Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Denali 2000T review

After going for a few months I have decided it is time, again, to tweak the stereo with some upgrades. As I have posted a few times, my philosophy is clean power, cables, and vibration control are the foundation of a good stereo, and the better the foundation then the better the stereo. A solid foundation allows the other gear to work at its optimum.

Although I was very happy with my system I also knew that improvements were possible, but wasn't overly anxious to try anything. Then for whatever reason, I thought, why not. Let's spend some money. LOL

Since Shunyata had just released their next generation power conditioners and cables, they were a natural upgrade path. Magico also released new spikes with vibration elimination technology, so that too was an option.

After a little thought I decided to buy another Shunyata Denali 2000 power conditioner, and the Magico SPODs. The new Shunyata Sigma cables will be next, but in a month or two. I already had a Denali 2000 I purchased for the TV in the HT, but I later learned the Denali 2000 is designed mainly for amps. It has no current limitation, and uses the noise reduction technology from Shunyata's Medical Science division.

Before today, I was using Shunyata Cyclops v2 power conditioners on my amps, and they sounded great. Certainly better than plugging the amps directly into the wall. However, they did have a slight current lag, but the great noise reduction offset that. After thinking about this I felt the TV just needed the Cyclops. Hence, I ordered another Denali to use on the stereo, and it arrived today.

I installed both Denali at 3 this afternoon, and now 4 hours later, the stereo is starting to warm up.

While I really won't be able to judge it until later tonight as the system warms up, the air cools down, and the ambient noise decrease, my first impression is positive. While the music seems a bit clearer, along with vocals having a better 'edge' to each word, that will have to wait until later to really judge. However, I can say that the bass is more precise and hitting. That jumped right out at me. Hopefully, as the amps, and associated power cables, adjust to the Denali then things will continue to improve.

Since the SPODs are also supposed to tighten up the bass, and overall coherence, in the music then I expect these two upgrades to have an overall effect of getting new speakers. Can't complain about that.

The one thing I dislike about the Denali is they stand upright versus the Cyclop, which was flat on the floor. This let me place the Cyclop under the rack, while the Denali has to be on either side of the rack.

Anyway, as I gain more experience with this upgrade I will post it. I will say I have yet to be disappointed with a Shunyata product.

IMG_1905.JPG
    IMG_1907.JPG
    IMG_1908.JPG
    IMG_1911.JPG
    Bud

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson four shelf maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

Re: Denali 2000T review

I forgot to mention I bought this from Suncoast Audio. That is one quality company. I told them on Monday I wanted the Denali and SPODs, and snail mailed the check on Tuesday. Thursday I get a notice from UPS that the Denali will be delivered Friday.

I think I will say I want to upgrade my cables to the latest Shunyata Sigma cables, but 'forget' to mail the check. LOL.

Only kidding about the forget part.
    Bud

Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.

Denali 2000T review

Both are superb products in my experience, though what I have are 6000T and SPOD Plus for S3.

Congrats and thanks for sharing your update. Like you, I'm a believer in getting the foundation right first - power, cables, etc.

I also always try to improve the weakest link in the system first. I have forgotten about the Ethernet cable as streaming isn't big percentage of the usage. Just ordered AQ Diamond and hope to increase my Tidal usage.

Audioshark

Congrats Bud! Those Denali 2000T's look like soldiers ready to do battle against the even Gremlin's that live in our power lines.

I use two 2000T's in the big room at the store and they are fantastic.

Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by kzhtoo View Post
    Both are superb products in my experience, though what I have are 6000T and SPOD Plus for S3.

Congrats and thanks for sharing your update. Like you, I'm a believer in getting the foundation right first - power, cables, etc.

I also always try to improve the weakest link in the system first. I have forgotten about the Ethernet cable as streaming isn't big percentage of the usage. Just ordered AQ Diamond and hope to increase my Tidal usage.
    Do the SPOD's work on the MKI speakers? Adding a set to my S3's would be something to consider, as if I'm upgrading it would be M3's rather than to MKII's.

Also, another satisfied customer here as well using a 6000T. I need to add a few sigma PC's at some point.
    Main System:
    Speakers: Magico S3 MK1 | Amp: Boulder 1160 | Pre-Amp: Ref10 | Digital: DCS Vivaldi 3/4 stack & esoteric K07x | Phono-Pre: ARC Ref 2se | Phono: AMG Viella w\ 12JT & Benz LPS cart.

Living Room:
    Speakers: KEF LS50 | Amp: Primaluna Prologue Premium | Digital: Lumin D2

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyS View Post
    Do the SPOD's work on the MKI speakers? Adding a set to my S3's would be something to consider, as if I'm upgrading it would be M3's rather than to MKII's.

Also, another satisfied customer here as well using a 6000T. I need to add a few sigma PC's at some point.
    Yes. S1/S3 mk1 need what they call SPOD Plus, which has out-trigger attached to it.

Congrats on the upgrades! I've been using Shunyata products for a good 5+ years; never disappointed.

Who is this Suncoast dealer?

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

It is now Saturday afternoon, and the stereo is still going. I have watched some HT, and puttered around in the backyard, but no sleep yet. The music is giving me energy. While nice, it does mess up a weekend.

The only other time this has happened is when I bought my first Magico, the S5. That speaker kept me up all night more than once. I have to give credit to the Denali. I was very happy with the Cyclop performance, but am amazed at the improvement.

The only negative aspect is that now I have started to seriously think of an interconnect and speaker cable upgrade. LOL.
    Bud

Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
    I forgot to mention I bought this from Suncoast Audio. That is one quality company. I told them on Monday I wanted the Denali and SPODs, and snail mailed the check on Tuesday. Thursday I get a notice from UPS that the Denali will be delivered Friday.

I think I will say I want to upgrade my cables to the latest Shunyata Sigma cables, but 'forget' to mail the check. LOL.

Only kidding about the forget part.
    Wow! , It would be great if Suncoast had a delegation in Spain. I ordered my 6000T at the end of April and I am still waiting .....
    Francisco

Aries Cerat Kassandra Ref. MKII / Taiko Extreme Server / Gryphon Essence Preamplifier and Stereo Amplifier / Rockport Atria I / REL S-812 (2) / Göbel XLR (2), Göbel Ethernet and USB Cables / MIT Magnum MA Speakers Cables / Shunyata Everest 8000 / Shunyata Omega XC (1), Sigma NR V2 (4) and Alfa NR V1 (2) / Taiko Switch / Paul Hynes SR7T Double Rail / Farad Super3 / Doepke DFS-2 40A / GigaWatt G-C16A 2P / Fuse module AHP 4Gi / Center Stage2 0.8, 1.0 and 1.5

Maybe Mike will be selling franchises -

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

I have to admit that I really wasn't expecting to much of an improvement with the Denali 2000T over the Cyclop v2, but this is just phenomenal. The clarity, enunciation of words, precise bass, pinpoint imaging, and zero background noise is just outstanding from the Denali. I couldn't ask for a better upgrade. I just wish they had a Cyclop form factor.

I really need to seriously think of upgrading to Sigma speaker and interconnects.
    Bud

Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Denali 2000T review