Stout's system - Page 3
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Stout's system

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stout's system

very nice! i love it!!!
    looking great and i bet its sound awesome.
    enjoy!
    Speakers: Magico S3mk2
    Preamp: E.A.R 912 pre/phono
    Amp: MSB KT120/Luxman M900u
    Cables: Siltech Double Crown full signal
    Power: Furutech,Nordost Odin ,Argento Master
    Digital: Metronome C8/Aurender N10
    TT:TechDAS AF3 / Thales Simplicity II/Ortofon rs212d
    Carts': Zyx r1000 airy3 sb,Ortofon Anna, SPU Synergy.
    Phono: CH Precision P1
    Racks: Solid Tech - Rack of silence reference
    Power treatment Ps Audio P10

Post Thanks / Like

Stout,

Welcome to CA and congratulations on a stellar setup you have there!
    It's great to see a fan of vintage / classic gear on here.

Regards
    2 Channel Stereo :
    Win10 Transport + Fidelizer 8 + JRMC 25 & HQPlayer | TotalDAC D1 USB Filter | Job INT | Western Electric 12GA | Green Mountain Audio Eos HX

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by byrdparis View Post
    very nice! i love it!!!
    looking great and i bet its sound awesome.
    enjoy!
    Yes I am quite proud of the sound I have achieved in this room. Not that I have any responsibility for the gifted engineers and technicians that built the equipment I use, but all the research and trials I performed in order to get where I am. It starts with the room. 15' x 22' with open cathedral ceiling. There is lots of glass but I have found the blinds do an amazing job attenuating troublesome frequencies. Next of most importance are the speakers. I have greatly admired Siegfried Linkwitz over the years. This is the same Linkwitz that invented the Linkwitz–Riley crossover (along with Russ Riley) that has been standard use in speakers since the 70s. He is also one of the original pioneers in dipole and open baffle speakers. Although I don't began to understand most of his analysis he shares, I have found everything he says to be absolutely true in my own experience.

The Audio Artistry Beethoven Elites are probably Linkwitz's highest speaker achievement to date. I have lusted after a pair for years and got really lucky to find a pair locally just a few years ago. Amazing sounding speakers in so many ways and the absolute key to the musical performance of my room. Everything else in the system was chosen to make these speakers perform to their full potential (within economic reason).

A couple of article on Linkwitz and these speakers;

https://www.stereophile.com/interviews/503/

https://www.stereophile.com/floorlou...328/index.html

My Elite version http://www.linkwitzlab.com/B-Elite.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil View Post
    Stout,

Regards
    Yes, I enjoy the vintage stuff. Mainly because there are so many audio things I lusted after when I was young that I could not afford. Vintage audio is a very fun hobby!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil View Post
    Stout,

Regards
    Welcome to CA?

Yes looks to be a great rig. More pics of room/layout would be cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Main: High end Win10 wkst (headless) running lifetime ROON server w/HQP > Fiber Switch > QNAP NAS > Fiber to SONORE OM > mU > sbooster USB vbus2 > Lampi Lite7 > Atma-Sphere MP-3 Mk3.3 Pre > Pass XA100.5 Mono's > Revel Ultima Studio2 (GAIA footers) with Dual PSA X15 sealed subs
    ROON Controller > HP 2in1
    Components on custom roller bearings + compression springs
    Cables > Wireworld Platinum / Analysis Plus / Gotham / AQ

Office: Win10 wkst with Spotify or ROON controller > VDAC-II > VLINK 192 > Yamaha RX integrated > Polk audio signature Monitors >12" sub

Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys, it’s been a while since I have visited but found some time lately to snoop around. Noticed my system is not updated so thought I would revisit this tread.

I’ve added a Sony APR-5003 open reel deck, and Oppo UDP-205 SACD player and a Yamaha CT-7000 tuner since I last posted. The pro Sony deck is an absolute joy to use and listen to. It also makes marvelous analog recordings. The Oppo is only used for SACD stereo playback and that it does very, very well. I’m thinking about having Modwright upgrade it but maybe next year. I rebuilt the Yamaha tuner and I have to say it may be the best I have ever heard FM? There are a few stations left around here that I am fond of so it was worth the hassle.

Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Nice system. Looks very relaxing. ENJOY!
    George
    -----------------------

Custom C.A.P.S. Reference Music Server with UpTone Audio JS-2 External Linear Power Supply > Aqua La Voce S3 R2R Ladder DAC > Pass Labs XP-20 Preamp > Pass Labs XA160.5 Class A Mono Blocks > Martin Logan Summit X Speakers