Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Esoteric N-01

Re: Esoteric N-01

On N-05, pressing MENU on the front panel a few times will come to a CLK setting. N-01 should have an equivalent setting.

OK, I got it working. The manual is very confusing about this (page 17). Clock sync mode setting default is OFF. Change to IN and N01 will use the CLOCK SYNC IN. I tested it by disconnecting the BNC>BNC clock cable and sure enough music playback stopped. Reading the manual my understanding is, if you want to synchronise N01 with the input source, select IN. In my case, the input source does not have a clock input so I set OFF. Perhaps some misunderstanding in the English translation of the Japanese manual.
    The N01 manual should just say, if you wish to synchronise the unit's master clock with an external clock, set CLK>IN.

Quote Originally Posted by brodricj View Post
    it's asking me if I want to upgrade new firmware, from 8.03b to 7.10c. Surely that would be a firmware downgrade?
    You may turn off firmware upgrade prompt in the app.

Too bad N01 doesn't have an ES-LINK4 connector to allow native SACD playback from P02X. I'm contemplating my options for SACD...

Rip SACD as DSF. Google for the specific hardware and software required for this task.

The N01 is without a doubt the best sounding DAC I have thus heard. Makes me wonder how much ahead of N01 the Grandioso D1 pair might be. If only N01 had ES-LINK that I could plug a P05X in to.

Quote Originally Posted by wklie View Post
    Rip SACD as DSF. Google for the specific hardware and software required for this task.
    That is what I would do. I just ripped a bunch for someone in WA and sent him the files.
    Main System - Lumin U2, Modwright LS36.5 DM Preamp, VTV Purifi 1ET-7040SA with tube buffer, EMM Labs DAC 2X (ver. 2), Torus RM-20, Thiel CS 3.7s, 2 Rel S/812 subs
    Back-up 1 - Premium Audio mini Gan Amp, Oppo 103D, 2 Richard Gray cond, Selah SA-2s, Sumiko S5 sub, Teac UD-503 DAC, Carver (modded) C-9
    Back-up 2 - Onkyo TX-NR797, Panasonic DP-UB820, Vansevers cond, B&W P6s, PowerSoundAudio S1500 sub

The N01 is without a doubt the best sounding DAC I have thus heard. Makes me wonder how much ahead of N01 the Grandioso D1 pair might be.
    Some of the superiority of Grandioso D1 is offset by the use of the newer and more advanced AK4497 in N-01:

This is a good point. N01 might put a dent in D1 sales for this reason. Hard to justify buying D1 given the capability of the DAC in N01. The prospect of D1X with AK4497 would be appealing.

The N01 is without a doubt the best sounding DAC I have thus heard. Makes me wonder how much ahead of N01 the Grandioso D1 pair might be. If only N01 had ES-LINK that I could plug a P05X in to.
    Same chipset as the Grandioso K1. I chose the K1 because I like to spin discs. It sounds great as a DAC, but put in a CD and it’s out of this world

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Preamp/Digital: Meitner MA3
    HT Processor: Bryston SP3
    Amps: Bryston 14b3, Bryston 4b3
    Speakers: Kef Reference 5, Kef Reference 4c
    Sub: REL Carbon Special
    Power: Shunyata Denali, Bryston BIT15
    Wires: Wireworld Silver Eclipse XLR & SC, Ethernet - WW Platinum USB
    Other: Stillpoint Ultra SS, ISO-Acoustics ISO Pucks

-Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by Phishphan View Post
    Same chipset as the Grandioso K1. I chose the K1 because I like to spin discs. It sounds great as a DAC, but put in a CD and it’s out of this world

I also chose the Grandioso K1 for the ability to spin discs. But according to the Esoteric representative from Japan at RMAF, the N-01, while terrific, is not the equal of the Grandioso K1. Amongst other things, the K1 has superior power supplies to the N-01. I just assumed they were the same because they have the same DAC chip. Maybe they’ll come out with a Grandioso N1 at some point.

Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps; MSB M204 Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

However, the N-01 can play up to DSD 512 and will soon be able to play MQA! (When MQA licensing is completed).

