Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

New !!! MA9000 Integrated Amplifier ....

The MA9000 Integrated Amplifier can help you achieve audio perfection. Our largest integrated in both size and power, it offers 300 Watts per channel and combines our amplifier and preamplifier expertise into one comprehensive unit.

There’s enough inputs and outputs on the MA9000 to last a lifetime. The 10 analog connections are comprised of 2 balanced and 6 unbalanced inputs plus 1 Moving Coil and 1 Moving Magnet for turntable connectivity. Both phono inputs feature adjustable loading for fine tuning of vinyl playback. All unbalanced analog connectors are made from premium gold-plated solid brass for superior signal handling and grounding. On the digital side, 2 coax, 2 optical, 1 USB and 1 MCT input (for use with our MCT450 SACD/CD Transport) are all housed in our new DA1 Digital Audio Module; the DA1 can be easily replaced by future modules to keep your MA9000 up to date as new digital audio formats and technologies are developed. The DA1 utilizes a powerful 8-channel, 32-bit Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC) used in Quad Balanced mode. The coax and optical inputs will decode music up to 24-bit/192kHz for high resolution audio playback; the USB input accepts even higher PCM signals up to 32-bit/384kHz and supports up to DSD256 and DXD 384kHz. All inputs can be given custom names for user-friendly system control and configuration. All inputs also function independently of each other and each is always available for use regardless of how your sources are connected.

The MA9000 features our new McIntosh Monogrammed Heatsinks™ that are made from high quality materials with excellent thermal conductivity properties. They are so efficient at dissipating heat that they warrant bearing the McIntosh “Mc” logo. They also have a higher quality finish thanks to a new manufacturing process. They are connected to advanced high current output transistors that eliminate thermal equilibrium lag time (or warm-up time), meaning the first note played will sound just as good as those played later in your listening session.

New, more powerful control microprocessors have been used in the MA9000 to improve overall system operation. Some of the latest audio-grade circuit components have also been utilized to allow the MA9000 to deliver the best sound possible. At 300 Watts per channel, the MA9000 has enough power to properly drive virtually all loudspeakers – and our renowned McIntosh Autoformer guarantees your speakers will always receive that full 300 Watts regardless if they have 2, 4 or 8 Ohm impedance. Other McIntosh features included in the MA9000 are:

• Power Guard® that monitors and adjusts the sound wave at the speed of light to prevent harsh sounding distortion and clipping that could damage your speakers
    • Sentry Monitor™ is our fuse-less short-circuit protection circuit that disengages the output stage before current exceeds safe operating levels and then resets automatically when operating conditions return to normal
    • Home Theater PassThru that allows for seamless integration into a home theater system
    • High Drive headphone amplifier with Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD®) which can bring an added dimension to headphone listening
    • A discrete, eight-band tone control that allows for advanced manual analog adjustment of your favorite recordings
    • Power Control to send power on/off signals to connected McIntosh components for easy system power up and shutdown
    • Our patented Solid Cinch™ speaker binding posts that easily but securely attach the speaker cables to prevent them from coming loose and possibly causing a short; the binding posts are also gold-plated to prevent corrosion and ensure a quality signal is sent over your speaker cables to your speakers

The entire unit is wrapped in the classic McIntosh aesthetic with blue watt meters, a black glass front panel, control knobs, illuminated logo, aluminum end caps with built-in handles and a beautiful polished stainless steel chassis. Contact your local dealer to learn more.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Audioshark

Re: New !!! MA9000 Integrated Amplifier ....

Gorgeous!
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

They should put tubes in the preamp stage...
    Cyril
    Speakers/Amp/Preamp: Thiel CS2.4 / ARC Ref 110 / ARC Ref 3
    Sources: Basis 2001/Graham2.2/Nagra BPS/Benz Micro Glider SL, Dynavector 20X2-L, ARC CD7, Oppo BDP-83 SE
    Cables/Power/Other: Nordost Heimdall ICs, SCs / Shunyata Hydra 8, Shunyata Python Helix PC / VPI 16.5, HRS Nimbus isolation system

True, a hybrid integrated would have been just right.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

And only 101 pounds.

