Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Audioshark

Re: LA Audio Show - pics and thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Devg View Post
    My top 3 rooms (and I was able to play my music)

1. Pranafidility
    2. Karma/Viola
    3. Vivids/Luxman

Out of all the rooms, I spent most of the time in Pranafidility and was amazed what the small monitors are capable of. In a small room, they played some tunes crazy loud without any harshness or fatigue but at the same time very very revealing. We played jazz, vocals, classical, rock and every time it performed like a champ. the dynamics was just off the chats. I am yet to hear a speaker in a show which can perform equally in more than one genre. On my request, they setup the floor standers and it took everything that the monitors did and took it to the next level. The setup was played with Pranafidlity preamp/amp - the amp is based off Hypex nc1200. After hearing this setup, anyone would have more respect for class D amp

The Karma/Viola was fantastic as well - very lively, huge dynamics and played well to variety of tunes. The Vivids/Luxman sounded great as well - great soundstage, lively but just a tad laid back and could listen for longer duration without fatigue.

All in all, it was a good show - got to hear some great systems.
    DevG - what Vivid's were playing? I heard it was G1 Spirit and then G2. Curious if you got to hear both.

How did you guys like the Magico with VAC? I've been loving that combo myself.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzie View Post
    Possibly the worst looking setup ever!
    Looks like an Audio Nightmare.......
    INDUSTRY AFFILIATION: OWNER/PRESIDENT OF
    QUINTESSENCE ACOUSTICS
    www.quintessenceacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    DevG - what Vivid's were playing? I heard it was G1 Spirit and then G2. Curious if you got to hear both.

The entire time I was there (couple of tracks), they were playing the G1. the G2 was at the back of the room and I didn't hear them play. Judging by how G1 performed, I would assume G2 can only be better....

Magico(s5II)/VAC sounded good, so did Magico(s3II)/CAT and Magico(s7)/Macintosh. None played my request, so I can't really compare how they did with others. Out of the three, I preferred the Magico/Macintosh room rigged with SR products.

Hello,

Do you know what type of material is being used for the board thats holding the xover components .?

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by a.wayne View Post
    Hello,

Do you know what type of material is being used for the board thats holding the xover components .?
    How did this sound?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

Hello,

Sorry, I don't. Initially I thought it to be a pair of subwoofer beside the speakers, until I went up close

Audioshark

Sorry, I don't. Initially I thought it to be a pair of subwoofer beside the speakers, until I went up close
    How did they sound?

MikeL, loves them , others have said hi-fi sounding, which is about normal with show reports..

I thought it sounded good - I preferred Jadis on the S3s a bit more, but that's personal taste. In general, it was great to hear Magicos on tubes!

I missed the other two Magico rooms - first was a Synergistic demo using Mac amps. The other was the Magico room itself.
    Brinkmann Bardo w/ EMT HSD-006 cart, MSB Reference DAC --> Linear Tube Audio MicroZOTL --> Ampzilla 2000, 2nd Edition --> Fyne Audio F1-12

How did they sound?
    Well, I'm highly suspect But I was very impressed by them, and other folks in the room seemed to be as well. I heard Hervé was cranking some AC/DC at concert level volumes, so I had to check it out And it was amazing, very punchy, with that "glow" around voices and instruments that Evolution Ac. speakers do that's particularly unique.
    Then Leslie (the tape guy) queued up some Led Zeppelin, just so I could compare with last year's session on the bigger MM3 EXACTs.
    While I thought last year's session *was* better, the room last year was better as well. And while I did all this on Sunday, I believe the speakers and the massive crossovers could use a little bit more burn-in time, as they were finalized just last Friday!

cheers,
    alex

How did they sound?
    I was there on the first day but wasn't drawn too much to the music. somewhat hifi sounding. I did not return later to see if it improved.

The best rock performance I heard in the show was from two rooms

1. Pranafidelity - Pink Foyd
    2. Raidho/Avik/Ansuz - Metallica

How did you like these little Wilsons? I got to hear them over the weekend driven by the big Burmester Integrated and the latest Esoteric CDP. Sweet!
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -
    Rotel RCD-1572 / Rega P3 > Luxman 505UX Mark II > Fyne Audio F502SPs > Synergistic Cables

Secondary - OPPO 93 > VAC CLA 1 MKII Pre > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables

yes Sabrina is one Wilson that is on my list to hear but price in uk now has risen hugely since brexit
    1]bel canto EIX/ F5 monoblocks . BC cd2, tannoy eaton legacy 2]bel canto pre 5 ,arcam a85 , black ice modded dac
    modded dac , marantz sa8005, Verity audio Rienzi

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
    How did you like these little Wilsons? I got to hear them over the weekend driven by the big Burmester Integrated and the latest Esoteric CDP. Sweet!
    Out of all the Wilson rooms, this was the best I heard - both price and sound-wise

MikeL, loves them , others have said hi-fi sounding, which is about normal with show reports..
    what did the infamous "15 second reviewer" have to say about the EA room? oh sorry, that was the time they showed at Newport

The entire time I was there (couple of tracks), they were playing the G1. the G2 was at the back of the room and I didn't hear them play. Judging by how G1 performed, I would assume G2 can only be better....
    you might have this backwards?
    Rob
    Tascam BR-20; Technics 1506 with tape path upgrades, FM head, DeHavilland 222 tape head pre; Modwright Oppo 205 full tube mod w/LPS; Euphony Summus server, EtherRegen, HDPLEX LPS; MSB Discrete DAC (dual PS, ISLPro, balanced out); Pass Labs XP-12, XA60.8 (pair); Daedalus Audio Apollo 11’s, VMPS Larger Sub; Daedalus/Wywires, Acoustic Zen, Sablon Audio, Wireworld, Shunyata Research cables; Core Power Equi=Power;
    Adona rack, ​​​​​Stillpoints, IsoPods, ASC, GIK Acoustics accessories

Quote Originally Posted by rbbert View Post
    you might have this backwards?
    sorry, I might have confused with the model. I heard whichever was the smaller one of the two.

A quick write up of the Magico/Vac room by Part Time Audiophile with plenty of photos - https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2017/...oothing-sound/

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

LA Audio Show - pics and thoughts