Ken
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

It was a tough decision for me whether to go for a disk spinner like Grandioso K1 or K01X, N01, or just buy Grandioso D1. Initially I ordered K01X but then I changed my mind and bought N01. I have very few SACD, and very few .dsf files. All the .dsf I have can go on a USB stick and be played in K1, K01X or N01. I don't understand what Network playback on N01 achieves that USB can't? Only now I find out my few SACD can be ripped to .dsf and put on a USB stick. My very few HD Tracks titles could also go on a USB stick. I have a PS Audio DirectStream memory player that can play from USB stick. So in hindsight I think I made a mistake buying N01. I should have bought Grandioso D1 and use the PS Audio as the source for playback from USB. I think this would provide the best sound, and provide all the capability I need.

My N01 is only a week old and I'm already contemplating selling it!

Would G02X be suitable for Grandioso D1, or would the clock in D1 be better than G02X?

It was a tough decision for me whether to go for a disk spinner like Grandioso K1 or K01X, N01, or just buy Grandioso D1. Initially I ordered K01X but then I changed my mind and bought N01. I have very few SACD, and very few .dsf files. All the .dsf I have can go on a USB stick and be played in K1, K01X or N01. I don't understand what Network playback on N01 achieves that USB can't? Only now I find out my few SACD can be ripped to .dsf and put on a USB stick. My very few HD Tracks titles could also go on a USB stick. I have a PS Audio DirectStream memory player that can play from USB stick. So in hindsight I think I made a mistake buying N01. I should have bought Grandioso D1 and use the PS Audio as the source for playback from USB. I think this would provide the best sound, and provide all the capability I need.

My N01 is only a week old and I'm already contemplating selling it!

Would G02X be suitable for Grandioso D1, or would the clock in D1 be better than G02X?
    Don’t sell your N-01! You made the right choice if you’re not spinning discs. The N-01 is the latest and greatest network player on the market. Latest AKM chipset, DSD 512 and full MQA decoding on the way. It is top of the line and extremely versatile. I would not recommend buying the D1. Its chipset is older and it’s in need of a refresh. They are not selling many D1’s now for these reasons.

Best,
    Ken

I must say, there is nothing to complain about the sound and operation of N01, particularly with CD content via RCA. The sound is a revelation, Esoteric has done a terrific job. And I'm only using an entry level DIY clock cable and an AudioQuest VSD-1 video/digital cable to connect the Kaleidescape player to the N01. I've ordered a Mexcel 7N-DA6100III from Japan and that will be 3 weeks delivery. The price of the clock cable is almost as much as the G02X clock itself! I decided on the Mexcel based on recommendations here on the forum. The VSD-1 is 5m long so there is no way I can upgrade that to Mexcel....it would be cheaper to buy another K-player and sit it next to the N01 with a 1m Mexcel. I'm in the process of upgrading all my cables to Crystal Cable Ultra Diamond or better, except for the clock cable. All this is slowing down my progress to Magico M3, but that's OK as my Magico Q3 on SPOD are doing an outstanding job for the time being.

I must say, there is nothing to complain about the sound and operation of N01, particularly with CD content via RCA. The sound is a revelation, Esoteric has done a terrific job. And I'm only using an entry level DIY clock cable and an AudioQuest VSD-1 video/digital cable to connect the Kaleidescape player to the N01. I've ordered a Mexcel 7N-DA6100III from Japan and that will be 3 weeks delivery. The price of the clock cable is almost as much as the G02X clock itself! I decided on the Mexcel based on recommendations here on the forum. The VSD-1 is 5m long so there is no way I can upgrade that to Mexcel....it would be cheaper to buy another K-player and sit it next to the N01 with a 1m Mexcel. I'm in the process of upgrading all my cables to Crystal Cable Ultra Diamond or better, except for the clock cable. All this is slowing down my progress to Magico M3, but that's OK as my Magico Q3 on SPOD are doing an outstanding job for the time being.
    The N-01 is unquestionably one of Esoteric’s finest components, certainly on the cutting edge of digital technology. With the G-02X clock, you must be getting some extremely fine sound. With the addition of the Magico M3’s at some point in the future, we’re talking state of the art. What preamp and amps are you running?