Price? A cool $10,500....

It really IS awesome, though.

Joe?
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Super Moderator

Damn, this could be fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Joe?
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

mauidan

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzie View Post
    And only 101 pounds.
    Yes, what are they thinking when they build these monsters?

Size matters.

On a more serious note, there was some discussion with Paul on the PS Audio forum about a BHK integrated which would be a hybrid design. He said that there had been discussion but the issue so far would be the size and weight of the package so to work much like the MA9000.

Super Moderator

While I would love this, my Job 250 monos are making beautiful music right now. If I could put some blue meters on them, then we'd have Something great

NAD C 658 streamer.

Maybe just one of the McIntosh lighted signs is all you need. Job mono's still doing well with the BHK preamp?

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    While I would love this, my Job 250 monos are making beautiful music right now. If I could put some blue meters on them, then we'd have Something great
    I vote for the blue meter but with MA9000

Keep the Job monos. Get the McIntosh clock instead!

This is what I did when I replaced Mac with NAIM in my living room system.
    Adam

Speakers: Magico M3
    Amp: Dagostino Momentum Stereo
    Digital: Lampi Horizon + Lampi DSD Komputer

Super Moderator

Ha, sure one will do.

The BHK absolutely sounds great with the Job monos but I recently switched back to the KXR20. Talk about superb, oh my. Honestly the BHK clicking through the speakers is annoying. The KXR20 is dead silent. I know the Job/KXR20 is not a common pairing but what the heck. I may need to find an alternative to the BHK.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Maybe just one of the McIntosh lighted signs is all you need. Job mono's still doing well with the BHK preamp?

NAD C 658 streamer.

Super Moderator

Too funny. I love that idea. That clock costs almost as much as one Job amp

Quote Originally Posted by Elberoth View Post
    Keep the Job monos. Get the McIntosh clock instead!

This is what I did when I replaced Mac with NAIM in my living room system.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Joe, don't be cheap
    Adam

Speakers: Magico M3
    Amp: Dagostino Momentum Stereo
    Digital: Lampi Horizon + Lampi DSD Komputer

Super Moderator

Ha!

I'm thinking. I've got time, wink, wink

Quote Originally Posted by Elberoth View Post
    Joe, don't be cheap

NAD C 658 streamer.

How good is McIntosh these days? I haven't heard a recent piece from them. Would something like this MA9000 start approaching some of the better integrated amps out there like the Pass INT-250?

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
    Everest Audio
    www.everestaudio.com
    Facebook

bel canto, Hegel, Vimberg, Opera, MoFi, Acoustic Energy, JL Audio, Innuos, Vertere, Meze Audio, Origin Live, GutWire, Wireworld, Furutech, IsoAcoustics and more

wish this had a quad-balanced circuit.
    Brinkmann Bardo w/ EMT HSD-006 cart, MSB Reference DAC --> Linear Tube Audio MicroZOTL --> Ampzilla 2000, 2nd Edition --> Fyne Audio F1-12

Quote Originally Posted by cmalak View Post
    They should put tubes in the preamp stage...
    Cyril.......I agree. Here is my hybrid dream version, tube preamp with solid state power amp. I'll call it the McIntosh MA9001.

Dan

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital coax,
    Sonos Connect, Stillpoints Ultra SS & Ultra Mini, PurePower 2000, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario

LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205 Signal Sleuth, Sonos Connect, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable,
    Sony DAT 60ES, Nakamichi BX-300, Micro Seiki DD40 w/m505A tonearm, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Stillpoints Ultra Mini, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113

VINTAGE - McIntosh 4300V, McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, JBL 4312A

Super Moderator

Love it Dan.

