Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
    Audioshark

Gryphon at Munich High End 2017

https://youtu.be/wfxWGkcd3_w

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Re: Gryphon at Munich High End 2017

Gryphon was one room I really wanted to listen to at Munich.
    Listening slots were just impossible to get on the days I was there.

The Kalliope DAC and the Diablo Integrated are two products I would like to hear.
    2 Channel Stereo :
    Custom Win10 Transport | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Acoustic Portrait Thiyaga | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

I too would be really interested to hear any owners experience with the Kalliope DAC. Anyone?

owned one for over a year, PM me
    Turntables: Acoustic Signature Invictus Jr. NEO, Grand Prix Monaco V3.0
    Tonearms: Acoustic Signature TA-9000 NEO, Kuzma Safir
    Cartridges: Miyabi Fuuga, Ortofon Century, Murashino Sumile Mono
    Phono Amplifiers: CH Precision P1, Channel D Lino 3.3
    Digital: CH Precision C1.2/D1.5/T1, Innuos Statement Nextgen, Luxman D-10X (Loan)
    Amplifiers: CH Precision L10/M10, Parasound JC1+, Gryphon Diablo 333 (Incoming)
    Speakers : Magnepan 30.7x, Wilson Audio XVX Chronosonic/Subsonics
    Cables: CAD Ground Controls/USB, Cardas Beyond Clear, Gobel Lacorde Statement
    Accessories: Artesania Exoteryc Racks & Damping Plates, Seismion Reactio, Degritter RC, RPG Acoustic Treatments/PSI AVAA, Torus Power/Plixir Elite BAC

Im interested how it was also.

Quote Originally Posted by annapolis Raider View Post
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Naim ND555/2PS, Naim 552, Naim 500, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Magico M2s, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Lumina IC/SC, Shunyata Everest and Omega PCs.

Workshop: Naim ND555/2 PS, VAC Master Pre, VAC Sig 200iQ, Border Patrol pre/power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Typhon QR/Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

Quote Originally Posted by annapolis Raider View Post
    Post your thoughts on it publicly. I’m sure many of us would like to hear about your experience

Preamp/Digital: Meitner MA3
    HT Processor: Bryston SP3
    Amps: Bryston 14b3, Bryston 4b3
    Speakers: Kef Reference 5, Kef Reference 4c
    Sub: REL Carbon Special
    Power: Shunyata Denali, Bryston BIT15
    Wires: Wireworld Silver Eclipse XLR & SC, Ethernet - WW Platinum USB
    Other: Stillpoint Ultra SS, ISO-Acoustics ISO Pucks

-Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil View Post
    Gryphon was one room I really wanted to listen to at Munich.
    Listening slots were just impossible to get on the days I was there.
    Agree this was a bit of an organizational flaw and not very well thought-through.

The manufacturer invests in displaying their ware at a public trade show to demo products. Then only pre-registered dealers can listen? Killed my interest in anything Gryphon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Quote Originally Posted by Phishphan View Post
    Post your thoughts on it publicly. I’m sure many of us would like to hear about your experience

Not trying to be coy guys. Gryphon Audio Kalliope is a DAC state of the art contender worthy of Gryphon's status (IMHO) as top five high end audio vendor. I have owned 5 Gryphon Audio products and the ownership experience has been excellent.

I am NOT a reviewer, dealer, or industry representative of any type, but I do know and benefit from relationships with quite a few of them. Out of respect for all the people that allow me to experience their equipment, I do not make public comparisons. So for the obvious questions that I know a lot of you would like to know, ie How does the Kalliope compare to CH, or any of the other 10 or so DACs I've compared it to. You will have to PM me.
    Turntables: Acoustic Signature Invictus Jr. NEO, Grand Prix Monaco V3.0
    Tonearms: Acoustic Signature TA-9000 NEO, Kuzma Safir
    Cartridges: Miyabi Fuuga, Ortofon Century, Murashino Sumile Mono
    Phono Amplifiers: CH Precision P1, Channel D Lino 3.3
    Digital: CH Precision C1.2/D1.5/T1, Innuos Statement Nextgen, Luxman D-10X (Loan)
    Amplifiers: CH Precision L10/M10, Parasound JC1+, Gryphon Diablo 333 (Incoming)
    Speakers : Magnepan 30.7x, Wilson Audio XVX Chronosonic/Subsonics
    Cables: CAD Ground Controls/USB, Cardas Beyond Clear, Gobel Lacorde Statement
    Accessories: Artesania Exoteryc Racks & Damping Plates, Seismion Reactio, Degritter RC, RPG Acoustic Treatments/PSI AVAA, Torus Power/Plixir Elite BAC

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon Audio View Post
    Gryphons demo´s in Munich are never reserved for pre-registered dealers or press, but its a Gryphon policy to make demos limited to a number of people, that allow for the best possible sound experience in the room.
    We prefer a great demo for 18 rather than a poor one for 50

We do this out of respect for the consumers. Unfortunately that means that the seats are taken very fast.
    Good for you Gryphon Audio, power to you.