I am loving my Grandioso K1. The performance via CD, SACD or DAC is stellar. I’m planning to add the Grandioso G1 clock next. Based on what I heard at Axpona and RMAF, the sound quality should be other worldly!

Best,
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinist View Post
    The N-01 is unquestionably one of Esoteric’s finest components, certainly on the cutting edge of digital technology. With the G-02X clock, you must be getting some extremely fine sound. With the addition of the Magico M3’s at some point in the future, we’re talking state of the art. What preamp and amps are you running?

I am loving my Grandioso K1. The performance via CD, SACD or DAC is stellar. I’m planning to add the Grandioso G1 clock next. Based on what I heard at Axpona and RMAF, the sound quality should be other worldly!

Best,
    Ken
    I’d love the clock too. But my bank account is telling another story after my recent purchases

-Kyle

...With the addition of the Magico M3’s at some point in the future, we’re talking state of the art. What preamp and amps are you running?
    Halcro dm88 and dm8. Fingers crossed I might be getting the new Halcro Eclipse mono and pre-amp soon. Halcro asked me if I would be interested in testing some of their new electronics, so I’ll wait and see what pleasant surprises might land at my front door.

Don’t sell your N-01! You made the right choice if you’re not spinning discs. The N-01 is the latest and greatest network player on the market...
    In hindsight, for the cost of N01 + G02X + 7N-DA6100III I probably could/should have bought Grandioso K1. 75% of my music listening is played via Kaleidescape and 20% is Spotify via MacBook. The other 5% is disc spinning or HiRez music on USB stick.
    I’m guessing K1 without clock would sound better that N01 with clock.

Spotify via MacBook
    A future upgrade for native support for Spotify was mentioned in a press release of N-01. When this happens you'll no longer need a MacBook in the playback chain for Spotify.

The description of the clock inside K1 and N-01 seem close enough if not identical, with the same numeric accuracy level. I fail to see how a K1 can be better than an N-01 with a better external clock.

I just got a quote from my dealer for K1, it is cheaper than N01 + G02X + Mexcel....and actually cheaper than N01 + G02X without the Mexcel. Sigh.....

A future upgrade for native support for Spotify was mentioned in a press release of N-01. When this happens you'll no longer need a MacBook in the playback chain for Spotify.
    Now that gets my attention as I'm a Spotify premium user. Spotify from my MacBook to the N01 sounds terrific. To do Spotify without the need for the computer would turn N01 into a keeper for me....

In hindsight, for the cost of N01 + G02X + 7N-DA6100III I probably could/should have bought Grandioso K1. 75% of my music listening is played via Kaleidescape and 20% is Spotify via MacBook. The other 5% is disc spinning or HiRez music on USB stick.
    I’m guessing K1 without clock would sound better that N01 with clock.
    I think you made the right choice getting the N-01 if you only spin discs less than 5% of the time. The rubidium master clocks provide a significant boost in performance, so it may not necessarily be the case that the K1 without clock would sound better than the N-01 with clock. However, I’ve only heard the rubidium clocks (G1 and G-01X) but never the G-02X. I’m not sure how much the G-02X with its oven controlled crystal oscillator boosts performance in comparison to the oven controlled rubidium oscillator, which is much more accurate.

Best,
    Ken

I'm just re-contemplating all of my options...perhaps K1 + N05 and a Cybershaft clock will tick all the boxes. Throwing an Esoteric clock in that mix probably puts it outside my price range.

I'm just re-contemplating all of my options...perhaps K1 + N05 and a Cybershaft clock will tick all the boxes. Throwing an Esoteric clock in that mix probably puts it outside my price range.
    K1 and Aurender N10 is a fantastic combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kyle

K1 and Aurender N10 is a fantastic combo.
    K1 is on my radar, but Aurender certainly isn't. I have a $40k investment in Kaleidescape, and CD quality music playback from Kaleidescape player on the N10/G02X sounds terrific. Actually, CD playback on N10 sounds better than .dsf played back via USB stick.

Esoteric posted this pic advertising the N01 on Facebook. I noticed the Aurender N10 and asked why it was there. They said it was feeding the N01, which I found odd.

-Kyle

Any mention of which speakers they are using on that?