Is there truly a difference sound difference between Quad Balanced versus Non Quad Balanced McIntosh amps?

Has anyone here done a comparison?

Quote Originally Posted by KeithR View Post
    wish this had a quad-balanced circuit.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Banned

Love it Dan.

Is there truly a difference sound difference between Quad Balanced versus Non Quad Balanced McIntosh amps?

Has anyone here done a comparison?
    They seem to throw the quad balanced term around willy nilly lately. The describe the DAC in the MA9000 as a quad balanced yet the amp itself isn't

Super Moderator

I noticed that. I'm not sure if it really matters that the integrated is not Quad balanced. I'd sure be curious why not and what the ultimate sound difference is between Quad balanced and not.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Tone View Post
    They seem to throw the quad balanced term around willy nilly lately. The describe the DAC in the MA9000 as a quad balanced yet the amp itself isn't

NAD C 658 streamer.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Everest Audio View Post
    How good is McIntosh these days? I haven't heard a recent piece from them. Would something like this MA9000 start approaching some of the better integrated amps out there like the Pass INT-250?

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
    Just like every manufacturer, people love them and people hate them. They have their own sound and that listen all day goodness. McIntosh has that classic look that people love and lust for. I love the sound and like anything else, system/speaker matching is important to get the best.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

NAD C 658 streamer.

Has anybody listened to the new MA9000, and if so, what is your impression? How is the DAC in this unit? I am considering the MA9000 for use with my Klipschorns.

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum, thank you for joining.

I am interested as well. When I had the C52 preamp with dac, I loved it. I truly believe this will be as good or better with a chance to update/upgrade in the future. Sounds like a winner to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Allhorninjersey View Post
    Has anybody listened to the new MA9000, and if so, what is your impression? How is the DAC in this unit? I am considering the MA9000 for use with my Klipschorns.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Allhorninjersey View Post
    My opinion of McIntosh digital isn't quite as rosy as @joeinid.

The DAC in my C47 which is most likely the equivalent to the MA9000 is adequate to get the job done but nothing special. I thought the lowly 2k Ayre Codex was clearly better. I wouldn't hold my breath for McIntosh to offer an upgraded DAC unit for it. They can't even fix what is wrong with their current ones.

Fortunately the MA9000 has all kind of input options so you can always add an external DAC just like I did with my C47.

Super Moderator

I am an optimist at heart but hope they don't fumble this one. I actually did love the dac in the C52 but was worried about obsolescence. I'd actually love to have the dac be not only replaceable but truly OPTIONAL. This way I would not have to order it and save money.

The D1100 intrigues me too but already, Computer Audiophile had to send it in for an update. At least he loves what he heard and gave it a really good review.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Banned

The D1100 intrigues me too but already, Computer Audiophile had to send it in for an update. At least he loves what he heard and gave it a really good review.
    I can see the D1100 as a nice preamp for someone that is digital only and want the McIntosh sound. I have to believe the power improvements and dual mono design takes that Wadia based DAC to new levels. As a DAC alone I'm rather skeptical on it and I think there allot of options in it's price range or less that have better support behind them.

Super Moderator

Dr T, not to derail this thread but can you please tell me how you like the MC301 amps? I am having a difficult time figuring out what I want (re: getting back into McIntosh).

NAD C 658 streamer.

Lol... happy for you Joe. The guys at Alma Audio in La Jolla have a McIntosh clock in their shop. The blue meters illuminate (most of the time, anyway). Call Alex or Fabio, perhaps they'll make you a deal! New !!!   MA9000 Integrated Amplifier ....New !!!   MA9000 Integrated Amplifier ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by La Dolce Vita View Post
    Lol... happy for you Joe. The guys at Alma Audio in La Jolla have a McIntosh clock in their shop. The blue meters illuminate (most of the time, anyway). Call Alex or Fabio, perhaps they'll make you a deal! New !!!   MA9000 Integrated Amplifier ....New !!!   MA9000 Integrated Amplifier ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NAD C 658 streamer.

