Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Bryston Launches BP-17³ Cubed Preamplifier

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Bryston Launches BP-17³ Cubed Preamplifier

New preamp is the first to employ patented Salomie input circuit and new feature set with highly flexible input/output array

Peterborough, Ontario August, 2017

Bryston has announced the introduction of the new BP-17³ (Cubed Series) preamplifier, utilizing patented technology that debuted on the much heralded Cubed Series amplifiers. The BP-17³ also features a new expanded input/output configuration for enhanced system flexibility. Like all analog components from Bryston, the BP-17³ is covered by an industry best 20 year warranty.

Bryston’s patented super-linear, low noise input buffer jointly developed by Bryston and the late Ph.D. engineer Dr. Ioan Alexandru Salomie significantly reduces noise and distortion. The BP-17³ also has improved RF and audio frequency noise filtering to prevent unwanted anomalies on the power line from interfering even minutely with the audio signal.

The BP-17³ offers expanded input/output options, including two pairs of XLR outputs and two pairs of RCA outputs, making it possible to connect a wide variety of equipment and accommodate numerous system configurations. An RCA tape loop lets users connect a line-level processor or recording device and one of the XLR output pairs can be internally selected to have either variable (default) or fixed output enabling users to easily connect a Bryston BHA-1 or other balanced input headphone amplifier.

The BP-17³ also includes two pairs of balanced inputs and five pair RCA inputs, and can be ordered with a high-resolution internal DAC, a premium moving magnet phono stage, both DAC and phono modules or without either module installed. Users can select sources, adjust volume and more all from the optional BR-2 remote control or via RS232 connection to virtually any control ecosystem. The BP-173 is available in either black or silver, 17-inch or 19-inch (wide) faceplates.

The BP-17³ will begin shipping to authorized dealers in September, 2017 with a US MSRP of $3995.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xcmwzp8fu...YBUtTCAsa?dl=0

Audioshark

Re: Bryston Launches BP-17³ Cubed Preamplifier

Good looking product!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by joeinid; August 4, 2017 at 01:58 PM.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

James.......The new Bryston BP-17³ looks to be an excellent preamplifier with a lot of user versatility. Good to see this fresh preamp offering.
    Dan

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital coax,
    Sonos Connect, Stillpoints Ultra SS & Ultra Mini, PurePower 2000, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario

LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205 Signal Sleuth, Sonos Connect, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable,
    Sony DAT 60ES, Nakamichi BX-300, Micro Seiki DD40 w/m505A tonearm, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Stillpoints Ultra Mini, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113

VINTAGE - McIntosh 4300V, McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, JBL 4312A

James,

Any chance of a future module for driving active Model T/Middle T speakers?

Steve

Hi

Yes we are working on a preamp which will be a combination of a BP-17 and a BDA-3 DAC which will be able to have a crossover card installed to use with the Model T, Middle T and Mini T active speakers.

It is many months away and will be expensive.

james

Quote Originally Posted by James Tanner - Bryston View Post
    Hi

Yes we are working on a preamp which will be a combination of a BP-17 and a BDA-3 DAC which will be able to have a crossover card installed to use with the Model T, Middle T and Mini T active speakers.

It is many months away and will be expensive.

james
    I am guessing 9 grand, but is just by adding up individual components.

Active mini T is awesome news, will their settings be available in the BAX crossover?

Quote Originally Posted by NWCgrad View Post
    I am guessing 9 grand, but is just by adding up individual components.

Active mini T is awesome news, will their settings be available in the BAX crossover?
    HI

The BAX uses different software based on the speaker it is used with.

Most generic active crossovers will have settings for crossover slope and frequency but we go one step further and measure the speaker in the anechoic chamber (over 600 measurements both horizontally and vertically) to ensure that the 'Sound Power' is optimized for the Middle, Mini and Model T speakers. The software is then written and installed in the BAX.

james

Hi Folks,

Lots of demand for the new BP-17 Cubed Preamplifier

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by joeinid; October 26, 2017 at 04:12 PM.

HI James,

Our 17B3 is now well run in. I even took it home to play with. It is superb!