Any mention of which speakers they are using on that?
    Didn’t say

-Kyle

Usually Canton Reference K.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

I just bought a Cybershaft clock. It’s the cheapest piece of gear I’ve purchased in a long time. I’m wondering if it will make an improvement. It’s currently in route, and I should have it before thanksgiving.

The cost of the Esoteric clocks are just outrageous. I couldn’t bring myself to buying one.

-Kyle

I just bought a Cybershaft clock. It’s the cheapest piece of gear I’ve purchased in a long time. I’m wondering if it will make an improvement. It’s currently in route, and I should have it before thanksgiving.

The cost of the Esoteric clocks are just outrageous. I couldn’t bring myself to buying one.

Best of luck with the new clock. I’ll be interested to hear your impressions. I recently purchased the Esoteric Grandioso G1 clock on layaway. It is very expensive. It looks like I’ll need to sell my Berkeley Ref2 MQA DAC in order to get the G1 clock home. I’m listening to the Berkeley right now and it sounds wonderful. I hate to part with it.

Ken

...The cost of the Esoteric clocks are just outrageous. I couldn’t bring myself to buying one.
    The price varies wildly depending on which market you are buying them (street prices in some markets about half MSRP of US market)....but yes, the Esoteric clocks are pricey.

I could tempt myself to buy the G1 clock as it is not that more expensive that G01X.

But first I would need to convince myself of the merits of upgrading my existing clock. Over on the PS Audio forums recently the digital audio engineering experts mention a list of reasons why using a good internal clock is better than using an external clock, which is why you will never see an external clock input on any of their digital devices.

7N-DA6100M3 digital cable just arrived, what an insane amount of packaging for a 1m long cable!

Connected G02X to N01 with Mexcel, what a wow moment! The sound is so much cleaner with razor sharp focus compared with the entry level Audioquest digital cable I was using. The Mexcel digital cable is slightly over half the price of the G02X, but it's brought an immediate and obvious improvement. If digital cable break-in is such a thing hard to imagine any more improvement can be gained from new and cold cable straight out of the box.

7N-DA6100M3 digital cable just arrived, what an insane amount of packaging for a 1m long cable!

Connected G02X to N01 with Mexcel, what a wow moment! The sound is so much cleaner with razor sharp focus compared with the entry level Audioquest digital cable I was using. The Mexcel digital cable is slightly over half the price of the G02X, but it's brought an immediate and obvious improvement. If digital cable break-in is such a thing hard to imagine any more improvement can be gained from new and cold cable straight out of the box.
    Congratulations on the new Esoteric-Mexcel cable! They are definitely some the best out there; I used 8N-A2000s (2) for 50-ohm BNC:BNC 10 Mhz clocking for some time and they are amazing.
    Legacy Audio Valor+Wavelet v2, Esoteric S-02 Amps HDPlex 300W, RevAudio Labs DC Umbilical, Esoteric Grandioso P1, P1PSU & dual D1 DACs, Cybershaft Prem Ltd OP21A 10 MHz Clock, Esoteric C-02X, Shunyata Everest 8000 & Altaira SG-NR hubs, Sigma SGC/CGC ground cables, VTX-Ag ground tails, AfterBurner8 duplexes, CSP Inc Q4B, S2B IEC plates, Shunyata Omega CLOCK-50 cables, Tubulus Concentus HDMI, Elrod Master Series Diamond SE & Masters Series Gold Power cords and Statement Gold XLRs, Diamond XLRs & Master Series Diamond XLRs, Shunyata OMEGA QR-s power cable, Anaconda Z-tron XLR, Elrod Statement Gold speaker cables, Adona Zero GX3, GX2, GX racks, Composite Audio CF-2010, Townshend Audio Podiums, HRS DPX Damping Plates, Stillpoints Ultra SS w/Ultra Bases, pArtScience 64-well, 2D QRD 3-inch SpaceArray Diffusors

Travel/Rip: Apple MacBook Pro 16” 2023 M2 Max, 12-core CPU, 38-core GPU, 32 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD for Audirvana+ v3, iTunes, REW Audio Analyzer, dbPowerAmp, DVD Audio Extractor

Congratulations on the Cybershaft clock purchase! What model did you pick up (the new Platinum?). Their price certainly cannot be beat however when you pair it with lower phase noise specs, better Allan Variance and therefore better effective jitter specs compared to MUCH more costly alternatives from several manufacturers, you have a combination that it near impossible to beat (IMHO).