Banned

Dr T, not to derail this thread but can you please tell me how you like the MC301 amps? I am having a difficult time figuring out what I want (re: getting back into McIntosh).
    You know IMO it's about the right power for your speakers.

MC301 or MC601. MC452 if you want a single box. They will all sound like McIntosh and mesmerize you with the bouncing blue meters.

Pull the trigger!

Super Moderator

Ha! Thank you so much.

I know McIntosh has a few new pieces coming out over the next few months. Hopefully I'll figure out something soon.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Ha! Thank you so much.

I know McIntosh has a few new pieces coming out over the next few months. Hopefully I'll figure out something soon.

Any info on what those pieces might be Joe? TIA.

Super Moderator

I don't know but dying to find out. The rumor is a new introduction every month for the next three months. I'm hearing of a new, lower priced turntable for September. Whether that's true or not we should find out in the next week or two. McIntosh just released a smaller sacd player.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Joe.......This little hybrid McIntosh MA252 integrated amplifier was displayed earlier this year at the Tokyo Audio Show. I can't say I am fond of the aesthetics, but perhaps this amp may be set for a US release.

Dan

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital coax,
    Sonos Connect, Stillpoints Ultra SS & Ultra Mini, PurePower 2000, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario

LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205 Signal Sleuth, Sonos Connect, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable,
    Sony DAT 60ES, Nakamichi BX-300, Micro Seiki DD40 w/m505A tonearm, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Stillpoints Ultra Mini, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113

VINTAGE - McIntosh 4300V, McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, JBL 4312A

Super Moderator

Dan,

Weren't those photos from a few years ago? I seem to remember those images kicking around for several years. I don't remember if that's the case or not. I've read posts from people who think it's hideous. I'm on the fence

NAD C 658 streamer.

Joe.......I only read a blip about that amp being shown in Tokyo. Don't have a clue if it is a prototype or something that will see production and release.
    Dan

Joe.......Here is another new McIntosh product, the McIntosh MT2. This one has been officially announced but not yet released.

https://www.analogplanet.com/content...iced-turntable

Dan

Joe.......Don't miss the pair of MC2301's on Agon.
    Dan

I have an M9000 on order--should be here in about 2 weeks. I'll report back after I've lived with it a while.
    B&W803D3; McIntosh MA9000 integrated amp; Esoteric K-03 SACD/CD player; VPI Prime Signature/Ortofon Cadenza Bronze; Sennheiser HD800S and AudezeLCD-XC headphones

Super Moderator

Congratulations! Wonderful integrated.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Thanks. I hope I like it at least as much, if not more than my current Primaluna. It's a fine sounding amp, but I worry about tube life/reliability, plus I'd like to be able to leave an amp on all day if I so desired.
    B&W803D3; McIntosh MA9000 integrated amp; Esoteric K-03 SACD/CD player; VPI Prime Signature/Ortofon Cadenza Bronze; Sennheiser HD800S and AudezeLCD-XC headphones

Super Moderator

My exact reason for needing/wanting solid state gear in my system. Some weekends my stereo is on 24/7 or all day and/or night so I feel funny leaving a full tube amp especially on all the time. I’m trying to get my hands on a 452 to hear it on my Duos.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bachtoven View Post
    Thanks. I hope I like it at least as much, if not more than my current Primaluna. It's a fine sounding amp, but I worry about tube life/reliability, plus I'd like to be able to leave an amp on all day if I so desired.

Congrats John!
    Will you keep the Prima Luna also?
    Vivid Audio - Burmester - Hegel - Marantz - Oppo - Pioneer 60" - Wireworld

Quote Originally Posted by bart View Post
    Congrats John!
    Will u-you keep the Prima Luna also?
    No, I plan to sell it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

New !!!   MA9000 Integrated Amplifier ....