with a lot of user versatility. Good to see this fresh preamp offering.

Hi

Yes we are working on a preamp which will be a combination of a BP-17 and a BDA-3 DAC which will be able to have a crossover card installed to use with the Model T, Middle T and Mini T active speakers.

It is many months away and will be expensive.

james

Hi

Yes we are working on a preamp which will be a combination of a BP-17 and a BDA-3 DAC which will be able to have a crossover card installed to use with the Model T, Middle T and Mini T active speakers.

It is many months away and will be expensive.

james

I am guessing 9 grand, but is just by adding up individual components.

Active mini T is awesome news, will their settings be available in the BAX crossover?

I am guessing 9 grand, but is just by adding up individual components.

Active mini T is awesome news, will their settings be available in the BAX crossover?

HI

The BAX uses different software based on the speaker it is used with.

Most generic active crossovers will have settings for crossover slope and frequency but we go one step further and measure the speaker in the anechoic chamber (over 600 measurements both horizontally and vertically) to ensure that the 'Sound Power' is optimized for the Middle, Mini and Model T speakers. The software is then written and installed in the BAX.

james

Hi Folks,

Lots of demand for the new BP-17 Cubed Preamplifier

attachment.php

Attachments

• BP17 CUBED PIC 1.jpg
    BP17 CUBED PIC 1.jpg
    804.7 KB · Views: 118
Last edited by a moderator:
HI James,

Our 17B3 is now well run in. I even took it home to play with. It is superb!

I can now hear that the BP26 has some colourations in the upper mids and high frequencies compared to the BP173. I can now use high efficiency speakers with our Bryston setup and there no longer the sense of a rising frequency response that speakers like this normally exhibit. I tried a horn loaded tweeter from Triangle and is was beautifully smooth! I have some Opera Loudspeakers with a SEAS soft dome and they too are smoothed out and better balanced than I've ever heard them. And I use Nordost speaker cables! So much for the notion that they are bright cables! They only reveal the quality of the equipment.

Next will be an 8 ohm, 94dB, horn loaded compression driver mated to a cellulose bass driver! This could rip your face off if improperly set up :)

Thank,
Davies

Hi James,

I've tested the 17cubed with a variety of amps from high gain to low gain, balanced and single ended. The result is always the same: composure.

I used it with a single ended, point to point solid state amp which has 30dB of gain. Not only was the system silent (used with very efficient speakers) but the 17cubed's volume control offered a great deal of usable range and dynamics.

I usually only give you incessant feedback when I like something ;)

Cheers,
James

Stereophile.JPG

Hi Folks,

Just got the copy of the review on the Bryston BP-17 Cubed preamplifier coming in June 2018 issue.

As the Brits would say "Its a corker"

james

James,

Excellent review. This product should win product of the year. The price performance ratio is outstanding.

Congratulations to your team this is product competes with the finest and most expensive pre Amos in the world at a fraction of the price.

Outstanding!!!

Best regards,
Steohen

Back