I've owned and tested several Cybershaft products (as a consumer only, no professional and/or monetary affiliation with Cybershaft) in the last 1.5 yearsand have found their quality and performance adding to the musical playback experience in my system to be amazing. When you add the reasonable price to the mix...

Another comment above talked about adding a clock a K1 and N-05 mix; that will definitely tick all the boxes.

For any clock,...make sure you break it in as it is no different from any other component; after powering on the clock, give it 15+ minutes to reach thermal equilibrium and stabilize it's output before you turn on the K1 and attempt to sync to 10 Mhz. Also, a good 50-ohm cable (not 75!) makes a difference if you connect only to the K1. If you wish to connect both the N-05 and K1, you'll need to run "through" the N-05 in the same way I clock my D-02 with the Cybershaft and then use "CLK THRU" mode on the D-02 to pass that signal also to my P-02 transport.

The one oddity of the K1<-N-05<-Cyberhaft config (or other devices on the market that only accept 75-ohm clock input) is that the N-05 only takes a 75-ohm input for BNC and only outputs 75-ohm. The N-05 however take a 10 Mhz signal in over that 75-ohm link as will the K1 over it's BNC (50-ohm) input. The Cybershaft puts out pure 50-ohm 10Mhz, so you'll need a BNC impedance adapter to the Cybershaft's 50-ohm output onto a 75-ohm wire without signal loss or corruption

Cannot post links yet....look for 50 ohm Matching Box on the Cybershaft website...

and make sure you have the right impedance wires from the Cybershaft to the N-05 (75-ohm with the adapter above) and then from the N-05 to the K1 (50-ohm with adapter on the N-05 output).

Please clarify this config with Cybershaft to get their blessing on the config.

Esoteric-Mexcel or Shunyata Alpha or SIGMA level 50-ohm and 75-ohm cables will help get you there.

***Contrary to recent popular belief,...use a 50-ohm cable where it is called for and a 75-ohm cable where it is called for. There are various folks out there saying you can use 75 where 50 is called for and vice versa; while it will work, this will not result in the best imaging, image & instrument/voice correctness and various other aspects of good playback.
    Legacy Audio Valor+Wavelet v2, Esoteric S-02 Amps HDPlex 300W, RevAudio Labs DC Umbilical, Esoteric Grandioso P1, P1PSU & dual D1 DACs, Cybershaft Prem Ltd OP21A 10 MHz Clock, Esoteric C-02X, Shunyata Everest 8000 & Altaira SG-NR hubs, Sigma SGC/CGC ground cables, VTX-Ag ground tails, AfterBurner8 duplexes, CSP Inc Q4B, S2B IEC plates, Shunyata Omega CLOCK-50 cables, Tubulus Concentus HDMI, Elrod Master Series Diamond SE & Masters Series Gold Power cords and Statement Gold XLRs, Diamond XLRs & Master Series Diamond XLRs, Shunyata OMEGA QR-s power cable, Anaconda Z-tron XLR, Elrod Statement Gold speaker cables, Adona Zero GX3, GX2, GX racks, Composite Audio CF-2010, Townshend Audio Podiums, HRS DPX Damping Plates, Stillpoints Ultra SS w/Ultra Bases, pArtScience 64-well, 2D QRD 3-inch SpaceArray Diffusors

Travel/Rip: Apple MacBook Pro 16” 2023 M2 Max, 12-core CPU, 38-core GPU, 32 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD for Audirvana+ v3, iTunes, REW Audio Analyzer, dbPowerAmp, DVD Audio Extractor

My 7N-DA61000m3 is 75 ohm, right? I read in the Esoteric specs that the 10 MHz master clock outputs are 50 ohm, and the word clock outputs are 50-75 ohm. So in hindsight my clock cable might not have been the best choice. Eventually I might get around to trying the word clock side of G02X but my reading here-in suggests 10 MHz master clock with 50 ohm clock cable is the best option.

The 8N-A2000 (discontinued) is considerably cheaper than 7N-DA6100m3 (current model).