I can now hear that the BP26 has some colourations in the upper mids and high frequencies compared to the BP173. I can now use high efficiency speakers with our Bryston setup and there no longer the sense of a rising frequency response that speakers like this normally exhibit. I tried a horn loaded tweeter from Triangle and is was beautifully smooth! I have some Opera Loudspeakers with a SEAS soft dome and they too are smoothed out and better balanced than I've ever heard them. And I use Nordost speaker cables! So much for the notion that they are bright cables! They only reveal the quality of the equipment.

Next will be an 8 ohm, 94dB, horn loaded compression driver mated to a cellulose bass driver! This could rip your face off if improperly set up

Thank,
    Davies

Hi James,

I've tested the 17cubed with a variety of amps from high gain to low gain, balanced and single ended. The result is always the same: composure.

I used it with a single ended, point to point solid state amp which has 30dB of gain. Not only was the system silent (used with very efficient speakers) but the 17cubed's volume control offered a great deal of usable range and dynamics.

I usually only give you incessant feedback when I like something

Cheers,
    James

Hi Folks,

French review on the BP17 preamp and 4B Cubed combo.

http://www.bryston.com/PDF/reviews/2...ch_Bryston.pdf

Stereophile.JPG

Hi Folks,

Just got the copy of the review on the Bryston BP-17 Cubed preamplifier coming in June 2018 issue.

As the Brits would say "Its a corker"

james

Hi Folks,

Got this today from our South Africa Distributor.

james

Hi James

Please find the link to local review of the Bryston BP 17 Cuber preamplifier - http://www.avsa.co.za/bryston-b17b3-...-sonic-policy/

Hi Folks,

The June Issue of Stereophile has a review of the Bryston BP-17 Cubed.

SF Logo.jpeg

Hi Folks,

I have the PDF of the full review - email me if you want a copy.
    jamestanner@bryston.com

james

James,

Excellent review. This product should win product of the year. The price performance ratio is outstanding.

Congratulations to your team this is product competes with the finest and most expensive pre Amos in the world at a fraction of the price.

Outstanding!!!

Best regards,
    Steohen

Hi James,

NEW REVIEW on BP-17 and 4B Cubed !

“One of the actually best amplifiers on the market”

On German Online Magazine Fairaufio.de:

https://www.fairaudio.de/test/brysto...r-kombination/

Best regards
    Edvard Potisk
    AViTech, Dkfm.
    Email: edvard.potisk@avitech.at
    Web: www.avitech.at

Hi James

I read the German review and gotta tell you , it’s really great for both components.

Ernie

Hi Folks,

I have a PDF of a very, very, very in depth review of the Bryston BP17 Cubed Preamplifier and 4B Cubed Power Amplifier combo from FAIRAUDIO Magazine in Germany. Some great pics as well!

My sincere thanks to Peter Ullman a dedicated audiophile and true gentleman for his translation of the German to English.

Please email me if you want a copy - it's 11 pages and 1M - jamestanner@bryston.com

james

MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
    SUBJECT: Bryston BP17 Cubed and 4B Cubed Combo – Customer Feedback

July 2018

Wow!

Now that they are in working order, and any kinks (traced to other components) have been troubleshot, my system is transformed.

Bryston is spoiling me as we speak. Hard to tell if it is the 4B Cubed stereo amplifier or the BP17 Cubed pre-amplifier, which I added at the same time.

Such a fantastic pair!

The sound is much more full and detailed. Soundstage is markedly improved, so much that I must say it’s almost like I never heard soundstage in my system before. Bass is extended and midrange is particularly improved. I can now ‘feel’ the music, unlike before.

Vocals are more in the room. Whatever you have done with this pair, you have done right. The wife, who could almost care less about music, commented right away “It sounds amazing”. I can only concur. Looking forward to years of enjoyment....

My thanks to the entire Bryston team!

Shrinky

MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
    SUBJECT: Bryston BP-17 Cubed Preamplifier Demo Video

August 2018

Hi Folks,

Another great demo video from our dealer Moon Audio regarding the Bryston BP-17 Cubed Preamplifier.

Please see link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRDo1BDDZ2A

I owned this preamp for a few months and can only say that if you care about the noise floor of your entire system then ensure you audition first.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team