But in case I travel 500 km to an audio show to hear products I am interested in, I want to hear them. If a company then is too precious to respect my time investment, they’re falling off my world map. It is interesting to operate in sales based on what you prefer, I’ve heard of companies who think about what customers might prefer.

But it actually is very simple: as a consumer I can only vote with my feet and $$. Now there’s a Pass amp in my system, could have been a Gryphon. But good for you that you have that preference of yours.

Luckily for Gryphon there are dealers like Mike, who have a passion for music, vast experience trying out and recommending different things, and who understand the importance of taking their time with customers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon Audio View Post
    At Gryphon we believe that the consumer wants - and deserve - the best possible demonstration.
    A show with 15.000 visitors, in 3 days, cannot offer that, this is why we are lucky to have good retailers such as Mike.
    No doubt Mike's a great retailer of any product that he represents. The US is a huge expanse of geography; you need more than
    a handful of dealers to cover it if you will be successful reintroducing your products here (which many of us would love to hear
    myself included).

Kuoppis said it very well. I will add that taking the stance you have is understandable but at the preeminent audio show in the
    entire world, you might want to be a bit more flexible, offer more demos, more seats, get a larger room, whatever it takes to allow
    more people to experience your products.

All said with respect...
    Legacy Audio Valor+Wavelet v2, Esoteric S-02 Amps HDPlex 300W, RevAudio Labs DC Umbilical, Esoteric Grandioso P1, P1PSU & dual D1 DACs, Cybershaft Prem Ltd OP21A 10 MHz Clock, Esoteric C-02X, Shunyata Everest 8000 & Altaira SG-NR hubs, Sigma SGC/CGC ground cables, VTX-Ag ground tails, AfterBurner8 duplexes, CSP Inc Q4B, S2B IEC plates, Shunyata Omega CLOCK-50 cables, Tubulus Concentus HDMI, Elrod Master Series Diamond SE & Masters Series Gold Power cords and Statement Gold XLRs, Diamond XLRs & Master Series Diamond XLRs, Shunyata OMEGA QR-s power cable, Anaconda Z-tron XLR, Elrod Statement Gold speaker cables, Adona Zero GX3, GX2, GX racks, Composite Audio CF-2010, Townshend Audio Podiums, HRS DPX Damping Plates, Stillpoints Ultra SS w/Ultra Bases, pArtScience 64-well, 2D QRD 3-inch SpaceArray Diffusors

Travel/Rip: Apple MacBook Pro 16” 2023 M2 Max, 12-core CPU, 38-core GPU, 32 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD for Audirvana+ v3, iTunes, REW Audio Analyzer, dbPowerAmp, DVD Audio Extractor

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by SCAudiophile View Post
    No doubt Mike's a great retailer of any product that he represents. The US is a huge expanse of geography; you need more than
    a handful of dealers to cover it if you will be successful reintroducing your products here (which many of us would love to hear
    myself included).

Kuoppis said it very well. I will add that taking the stance you have is understandable but at the preeminent audio show in the
    entire world, you might want to be a bit more flexible, offer more demos, more seats, get a larger room, whatever it takes to allow
    more people to experience your products.

All said with respect...
    This is probably a good topic for another thread. The reality is, there just isn’t that many dealers across the country who are willing to invest $50,000 to $100,000 of their own money in another brand. Just think, if those dealers have Boulder, Soulution, CH or something similar, the odds of them ponying up for another brand is very low. Remember, we have to buy all our gear and brands like Gryphon don’t just require just a Diablo 120 and you’re good to go. They want to see 120, 300, separates, sources, speakers, etc.

The Gryphon distributor has done a great job flying all over the country meeting with potential dealers, and not just any dealer, but the right dealer. You won’t see Gryphon electronics slapped up against a Sony TV either. But remember, it’s a two way street. The right dealer must also be willing to make the investment and the right dealer must fit the profile. Are they serious about two channel or are they pushing TV’s and CI work?

Choosing the right brands is something I stress over constantly. I assess the entire situation. For example, when there is only one person behind a company, it’s very concerning. There’s a prominent electronics manufacturer right now I would be scared as hell to carry. The owner is the company and he’s not getting any younger. Some companies like Pass, have a great team in place going forward. Conrad Johnson just announced their succession plan. Ditto for VPI and many others.

To be honest, I’ve had to let some brands go for various reasons. While picking the right equipment, products you love and can get behind is important, it’s equally important to work with companies and distributors that have a great support structure and you can trust. I’ve dropped a few who did some real sneaky shit. Others, I struggled selling and had to make a change. I will tell you, that for the most part, working with manufacturers or manufacturer reps is terrific. There are also some amazing, supportive distributors out there too. But there are others who are posing as sole sellers, and trust me, they’re not going to last.

As for the Munich demo, my recommendation is to go straight to the Gryphon room the minute the show opens on the first day and ask for passes for the show. The Gryphon demo is excellent. They lock the door to avoid unnecessary distractions and noise, and the demos are well orchestrated with a variety of music and equipment discussion. It’s not a quick 5 minute listen and go. It’s a good chunk of time, well spent.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team