My 7N-DA61000m3 is 75 ohm, right? I read in the Esoteric specs that the 10 MHz master clock outputs are 50 ohm, and the word clock outputs are 50-75 ohm. So in hindsight my clock cable might not have been the best choice. Eventually I might get around to trying the word clock side of G02X but my reading here-in suggests 10 MHz master clock with 50 ohm clock cable is the best option.

The 8N-A2000 (discontinued) is considerably cheaper than 7N-DA6100m3 (current model).
    If you are interested in an 8N-A2000, I have 2 1.5meter Esoteric-Mexcel 50-ohms for sale elsewhere. PM me if interested.

Another strategy is to use a 75-50ohm impedance converting adapter....

Esoteric released network module firmware update to support MQA Full Decoding (N-01 only) and Spotify Connect.

Since the MQA decoding is done in the network module, MQA decoding only works for network input (NAS / Tidal) and USB storage. It does not work for other digital inputs.

The firmware is 10.1c, right?

How do you get the firmware? what is the update procedure?

Just launch Esoteric Sound Stream app or Lumin app, then it should prompt you to allow it to upgrade.

The firmware update seems to have broken my N-01.

"Listening on ESOTERIC N-01" is displayed in my Spotify GUI but there is no music. No other input of N-01 is producing music either, and I've tried network, coax and aes/ebu.

UPDATE

OK, I've worked out the problem. After the update is complete, even though you are able to choose N-01 as the renderer in the Spotify interface, you must power off the N-01 and restart it for the firmware to stick. When the N-01 is powered on after update a "WAIT" message blinks on its display for a few seconds and when this is done you're good to go.

I'm listening to Spotify on the N-01 with the new firmware and it sounds absolutely terrific. It wants for nothing. I can't see myself ever needing to spin a CD again. N-01 as it is would be worthy of a place in the Grandioso line.

Just launch Esoteric Sound Stream app or Lumin app, then it should prompt you to allow it to upgrade.
    To be clear, the firmware update comes in two parts:
    - The network module is automatically by the Esoteric Sound Stream app or Lumin app
    - The I/F firmware needs to be manually updated using a PC running Windows 7 or above, via the update available from:
    http://www.esoteric.jp/products/esot..._driver_e.html

In the release notes the 2nd part firmware (whether you need to do it) depends on serial number.

I was wondering if the Lumin L1 work with the Esoteric N-01...
    Wklie, can you speak to that?
    Christian

south: Mark Levinson No. 52 pre, Bricasti M28 amps, Lumin A1, Oppo BDP-205, Pioneer CT-43, Sony SS-AR1 Speakers, Audioquest PCs, Audioquest speaker cables, Audioquest & Iconoclast interconnects, HB Power Design Powerslave Star Galaxy power distributor

north: Vitus SIA-030, Luxman D-10X, Sony TC-KA3ES, Harbeth 40.2, Siltech cables

Quote Originally Posted by Rnrmf View Post
    I was wondering if the Lumin L1 work with the Esoteric N-01...
    Wklie, can you speak to that?
    Yes, it sure does.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Hello

I am Alex from Hong Kong. I am more and more interested by the N01 but can't find that many opinions on this unit so I am asking for your help.
    My main priority is dac ability with very good usb input and versatility ( native streaming, roon ready...) Ethernet input is definitely a plus but not a must.
    Listening to the unit in Hong Kong is very difficult and anyway home demo is not an option here.

To make a long story short I am hesitating between the N01,combo chord dave/blumkii ( I have already the Dave),and grandioso K1.
    Sacd/cd spinning is a nice plus but not a must as well.

N01 is ticking all the boxes but what about the sound quality compared to the two other options ?
    A Melco will ( usb and Ethernet ) "feed" my dac.

Sound wise I like clarity, transparency and dynamics.

Thanks
    Alex

Sent from my SM-N9500 using Tapatalk

You said native streaming is a main priority. In that case you have a choice of one. N01. And it's cheaper than K1. You won't be disappointed.

Gd point.
    Priority number one being sound quality.
    I am sure N01 is a terrific product.
    Alex

Sent from my SM-N9500 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Esoteric N-01